Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: Chairman special OP

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Balance >> RE: Chairman special OP
Page 2 of 3<123>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
11/24/2012 15:47:20   
TRizZzCENTRINO

i got platinum' pride because it has a reliable physical attack, and if nerfed to 80%-60% it would be useless against those defence tanks. would be a waste of money if it was nerfed anymore. first it works great when it was based on primary damage type, then they changed it to physical only which was a nerf for me

< Message edited by TRizZzCENTRINO -- 11/24/2012 15:49:57 >
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 26
11/25/2012 0:19:12   
Metallico

Platinum pride is overpowered for the strenght abusers, 80% of 100% varium players with strenght builds have it...

In that case it is overpowered and more when they use it in rage it becomes in a safe kill for them...

My suggestion: Make it unusable for rage and reduce the damage to 80/90% of the primary damage

Seems fair for me ¿what do you think guys?
Epic  Post #: 27
11/25/2012 1:31:48   
King FrostLich

Make it deal 75% of primary damage and steal 20% of rage. 25% seems a bit too much to be honest.
Epic  Post #: 28
11/25/2012 1:37:06   
TRizZzCENTRINO

from what i see, only those that havnt got the platinum's pride armor wants it nerfed.
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 29
11/25/2012 1:45:02   
Metallico

is not really relevant if we have it or not we just want balance
Epic  Post #: 30
11/25/2012 1:47:06   
Mother1

@ King

The people who brought the promo paid for an armor with the ability to steal 25% rage. nerfing that would be ripping off those who brought the promo

@ Trizzz

Mysterion has the platinum pride and he felt it needed a nerf. But still as I stated it is more of the fact that it is giving strength builds an extra free attack that is what is upsetting everyone.

@ Metallico

So just becauae one build is abusing it all the builds have to suffer for it? That doesn't sound like balance to me. As i stated before the only reason people are complaining is because it gives strength builds a powerful free hit (Oh wait strength itself is OP)

From what I read and heard from mods the staff is already on taking care of the Strength build problem so there is no need to nerf this armor because one build is abusing it.

Plus as I stated before if you nerf the rage steal or the unblockable hit those who brought the armor weather it be in game or promo won't be getting what they paid for which wouldn't be fair to those who brought the armor.

< Message edited by Mother1 -- 11/25/2012 1:53:16 >
Epic  Post #: 31
11/25/2012 1:53:06   
TRizZzCENTRINO

@mother1 they need to nerf strength and not the armor, if they nerf it they would hurt non strength builds.
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 32
11/25/2012 2:03:49   
King FrostLich

quote:

to steal 25% rage. nerfing that would be ripping off those who brought the promo

25% is 1/4th of a match if you have strong hitting power. 20% would only be 1/5th of a match so either way, it's like getting surgical strike's half power.
Epic  Post #: 33
11/25/2012 2:07:33   
Mother1

@ King

The point I was making is that it was advertised when people brought it that it would steal 25% rage. And you know the saying you get what you paid for. weakening the rage steal would be cheating those players who brought the promo.

Also surgical strike takes half of the opponents rage away. the way it is now it does half of the surgical strikes rage steal. Your suggestion would only make it do 40% of that.
Epic  Post #: 34
11/25/2012 2:11:49   
King FrostLich

What about those who got the infernal promo weapons and the infernal bot itself? They also got nerfed from ignoring 75% of defense to 65% while Infernal bot caps from 150% to 140%. Still, it's a powerful weapon to be used and chairman should get a nerf for it's use.
Epic  Post #: 35
11/25/2012 2:21:12   
TRizZzCENTRINO

because the infernal promo just stated that you will do more damage when you crit, it didnt show the exact % so its not much of a problem to nerf.
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 36
11/25/2012 2:28:16   
Crimson Eagle

If people want it nerfed (Not me)
How does this sound:

75% Primary Damage
30% Rage Steal

If you want to nerf the damage it does, well you have to repay that by giving 5% more rage steal...
I don't mind if you don't agree with it (Please don't flame me)
In the first place, I don't even want it nerfed, I'm just trying to think of something negotiable.
~Cleany
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 37
11/25/2012 2:33:12   
TRizZzCENTRINO

@cleany you should raise the bar, 80% damage 45% rage steal
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 38
11/25/2012 2:34:56   
Mother1

@ King

Even people who brought these promos complained that they were two powerful. They knew that when they crit it was extremely OP and this was with all builds since it would affact all attacks. So add that plus the people who brought the promo themselves complaining that nerf is justified.

However with the platinum pride guess who is abusing it? Strength builds which we all know is OP. That is the main reason why this was brought up about the armor special being OP since strength builds are abusing it.

Plus other then mysterion who owns the armor everyone in this thread who has complained about it doesn't even have the armor. I could understand it was the ability itself with all builds, however nerfing something just because one build is abusing it isn't fair to the other builds using it. Even if the damage is nerfed strength builds will still benefit from it the most since they will get the 25% of the opponent's rage and the most damage.

The issue with this armor is the strength builds abusing it. So wouldn't make sense just to nerf strength to that those who are abusing it will be brought down to a more balance level then nerfing the armor itself and leaving the real problem unchecked?
Epic  Post #: 39
11/26/2012 1:03:22   
ReconnaisX

Would it be nerfing if you put the Pride's str stats in Support? :P
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 40
11/26/2012 1:13:54   
Mother1

@ reconnaisX

Not really in fact I would be happy if they did this. Armor is suppose to protect you not power you up offensively and this armor is for strength builds (which are right now OP)

However this isn't really messing with the ability of the armor so as I said not really it isn't a nerf.
Epic  Post #: 41
11/26/2012 1:20:05   
ReconnaisX

But seriously, though, since the special already can steal rage, make it blockable. It's only logical.
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 42
11/26/2012 1:39:31   
Mother1

@ reconnailsx

Then the people who brought the promo would be getting ripped off. It was advertised as an unblockable uppercut that steal rage. Plus even if it wasn't this for it to be one time use and to be blocked would be even worse then when the baby yeti's special was blockable since with the baby yeti you could use the special until it connected where as this if it fails it is gone and a waste.

It would be in the words of rabble "Leaving a tactical decision up to chance" if the uppercut was made blockable and would be making it luck based and last i checked a lot of people want luck removed from the game or limited as much as possible and this would only be doing that.

< Message edited by Mother1 -- 11/26/2012 1:40:36 >
Epic  Post #: 43
11/26/2012 2:09:18   
TRizZzCENTRINO

as mother1 stated, it will rip people off, some of us spent $50 on the package to get this armor. and we will need a refund if this armor was nerfed or changed further.
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 44
11/26/2012 14:56:24   
Rayman
Banned

^
Rage steal can stay at 25% But make it deal 70-75% DMG.
AQW Epic  Post #: 45
11/26/2012 15:11:17   
Mother1

@ rayman

As much as you can suggest this idea it is up to the developers to make it a reality.
Epic  Post #: 46
11/26/2012 17:25:35   
TRizZzCENTRINO

@rayman if the damage is decreased to 70-75% you will need to fill up the gap with 35% rage steal.
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 47
11/27/2012 14:39:11   
Rayman
Banned

^
Nope I don't 25% Is fine. And also im sure that you gain rage too and thats enought.
AQW Epic  Post #: 48
11/28/2012 23:45:42   
Vegafire

Yeh i would say not making it unblockable would be fair but reducing the damage to normal damage with the rage stealing ability still in tact or keeping the + on damage but removing the rage stealing ability either way people cant complain as its still a free (unblockable) hit that will either potentially stop you apponement from raging or do massive damage
AQW Epic  Post #: 49
11/28/2012 23:58:21   
Mother1

@ Deathshadowslayer

It has been said quite a few times that if you make the attack blockable, or remove the rage stealing ability the player who brought the armor would want a refund. They paid for the armor to have an unblockable 25% rage stealing ability and thanks to one OP build everyone want it nerfed.

It would be fair to anyone who brought the promo, or even the ingame version since they won't be getting what they paid for. Now if people who actually owned the promo complained about it like they did with the II since it made all build OP I can understand, however so far the vast majority of people who want it nerfed don't even own the armor. It isn't fair in the least to those of us who brought the promo or the armor especially if it is people who don't even own the armor complaining about it.

Also since it is a strength problem (since that was the main reason the OP was complaining) why not just nerf strength itself instead of the armor. If you nerf the armor it will hurt all builds using it while strength builds will still get the most out of it then other builds. however if you nerf strength itself then the armor's attack will be brought down a few pegs without hurting everyone else using the armor.
Epic  Post #: 50
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Balance >> RE: Chairman special OP
Page 2 of 3<123>
Jump to:

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition