Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =ED= Weekend Progress Report - January 26, 2013

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: =ED= Weekend Progress Report - January 26, 2013
Page 3 of 13«<12345>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
1/27/2013 10:12:42   
button33

Guys. Just give it a break. They promised us Omega last year, but you know, things dont always work out the way that is planned.

The staff has worked tirelessly for the past month, even working during the holidays to get this release ready.
They have given has a 2 for 1 promotion as compensation, and that is very generous of them.
And lets not forget that they indeed have fulfilled their promise to provide us a DN of how things are coming along almost every day.

Take some time off. Take a break from Epicduel. Its not healthy to sit in front of a computer five hours a day....
AQW Epic  Post #: 51
1/27/2013 10:14:55   
Stabilis

Surveys eh? I am not a business champion, but widespread surveys and such would fall under head office (corporate execs) under marketing under statisticians.
AQ Epic  Post #: 52
1/27/2013 10:14:56   
One Winged Angel1357

@Soul I think that would be Rabblefroth he always seems to work on the community fairness porjects while titan works on the game improvement projects(yes I know they do work together but a handful of the community fairness projects have had Rabblefroths name on it)
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 53
1/27/2013 10:18:14   
SouL Prisoner

^ Ads for ED ...

Theirs so much can be done ...
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 54
1/27/2013 10:23:00   
One Winged Angel1357

@^ ads are PR in my mind and Cindy is head of PR. Plus NW, Char, and Disturbed would need some down time not working art for the updates to draw and animate some ads
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 55
1/27/2013 10:23:06   
King FrostLich

This is one good example of putting your hopes too high for a very good update. If it doesn't come out at the time you expect it to be, then don't expect to be there at the time you want it to expect.
Epic  Post #: 56
1/27/2013 10:27:42   
the final hour
Banned

quote:

They have given has a 2 for 1 promotion as compensation

im not bothered about the delay anymore tbh took to long to care. that said this statement is still inacurate its not compensation if you have to pay for it all be it at a reduced price .

example sorry your food you ordered was supposed to turn up at x o clock it aint gunna it ill be their in another hour but i tell ya what ill give u somet else IF you buy it halve price. -.-
Post #: 57
1/27/2013 10:30:47   
SouL Prisoner

quote:

Plus NW, Char, and Disturbed would need some down time not working art for the updates to draw and animate some ads

Not everything told has to be done now. They can do it when they got free time ... after Omega??

quote:

example sorry your food you ordered was supposed to turn up at x o clock it aint gunna it ill be their in another hour but i tell ya what ill give u somet else IF you buy it halve price. -.-

LOL, that ever happened to u?? :P
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 58
1/27/2013 10:35:19   
One Winged Angel1357

@SOul according to NW in a different topic they already have ads

quote:

As an aside, the global map of EpicDuel players is fascinating. I'm amazed how big we are in some counties, but almost completely absent in others. I don't know if it's cultural, or just where our ads are most effective, but it's still neat.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 59
1/27/2013 10:39:39   
SouL Prisoner

^ ED has no Ads in any AE Game(Ballyhoo), just to let u know :)
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 60
1/27/2013 10:44:04   
One Winged Angel1357

I have watched an AQW ad on the AQW Ballyhoo

trust me ballyhoo is not the best advertiser known to man

If the devs say they have ads floating on the web they have ads floating on the web just because we haven't seen one does not mean they don't exist. But with that said I haven't seen any AE ads in a while
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 61
1/27/2013 10:44:11   
Stabilis

I think that their advertisement is working. Not top ten, but still high.
AQ Epic  Post #: 62
1/27/2013 10:46:26   
the final hour
Banned

quote:

LOL, that ever happened to u?? :P

no i got the stuff free this company cared about its customers and wanted their loyalty ^.^
Post #: 63
1/27/2013 12:06:34   
zion

It was a free 2nd set if you buy one plus access to an exclusive new tournament/battle system. Depends how you look at it. Furthermore, the enhancement givebacks/cheevos were pretty generous.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 64
1/27/2013 12:39:46   
SS

quote:

You should understand that the Artists don't work in programming, and Programmers don't take care of the game art.
Making new visuals and art for the game does not consume time from the work Programmers have to do. They are separate tasks, done by different people.

Really? And who implements the visuals into the game, artists?

quote:

Now if you meant PROJECT MANAGER I can forgive you for that slip because that is a completely different case. A project manager has actual experience with computers and game development so he/she could be involved in development work when needed.

Of course I'm not talking about a sales manager or something, but a manager who knows how this is done and how to make it efficient. Every team needs a manager to coordinate the actions of all team members, and if deadlines are not met - it's the manager's fault, for either setting them wrong, or not managing well at all.
Post #: 65
1/27/2013 13:06:24   
Dimentic

Waiting for a release date tonight or I'm askin for too much? ^^

"Whatever the mind can conceive and believe, the mind can achieve."
Dimentica!
Epic  Post #: 66
1/27/2013 14:14:05   
Banir

Well they did say it would be released in January so I don't think it would be too much to ask for it to be released before FEBRUARY. They revealed Omega on the 29th of November and the release date was December 14th. They were probably working on Omega much before they even announced it. How could you possibly overshoot a deadline by over a month? I can understand a little delay due to "unforeseen circumstances" as I think they've said before, but this is just crazy. I can see it now: "Epicduel Omega has been rescheduled to launch in March!" showing up when I open up the game.

There's my rant for this phase. I thought Omega would be different but it seems like they plan to do this every time.
Epic  Post #: 67
1/27/2013 15:35:08   
DestruRaGe

Alright by progress log we can assume that release coming very soon. On this friday or if we are lucky, earlier.
Epic  Post #: 68
1/27/2013 15:40:47   
Vypie

quote:

Really? And who implements the visuals into the game, artists?

That is not something that would have a big impact in the deadline.

It is something that needed to be done. Just as important as the new battle engine.
Sure, you may or may not care much about the art in a game, but Epicduel needed to upgrade it's visual quality to appeal to new players, and old ones as well.
I care much about how a game is presented to us, and being an artist myself, I understand the importance of it. It helps the player to understand better what is going on, and it adds immersion into the game. And it's nice to see cool looking art by itself. :)

I would rather wait a few days than to be presented with poor quality graphics that would make Omega look crappy. The art must evolve with the game, and Omega is supposed to cause an impact in every way. Waiting for the visual part would ruin part of the experience.
Plus, we needed new art for the NEW interfaces, character creator, NPCs, etc etc.
Epic  Post #: 69
1/27/2013 15:44:05   
Rayman
Banned

Atleast Basic Cores went from 0-10% Up to 35% :3
AQW Epic  Post #: 70
1/27/2013 15:48:09   
Yo son

unless am mistaken, official releases are every Thursday for all AE games/ most stuff in general like new episodes of shows, so am predicting the 31st or the 7th.
Post #: 71
1/27/2013 15:52:03   
One Winged Angel1357

Yo Son Epicduel has a Friday Release
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 72
1/27/2013 16:31:57   
kise2

Just be patient you could always do something else while you are waiting :/.
AQW Epic  Post #: 73
1/27/2013 17:24:20   
Giras Wolfe

quote:

New Golden Yeti Tournament System: 80%

Create NEW Basic Cores: 65%

Progress is being made on tournament system and cores! I am so excited for omega later this week! :3
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 74
1/27/2013 17:28:58   
the final hour
Banned

I hope im wrong but i dont think it will be this week somehow
Post #: 75
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: =ED= Weekend Progress Report - January 26, 2013
Page 3 of 13«<12345>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition