Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =ED= Compensation - January 24, 2013

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: =ED= Compensation - January 24, 2013
Page 4 of 15«<23456>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
1/25/2013 1:30:46   
odsey

@cole At least its better than nothing.

< Message edited by odsey -- 1/25/2013 1:34:06 >
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 76
1/25/2013 1:30:59   
Mother1

@ cole

maybe because we are getting back something period, or got more then what we were expecting? Remember the staff could have just given us the cheevo and no refund at all and the only reason they did this was because of the goodness in their hearts. they didn't have to give us anything since in TOS it basically says we aren't entitled to any sort of refund.

< Message edited by Mother1 -- 1/25/2013 1:31:29 >
Epic  Post #: 77
1/25/2013 1:41:31   
cole rules0

How can you respond this is better than nothing. the point of buying something is not to have them take it away and give you not even half of the original price this is just robbery. This demoralizes the value of our money who knows this might start a new trend for the devs. If they are allowed to do something like this who knows what else they will do. we are throwing our money down a hole and being grateful for that, just ridiculous.

< Message edited by cole rules0 -- 1/25/2013 1:44:59 >
AQ  Post #: 78
1/25/2013 1:43:06   
ReinXI

when you agree to the conditions that there not inclined to give you any form of refund then yes yes it is ok that we only get 30%
Epic  Post #: 79
1/25/2013 1:44:36   
odsey

@Cole think about it, If they only give you a cheevo, what will you do? and I think 30% varium is enough even though I want more.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 80
1/25/2013 1:48:22   
JariTheMighty

Wow nice! Looks like I've enhanced almost the ideal amount of items as I am getting a compensation of ~90k credits! And an achievement too? Sweet.

I just wonder why there's a cap for credit compensation. Not many will reach it obviously, and those that do have a ton of credits anyway so...?

Looks like I'm also getting 90 varium from my Graphite Zooka. Any item enhanced with any currency before the 15% enhancement sell back came live got "enhanced with varium" status. Not sure why but definitely not complaining.

This compensation could have been way worse.
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 81
1/25/2013 1:53:26   
Renegade Reaper

im not sure why they are putting a cap on credits since you can farm endless npcs in omega.
and like JariTheMighty said, most players who will reach that credit cap already have tons of
credits, so why put a cap on it? it wont matter a whole lot anyways because not many players
will reach it. I myself will be getting around 5k varium back. not bad, but i wish i hadnt sold
all the enhanced stuff that i did....

Cheers!

@t600 duh

< Message edited by Renegade Reaper -- 1/25/2013 3:05:50 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 82
1/25/2013 1:53:58   
cole rules0

Let me put something in perspective one core, seen from the omega core video, is 975 varium keep in mind this is just the core not the buffing to your level. if you had spent 1700 varium at 30% you will receive roughly 500 back. now this new system is a for lack or better term the new enhancement system. most won't be able to max their weapons to full efficiency without buying more varium. See what i'm getting at how can they take a new system out give you less than what you spent and than have you spend even more just to get back to where you were before. I just dont understand how people can be happy with their money being taken for no good reason, but I regress if the majority of this is happy nothing will happen the devs will win the money game and live to work another day i guess they are doing something right in their buisness.
AQ  Post #: 83
1/25/2013 1:55:52   
UnderSoul

To those who are angry at the Devs for the low compensation, let it go. They chose to refund you even though it wasn't mandatory or even necessary for your enjoyment. Be grateful and let go of your frustration. Think, in a few months you'll be happily playing in Omega and you won't even remember this supposed travesty. Just let go and relax, and you shall be happier. The enhancements served you well while you had them, right? They did their job, now it is time for Omega. The Devs chose to refund 30%, which for some of you is quite a bit. You can put that reward from the old into buying the new. So just sit back, let it go, and wait for Omega to go live.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 84
1/25/2013 1:58:35   
kaiseryeux21

@cole, although you sounded dat u are really extremely complaining about the compensation, i can sense some thought with his opinion. Lets say that for arguments sake, the omega releases and all these skill cores. so all players would definitely try to purchase this cores and spend credits and variums to unlock other cores in the future. lets again say that for arguments sake, after 1 year of having this feature of skill scores, the dev's again decided to remove it and again implement a new system better than skill scores. Again the dev's announce that the compensation will be the same with previous, what do you think we feel?? i mean, this can be a possible scenario because nothing is constant in this world except change. I dont know what to say, but i think whenever the dev's take out some features of this game in the future, it would not sacrifice all the varium and credits we spent. I hope you guys get my point.

As what AROS said on Breaking Dawn; "Spare ourselves to fight today, only to die tommorow".

Again, im not complaining. im happy with the refund and the achievement. just giving my opinion.

< Message edited by kaiseryeux21 -- 1/25/2013 2:01:31 >
DF Epic  Post #: 85
1/25/2013 1:58:40   
T.600

quote:

im not sure why they are putting a cap on credits since you can farm endless npcs in omega.
and like JariTheMighty said, most players who will reach that credit cap already have tons of
credits, so why put a cap on it? it wont matter a whole lot anyways because not many players
will reach it. I myself will be getting around 5k varium back. not bad, but i wish i hadnt sold
all the enhanced stuff that i did....

Cheers!

The cap is only on the compensation I think...
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 86
1/25/2013 1:58:56   
odsey

@Undersoul agree on everything you say. And @Cole Yes, it may be low but I'm still happy because the dev not only give us a cheevo but also 30% varium, which is a bit good for us.

< Message edited by odsey -- 1/25/2013 1:59:49 >
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 87
1/25/2013 2:06:14   
TRizZzCENTRINO

i think trizzzy shall kick....ahem i mean get some sense into some of the people who think 30% refund is not fair.

firstly, i can say that im shocked to see that people are not happy with this generous compensation that the devs offered us, secondly, may i ask some questions to those people?
question 1: where are your max enhanced lvl 25-30 items?
question 2: are you currently using them even though you are level 35?
question 3: are they still giving you a advantage in battle, or are they collecting dust in your inventory?
i can't believe that most don't even see the current problem with enhancements, i suppose that people like to spend $50 every-time the devs decides to release a new and more powerful promo every 1-3 months, i suppose that people like to spend 1.7k or less varium on a new and more powerful weapon, then later to be outclasses by a more powerful item, leaving your max enhanced item in your inventory collecting dust, and may never be able to use it again, isn't that worse than 30% refund? or would you rather see your inventory fill up with fully enhanced and under-powered items that you no longer gain advantages from.

congrats to those who see the bright and positive side of this DN and omega, also seeing what harm that enhancements have brought on balance and our varium amounts.
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 88
1/25/2013 2:08:20   
UnderSoul

Enhancements have always struck me as unbalanced, hopefully skill cores will be better.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 89
1/25/2013 2:17:35   
Red Metal2k

Reading through all these comments I could not have given a better example of people being sheep.
When I look at the stuff I have bought in this game I personally did not expect it to be worthless, stripped, taken away than "compensated" for 30%.
I think this is unfair and if cores go out of hand and they decide to have another enhancement repeat I know it will finally be time for a new game.
AQ Epic  Post #: 90
1/25/2013 2:20:19   
Baron Dante

I'd actually question the need to refunds at all, honestly. You did get what you paid for. A shortcut to fully enchanced gear. Sure, it's gone now, but Credits aren't gotten with real money. Thus, you could present the argument that there is no real need to compensate.

Not that I complain. I can imagine that refund being useful for me.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 91
1/25/2013 2:31:00   
sylar67

"How can you respond this is better than nothing. the point of buying something is not to have them take it away and give you not even half of the original price this is just robbery. This demoralizes the value of our money who knows this might start a new trend for the devs. If they are allowed to do something like this who knows what else they will do. we are throwing our money down a hole and being grateful for that, just ridiculous. " A cole .... exactly im quitting this game and so is everyone i know ... i remember begging my parents for money and i sure didnt get any hard thing in exchange for a software and yet you are taking it from me ? seriously with 30% refund ? thats called BULL-**** ! what a fail i can't even believe i wasted my time on this game .
Post #: 92
1/25/2013 2:33:44   
kaiseryeux21

2 different reactions with the compensations and both with very strong point to argue. But the bottomline is, the dev's gave us something in return which is a positive indication that they do care about the players. I just want to stress out my appeal that the next time the dev's will eliminate certain features of this game for the progress and betterment of the whole gameplay, it would not sacrifice what we paid off. We paid for it ok. just a very simple request, yet very critical.

Let's get over this and prepare ourselves for Omega. Peace.

loyti
DF Epic  Post #: 93
1/25/2013 2:34:15   
odsey

@Sylar Everything most come to a end someday. Now enchantment dissapear and its replaced by something better and balanced. One more time, it is better than nothing.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 94
1/25/2013 2:37:12   
TRizZzCENTRINO

@sylar67: read this
quote:

i think trizzzy shall kick....ahem i mean get some sense into some of the people who think 30% refund is not fair.

firstly, i can say that im shocked to see that people are not happy with this generous compensation that the devs offered us, secondly, may i ask some questions to those people?
question 1: where are your max enhanced lvl 25-30 items?
question 2: are you currently using them even though you are level 35?
question 3: are they still giving you a advantage in battle, or are they collecting dust in your inventory?
i can't believe that most don't even see the current problem with enhancements, i suppose that people like to spend $50 every-time the devs decides to release a new and more powerful promo every 1-3 months, i suppose that people like to spend 1.7k or less varium on a new and more powerful weapon, then later to be outclasses by a more powerful item, leaving your max enhanced item in your inventory collecting dust, and may never be able to use it again, isn't that worse than 30% refund? or would you rather see your inventory fill up with fully enhanced and under-powered items that you no longer gain advantages from.

congrats to those who see the bright and positive side of this DN and omega, also seeing what harm that enhancements have brought on balance and our varium amounts.

you are already wasting your money on enhancements and weapons in delta, so you think you can still win battles with your fully enhanced out-dated weapons? i think not.
so you better think clearly before saying something.
they are making it that you no longer has to be forced to pay in-order to stay in a position where you don't get beat up by players who has got the current best items.
or would you rather to keep paying to win?
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 95
1/25/2013 2:38:49   
odsey

@Trizz Coudln't agree more:D. And @sylar Try to answer trizz question.

< Message edited by odsey -- 1/25/2013 2:40:01 >
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 96
1/25/2013 2:42:10   
TRizZzCENTRINO

@above glad you agree :D

MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 97
1/25/2013 2:46:11   
Xxbbooxx

If we knew that enhancements were going to be completely demolished later on, would most of us have bought them? I wouldn't have. Although i can see the points to both sides of this argument, i am more inclined to agree with its not enough. we didnt pay $50 for a 10k varium pack, spend 7000-8000 of that varium on enhancing our weapons, then later on to have them stripped from us, with a small compensation. i personally have purchased over 35k varium, and over 25k of that went into enhancements. 2 months later those weapons are absolute, so i have to buy a new weapon and upgrade that, so i sell my now useless weapon. oh that at that, my new weapon is now hopeless as well. sell that and buy a new one.

Personally the only way i think this would be fair, is if they went on our master accounts, viewed how much varium we have purchased for each character, (there is records, even we can see them), and gave us at least 30% of that number. 30% of what we currently have in our inventory is pointless, i have fully enhanced about 15 equipment, however as these became absolute i sold them and purchased new gear, now i have only 1 weapon, 1 sidearm, 1 auxiliary, and 2 armours fully enhanced. 25k varium used on enhancements for an achievement and about 2k varium refund. likely not even in the top 50% for it either. woo hoo.. $150+ US down the drain for.. likely a 500 rating point achievement and 2k varium. yippee..

at least if its going to stay the same way, make it so we can max out a weapons skill cores (passive and active) for whatever get refunded for a 9 slot enhanced item. i would say 10 but most items are 8 max slots, leaving us at 400-510 max refunded per item.
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 98
1/25/2013 2:49:19   
kaiseryeux21

quote:

so you think you can still win battles with your fully enhanced out-dated weapons? i think no

although i agree with most of your points, this one is not viable. remember, enhancements doesnt give you a guarantee to win battles but instead, it only gives you advantage over your opponents. Skills and strategy is what makes u win battle (and sometimes a little luck). So you're point is simply not true.

< Message edited by kaiseryeux21 -- 1/25/2013 2:50:28 >
DF Epic  Post #: 99
1/25/2013 2:50:45   
TRizZzCENTRINO

@xbox not to be harsh but it is really your own fault, you could have kept those for rarity score and to basically show off, everyone knows that the more rares or cool weapons you have, the more people will admire your character.
to be honest, it is not wise to sell anything in ED, unless it is a battle drop or the gems and emeralds.

quote:

although i agree with most of your points, this one is not viable. remember, enhancements doesnt give you a guarantee to win battles but instead, it only gives you advantage over your opponents. Skills and strategy is what makes u win battle (and sometimes a little luck). So you're point is simply not true.

how is it not true? when i say out-dated, i meant items like celtic cleaver and others that were around the lvl 25-30 range, you simply can't win a up to date level 35 with those weapons, especially when people are battling with platinum's pride and infernal interdictor. tell me, would you still win against a fully enhanced level 35 if you have the lvl 12 or 25 founder armor, ghoul cannon, stun blaster, frostbane equipped? i don't think so, luck can't help you there, unless you deal 5 crits in a row.

< Message edited by TRizZzCENTRINO -- 1/25/2013 2:57:07 >
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 100
Page:   <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: =ED= Compensation - January 24, 2013
Page 4 of 15«<23456>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition