Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

=ED= December 6, 2012 - Omega Marathon

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> =ED= December 6, 2012 - Omega Marathon
Page 1 of 712345>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
12/6/2012 15:58:54   
zion

quote:

December 06, 2012
Omega Marathon

Now it can be told: the official release date for Omega is December 14th! Of course, we can't confirm what time exactly, but we will do our absolute best to get this epic release to you in a stable, tested condition! To satisfy your curiousity on some of Omega's amazing features, enjoy this new Design Notes as we continue the Omega marathon!

Changes to NPCs

Today we wanted to go over some changes to how NPC fights will work in Omega. We want NPCs to fill the purposes of:
    1) training or testing builds

2) gaining credits

3) furthering missions and the storyline
They currently fill some other purposes that we want to move away from, including padding battle records, faction farming, and leveling.

Some of the changes are as follows:
  • NPC fights no longer count towards your battle record. We want the Leaderboards and your battle record to clearly reflect your PvP accomplishments instead of forcing players to farm NPCs to pad their win rates.
  • You can now fight NPCs an unlimited number of times.
  • NPCs will not give experience after level 5. This will allow new players to be eased into the battle system, but afterwards we want the focus to be on PvP. This also allows leveling players to get credits without continuing to level if they feel like they are falling behind.
  • NPCs will no longer give Battle Tokens or Influence. Since you can fight them without limit, we don’t want factions or players to farm them for Tokens or Influence. Again, we want the focus here to be on PvP.
  • NPCs will not give rewards if you lose. We don’t want people to purposely lose to NPCs over and over, so you will need to win to get Credits or other rewards.
  • Brainwashing is removed since it is no longer necessary.

Enhancements

We know there are still many questions about what we’re doing with Enhancements, but we’re not quite ready to talk about this in-depth yet. We will say now that the new system will allow for much greater customization than before, and will involve equipping passive effects and active abilities to your weapons.

Additionally, we will be providing compensation for those that have enhanced weapons in the current system. We’ll provide more specifics soon.

Omega Obliteration!

We would like to kick off our new development phase with not one, but TWO promotional packages. These designs were inspired by devoted EpicDuel player and aspiring artist TrizzzCentrino! You can choose from the Omega Obliteror set, which features an energy sword plus a mutating weapon!

OR if physical damage is more your thing, you may select the Omega Onslaughter!

All of these weapons will offer 2 new weapon skills (one active, one passive) to give you an edge in Omega. We will explain what these skills are and what they do as soon as we finalize the details!

Speaking of promotions: Check out Heromart's Coming Soon page for details on the upcoming "Are You Yeti" shirt! This epic garment will come with not one, but TWO yetis for you to play with for the upcoming release!

The Frozen North

Alydriah has been up to no good in her captured territory. However, there is one bastion of hope in this shattered land:

Titan stands watch from his mountain lair in Frysteland. Many displaced Krampus have taken shelter at the foot of this mountain fortress, seeking some respite from constant harassment from Legion troops. Alydriah is smart enough to steer clear of this mysterious refuge, but not so fearful that she wouldn't taunt the gods of Delta V through more indirect means. What new cybernetic terrors has Alydriah created in during the Legion's occupation of this region? Would Alydriah burn Frysteland to the ground just to annoy Titan? How many cheeseburgers do you think Titan has hidden up there?

I guess you'll have to login to find out!

Easy on the Eyes

As we mentioned earlier, the early game experience is getting a drastic overhaul, starting with the login and class selection screens. We will also be refreshing the look of the base armors and styles to reflect this graphical overhaul. This might not be tremendously exciting to our veteran players, but it will make EpicDuel 1000% more appealing to new players, expanding the total number of active players, which means more opponents for you!

WHY NO UPDATE?!

With all the changes to the database structure and game code, we literally cannot release before it's ready. Also, preparing a weekly release would divert time away from development on Omega, and we cannot spare a second at this point!

On that note -- Code Sorcerer, away!

Tags: Titan promotions Omega Frysteland Winter Obliterator Onslaughter Yeti HeroMart Shirt Enhancements Stats code TRizZzCENTRINO Update Holiday Seasons Epic Skills Weapons alydriah
Tagged and formatted. ~Mecha

< Message edited by Mecha Mario -- 12/6/2012 17:37:54 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 1
12/6/2012 16:05:05   
Mother1

I have mixed feelings about this.

For one I am happy that there is no more NPC fighting for easy wins since it helps keep the LB clean and make it more fair for other factions. I am also happy that now you can do NPC without fear of losses and you can farm them for credits so you can keep up with changes.

However I am not happy with the new ability to paste abilities on every single weapon. It is not only taking a turn for turn ED into a dress up game (since stats can be rearanged and now abilities) But it will cause mass confusion as well. I remember some people saying no to blocking the view of builds because it would be like fighting blind. Well thanks to this new feature of swapping abilities from one item to another, it will do just that. Someone could come up with a basic club, crit you and send you flying like if it was massive strike.

It also makes promo's seem all but lose their value as well.
Epic  Post #: 2
12/6/2012 16:08:20   
MirageD

i agree mother...i'm a little nervous about this release

~mira
AQW Epic  Post #: 3
12/6/2012 16:10:38   
Oba

quote:

NPC fights no longer count towards your battle record. We want the Leaderboards and your battle record to clearly reflect your PvP accomplishments instead of forcing players to farm NPCs to pad their win rates.

I absolutely love this! Bai bai NPC'ing n00bs..

quote:

equipping passive effects and active abilities to your weapons.

This also sounds perfect!

< Message edited by Oba -- 12/6/2012 16:13:45 >
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 4
12/6/2012 16:11:59   
Stabilis

9.99/10 concept.
AQ Epic  Post #: 5
12/6/2012 16:32:27   
kverma18

quote:

NPC fights no longer count towards your battle record. We want the Leaderboards and your battle record to clearly reflect your PvP accomplishments instead of forcing players to farm NPCs to pad their win rates. NPC fights no longer count towards your battle record.

All i'm going to say is wow.. You just ruined half of the game.. Npcs were really important and useful to 1vs1 players and all have a chance to npc so its not unfair to anyone. And to clearly reflect there PvP accomplishments shouldn't mean taking away npcs.. make the limit lower or something, you cant just go ahead and take npcs its been part of the game for a very long time, this is like taking 2vs2 or juggernaut away. And we paid for this game when we paid, we paid for npc's as part of the game.. Something else you can do other than taking away npcs, is lower the limit guys.. well ty I hope you guys understand
Post #: 6
12/6/2012 16:33:12   
Vypie

The new NPC changes are most welcome. I have never farmed an NPC to level or gain credits, except to get achievements, drops, doing missions, events, etc.

I wish for the records to truly reflect player pvp experience.

About the specials on weapons, I agree with adding passive/active effects to them. Some weapons should still have a unique skill to them, though (Visually matching the theme and concept of the weapon itself)! Now... this skill can be left as it it, or be rewritten to have another skill instead. Removing this skill would restore the weapon to it's original skill.

Promos would feature these unique skills.

< Message edited by Vypie -- 12/6/2012 16:34:58 >
Epic  Post #: 7
12/6/2012 16:35:39   
  Digital X

Beep Beep! ArchKnight AQ / ED

Now what to include with Celtic Cleaver.. ?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 8
12/6/2012 16:39:56   
legion of souls

2 different promos? Nice, but as stated my Mother1, therer is this voice deep down thats making me nervous about this release.

AQW Epic  Post #: 9
12/6/2012 16:39:56   
Unknown Menace

NPC's not counting towards battle record agreed 100% but not dropping tokens and influence.. imagine people that fought snork 500 times with this system that is a big number of tokens they had to hand in. Rather limited with benefits than unlimited with no benefits, even tho i understand it's supposed to be all about pvp. This infects a valuable token source, unless daily missions will kick in and replace it this doesn't look to rosy.

Titan gets his well deserved castle, plus
Looks like a new boss judging from the image, plus.
Upgraded visuals (and animations) base classes reflecting new players first game interaction judgement, plus plus plus.

Looking good.
Edit typo's

@mother1
my mistake misread the credits part but tokens are more of my concern.

< Message edited by Unknown Menace -- 12/6/2012 16:47:31 >
Epic  Post #: 10
12/6/2012 16:45:04   
Mother1

@ unknown

you will still get credits no matter what. It is influence and battle token not being gained anymore.
Epic  Post #: 11
12/6/2012 16:48:38   
  Stephen Nix
Penguin Lore Keeper (DF)

Couple of things, like everyone has stated in this thread I too think this change could either...make or break the game entirely for me.....

Another thing, so once again no release this week is that what I'm gathering from this DN?

AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 12
12/6/2012 16:50:21   
The Astral Fury

So I have fully enchanced 5 items in my inventory and I know I'll be compensated for that, but what about the weaponds that I have sold that have been fully enchanced too, do I get compensated for those?

CAN ANYONE ANSWER MY QUESTION???????????????????????????

< Message edited by dragonman111 -- 12/6/2012 17:00:15 >
DF AQW  Post #: 13
12/6/2012 16:57:32   
goldslayer1

@mother
and the wins.

anyways, this just puts ED in the place where they either do really good or really horrible.
AQW Epic  Post #: 14
12/6/2012 17:03:03   
The Astral Fury

Can anyone answer my question at the top please?
DF AQW  Post #: 15
12/6/2012 17:07:03   
Mother1

The unlimited credit farming is also good for those who end up getting hacked. They can farm all the credits they need without having to worry about destroying their battle records as well. But I am glad they didn't decide to play dress up with the bot's abilities. That would have been an absolute worse nightmare then this dress up with item specials.
Epic  Post #: 16
12/6/2012 17:10:09   
The Astral Fury

Will I get refunded for a items I enchanced that I sold in the past?
DF AQW  Post #: 17
12/6/2012 17:12:35   
Unknown Menace

@dragonman

Most likely you will not get compensated for stuff you have already sold. It's like asking for a refund which is a absolute no.
Epic  Post #: 18
12/6/2012 17:19:54   
The Astral Fury

But they ARE giving us a refund so how can you say there not, your statment makes no sense they just told us we'd be compensated for the items we've enchanced.
DF AQW  Post #: 19
12/6/2012 17:37:06   
DanniiBoiixD

You bought enhancements for an advantage...an advantage of stats for a win. You got your wins already, so personally I think you people should get nothing for buying enhancements.

Just my personal opinion.
AQW Epic  Post #: 20
12/6/2012 17:40:03   
STRUT MY MUTT

How would you get a refund on something already sold. You've already been compensated.

Post #: 21
12/6/2012 17:41:51   
Lord Machaar

quote:

Some of the changes are as follows:

NPC fights no longer count towards your battle record. We want the Leaderboards and your battle record to clearly reflect your PvP accomplishments instead of forcing players to farm NPCs to pad their win rates.
You can now fight NPCs an unlimited number of times.
NPCs will not give experience after level 5. This will allow new players to be eased into the battle system, but afterwards we want the focus to be on PvP. This also allows leveling players to get credits without continuing to level if they feel like they are falling behind.
NPCs will no longer give Battle Tokens or Influence. Since you can fight them without limit, we don’t want factions or players to farm them for Tokens or Influence. Again, we want the focus here to be on PvP.
NPCs will not give rewards if you lose. We don’t want people to purposely lose to NPCs over and over, so you will need to win to get Credits or other rewards.
Brainwashing is removed since it is no longer necessary.

These are very very very dangerouse changes, because if you can't make a good PVP environement to play in, NPCs buddais will leave, and the amount of opponents will go down down down, so you better have prepared a very balanced PVP environement, to contain all players from all degrees.
MQ Epic  Post #: 22
12/6/2012 17:43:33   
upgradefire

just to be clear there isnt going to be one promo that has both sets in the same package just 2 separate ones
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 23
12/6/2012 17:50:32   
Clutch

In my opinion, this is the greatest update of all time. NPC's counting towards the win records was ridiculous. The win record should reflect your WINS, not how many times you could beat up a computer. Now we'll get to see who really has that 95% win record after this and really see true skill emerge. To those worried about OP and balance, I'm going to say an old quote from of an old friend that's more relevant than ever before, "Evolve or die". I'm personally looking forward to the challenge and look forward to seeing a lot more of you on the battlefield.

-Clutch
AQ Epic  Post #: 24
12/6/2012 17:51:34   
The Astral Fury

But if you sell a fully enchanced item you might only get 300 varuim back and that's like for 70% of the weapond not the enchaments as a posed to 1700 as a refund. And it's not about if we should or should not get compensated they said we'd get a refund read it if you didn't can a staff member answer my question, jeez, you guys are acting like they didn't say they refund us they said it in the forums so we will, I'm just asking if I get refunded for the enchanments items I've sold.

< Message edited by dragonman111 -- 12/6/2012 17:53:47 >
DF AQW  Post #: 25
Page:   [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> =ED= December 6, 2012 - Omega Marathon
Page 1 of 712345>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition