Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Poor sportsmen ship

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> Poor sportsmen ship
Page 1 of 212>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
10/22/2012 19:15:22   
Mother1

I remember I was battling this OP str BH a few days ago, and we did battle four times in 1 vs 1. The first three times he beat me regradless of who went first. However the fourth time I was down to 15 health and he had 55 with him malfed. So I used my level one overload and hit him with 25 damage and stunned him. Next turn I got raged and I beat with with my azreal borg. This is the part that gets me.

Each time the guy one he would say gg however the one time I beat him he goes and calls me a lucky noob and goes on to say stun needs to be removed from the game. I was think what the heck he beat me three times and when I do beat him he throws a fit?

Now I have to ask has anything like this ever happened to you before? If so when did it happen and did it annoy you?
Epic  Post #: 1
10/22/2012 19:27:07   
Pinkie Pie

This happens to me on occasions, I used to get annoyed more at the fact that I lost three times in a row. But when I win a fight by a stun and someone calls me a "lucky noob" I would just say "What's that? I can't hear you over the sound of my lighting." You should say that too, it silences them for the remainder of the battle trying to think of a comeback.
DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 2
10/22/2012 19:27:28   
laguna blade

I dont remember but I reported him.
Epic  Post #: 3
10/22/2012 20:04:10   
midnight assassin

This happens to me when I defeat a varium bm. Some kids today are getting annoying.
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 4
10/22/2012 20:15:06   
Angels Holocaust

That whole battle was luck. A stun and a rage gun.
Post #: 5
10/22/2012 20:42:57   
Pinkie Pie

The stun I would say is luck, the rage sidearm is inevitable.
DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 6
10/22/2012 20:48:55   
forcefear699

Lol poor Sportsmanship . . . Its a game Not saying this in a rude way but dont get hurt cause someone who has had a little worse day than you said something mean to you. Just think you have achieved something a little greater by just being nice to him. If he chooses to be mean its his choice and he will get muted for a few days. Its not even a big deal
Epic  Post #: 7
10/22/2012 20:51:01   
Mother1

@ Pinkie pie

What Angel is saying was that if I didn't stun the person I would have most likely lost again.

@ angel

I know that battle I won by was by luck, but at the same time that person didn't have to insult me just because of that happening. You win some you lose some. you can be dominating a whole match, but one block, deflection, crit or stun can ruin it for you.

@ forcefear

This person dueled me 4 times and I win one out of the four due to getting a free turn since I stunned him. plus when he dominated me the first 3 times he said gg to me.

But I know it is a game, and weather I win or lose I don't get upset weather I am dominated by an OP build, or someone gets lucky and wins. I was talking a person who throws a fit because he/she loses a fight they figured they should win.

Normally I see this at the lower levels when playing with my alts, but at the higher levels I don't see it as much and you know what is funny about it? I see this happening from those OP build uses who think they should win every match but end up losing due to this factor.

< Message edited by Mother1 -- 10/22/2012 20:57:58 >
Epic  Post #: 8
10/22/2012 21:02:14   
Zean Zapple

Don't take it personally, I'm sure he is like that with everyone
Epic  Post #: 9
10/22/2012 21:27:16   
JDM

@Mother1

Lol, that kind of happened to me too. I was battling this guy and he called me a lucky noob because i stunned him, then raged and nearly beat him.. Then i battled him again right after the last battle but this time, he criticals and i joke around and call him a lucky noob too like he did in the last match to me. But after i said that he responded to me saying, "No, its skill noob.." then he says gg and i lose again.

The lucky noob part didnt really bug me very much, but the thing that bugged me the most was that he had all his items enhanced, used a CH massacre build, and was in the Immersion Relics.. -.-..

And you know, if you think about.. This entire game is pretty much based on luck because nearly every move you make can be blockable, delectable, or a critical, then you have the occasional stun... So really, everyones a lucky noob.

< Message edited by JDM -- 10/22/2012 21:33:19 >
Epic  Post #: 10
10/22/2012 21:39:15   
Stabilis

It is the result of various causes. One cause being the trollish end battle screen (specifically DEFEAT) with some pointless skull smiling at you.

Another is that battle results are not always "worth it", when I mean "worth it" I mean: was the end logical or fair? Fair being a relative term, but along the meaning of both players having an almost equal opportunity to win with the turn by turn events being deserved. Such as a Technology user deflecting at least 1 ranged shot.
AQ Epic  Post #: 11
10/22/2012 21:48:28   
robo90925

Alot of people are like that. I asked some people that called me noob if they knew what noob means and they didnt even know!!!

< Message edited by robo90925 -- 10/22/2012 21:49:43 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 12
10/22/2012 23:26:19   
xGreen Warriorx

^ Lolz. It means newbie, so really, lvl 25+ or anyone who knows what theyre doing shouldn't be called a noob.

This happens to me a lot, especially when I'm using my own builds, which usually involve a lot if dex. What I usually do is explain where my "luck" is coming from, because some people don't understand it completely. After that I usually ignore them, report them if they start swearing.
AQW Epic  Post #: 13
10/22/2012 23:36:30   
Angels Holocaust

I honestly can't believe that we're having this discussion again for the 10th time. People get mad, get over it. People troll and aren't punished. You don't see me complaining. Brush it off, and continue to play. It's part of any competitive game.
Post #: 14
10/22/2012 23:54:36   
xxmirxx

Mother1 I tend to find this annoying when people refer u to be lucky when u stun them or crit them in all honestly they know what ED like now were half of the wins are base on luck or other half base on getting lagging and skipping turns. If you ask me this all stared with lower levels getting high level weapons and locking sever.
AQ Epic  Post #: 15
10/23/2012 0:40:15   
kittycat

Players expect luck to happen solely for their own benefit, and dreads the opposite.
AQ MQ  Post #: 16
10/23/2012 0:40:24   
Blaze The Aion Ender

If I get hit by a crit, I'll just sit back and wait for the "it better damn-well happen" luck in my favour
I remember I was fighting mamaril the other day, he beat me before, and this round, with my defense and resistance being higher than his, I bocked him
I he was at 22 hp, and I had my gun
I got deflected for 18 damage, then lost
I was about to freak out, then calmed down, and watched as I fell down
I do rage at people, but sometimes it is luck, pure luck
It usually evens out, whether you have high stats or not
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 17
10/23/2012 4:13:31   
arthropleura

Does it even matter? It doesnt matter how you do it, you won. the only part that gets to me is that you let him get to you. embraces luck , that was what supp is all about isnt it?
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 18
10/23/2012 5:05:14   
Drianx

Welcome to EpicDuel, Mother1.
AQW Epic  Post #: 19
10/23/2012 5:55:44   
Darkwing

ED if full of that kind of players. I even have lvl 35s that call me noob if I heal or use a shield.

< Message edited by Darkwing -- 10/23/2012 5:56:03 >
Post #: 20
10/23/2012 7:50:44   
Fay Beeee

H Mother1

Unfortunately this happens a lot. In my opinion the players that do it are either

(1) VERY bad sportsmen / women
(2) Very young.
(3) OR just plain pig ignorant (sorry pigs)

May be they are like this in real life also? Or repressed and use the game to unload (Not in a good way)

Sportsmanship (in my opinion) is like manners - Can be learned AND used quite easily
BUT If their nasty side is stronger than their nice side all that spouts out is trash.

So ignore. :) Just say "Thank you for letting me know. :D "

If you disagree with my point of view, np we all have our views.
If you wish to troll or flame me. Do it in pms.

Have fun and stay safe

Fay (Buzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz)

Epic  Post #: 21
10/23/2012 10:23:30   
ambien

l found out most players that are rude are either young kids or players that are tired of getting beat alot so l dnt talk to them at all let them have their 2 cents worth of crying or talking
no big deal to me no more . one thing l have said when it really gets bad is ( go lay by your dish ) some ppl will understand this saying but remb one thing this is a game

always the syfy
Post #: 22
10/23/2012 17:26:37   
rej

Well, since he beat you three times, he probably started thinking of you as an inferior player. So when you finally DID beat him, he felt like he was getting an undeserved lose. Naturally he got angry about that.

On the other hand, 3/4 wins is pretty good considering luck factors, and considering he was probably using a build where luck was a common factor against him.

It is difficult to enjoy your cake when your pants are on fire.
~Dragon of Time
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 23
10/23/2012 19:31:35   
  Exploding Penguin

Don't worry about it personally too much, it often happens in to me too. Sometimes when I'm testing out builds people say it's terrible, and I simply reply I was experimenting, and then for some reason they feel it's necessary that they taunt you and look down upon you for their own pleasure, typically also being a hypocrite in the process.

I'd have to agree with Fay Beeee on this; I'd have to disagree with people who say to get over it or to say to deal with it because "it's a game." That entire concept is just ridiculous, saying to deal with it just because it's a game. Having people apprehended for poor virtous behavior on games actually can reflect their real life and make them a better person. Of course, we all are quite knowledgable that those people either are immature, have to let their anger out and don't know how, or any other numerous amount of problems. Although I'd suggest just ignoring out or looking through it at a positive way, I don't want to encourage the mentality that you have to deal with such behavior because it's on the internet or something.

In my opinion, ED should have a seperate special category in the report section for people who just have poor sportsmanship like such, although I guess it could be put under harrassment. Being a poor sport and hurting others' feelings can not only ruin the offender's own life by not showing that such actions are not okay, but it also can discourage new players, and possibly a few older ones too, dragging them away from playing ED.

Of course, this is just my speculation on things. It's not necessarily "correct," it's just what I'm suggesting.
Epic  Post #: 24
10/24/2012 8:17:57   
RageSoul

quote:

Lolz. It means newbie, so really, lvl 25+ or anyone who knows what theyre doing shouldn't be called a noob.

Actually , it means unexperienced , hence why it's irritating ( even though you're not , your still getting called by that especially if they get super lucky ) .

On topic :
Yeah , i remember those times when people score a crit or 2 or at least 1 deflect ( even though i had a lot of TECH ) , they would still call me noob , especially those build-copying players that were either more noober than me or just plain lucky . It's irritating , but i rather not let that get in my way for fun . And yes , sportsmanship nowdays is kinda considered a "myth".

< Message edited by Lord Aegis -- 10/24/2012 8:18:35 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 25
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> Poor sportsmen ship
Page 1 of 212>
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition