Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

1v1 championship is dead

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> 1v1 championship is dead
Page 1 of 212>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
8/16/2012 0:00:10   
.Sir Lazarus.

Hello,

I see factions wining that medal with about 1400 wins every day.... Before that was not enough for 5th place... ?

Do you think 1v1 is dead?

AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 1
8/16/2012 0:10:02   
AQWPlayer

Everyone got tired of OPness
AQW  Post #: 2
8/16/2012 0:13:33   
Westwycke

No, I think that the extra influence available from the war (even with the vaults destroyed) has lured many players to do war battles that don't allow you to concentrate specifically on 1v1 or 2v2. I think with the war leaving at the next update we will see a resurgence in competition for the 1v1 and 2v2 titles.
MQ Epic  Post #: 3
8/16/2012 0:20:33   
Buffy A. Summers

quote:

Hello,

I see factions wining that medal with about 1400 wins every day.... Before that was not enough for 5th place... ?

Do you think 1v1 is dead?

WRONG.

Some Days Are Slower Than Others. As It's Always Been.

I Admit The War Has Affected The 1vs1 And 2vs2 Alot.

But The Other Day, Legit Finished 2nd In 1vs1 With 2,000+ Wins And The Legion Of Buffy Won It With 2,300+.

Today, Was A Very Slow Day. It's Not A Pattern. Simply The Result Of A Flawed War System.

Which Mercifully Ends Today.

~ Buffy
AQW Epic  Post #: 4
8/16/2012 0:33:18   
Rayman
Banned

And we Got more variety Now, I guess, Jugg, boss battles, missions etc. And for now the war.
AQW Epic  Post #: 5
8/16/2012 0:44:03   
Naruto Uzamaki

It is hard now to get wins in 1vs1 then back in gamma or even beta and now as see 2vs2 is way better for high levels to join in they are now try to get 2vs2 badges but to be honest for non varium the wins for 1vs1 is harder then before.
Post #: 6
8/16/2012 0:54:29   
AQWPlayer

^
AGREED. I as a nonvar beta (3/4 enhanced) get like a 20-30% win rate in normal 1vs1. Out of those wins, the majority are from lower level nonvars.
AQW  Post #: 7
8/21/2012 3:23:14   
.Sir Lazarus.

When BKOC was very active and on top we had like 3000 - 4000 easy every day... :/

AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 8
8/21/2012 3:32:57   
VIX

Simply it's always the same thing happening since 3 years and half ago until now. ED is boring cuz always same thing in Battles same builds same weapons same same same same.. we did suggest a cool idea to be allowed to hide our build so all people would have different builds \ enhancements. 1v1 is totaly dead after when we retired Meganet did retired as well i think not sure about this and some other factions. we just need some more strategies that's all what i can say..

-VIX

Epic  Post #: 9
8/21/2012 8:31:23   
Lord Machaar

VIX
We all know why you quitted ED, so please don't blame something or someone, that isn't the real cause of your abandon..

< Message edited by Lord Machaar -- 8/21/2012 8:35:15 >
MQ Epic  Post #: 10
8/21/2012 9:17:52   
carabuno

its because of bm and slow days and repetitive nature
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 11
8/21/2012 10:07:08   
Mother1

^ I have to agree with this one but don't forget the CH as well. While I can hold my own against these classes, it is still hard to fight them the way I like without selling out to one of the other drone builds for this class.

I know it is sad, but why there are a few people who like using variety in their builds, most just stick with the same dominating builds since they know the chances for a win are greater then using whatever build they could think of with the fear of getting clobbered.
Epic  Post #: 12
8/21/2012 10:38:44   
MrBones

Ah the balance issue.

What/who is killing the 1vs1, 2vs2 or jugg ? Some might say it's the balance. I have another take on it.

I have been around for quite a while, active in-game and in forums. I have read about every arguments, suggestions, I saw many changes to the game. Some positive, some negative.

The problem lies within the players themselves. They play a game called EpicDuel, duelling for their lives. Every single player wants to win and it is understandable. Now how in hell is it possible for every single players to have a 90% win ratio ?? It is just not possible.

Now if the game would ever achieved perfect balance, having all the classes and possible buits equal in power, the only way to win a battle would be to rely on luck. But here is the thing, players are already complaining about the luck factor in battles being already to high.

So I guess we are in a dead end. I doubt players would enjoy the game as they do now winning only 50% of their fights, especially the varium ones.

I am kind of a big deal, so don't act like you're not impressed.
- Abraham Lincoln
Epic  Post #: 13
8/21/2012 11:54:15   
DunkThatOreo

^I swear that looks very similar to another post I saw in the balance discussion :o
Epic  Post #: 14
8/21/2012 13:20:18   
Stabilis

I still get bored after an hour or two and stop.
AQ Epic  Post #: 15
8/21/2012 14:06:12   
Naruto Uzamaki

There are now less non varium these day playing 1 vs 1 most of them rather just play 2 vs 2 it becomes to point there just doing npc and now now these low levels non varium are doing better then higher level non varium in fast wins. I know one vs one is not dead since a lot of faction are getting over 2k in wins. The problem is now for 1 vs 1 there are too many varium players playing 1 vs 1 which for non varium it is not fun for them at all and to make to worst to get 100 wins these days for them next to impossible in order to get varium players happy as well non varium is to get enhance items price lower wait now too much.
Post #: 16
8/21/2012 18:29:08   
King Helios

All championships are slowing down now. So far, 18.5 hours in, Wonderland leads 2v2 with only 409, and Meganet 1v1 with 2,176. Juggernaut is most active.
AQ MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 17
8/21/2012 19:26:01   
VIX

Lord Machaar

You don't know anything, i said the reasons that made me get mad but i didn't said why i retired.
Epic  Post #: 18
8/21/2012 19:30:52   
Algorithm

LoL classic thread :P. I'm loving 1v1 at the time don't think anything is wrong with it, but not many can dominate with an apprentice staff xD.

EDIT: Needed to add more emphasis ;)

< Message edited by Algorithm -- 8/21/2012 19:33:19 >
Post #: 19
8/21/2012 20:08:45   
goldslayer1

well, i think part of the reason is balance, and repetitiveness. (or repetitiveness unbalance. if the game had better gameplay, repeating battles wouldn't be as boring as it is right now)

and generally, getting dailies isn't as rewarding as it use to be.
now if u get alot of dailies, people criticize u and claim ur "ruining" competition. or just simply show disliking/hate towards u. others will just come out and say ur winning to much and that u need to give others a chance. (i know because i had people come up to me and tell me that)
its not just for solo, im sure it happens ingame for team and jugger factions too.

and if there isn't a faction dominating , and another starts dominating, its only a matter of time before they realize its not worth it.
some will give up in a couple dailies, others will last longer than others. but eventually they realize it isn't worth it.

i know alot of factions will think its cool to get a daily and all, but yeah at some point u realize its not worth it, and no longer strive for dailies.
this happened with all big factions like DSX, KOTR, BKOC, legit. and it happened for a reason.

< Message edited by goldslayer1 -- 8/21/2012 20:17:18 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 20
8/22/2012 0:10:07   
helloguy

factions have been a mute point for a long while know
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 21
8/22/2012 8:14:37   
Lord Machaar

Vix
We just know :]
and i think Algorithm has got a point!

< Message edited by Lord Machaar -- 8/22/2012 8:17:32 >
MQ Epic  Post #: 22
8/22/2012 10:02:32   
VIX

@Lord Machaar

Lol ok you know it , i retired cuz ED is so boring atm always same things i didn't mean ED is bad it's really cool game but really i been playing it for 3 years and half and since 3 years until now it's same thing so i decided to play a better game that is more strategic, and i started playing league of Legends , that's why i retired i found that League of legends is more strategic than ED and way better.

Thanks for your guess Lord Machaar but sadly that's why i retired not cuz of other things :D

have a nice day ;)
Im out of this thread!

< Message edited by VIX -- 8/22/2012 10:09:00 >
Epic  Post #: 23
8/22/2012 10:23:06   
.Sir Lazarus.

Hit and run eh Vix? xD
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 24
8/22/2012 10:40:29   
goldslayer1

@lord machar
if u need to know why we retired, heres a link http://forums2.battleon.com/f/fb.asp?m=20456118
theres is my posts, along with vix's post below it. also turkishincubus retired from pretty much the same reasons.

and yes, i would say the battle mode was one of the reasons for retiring. (under balance reasons)

< Message edited by goldslayer1 -- 8/22/2012 10:48:12 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 25
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> 1v1 championship is dead
Page 1 of 212>
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition