Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: Omega Marathon

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: Omega Marathon
Page 2 of 7«<12345>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
12/6/2012 18:22:13   
Vypie

While we may no longer gain tokens or influence, it's a sacrifice for something better as a whole. Plus, credit farming will be so easy now...
But still, I am concerned about the tokens themselves.

Fighting NPCs for reasons more than credits, such as in missions, events, wars, while giving NO tokens for the time spent... it is a bit bad... Maybe they could still drop tokens, but as a 40% drop chance, or something.

< Message edited by Vypie -- 12/6/2012 18:32:10 >
Epic  Post #: 26
12/6/2012 18:22:38   
kosmo

Why shuld you get refounded for something u propously sold????
Epic  Post #: 27
12/6/2012 18:28:28   
VIX

I totaly love this Omega phase! it's fair and really awesome job from devs! they finaly found a way to make people more happy :D! Good job.

if refunding is true! then i definitely I agree with Dragonman111,

People should get full refund.

Even if we sold half of our weapons we should still get the enhancements refund!

AE Help team\Devs have database of all our currently weapons and the weapons we've sold and enhance and everything.

i bet it would be easy to refund all our variums that we've spent on weapons " Enhancements".

People who spent tons of money since 1-2-3 years ago on enhancements! should definitely get refund cuz ED is becoming better and better and weapons stats \ lvl , and your character lvl is raising each year and ur old weapons are becoming old and old everytime u lvl up and every new promo \ new weapons that are new and better stats \ lvl u wouldn't need to use ur old weapons that was enhanced so u prefere selling them instead of wasting ur inventory spots , people would never think that ED will refund ur weapons enhacements 1 day cuz it's giving variums back meaning our Money that we have spent on those old weapons are also back to get with them much better items!

well that's my opinion! im still enjoying omega! perfect phase!

~VIX

< Message edited by VIX -- 12/6/2012 18:39:45 >
Epic  Post #: 28
12/6/2012 18:30:18   
The Astral Fury

Wait so if I have 5 fully enchanced items and paided to enchemnce them with varuim will i get all the varuim I spent on them?
DF AQW  Post #: 29
12/6/2012 18:31:21   
D.v.D.

Dear Dev,
Will we have a win rate of about 50 %?
AQ Epic  Post #: 30
12/6/2012 18:35:30   
DestruRaGe

quote:

NPC fights no longer count towards your battle record. We want the Leaderboards and your battle record to clearly reflect your PvP accomplishments instead of forcing players to farm NPCs to pad their win rates.

You should've implement this ages ago.

quote:

NPCs will no longer give Battle Tokens or Influence. Since you can fight them without limit, we don’t want factions or players to farm them for Tokens or Influence. Again, we want the focus here to be on PvP.

Now thats really great. More ppl to fight in pvp and less waiting for match to start.

Also when will xmas weapons come out? With Omega release or after?
Epic  Post #: 31
12/6/2012 18:40:58   
Vypie

About the enhancements refund, no not expect a refund for sold weapons in the past. You should probably just accept that now and fast, than getting disappointed when omega comes.

Those enhancements you had gave you power advantage, and they were used for a purpose which they fulfilled 100%. And why getting a refund on items of the same Type? A bazooka with enhancements you had in the past will be equal to a Bazooka with enhancements you have now.
They wont give varium back as a refund. They will most likely make your weapons already enhanced somehow, on the new system.

For the same reason that I wont get a refund for that COOL low level weapon I wish i had saved in my inventory (to upgrade it in omega), you wont get a refund for things already sold.
You dont even get refunds for Varium weapons that got outdated/weak.
You are basically saying: "I spent varium on things that I didn't need anymore, so I sold them. Now I want a REFUND because they are no use to me now!"

< Message edited by Vypie -- 12/6/2012 18:42:11 >
Epic  Post #: 32
12/6/2012 18:45:42   
King FrostLich

quote:

will involve equipping passive effects and active abilities to your weapons.

This spells doom excitement for us all.

quote:

NPC fights no longer count towards your battle record. We want the Leaderboards and your battle record to clearly reflect your PvP accomplishments instead of forcing players to farm NPCs to pad their win rates.
You can now fight NPCs an unlimited number of times.
NPCs will not give experience after level 5. This will allow new players to be eased into the battle system, but afterwards we want the focus to be on PvP. This also allows leveling players to get credits without continuing to level if they feel like they are falling behind.
NPCs will no longer give Battle Tokens or Influence. Since you can fight them without limit, we don’t want factions or players to farm them for Tokens or Influence. Again, we want the focus here to be on PvP.
NPCs will not give rewards if you lose. We don’t want people to purposely lose to NPCs over and over, so you will need to win to get Credits or other rewards.
Brainwashing is removed since it is no longer necessary.

At least you didn't remove the credit part. That means EASY credits.
Epic  Post #: 33
12/6/2012 18:48:49   
The Astral Fury

They said they would refund or compensate for our enchanents spent, so if you haven't read the whole DN's then I suguest you read it. They said we would be refunded for them clear and simple, how are you argueing this, it's right there on the DN's so I don't know what logic your using.

Let me say this one more time, no matter what you think, or what's your opnion about us getting refunded on enchanments, we are getting one whether you like it or not, they said it right there on the dn's we are getting a refund and i suguest you accept it.

I've changed some the content in this thread to lowercase format, as all-caps wording is considered as spam. Please avoid doing such again in the future. For more information, please read the =AE= Comprehensive Forum Rules > Posting Behavior > Do Not Spam. ~eVentus

< Message edited by Eventus -- 12/8/2012 6:17:59 >
DF AQW  Post #: 34
12/6/2012 19:11:44   
  Nightwraith

Nowhere in the design notes does it say anything about what we will or won't do with regards to existing enhancements. As soon as we've finalized our plan, we will post it and let your feedback direct any changes. That said, it's very unlikely we would issue refunds for enhancements on weapons that have already been sold.

As for the equippable skills -- some skills and weapons will be permanently linked. This will allow certain rares and ultra rares to maintain their identities.
Post #: 35
12/6/2012 19:15:05   
Xendran

This is looking to be literally the perfect update.
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 36
12/6/2012 19:18:29   
King FrostLich

If they were seeking compensation, 1500 varium is the best refund IF it were to be finalized.
Epic  Post #: 37
12/6/2012 19:20:36   
Vypie

Im sorry, I think you misunderstood my post, dragonman111.
I suggest you to re-read my post, so you can still edit that rage burst out, which is only making you embarrassing.

I was talking about enhancements bought in the past, not your current ones. I always read the design notes religiously, and also, I dont miss a thing going on in the game.
Refund for sold stuff is a big no, common sense speaking here, not opinions.
If people got a refund for every enhancement they bought in the past, then why not refund every single weapon sold before? I'm sure many would still want them back for omega customization. But now they don't have the weapons anymore. Should they all be refunded? No, it probably wont happen. (As Nighty said as well)

@Nightwraith
By the way, Nightwraith, what about if we really like the look of Delta armour, for example, but you want another skill? Being able to overwrite the skill to a new one would be very good! And if removed, the skill would naturally revert back to the original one.

< Message edited by Vypie -- 12/6/2012 19:24:47 >
Epic  Post #: 38
12/6/2012 19:29:06   
The Astral Fury

Vypie I apology indeed I was being imature sorry about me raging. Thank you NW, but will it be a full refund for all of your current enchanced items you have, or will you just give like 50% or something like that back?

< Message edited by dragonman111 -- 12/6/2012 19:31:19 >
DF AQW  Post #: 39
12/6/2012 19:34:18   
Vypie

No problem, I just wanted to prevent players to get their hopes up, to end up disappointed. There WILL be something for players with enhancements in weapons, for sure. It may not be in the design notes, but Titan said on twitter that players with enhances will be taken in consideration!

Maybe not a LITERAL refund, though. Most likely your weapons will be benefiting from the new enhancement system, by being already upgraded, or something similar.

< Message edited by Vypie -- 12/6/2012 19:36:33 >
Epic  Post #: 40
12/6/2012 20:00:31   
UnderSoul

Congrats Trizz
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 41
12/6/2012 20:44:18   
Jekyll

I hope the devs give a varium/credit refund for those who enhanced their weapons. I bought enhancements and might not want the new feature. Simply put, i bought X but it is now changed to Y. I may not want Y as much as I want X. Hence, a refund might be ideal .
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 42
12/6/2012 20:53:24   
  Exploding Penguin

refunds could definitely be particularly beneficial... What stinks though is all of those items I max enhanced and sold because of the fact that they got extremely outdated D:
I feel that refunds would definitely be ideal for some people, but it'd be like, what? Tens of thousands of varium refunds for those veteran players who have pretty much every promo max enhanced. I'd definitely enjoy this, but I feel some other people might feel cheated/ varium players are getting way too much compensation (pointed toward credit players and those who sold lots of enhanced stuff)
Epic  Post #: 43
12/6/2012 20:58:49   
Jekyll

quote:

You bought enhancements for an advantage...an advantage of stats for a win. You got your wins already, so personally I think you people should get nothing for buying enhancements.

Just my personal opinion.

Ah, sweeping statement. Have you considered about differentiating people who have enhanced the Celtic Cleaver 2 years ago and people who recently enhanced the Harvest weapons a couple of weeks back? It can be said that the first person has used the enhancements well to his advantage while the second has not had the chance to do so. I think a refund/make-up would only be fair.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 44
12/6/2012 21:03:02   
T.600

quote:

Ah, sweeping statement. Have you considered about differentiating people who have enhanced the Celtic Cleaver 2 years ago and people who recently enhanced the Harvest weapons a couple of weeks back? It can be said that the first person has used the enhancements well to his advantage while the second has not had the chance to do so. I think a refund/make-up would only be fair.

When we bought enhancements, we didn't buy them knowing that they would be removed. Therefore, for this sudden alteration, compensation is required, and the reason for it is to ensure that the customers are happy. I am glad that they are doing this, because it has certainly rendered me content, but still, it depends on what they give us.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 45
12/6/2012 21:06:05   
ND Mallet
Legendary AK!!!

No more losing to NPCs? I need to hurry. D:
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 46
12/6/2012 21:06:21   
goldslayer1

quote:

At least you didn't remove the credit part. That means EASY credits.

it should be increase credits.
32 credits a match vs an NPC = waste of time when u can get that same amount vs players along with wins, tokens and influence.
so NPCs should get increase credits if its gonna be this way. like maybe 50 credits an NPC.
AQW Epic  Post #: 47
12/6/2012 21:12:25   
xxmirxx

quote:

You can now fight NPCs an unlimited number of times.
NPCs will not give experience after level 5. This will allow new players to be eased into the battle system, but afterwards we want the focus to be on PvP. This also allows leveling players to get credits without continuing to level if they feel like they are falling behind.
NPCs will not give rewards if you lose. We don’t want people to purposely lose to NPCs over and over, so you will need to win to get Credits or other rewards.
Brainwashing is removed since it is no longer necessary.

this is dumb one thing was keeping from playing ed was this and doing 1vs1 after this you will hear alot of people thinking this is dumb.
AQ Epic  Post #: 48
12/6/2012 21:35:20   
goldslayer1

@mir
:O long time man

u coming back to ED?
AQW Epic  Post #: 49
12/6/2012 21:59:57   
  Exploding Penguin

@ND Mallet: Wow, that's hilarious. An character which you plan to level to 35 just off of NPC losses? The idea never even crossed my mind of trying something like that o.o
Epic  Post #: 50
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: Omega Marathon
Page 2 of 7«<12345>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition