Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =OS= Character Suggestion Discussion Thread

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [Oversoul] >> Oversoul General Discussion >> RE: =OS= Character Suggestion Discussion Thread
Page 19 of 29«<1718192021>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
8/30/2013 20:13:47   
Redingard

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Art by DeathGuard, idea and story by me.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 451
9/1/2013 0:27:56   
Asuka
AQW Designer of All Things

@Redingard

The story is consistant. The art is nice, but not catching my eye much.
I liked the story though. But Chaos seemed....Too friendly in your story.
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 452
9/1/2013 0:31:39   
Redingard

@Asuka

I would have made him out to be a cruel character, but I couldn't find a good way to do it. Not without interrupting the flow of the story. Dedicating an entire paragraph to him would seem out of place. I could try to brush him up for the next contest, but at this point, it's too late. But you are right; he should have been a somewhat off-putting guy. Thanks, I'll be sure to get on that.

@below

Definitely. Beck will definitely make it to the polls; I'm still wondering how it'd be put in-game though. A dragon that has temples in its back is not going to be small. But still, it's quite the submission!

< Message edited by Redingard -- 9/1/2013 0:39:02 >
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 453
9/1/2013 0:34:05   
The Jop

Beck's dragon looks great and detailed; I think he has a good chance to make it to the voting phase and possibly win. Maybe it's not something you would normally expect in Oversoul and some of the details would be lost, but Beck definitely deserves it.

@Asuka
I liked your story, but I felt like it lacked a climax. I always expected something to happen but it was just a detailed story about a girl going through her day.

@Redingard
Interesting story, but I'm not really a fan of stories relying on gods and other beings whose abilities are almost limitless. Those kinds of stories feel way too over the top to me, so that I lose interest because there are really not many stakes when you can do almost anything. Sort of the reason I'm not a fan of things like Superman, who would have almost no one to stand in his way if he had no weaknesses.

< Message edited by The Jop -- 9/1/2013 0:44:27 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 454
9/1/2013 0:46:57   
Antithesis

Still hoping for some more story feedback, s'il vous plait~

http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1rm678j

@Redingard

Very well written. All I can say is I'll expect to see you in the finals.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 455
9/1/2013 0:49:23   
Redingard

@The Jop

Do you refer to Chaos, who is a plot device, or Cyrano? If you mean the first one, he shouldn't be that important to your opinion, but I could see why you wouldn't like it. If it's Cyrano, he's far from a god. But still, to each their own.

@Antithesis

Thanks. It really means a lot, but I doubt I'll make it. >w<
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 456
9/1/2013 0:50:38   
Cyber doom5

Ha I remember that guy redingard

You asked me to draw him awhile back
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 457
9/1/2013 0:52:31   
The Jop

@Red
I did mean Chaos, since I don't like gods being used as plot devices, but I do dislike having characters just be gods themselves more which were some of the entries. A good story all in all, it's just the way it was brought about that I disliked.

< Message edited by The Jop -- 9/1/2013 0:56:39 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 458
9/1/2013 0:54:50   
Redingard

@The Jop

I can see that. It could interfere with the over-arcing story to OS, but I don't know how to fix it. Not worth changing the whole story over. Thanks for the feedback, though!

@Cyber

Remaining on topic would be best, considering how that has to do with nothing.

@below

Steve is cute. Simplistic and the art is appealing. Deck is really over the top, though. Doesn't feel like it needs story.

< Message edited by Redingard -- 9/1/2013 0:57:41 >
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 459
9/1/2013 0:55:46   
Axel459
The Void Calls

Any thoughts on my little Chimera Moose? I'm thinking I should really add a story to why he's become what he is for the next contest.

P.S His real name is Steve
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 460
9/1/2013 0:57:24   
Antithesis

It's a silly little moose and I'm sure Mallet would love to see it in-game.

I think it's cute :) I, personally, like my dark spooky edgy characters, though.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 461
9/1/2013 0:58:35   
The Jop

@Axel
Steve is cute and would probably make Mallet happy, but could use a little backstory. I'm sure people will be happy with it in-game though.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 462
9/1/2013 0:59:53   
megakyle777

What do people think of my entries anyway?
DF  Post #: 463
9/1/2013 1:00:39   
Antithesis

I'll read yours if you read mine ;D
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 464
9/1/2013 1:00:52   
Redingard

@Megakyle

There a link, or did you post it in the suggestions already? Either way, I'll gladly look at it.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 465
9/1/2013 1:03:26   
The Jop

It's too late to change anything for the contest, but what do people think of Resonance?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 466
9/1/2013 1:05:29   
Antithesis

@Above

Same deal I gave Megakyle. I'm in dire need of feedback ;_; I thrive on it and haven't gotten much so far, so...
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 467
9/1/2013 1:07:39   
megakyle777

The link's in the last 2 pages. Also, I guess it only fair I give opinions on others. hang on a sec.

Chrimera Moose: Quite nice, and a good change from the bleak entries. My critique is that you do need to work on the drawing and coloring, especially when you look at the quality of other entries, but the idea itself is sound and it's been known for such sketched to be picked as a possible winner.

Asuka's entry: i like the difference between the bleak entries and this again. It just shows a person going though her day and I like that it has no grand calamity. We don't see that enough.

Antithesis: I'm not a fan of the ponytail, and I'm not sure that a claymore fits with a thin set of armor. Other that that I love it. The story is excellent and i can see this getting picked.

< Message edited by megakyle777 -- 9/1/2013 1:13:21 >
DF  Post #: 468
9/1/2013 1:08:09   
The Jop

@Red
I meant she would see Nulgath coming through the portal while she was in Solace, because she lives in the Oversoul dimension. If you didn't get that though, maybe it's a lost cause.

@below
Thanks.

< Message edited by The Jop -- 9/1/2013 1:12:07 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 469
9/1/2013 1:11:36   
Redingard

@The Jop

Whoops, I didn't see it. I guess I skipped over the second sentence, because you clearly stated it was indeed Solace. My bad.

In that case, it's decent Still has plenty of potential. I can't see it winning this contest, but you have a lot of room to improve with a cool idea like yours.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 470
9/1/2013 1:17:12   
Axel459
The Void Calls

@The Jop I feel it's kind of weird that no one believes her about the possibility of other universes when there are talking animals, undead, ogres, necromancers and other weird creatures already living in and around solace I mean with magic in their lore is it really that hard to believe?
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 471
9/1/2013 1:17:47   
Antithesis

@Megakyle;

Wow I appreciate that! Thank you :) I hope you're right, haha

Anyway, as for your entries;

I liked the style of the Dracopyre's entry, but it doesn't really give a whole lot of details. This can be either a bad or a good thing. I'm not sure which.

As for the Sneevil cavalry. Yes. Just yes please. Do want.
I guess my only input would be that you should at least include a "traditional suggestion format" version of your entries, so that it is easy for the layman to understand.

I'd like to see a team of gentlemen. Hehe.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 472
9/1/2013 1:20:12   
The Jop

@Axel
Keep in mind I was thinking of Oversoul's asylum soon to be released in the Grand Quest, the one where patients were horribly mistreated. You don't need so much of a valid reason to commit someone. It seems like I could have made some things clearer, but a lot of readers might not be aware of that asylum anyway.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 473
9/1/2013 1:29:22   
ND Mallet
Legendary AK!!!

Anyone want to critique Nedric? I hope if he wins that Nulgath can make one of the Legendary forms SGs and the other one free
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 474
9/1/2013 1:31:21   
Antithesis

^Please read mine and I'll be more than happy to give you feedback on yours! I think the length of mine is deterring forumites from giving feedback. So I kinda need to bribe you. v_v
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 475
Page:   <<   < prev  17 18 [19] 20 21   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [Oversoul] >> Oversoul General Discussion >> RE: =OS= Character Suggestion Discussion Thread
Page 19 of 29«<1718192021>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition