Thursday The 12th: Out of Order!
Guardians or Adventurers?: Both, though Guardian have potentially better farming spots available to them.
Directions: Today's Event > Click the "Thursday The 12th Undead War: Out of Order!" button
For EXP/Gold/Both/Z-Tokens: Primarily for EXP, but you'll find out it is also a decent source of gold.
- The starting cutscene is skippable, and there's virtually no dialogue (there's some if you manage to reach the Fatalis boss, but it can be clicked away really fast);
- Animations are fast, and battles last only 2 to 3 turns, depending on the monster you are fighting (some monsters can be finished in a single turn, especially when a LUKy Strikes procs);
- If you have an unfavourable battle and flee, you are taken to the main War screen, and can easily and quickly return to action;
- Since you can encounter monsters much higher leveled than you are, the EXP payoff can be very high;
- Artix Form is not only very powerful, but also very resilient to damage, allowing to tackle most monsters without fear of dying, EVEN when they outlevel you by a fair margin;
- ALL monsters start with a -200 LUK debuff, which means you ALWAYS start the battle first, and their LUKy Strikes are of no threat (save for some Glass Cannon monsters with their MP/SP attacks back-to-back).
- Your Guest, Daimyo, is obligatory; his damage output pales compared to yours, and is unreliable at finishing off even very weakened monsters.
- Can get repetitive to some, but I find this is alleviated by the randomness of monsters you encounter.
Suggested Equipment: NONE, one of the big advantages of this farming spot: since you are locked into Artix Form, absolutely NO EQUIPMENT is needed! Also saves you some time changing equipment mid battle.
General Strategy: No "strategy" required per se while in-battle, you only have to click the "Attack" button. However, you'd be best have the following mindset:
- Fill up your SP bar beforehand (Essence Orb is wonderful for this), so you have plenty in case you need to flee;
- Seek battles with the HIGHEST level monsters you can find at your level, while fleeing from low leveled monsters whose low rewards are not worth your time;
- PRIORITIZE battles with the following types of monsters (unless low leveled):
* Spectres (low HP, very high EXP reward);
* Moglin Phantom (low HP, high EXP rewards);
* Banshee (low HP, moderate EXP rewards);
* Undead Mage (low HP, moderate EXP rewards).
- AVOID battles with the following monsters (they are usually NOT worth your time):
* Moglin Freak (high EXP rewards, but has moderate HP, and transforms at <50%, which takes animation time; only battle if high leveled);
* Zombie Zard (Tank monster with high HP, END and low Resistances, takes too much time to defeat, definitely AVOID);
* Undead Wounded (moderate HP, but gives abnormally low EXP and Gold rewards),
* Skull Swarm packs (individually low HP, but packs of 4 can have a cumulative higher HP than most monsters; also more animation time than most monsters);
- Avoid the battle with the Fatalis Boss, if you ever reach it; It has a good EXP reward and it's not hard to defeat, BUT beating it triggers lots of dialogue, so it's best if you just FLEE from it.
Recommended Levels/Builds: Another one of the main advantages of this spot, ANY CHARACTER can farm this spot on equal terms and with similar speeds, since you are given Artix Form! This is more significant for BeastMaster builds, which can farm much faster without having to wait for their Pet to attack. It is also suitable and available for characters of any level.
Data: I have been farming from level 120 to level 129 on an Adventurer character, and I have been able to cap EXP consistently in about 1h to 1h 30m, if I'm focused; there may be some variance though, as the monster pool is quite random.
Notes: It is in your best interest to TURN OFF the "Ready Inventory Before Battle" option, if you have it enabled, saving you a few seconds each battle; you can achieve this by clicking the "Options" button below your HP, MP and SP bars > "More" > Uncheck "Ready Inv Before Battle (AQ)" > "OK" to return to the main screen.
< Message edited by Raven God -- 5/3/2018 5:51:07 >