Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =ED= Compensation - January 24, 2013

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: =ED= Compensation - January 24, 2013
Page 13 of 15«<1112131415>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
2/1/2013 19:33:48   
the final hour
Banned

will people buy cores with varium after all their going to be OP and varium only in some cases because their going to have to be for the promos or no one will buy them .so bassically were going to get so far down the line till all the none variums work out that the cores are the new enhancements quit the player base is at the 0 end of the scale again . and alot of upset varium players i cant speak for others but i bet alot wont buy varium again . id also hedge my bets cores will be the new enhancements the gap will remain . none variums wont play variums will be sore from the constant let downs delays broken promises . even worse its going to be in peoples minds if i buy cores will this happen again . will their be a better core in 3 weeks , how much longer does the USS sinking ship have left im not sure anymore . and also as you can guess by my previous comments if i get into trouble for my opinion fine , i rlly dont mind i m not the only one of this opinion many have it in game . the forum represents a tiny portion of the game you should speak to people in game . EDs made far to many seriously bad moves and its hard to get away from in game . i aint seen variums in game as much . none variums are upset variums are upset . they expect nothing but dissapointment from ED. i honestly believe from what ive heard omega is EDs last chance saloon . if they dont get it right its the end of the line.
Post #: 301
2/1/2013 19:38:37   
Wootz

From my calculations, I'll be getting around ~4000 varium and about a thousand credits. Which is fine for me.
AQW Epic  Post #: 302
2/1/2013 19:43:00   
One Winged Angel1357

Core don't offer a multiple level advantage over the other side of the game. So trying to line the two up is a bit of a shot in the dark because a varium user with fully enhanced gear has 9 level advantage on average max to a 3 level advantage on average min(36 slots vs 0 slots and 36 slots vs 24 slots).

Core offer a skill to use in battle which can play to your advantage or shoot you in the foot by not working in a fight. Hitting someone with say curse isn't as big of a killer the enhancement edge that was given to the varium and it is a 5 level drop in support.

The reason you don't see people as much imho is that they are talking, waiting, or given up on the current system and they might try omega or still say forget this game. And that is a loss you at least have the humor the dev's because from what we have been shown enough has changed that this could be a different game but personally it still drags on after awhile but all games do that
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 303
2/1/2013 20:12:06   
Baron Dante

RoR: Wait.

quote:

This may be different for you and I, but I purchased varium with the idea of decreasing the amount of ingame time I had to spend to reach the same "power" level as others.

This is exactly what I said. You purchased and spent the Varium to decrease the time. Thus, you did, indeed, use it as a shortcut.

So, you can't really make the replacement here: Varium was just a way for you to not need Credits on this particular thing. It'd be the same if there was a weapon available both in only Credits, and then Credit/Varium. By taking the Varium route, you save time, and essentially create a shortcut. It'd be different if the item was only for Varium. Then I'd see the point of wanting a refund here.

I know I'm on the side of the argument most people won't be, as I can sort of see the point of the Devs. Was I to decide, I wouldn't have offered any form of refund period, as you've gotten what you were supposed to get from the purchase. As such, I kind of think the 30% refund wouldn't have even happened was it not for the fact a huge outrage would break out. And well, it still did, which is kind of a shame.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 304
2/1/2013 20:25:18   
King FrostLich

^It's nice that they are giving compensation rather than nothing. In real life, if you lose something you have to work to get it back. Be thankful they're giving back some of our money rather than give us nothing.
Epic  Post #: 305
2/1/2013 20:30:05   
Stabilis

I have a relevant question:

Pretend a new player (such as a player that joined today), knew nothing about enhancements or compensation, bought varium to enhance their items in $250 worth of enhancements.

The next day, Omega is fully integrated and that player lost 70% of their $250 in enhancements.

Crazy implication, yes, but possible.

But if you conclude with "alright, all enhancements within the past 30 days are reimbursed", what about 31 days ago? If 31, then what about 32 days ago? Can you have this relative to how long the enhancements remained?
AQ Epic  Post #: 306
2/1/2013 20:40:47   
Baron Dante

@Void: That's actually a pretty good question. I figure there'd need to be a balance of where it can be considered that you did get your moneys worth (Though again, my earlier point kind of makes it less of an issue). I kinda figure what should've been done was to have the first news page upon logging in make a point on how they will be gone. Kinda late for that.

Omitted a response referencing to a deleted post. ~eVentus

< Message edited by Eventus -- 2/1/2013 21:32:57 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 307
2/1/2013 22:08:34   
Blaze The Aion Ender

I also once said it should be more based off of how long you had it
Not gonna find the quote...
But I do agree with that

Maybe it could be
Had it for more than or exactly 8 months: 30% back
Had it for 7 months: 40% back
Had it for 5 months: 50% back
Had it for 3 months: 60% back
Had it for 2 months: 70% back
Had it for 1 month or less: Full Refund
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 308
2/1/2013 22:23:05   
King Helios

Dep. Void,

As the time you had had the enhancements grows larger, the value gets less.

Had for 20 days - Full Refund
1 Month - 75%
2 Months - 50%
etc.
AQ MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 309
2/1/2013 22:43:56   
Mr. Black OP

quote:

^It's nice that they are giving compensation rather than nothing. In real life, if you lose something you have to work to get it back. Be thankful they're giving back some of our money rather than give us nothing.

Not exactly, you aren't exactly losing anything its more like it being taken/stolen, and in some cases insurance would give you all the value back.
Epic  Post #: 310
2/1/2013 22:53:40   
Blaze The Aion Ender

quote:

After I ready this from the quote in Black op's post, I thought "No way he said it like this!"
But you did, so I will point out what you said

quote:

Be thankful they're giving back some of our money rather than give us nothing.

You said it yourself- It's our money, not theirs
Giving some back? It was not our choice to lose our enhancements, it was theirs
Why should we be paying for what they are removing
The only ones losing here are us, how can you not see that

And don't say 'They're working hard, they are losing their time"
So is my mother and father, and they don't take things I bought myself away because they are changing something in their life
Edit: Just clearing up, this is theoretical, nothing in my life is actually changing that I would need to begin giving things up... felt a need to clear that up, whether it matters or not...

Also, I would love to someday work as a coder, what I am learning now is pretty basic, but I am smiling through the whole class

Really the compensation is the only thing bothering me, the delays don't because it is not really their fault when it is ready, it is somewhat, but they cannot change when it is ready, however, they can change the compensation, they can change it in a span of 5 mins or less, as they have not handed anything out yet
Fix a mistake before it happens, I say

< Message edited by Blaze The Aion Ender -- 2/1/2013 22:55:18 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 311
2/2/2013 5:33:49   
Thylek Shran

@Rider_of_Rohan

You Post #: 289 is very good and you have a good knowledge about economy.

Its sad that the ED team wants to cheat us enhancement customers by silcencing
us with an achievement instead of refunding us with a real enhancement
compensation which could be cores, varium, and credits.
For the varium customers its real money. For credit customers like me its
invested/spent play time. But maybe the ED dev team does change their mind
and consider our arguments.

quote:

Many on this forum seem to think that we should be thankful for even this refund, but those that do don't seem to realize this: When we purchase enhancements, we purchase them in the faith that we will be receiving our money's worth. However, what AE has just done is taken away our purchase and all of its value.

Those people who are refering to some AE rules that there wonīt be refunds are just using killer phrases
and are damaging themselves too. This is false loyality to ED and AE. A rule that generally is refering that
there wonīt be any refunds is just a very bad rule and should be deleted. Life and games mechanics just
are not that simple.

I also donīt understand why the devs make a difference in refunds between varium (30%) and
credit enhancements (10%). This makes them total implausible about their statement that they
want to make the game more fair and close the power gap between varium and credit items.
My assessments about Omega get worse with every news and it doesnt seems like the devs
have changed their patterns of thinking. They still remain in old economy and thought patterns.
If they donīt like us credit customers they should charge a montly fee for the game but please
stop discriminating and affronting us credit users ! I am really so sick of that now over the years.
Treating credits users like that will not motivate them to spend real money for the game aka
buying Artix Points and varium.

v.35.3 (2016-01-23) ~ beam.to/shran
DF Epic  Post #: 312
2/2/2013 5:52:21   
TRizZzCENTRINO

@above the reason they are setting the cap at 100k credits refund and 10% credit refund is because that there are credit hackers and botters around who benefits greatly from this, yes it may sound like that it is unfair for credit players who is doing the right thing, but, just keep in mind that you can gain alot of credits over time and credits are not as important as varium, if they refunded the credit with a % same as varium refund, then I'm sure some varium players will complain about it, plus varium items will have a credit option in omega, therefore if the credit refund were any higher, non-varium players can easily get their desired varium item and cores without much effort, this is a game and it is also a business, just remember that, they are not developing and making this game just for fun, they do this for a living.

quote:

stop discriminating and affronting us credit users ! I am really so sick of that now over the years.
Treating credits users like that will not motivate them to spend real money for the game aka
buying Artix Points and varium.

eh nope, if they make credits so good, there won't be a point to be a varium player, credit users do play this game for free afterall. varium users will complain if they treat the credit users like varium users, they are not discriminating but simply giving paying players a little more benefit.

< Message edited by TRizZzCENTRINO -- 2/2/2013 5:56:39 >
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 313
2/2/2013 6:10:10   
theholyfighter

Credits seem to not be useful, so it wouldn't hurt to increase the percentage right? 10% is like giving us back the peel of a stolen banana. It's an exaggeration, but IMO the idea is close enough.
AQW Epic  Post #: 314
2/2/2013 6:17:04   
Lycan.

Credits is convenient currency so it requires effort to get, if they get any more % they can easily pick a weopon of there choice without much time and effort.
NPC's are also fight-able infinite ammount of times in Omega so that might be another reason why the compensation is only 10%
Epic  Post #: 315
2/2/2013 6:22:40   
TRizZzCENTRINO

@above exactly what i said.
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 316
2/2/2013 6:30:35   
Lycan.

i didn't read your text
Epic  Post #: 317
2/2/2013 6:43:42   
doomkiller98

Will all of you who are complaining STOP! You paid for your advantage and got way more than what you should have got.

Believe me I new that the stupid things (enhancements) were not gonna last long. But they did! And shouldn't have!

Cause people abuse them, Just like everyone was abusing support in late beta and early gamma. (heal looping tlm was the one i had most troubles with) Side note:Heal looping tech mages didn't use much support-Then enhancements came out....

Now we have this atrocity of a blood mage and bounty strength builds, And it would not be possible without enhancements

I personally have only spent about 1200 varium on enhancements.. not a big deal to me that were losing them, But I cant stand people nagging on the devs and everyone else on the forums about this, LET IT GO, Cry a river, Build a Bridge AND get over it!

Sincerely,
Doom
Post #: 318
2/2/2013 7:10:38   
TRizZzCENTRINO

@above while i agree that people should respect and be happy with what they got back, but, i don't think that your post will have much effect on them.
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 319
2/2/2013 7:10:59   
Remorse

I personally think that people who complain about others complaining are just as bad.

People have a right to say what they think is fare, Some people have spent more then others on this but neither of them deservs to be shut down.

Just because you haven't spent much on enhancements doesn't give anyone the right to ask others
to stop complaining.

And the other way around.

What I think is far worse then people giving their opinion (Complaining as some people call it)

Is those who tell others to stop, when that is the whole point of this thread, people give their opinion on what they think is fare and reasoning why.

I am fairly neutral on this topic, I think the compensation could be better but I happy just cause the balance ruining feature is being removed.

But neither side of the argument deserves to be shut down,
And people who complain about others complaining are just as bad if not worse.

< Message edited by Remorse -- 2/2/2013 7:12:50 >
Epic  Post #: 320
2/2/2013 7:38:23   
theholyfighter

All I hope is that the amounted refunded is enough to upgrade the items and get skill cores.
AQW Epic  Post #: 321
2/2/2013 7:53:16   
doomkiller98

Remorse in no way shape or form am i complaining about complainers, I simply gave my opinion on the matter! Im about sick of people shooting down other peoples posts For no absolute reason. But. everyone is entitled to give opinions about everyone's posts.

If my post came off to you guys as complaining so be it. But trust me, im just giving my honest opinion, And I have the same amount of rights to make say my opinion just as much as everyone here.

@trizz
Yeah I just like giving people more things to think of before posting malicious content directed at the devs it really doesn't make sense why people post such hateful things.
Post #: 322
2/2/2013 7:56:01   
King FrostLich

quote:

Giving some back? It was not our choice to lose our enhancements, it was theirs
Why should we be paying for what they are removing
The only ones losing here are us, how can you not see that

We are being given skill cores which will be of lower cost than the current enhancement system. At the same time, this stops stat abusers from going full strength and we are also allowed to rearrange the stats of our weapons. Sure, we may be losing the enhancements we paid, varium or credits but that doesn't mean we lose 100% of its total value thanks to skill cores unless you cannot afford to buy the skill cores themselves. Compensation is something we get in return for something we have lost and this does not mean the WHOLE item will be returned. Otherwise, the title of this thread would be called "Full Compensation - January.24, 2013". Didn't you even think about the many items in this game that will turn into credit cost items? What's the point of having varium refunded when this will happen? Shouldn't we be complaining about the credit compensation? On a contradictory note, NPC's will be unlimited at the cost of removing influence, tokens and win records from ever increasing whenever you beat them.
quote:

And don't say 'They're working hard, they are losing their time"
So is my mother and father, and they don't take things I bought myself away because they are changing something in their life

We cannot stop time itself nor can we stop ourselves arguing about why we are given such a low compensation. They provide us food, money, and our basic needs. Everything of those stuff are what we need to survive but choosing how we use these things are our wants. The money players used for this game are just wants and can be manipulated,changed, modified or converted to something useful by the developers of this game. We pay them to satisfy us but that doesn't always mean we get something good in return.

Btw, my post was directed to some guy complaining about why the compensation was so low and it got deleted which then Baron Dante's post filled it up.
Epic  Post #: 323
2/2/2013 7:58:00   
King Helios

@Remorse, are you complaining about people complaining about complaining?

As I said, this delay should let the Yeti tournament start on the weekend. =]
AQ MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 324
2/2/2013 8:02:32   
Drianx

Completely agreed with Thylek and Rider of Rohan.
My view of a fair compensation is at least 60% of the varium/credits spent. Anything below that is a slap in the face.
AQW Epic  Post #: 325
Page:   <<   < prev  11 12 [13] 14 15   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: =ED= Compensation - January 24, 2013
Page 13 of 15«<1112131415>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition