Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Prestige...

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Suggestions >> Prestige...
Page 1 of 212>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
3/19/2013 9:10:43   
button33

So.. I play COD and Modern Combat and a lot of games... And they all have a level cap.

The thing is, when you hit a level cap, the game no longer becomes fun. In those games, once you get to the max level, say level 90, you can keep you level, or you can prestige, meaning you reset your level to level 1, but you keep all your upgrades and gold and stuff like that.

So.. Im thinking that maybe ED should have a system like that, where you can prestige at the highest level. It would make the game more interesting, and maybe getting prestige could come with a special achievement, or something. This gives lower levels incentive to level up, and higher levels something to do.

After enhancement were taken away, I think this system may actually work. First, there would be a lower gap between level 30 and 35, and a experience level 30 player actually has a chance to beat level 35's. In Omega, a lower level can win.

Second, this may close the gap that level 30's are complaining about. Think about it. Assume that there are 1000 level 35 players in ED. If 900 of them decide to prestige, going back to level 1, then there is only 100 level 35 players left. This helps the lower levers, as they now have to fight less level 35's. Basically, this will be going back into a cycle. By the time there level 35's get back to level 30, a lot of the other players have reset back to level 1, and this helps close the gap between levels.

I mean, this would give people incentive to level up, or people incentive to keep playing. I know so many people who quit because of nothing to do, and others are just bored... Doing this will allow people to keep on fighting..

Tell me what you think.
~Button
AQW Epic  Post #: 1
3/19/2013 9:20:22   
Mother1

Not supported. This would also hurt new lower level players as well since they will be getting abused by more experienced players who used this to go back to level one. It could discourage newer players since for them in the beginning they are battling players at their level mostly.
Epic  Post #: 2
3/19/2013 9:52:33   
Trae

hmm..... not sure what to think here like mother said i wouldn't like to face comicalbiker as a lvl 1 so what about if they get reset to level 30 instead
Epic  Post #: 3
3/19/2013 9:59:42   
theholyfighter

quote:

Not supported. This would also hurt new lower level players as well since they will be getting abused by more experienced players who used this to go back to level one. It could discourage newer players since for them in the beginning they are battling players at their level mostly.

Um...actually I kind-of think this a a bit nonsense, since you have the same amount of stats. The only difference is your credits and your experience... Btw, what about experienced players who have alts? Those alts are experienced but started at lvl 1 as well....
However, no one can be sure that it wouldn't affect the starter players.

Interesting idea, dunno whether it works tho, since it's a totally new feature to AE.

< Message edited by theholyfighter -- 3/19/2013 10:01:15 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 4
3/19/2013 10:19:37   
Blitzex/Sr. Zeph
Banned

quote:

1. since you have the same amount of stats
2. Btw, what about experienced players who have alts? Those alts are experienced but started at lvl 1 as well....

These.
Are interesting points that makes mother1's point basically nonsense, since i have done this many times (due to boredness).

There should be a minimum between lvl 10-20.
Supported!

Below:
Sorry about that, some words are still unknown for me :P

< Message edited by Blitzex/Sr. Zeph -- 3/19/2013 10:24:46 >
Epic  Post #: 5
3/19/2013 10:22:31   
theholyfighter

flawless=no flaws=no problem...?
AQW Epic  Post #: 6
3/19/2013 11:02:43   
Mother1

@ Theholyfighter

and having those credits and varium along with all their old gear at low levels will cause a power gap. Think about you will have all of your old gear at level 1 which new players won't have, plus you will have the credits to power it up while lower level new players will be fighting to get credits for items. Experienced players especially rich ones will use the lower levels as punching bags due to now only being able to power up their gear cheap, but also already having their old gear. That is how it will discourage new players not encourage them.
Epic  Post #: 7
3/19/2013 11:15:51   
theholyfighter

Do you know how much credits needed for upgrading your gear from lvl 1-2? Not even close to much.
quote:

and having those credits and varium along with all their old gear at low levels will cause a power gap.

This doesn't work.
quote:

Think about you will have all of your old gear at level 1 which new players won't have, plus you will have the credits to power it up while lower level new players will be fighting to get credits for items. Experienced players especially rich ones will use the lower levels as punching bags due to now only being able to power up their gear cheap, but also already having their old gear. That is how it will discourage new players not encourage them.

All starting players have a primary and an armor... They lack a sidearm and an auxiliary.

But hey, if you bought varium just at the very beginning of your character's birth, you can get all those items as well, maybe even more powerful promos. But yeah, what you said might happen as well...who knows?

Edit:
By the way, how about restricting it so that you can only start at level 10?

< Message edited by theholyfighter -- 3/19/2013 11:22:18 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 8
3/19/2013 11:27:48   
Mother1

@theholyfighter

You are also forgetting about cores equipped to items. If I were to go down to level 1 all my cores would still be intact where as a lower level wouldn't have these cores. Especially the unblockable cores that come with certain gears. plus 7K credits is a lot for lower levels. low levels wouldn't be able to afford these without varium and as we know most players when they first start won't buy varium unless they like the game. I still see this as a way to of scaring away new players.

When you make an alt you will have the knowledge of how to play, but you won't have all the gear you would have with your main. That is my problem with this. Gear advantage + core advantage = overpowered at low levels and possibly discouraging new players.

< Message edited by Mother1 -- 3/19/2013 11:31:23 >
Epic  Post #: 9
3/19/2013 11:32:03   
Stabilis

It is true that level capped players that have restarted their XP meter have a resource advantage unlike most new players who have just joined EpicDuel.
AQ Epic  Post #: 10
3/19/2013 11:36:42   
theholyfighter

quote:

You are also forgetting about cores equipped to items. If I were to go down to level 1 all my cores would still be intact where as a lower level wouldn't have these cores. Especially the unblockable cores that come with certain gears. plus 7K credits is a lot for lower levels. low levels wouldn't be able to afford these without varium and as we know most players when they first start won't buy varium unless they like the game. I still see this as a way to of scaring away new players.

When you make an alt you will have the knowledge of how to play, but you won't have all the gear you would have with your main. That is my problem with this. Gear advantage + core advantage = overpowered at low levels and possibly discouraging new players.

Yea, later on I've thought of that; that's why I editted the post above yours before you made a new post. But o well, the new post came as well.

quote:

Edit:
By the way, how about restricting it so that you can only start at level 10?

AQW Epic  Post #: 11
3/19/2013 12:01:52   
button33

I would say let's start at level 20.
First, level 1 to level 20 takes not too long to get.
Plus, at level 20, many players will have credits.
AQW Epic  Post #: 12
3/19/2013 12:04:53   
theholyfighter

^That should work~
Mind editting your first post?
AQW Epic  Post #: 13
3/19/2013 12:14:18   
Mother1

The only way I could see this idea working is if all of your stuff that you have when you restart is frozen until you reach a certain point. Otherwise it wouldn't work period.
Epic  Post #: 14
3/19/2013 12:26:35   
button33

@Mother1

How about auxes are unlocked at level 10, and cores are unlocked at level 20?
AQW Epic  Post #: 15
3/19/2013 16:49:03   
Midnightsoul

I remember Overlord Drekon suggesting this idea.
He said like each prestige you go through, there should be a reward.

I support.
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 16
3/19/2013 17:09:55   
AQWorldsFarmer

Maybe instead we can just have catagories?

Forexample:

Catagory Basic: All players in this catagory fight in the same pvp system. (the current battlign system)

Catagory Uprising: Once you reach level 35, you can either stay in catagory Basic, or get set back to level 1 and start the Uprising Catagory. This does not have the same players as Catagory Basic, everyone here are experienced players. (You keep all your, they are just reset to lvl 1). This would also make it easier to devise strategy in 2vs2 at low levels. *Note: At any time you can move back to level 35 of Catagory Basic, all your items will have the same stats as you had them at last time.

Catagory Supremecy: Once you reach lvl 35 in catagory Uprising, you can upgrade to Catagory Supremecy. Everyone in this catagory gets +10 credit for ever 2vs2 and jug wins, +5 for every 1vs1 win. You also get an exclusive skill for your class. (different skill for every class, unlike massacre, supercharge, and surgical strike which 2 classes get)

Reliving Legend: (achievement) You get this achievement once you reach level 35 in catagory Supremecy 10,500 rating points.

Reliving Overlord: (armor) This armor is a reward for reaching level 35 in supremecy catagory, has the skill core Recycle Points.

Recycle Points: An active skill core that takes 2 points off of each of your opponents stats, gathers them up, and puts them into your highest base stat. (-8 total stats for opponent, +8 for you)

Post #: 17
3/19/2013 21:03:04   
button33

The last skill seems overpowered.

However, the idea of restricting things until certain levels seems pretty good, as they make it fair for everyone.
AQW Epic  Post #: 18
3/20/2013 10:02:46   
theholyfighter

^ It isn't, actually. That's just -1 damage on weapons and -1 def/resis & a +1 damage and +1~2 def/resis on yourself.
AQW Epic  Post #: 19
3/20/2013 10:26:33   
Oba

I would like to "replay" my character, as in my opinion, it is uber boring to play at lvl 35/max lvl. This I have asked the devs if its possible for many years, and they always said it would be unfair to newcomers. However, I dont fully understand that argument, as I see numerous of high level players creating new characters. Personally I dont feel like doing that, since I have spent so much time on my character, and not to mention all the money.

I believe I saw a post about unfairness to newcomers since we would have a full gear from the start, but then again, I have bought varium for a faster/as a shortcut for PvP, and they also have that option. As for cores, dont make them available for use till around lvl 15 or so then.

< Message edited by Oba -- 3/20/2013 10:34:42 >
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 20
3/20/2013 10:47:17   
Mother1

@ oba

yeah that was my post. The difference between starting over again with an alt and restarting your character would be gear. at level one new players only have starter weapon and thank to omega now armor. However if we were to restart now we would have everything we has leveling up and thank to omega it works with our level so we can equip it. Having our full gear plus cores would equal new players being punching bags.

And oba just because you brought varium for a shortcut doesn't mean everyone who starts will. Remember the mass majority of low level players are non varium players because they are just starting and getting a taste for the game. Having high level players level down to level 1 and show up in swarms with an advantage most low levels don't have would possibly ruin the game for them even if they took away cores. We don't want do discourage new players by having them face fully geared former 35. It wouldn't be fair to them.
Epic  Post #: 21
3/20/2013 10:51:54   
Scyze

Won't there be some conflicts between Artix Entertainment and the owners of the games you gave an example of? Its basically copying what they introduced...

Mother1 already gave you what I would've said about this, experience will over power noobs. But it happens now, people who are one of the best duelers (no one in particular! (me?!)) start again since they are bored.
I'll like it once there's a better reason. If you get/ got bored of being a level 35 player, then start over! :D
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 22
3/20/2013 11:02:44   
theholyfighter

*clears throat*
quote:

Won't there be some conflicts between Artix Entertainment and the owners of the games you gave an example of? Its basically copying what they introduced...

They didn't "start" the prestige feature actually....
AQW Epic  Post #: 23
3/20/2013 11:04:55   
Teufel Hunden

Bad idea due to on CoD and other games when you prestige you are still fighting top level players of lower or higher prestige even at lvl 1. therefore, i do not support this suggestion and it is poorly put due to the inability to compete with a lvl 35 from last prestige if you are level 1 of the next. not supported.

I wish you luck in your future endeavors.

~Da Bomb Expert
AQW Epic  Post #: 24
3/20/2013 11:07:38   
Oba

quote:

And oba just because you brought varium for a shortcut doesn't mean everyone who starts will. Remember the mass majority of low level players are non varium players because they are just starting and getting a taste for the game.

No it dosent, but I have bought varium for that very reason and since they also have that possibility I dont see that as a valid point for not having a feature as this. Before Omega, I could understand it, as it would also require alot of work to make our high level items available at a low level, but now all items have the same stats so I dont see how that could be a jam in the progress either.

And again, as for cores... I already stated my possibly suggestion/idea.

And if players got a starter gun and aux when they first created their characters, it no longer would be unfair and for newcomers it would be more fun; now they can gun and aux from the beginning instead of just using strike.

^DaBomb

That reminds me... when you prestige on, say COD, you start over at lvl 1 and play against all kinds of leveled players. This means, you fight with the very first starter items on COD while playing against players with unlocked perks and better weapons and it seem to be a working system.

< Message edited by Oba -- 3/20/2013 11:12:53 >
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 25
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Suggestions >> Prestige...
Page 1 of 212>
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition