Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Ruins of Paxia II OOC, Closed

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Role Playing] >> Role Playing >> RP OOC >> Ruins of Paxia II OOC, Closed
Page 1 of 41234>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
4/23/2013 18:00:07   
jerenda

Ruins of Paxia - Part Two! ~ RP Thread

Danger! Excitement! Intrigue! Lots of really big explosions! The island continent of Paxia is in peril, and it's up to you to save it... or to make it burn. An ancient Beast has escaped from his prison underneath Paxia, and the clans must band together to bind him once more. To do this, they need the eight ancient and mystic artifacts that were given to the clans for protection. Each one grants the holder power over the element it represents. The clans must remember their history, rouse from the apathy that everlasting peace has brought to them, and prepare for war.

Unfortunately, the task is far more difficult than it would first appear. Aerodu is nowhere to be found. The airship that housed so many battle-hardened veterans has vanished off the face of the earth, and their castle stronghold on the mainland lies in smoking ruins.

Nautica cannot be reached, as it has closed it's borders to all, and who knows what is going on in the underwater city.

Igneus has been struck by a plague - not of disease, but of fear and paranoia. Their clan's name carved into the hill near the ruins of Aerodu's castle has struck fear into the volcanic clan. Suspicion from the outside is falling on them - how could Aerodu and Dynami both be destroyed and leave Igneus unscathed? Even some of the members of Igneus suspect their leadership of turning on them. Could it be true?

Nocturu has been struck by a strike team, a handful of fighters who vanished into the dark, taking with them the lives of fully a third of their clan. Severely weakened, they have taken up the warpath - and they don't much care who they fight first.

As for Dynami... well, Dynami is no more, and what happened to the energy clan is beginning to spread in whispered rumors, leaving even the most seasoned men shaking...

However, all is not lost! Lucian has acknowledged the threat and is mobilizing for war, even now sending out ambassadors to negotiate an alliance with Geoto. Rumor has it that the first ambassadors were lost, but the light clan will not give up. Glacius, receiving many conflicting reports, is sending out runners to all the clans, while the leaders meet in secret and discuss a war that they hope will not come. Nocturu is on the warpath, and with luck they might be persuaded to ally with the other clans. Igneus and Nautica might yet be saved. There is hope.

Fair citizens of the RP boards, you have a choice to make. Do you help the clans band together in this time of need, rescue the ones who are on the verge of self-destruction, and collect the five remaining artifacts (the air, fire and energy artifacts are nowhere to be found) to combat the terrible forces of the Beast? Or do you take advantage of the weakness in splintered Paxia, exploit the long-standing divisions, and bring the island nation to its knees? The Beast offers power and glory to those who help him - as well as a chance for revenge on the clans. Those who work to save Paxia will forever be remembered in the annals of history should they succeed.

Make your choice.

Characters
I need two things from your character bios in addition to the regular requirements: a statement of what side you're on at first (good, evil, undecided) and where you envision your character fitting into the plot. You can be a part of anything mentioned here except for Aerodu or Dynami. You can be a leader, a clansman, an interested outsider; anything you can imagine I'll probably let fly. Persuade me. (Members of Aerodu & Dynami would not have been at home at the time of the destruction of their relative clans to survive. Where you were I leave to you to explain.)

The power level in this RP is slightly above normal, as the scale of this RP is larger than normal. If your super-awesome power attack that brings you to the brink of death can't level a town, you're going to have a hard time keeping up. (Unless your power is to defend from such things.) Keep that in mind when designing a character. I will accept paired characters, but not a trio, and you can't have links to people off-island who can help you. If you really want to break these rules, PM me and we'll talk.

The power level is a delicate balance. Brainstorming is a very good thing. I'm usually on #RPBoards, and if I'm not, PM me.

Useful Things
Map of Paxia
Information about the Clans, the Artifacts, and mini-bios for the NPCs
I had an edited Map of Paxia showing the Aerodu stronghold, but I losted it. Also, an elven aging chart for the curious. Anyway. I'll try to find them.

Rules and Stuff
1. I expect a full and complete explanation of your character's powers, as well as solid motivations. All sensitive info can be sent to me via PM, but I need it. (Or I'll bite you.)
2. I expect at least one post every month. Not measured in 30 days, but every actual month. A post every other week will be golden and will prevent your character from being left behind in the plot. (Or I'll kill you.)
3. I will post every week (probably Mondays) at the absolute minimum. I will inform you a minimum of seven days beforehand if I'm going offline for an extended period. (Or I'll kill... er... that person! *points wildly* [NPCs])
3b. I am not capable of posting every day. I apologize.
4. Please feel free to have random NPCs do whatever you think is logical for them to do. I demand that all my guards be trained fighters with at least a year's worth of combat expertise. NPCs aren't stupid, don't play them as such. (Or I'll make frowny faces at you.)
5. Follow all normal RPG rules as previously constituted. Duh. (Or I'll bite you.)
6. Have a blast. Do ridiculous things. Blow things up. Shout at the clan head. Shout at the Beast. Shout at the sky. Amuse me. Amuse each other. Rock this world, because you are a hero (or a villain) and you have the power to change things. (Or... you'll have less fun?)

Characters (Clans, Enemy)
TormentedDragon - Threnody Location: Nautica
TJByrum - Victus Arrelius Location: Igneus
Legendium - Orobus Dendarion Location: Geoto
Starstruck - Tiure Stradivaski Location: Unknown

Pending
None! I am so effective!

Lost
Riffus Maximus - Shilverase Kageyami
Mrbk - Scribia Nox and Effingo Location: Nocturu?

< Message edited by Starflame13 -- 10/20/2019 11:31:00 >
AQ DF  Post #: 1
4/23/2013 18:45:30   
jerenda

Hey guys! Hope you like the intro. Does anything need clarifying?

I did forget one thing - all new characters! I know, the old ones were awesome, but we're doing this reboot right. ^_^ Who's excited?
AQ DF  Post #: 2
4/23/2013 19:20:47   
Riffus Maximus

Expressing deep interest!

I remember your first RoP was a blast and the characters were indeed awesome. Hopefully, my stay on this RP will be longer than previously.

I'll come up with an enhanced version of Max's bio later on.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 3
4/23/2013 20:47:55   
jerenda

@Riffus, glad to have you on board. I recall a Max being used in RoP earlier... is this the same Max or do you have no idea what I'm talking about?

@TJB, looking good thus far. The only things I want to say before you finish your bio is that yes, working with a team is fabulous and greatly desired, and the last time around there wasn't much communication between the two sides aside from the violent type. I have no idea how it'll work out this time around, but that was what I saw.

A bit of clarification on the "where your character fits in" part: I'm talking where in Paxia your character is right now, what tangent of the storyline you want to take up, etc. For example, I might write something like "my character is a member of Igneus who is going to explore Dynami and determine if the stories are true" or "my character is an ambassador from Glacius heading to whichever clan is most useful to you, Jerenda" or "can I be part of the strike team that attacked Nocturu? Fighting an entire clan sounds like fun!"
AQ DF  Post #: 4
4/23/2013 20:50:17   
Riffus Maximus

Aye yes, it'll most likely be the same guy (a shame his stuff doesn't fit my name anymore). I'll have to make a few tweaks to make up for the name change.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 5
4/23/2013 21:00:52   
jerenda

Due to madness (I don't have to explain - you were there), I don't really want any characters from RoP I. Just for sanity's sake. Could you possibly find another character?
AQ DF  Post #: 6
4/23/2013 21:04:11   
Riffus Maximus

Figured I could've brought him back since I only posted twice with that chracter, but guess I'll find something else. Perhaps one of my old Shadowmancers who never managed to see a RP through the end.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 7
4/23/2013 21:32:36   
jerenda

@Riffus: To be honest, I think it'd be fine, but I want to be consistent and I'm not letting the other players keep their characters. :)

@TJB: Take your time. ^_^
AQ DF  Post #: 8
4/23/2013 21:45:25   
Riffus Maximus

No worries, I'll whip out something else up from my sleeves.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 9
4/24/2013 9:47:41   
TJByrum

My bio is done, hope fyou like it. Victus is a former general from the Remes region, but has been exiled due to his treachery and sent to Paxia. At Paxia he seeks to achieve glory, fame, and ability to return to the Remes region. He will work to reunite Paxia and defeat the Beast, but he may work alongside members of both sides. Truth is, he's working for his own ambition.
DF AQW  Post #: 10
4/24/2013 11:16:19   
Legendium

Color me interested. This sounds like it'll be a blast. Like literally.

I tried coming up with a bio just now, but for this RP, I want someone special, and it's going to require some thought. I'll be back when I've thought of a decent character.
DF MQ Epic  Post #: 11
4/24/2013 16:50:17   
TormentedDragon

I'm in, as we discussed. I've got a character bouncing around in my head. I'll talk with you about it more in person, kk Jen?
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 12
4/25/2013 3:56:28   
Riffus Maximus

And here's my character. A subordinate to myself in Nocturu.

Name: Shilverase Kageyami
Image: Click on meh!
Side: Good
Clan: Nocturu
Occupation/Class: Darkness Sorceress

Spells/Magical Skills:
With intensive training from a young age ever since she was able to use magic, Shilverase is one of the deadliest darkness spellcasters among Nocturu. Despite her young age, her mastery over Elemental Darkness makes her an incredible opponent. Given her prowess in magic, the young Nocturan can call upon a vast repertoire of dark-aligned spell, which can make her very versatile at all time. Despite such a variety of useful spells, they all share a common characteristic. In order to use her dark powers, Shilverase must draw power from surrounding darkness. Fortunately for her, even during daytime, the world provides enough shadows for her to effectively use most of her darkness spells. However, the darker her surroundings, the more potent her spells become, reaching their peak during nighttime. Instead of seeking and drawing energy from her inner self, and spontaneously use magic, Shilverase bends natural darkness to her will and draws power from it, hence the reason her spells grow more powerful the darker it is. By using this method of casting spells, Shilverase doesn’t deplete her spiritual reserve as the earlier way of using magic, which allows her to cast spells more often. The strongest flaw in this technique is how weak her magic is should she cast spells during daytime with little shadows around.

-Night Hunter: By gathering an enormous amount of darkness and surrendering her body and will to the darkness, Shilverase transforms into a darker version of herself. Since it is required to gather a significant amount of surrounding darkness, Shilverase can only use this ability at night (with almost no light present) or in unlit areas. The transformation remains even if light surrounds the dark mage. During this transformation, Shilverase’s physical and magical abilities are enhanced by a large margin. This ability is extremely costly to the body, cutting Shilverase’s lifespan by a year for each 5 minutes. She can only handle this dark transformation for 10 whole minutes, after which she is so mentally and physically exhausted she can barely walk and cast spells until she rests for a whole hour per 5 minutes.

-Darkness Weapon: One of the only spells that don’t require darkness to be cast. Upon use, Shilverase summons a weapon of solidified darkness of her choice in her hands. The constant use of this spell, its simplicity and the required spiritual energy makes it literally an innate ability. A darkness weapon is sharper than conventional weapons, and more durable than most material. She can only have one Darkness Weapon at all time, unless she summons two weapons of the same type (i.e. two swords) in both hands during the first casting of Darkness Weapon.

Height: 5'09’’ft.
Weight: 125 lb.
Complexion: Light-skinned
Hair Color: White
Eye Color: Purple

Likes: She prefers calm environments, sweets, cat, Darkness as well as full moons.
Dislikes:You can tell she doesn’t like sour things from the face she makes.

Personality: Shilverase is a quiet and reserved, though she is friendly and enjoy having a talk from time to time when someone approaches her gently. She loves her clan and devotes herself to keep it growing. She has little patience for those who are threatening her and Nocturu.

History: From a very young age, Shilverase was considered a Sorceress for her natural talent with magic. She had a rather lonely childhood due to her ability to use darkness magic, being shunned by most people and being taken care of by people who were interested in using her magic for their own gain.

Despite all this, when she grew of age to reason, she found out about Nocturu and their darkness-loving members. Hopeful to meet new people who would accept her for what she is and what she can do, she anxiously joined the Darkness clan. Like a beacon of light in her life, her hopes were found to be true as she was respected and loved by members of the dark community. She had a particular relationship with the Scion of Nightmares, called Max, who held an interest in her and treated her like no one has before. Having formed a trusty bond, Max made her his right-hand woman to carry on his duties should he someday disappear.

After the recent sneak attack on Nocturu by their own members, Shilverase entered in a righteous fury and took up arms to confront the Nocturan traitors and those who would oppose Nocturu.

Plot: Shilverase’s mentor and friend Max disappeared a short while before the attack on Nocturu happened. Thinking this is of no coincidence and something dire must’ve happened, Shilverase wants to further investigate what happened in Paxia, find out a way to return everything to normal, find her friend and bring him back to Nocturu. Being under the direct command of one of the most influential member in Nocturu, a lot of people followed her when it was time to take arms and head out to war. She is not a leader, but her very influence and benevolence towards her clan made her a lot of allies in Nocturu who would be willing to listen to her words.

< Message edited by Riffus Maximus -- 5/1/2013 14:51:22 >
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 13
4/25/2013 12:39:07   
jerenda

Sounds good, TD. I might not be on much today as I've got friends coming over all day, but I'll do my best to be on IRC Friday.

Legend, I can't wait to see what you come up with. ^_^

Alright TJB (do you mind that nick?) let's take a look at Victus. I reserve the right to tease him about the fact that he's wearing a kilt. I want to know more about this "siphon" ability - do you siphon physical power or magical power or just whatever it is the person has on hand? How much power can he siphon? Does it require him to stand still? Look at the person he's siphoning from? Does it only work on humanoids? People with brown hair? Any type of living creature including plants? Could he give this power to someone on the other side of the world? In outer space? On another planet? If I'm a mage and you send me energy, can I convert the energy to any kind of energy I want (like more spells) or does it come in the same form that you took it in (like if you drained a warrior and sent it to me I'd get physical ability)?

Personally, I think his power level could be bumped up a bit. Make the siphoning thing work in combat, or maybe give him another offensive power. He's almost there, but he could probably stand for a bit of buffing. Realize that the shield, as it stands, will not protect you from the earth ripping in half underneath you or a giant spider trying to eat you or someone with a dagger who hates your guts. That might be fine, if coupled with a kind of defense (harebrained idea: what if things that touch the shield are sent back the way they came at half speed, or an electric current runs through the shield to ward stuff/magic/people off), or you might like it that way. Just something to think about.

I just want to double-check one thing in your bio - the Remus region is ruled by a council of men, and not a central leader? If there was a central leader, I think he'd have a measure of control over his own armies and prevent other people from being threatened by one general. I am suspicious of his backstory, but I think I might let it slide... also, Paxia would like the Remus region to know that they are not a penal colony and if this behavior continues they will write a strongly worded protest letter and then probably invade. (That is, Paxia would say such a thing if Paxia wasn't currently in more turmoil than it could handle. Maybe you can meet a really annoying customs officer when trying to get into Igneus. :P)

So, to sum up, tell me more about this siphon thing, consider buffing him a bit, and maybe make the political structure of Remus make more sense. Although I guess that last isn't really important. ^_^ Sound good?

Edit2: Oh! I forgot! It's very important! TJB, you say your character is ambitious. What does he want, exactly? What are his goals? That's very important.

Edit: Oh dear, a wild bio appeared! *studies it suspiciously*

quote:

ORIGINAL: Riffus Maximus

And here's my character. A subordinate to myself in Nocturu.
... I'm going to pretend that sentence makes sense.

Woah. That is... a very... erm, scandelous young woman. Someone should tell her to put some clothes on.

quote:

Fortunately for her, even during daytime, the world provides enough shadows for her to effectively use most of her darkness spells.
I think she should need to stand in the shade at the very least. There is always darkness in the world, but I think she should need to seek it out and stand in it. That way getting rid of the shadows is an effective way to stop her spellcasting.

quote:

-Night Hunter: By gathering an enormous amount of darkness and surrendering her body and will to the darkness, Shilverase transforms into a darker version of himself.
First off, I thought this was a woman. Maybe she's a crossdresser? Second off, I fail to see how this makes her (or him) more powerful. I mean, black people are awesome, but I don't see how they're innately better. :P Oh, wait, nevermind, I see. Also, that is a painful spell cost (I mean, I winced when I read it), but the main problem with it is that there is no immediate cost of using this ability. She could use it for the entire duration of the entire RP and suffer no immediate side effects. I mean, sure, she'd probably die right after the RP ended, but that doesn't matter to the other players who have to try and defeat you during the RP. See my complaint?

Oooooh, can you cut light? That would be awesome. ^_^ I think we need a limitation on this Darkness Weapon ability - how about a size limit to the weapon and the rule that she can only have one if not surrounded by darkness?

quote:

Likes: She prefers calm environments, sweets, cat, Darkness as well as full moons.
Dislikes: You can tell she doesn’t like sour things from the face she makes.

Oh, that is adorable. That is absolutely precious. Why can't we have more adorable things in our bios? New life goal!

So... her friendship with Max is strictly platonic? Strictly? I like where she's at in the plot - I always feel uncomfortable trying to lead Nocturu with NPCs. You guys are so weird and I never know what to do with y'all. :P I may actually put Max back in this plot (just because I can't resist a love story [yes I have decided that I ship them]), but I will consult with you should he get to start doing stuff again, okay? :D

So, to sum up, she needs some limitations on her abilities, and she's adorable. Also, I want a Romeo & Juliet plot, but if you really don't see that happening I guess I'll live. ^_^

< Message edited by jerenda -- 4/25/2013 14:26:50 >
AQ DF  Post #: 14
4/25/2013 14:30:17   
TJByrum

quote:

Alright TJB (do you mind that nick?) let's take a look at Victus. I reserve the right to tease him about the fact that he's wearing a kilt. I want to know more about this "siphon" ability - do you siphon physical power or magical power or just whatever it is the person has on hand? How much power can he siphon? Does it require him to stand still? Look at the person he's siphoning from? Does it only work on humanoids? People with brown hair? Any type of living creature including plants? Could he give this power to someone on the other side of the world? In outer space? On another planet? If I'm a mage and you send me energy, can I convert the energy to any kind of energy I want (like more spells) or does it come in the same form that you took it in (like if you drained a warrior and sent it to me I'd get physical ability)?

Personally, I think his power level could be bumped up a bit. Make the siphoning thing work in combat, or maybe give him another offensive power. He's almost there, but he could probably stand for a bit of buffing. Realize that the shield, as it stands, will not protect you from the earth ripping in half underneath you or a giant spider trying to eat you or someone with a dagger who hates your guts. That might be fine, if coupled with a kind of defense (harebrained idea: what if things that touch the shield are sent back the way they came at half speed, or an electric current runs through the shield to ward stuff/magic/people off), or you might like it that way. Just something to think about.

I just want to double-check one thing in your bio - the Remus region is ruled by a council of men, and not a central leader? If there was a central leader, I think he'd have a measure of control over his own armies and prevent other people from being threatened by one general. I am suspicious of his backstory, but I think I might let it slide... also, Paxia would like the Remus region to know that they are not a penal colony and if this behavior continues they will write a strongly worded protest letter and then probably invade. (That is, Paxia would say such a thing if Paxia wasn't currently in more turmoil than it could handle. Maybe you can meet a really annoying customs officer when trying to get into Igneus. :P)

So, to sum up, tell me more about this siphon thing, consider buffing him a bit, and maybe make the political structure of Remus make more sense. Although I guess that last isn't really important. ^_^ Sound good?

Siphon works as a passive sort of trait. Basically if I walked up to you and started a conversation, over the course of the next several minutes you will slowly begin to feel tired. Your physical energy that lets you run, jump, talk, and breath is being drained. 'Stamina', I guess would be a better word. So it happens without you knowing about it, and I continue to drain your energy until I am satisfied or my concentration is broken. Immense concentration is not necessary. So long as I can be around you at ease and speak with you the spell will work. The point is to weaken potential opponents before engaging in combat. Or I can siphon it and direct it at someone like Riffus, who will consume the energy and be much more powerful. If am walking down the streets, I could technically consume very small amounts of energy from people who walk by. I'd say it'd take about 10 minutes to get the targets full energy. Plants don't really have 'stamina'; beasts, men, and other beings of such do, and as such I can use it on them.

The Guardian Shield is a last resort sort of defense mechanism that will protect my allies. So pretty much if another enemy sends a powerful blast at us, I can protect us all, but I will be vulnerable. However my allies will see to it that I am safe (I hope) and be able to defeat the enemy.

I will add a new spell soon, more offensive.

The Remes Region is a fertile grassy region that is ruled by a council. Instead of one leader making the decisions, the council debates them and comes to a majority decision. Victus' father was one of these councilmen, and Victus was to succeed him. The council also places the command of the many legions (the armed forces of the Remes) to the various generals, Victus being one of them. As you rise in rank the council gives you more legions to control. Victus worked his way up through the ranks and had enough manpower to threaten the council and forced them to agree with his father or fear death by his legions. He finally just did away wit his father, and since he was the son he was next in line on the council seat. Therefore he controlled his own legions and the council automatically heeded his words to control the other generals, so he was illegally controlling the entire legionary system through fear and brute force. Fedorious grew tired of this scheme (remember, Victus had been indirectly controlling Fedorious' men) and brought him to his downfall and sent him to be exiled to Paxia. He was to initially remove the councilors and name himself Emperor, but he was brought down.

Being exiled to Paxia is to forcefully place him there, but Fedorious (who should appear significant because he is a named NPC in my history) has other plans for sending him there.

quote:

Edit2: Oh! I forgot! It's very important! TJB, you say your character is ambitious. What does he want, exactly? What are his goals? That's very important.

He has his own personal goals that will take form as the RP continues. I don't want to say much, I fear other characters will metagame and use the information against my character. Is that okay?

< Message edited by TJByrum -- 4/25/2013 14:33:28 >
DF AQW  Post #: 15
4/25/2013 14:50:25   
jerenda

I LOVE the siphon ability. It is my new favorite. It is evil and awesome and I love it.

Thank you for that excellent explanation of the backstory. It makes things much clearer. As long as you know what he wants, that's perfectly reasonable. :) I will wait for you to edit in the new power.

One thing that you might want to keep in mind for future characters is this: these powers and abilities he has are a little bit disconnected. They seem kind of weird and random. Our lovely darkness mage, to use Riffus as an example, has powers that are derived from and powered by darkness. This makes sense and fits with her theme of being a darkness mage. I don't really know Victus got these powers and why he has these specific powers. In the future, making a character who has a solid theme will make them stronger overall characters. Make sense?
AQ DF  Post #: 16
4/25/2013 14:54:27   
TJByrum

Sure Jerenda, always room for improvement! Also, added in new poer; you'll see my shortswords can be turned into energy sniper rifles. :p jk, but I changed them.

And I am sorry, I completely neglected the mention here my powers come from. Will edit that in. My powers are derived from the 'psionic' type of thing like Starcraft, or 'biotics' from Mass Effect 3.

Also, the 'skirt' isn't like what you're thinking of. Think of a Roman Legionnaire.

Edit: What my shield would look like:
http://imageshack.us/scaled/landing/248/sfera.jpg

Edit1: Redoing backstory.

< Message edited by TJByrum -- 4/25/2013 14:59:50 >
DF AQW  Post #: 17
4/25/2013 15:16:34   
Legendium

Name: Orobus Dendarion
Appearance: Orobus is tall, skinny and muscular, and has a long distance runner's physique. His hair is dark brown and his eyes are green, flecked with gold. His face is often covered with dirt, and the remains of a tattoo made of ochre that stretches from his right eye to his left eye.

As clothing goes, he wears dark green shorts with a kilt-like thing covering most of his legs. His jerkin is a lighter green, and sleeveless. He has a belt made of many leather cords that keep his rather baggy shirt from catching on branches. He wears a dark green cape which comes in useful when blending in to forests to be unseen. It is the same color as his shorts and kilt-thingy.

He also wears wooden armor studded with iron and painted with yellow ochre that looks like gold. His gauntlets, knee-pads, and pauldrons are thick wood with iron studs which will block a sword blow but stagger Orobus. He has various leather armor pieces around his body as well. His shoes are made of leather and he keeps leather straps on his elbows, because he couldn't find the time to make elbow pads out of wood.

His double bladed spear and blow dart are almost never without him.
Race: Human
Clan: Geoto
Morality: Good

Abilities/Fighting Tactics:

Shape-Shifting:

Shape-Shifting is perhaps one of Orobus’ best skills. His power over controlling the form of his body is his primary weapon and most useful skill. Orobus must first learn to think like an animal before he can become it, which renders his pick of forms dependent on his memory. If he forgets the way an animal thinks, he can no longer become it. Knowing little about an animal can halfway change him. Luckily, Orobus has a pretty good memory, and as such, has five animals which he can change into very fast without having human parts left. I’ll list them later. The two main problems with Orobus’ shape-shifting powers are that he has a limit, and staying in a form gives him some of the negative aspects of these animals. A day is the maximum he can stay in a form.

-Raptor: Having spent time on an island with various giant scaly lizards, Orobus has acquired the forms of many great beasts. The Raptor is one of them. The Raptor is a red lizard which stands on two legs and runs very fast. It’s not very strong though, but it can carry a person on its back at the cost of reduced speed. It’s claws and talons are razor sharp and quite long, but it’s teeth are too short to do much aside from rip flesh from something that can’t move, so when it comes to a fight, the Raptor’s teeth are nigh useless.

Orobus uses the Raptor when he’s hunting a foe. The Raptor left its mark on Orobus, by making him slightly more agile. However, it also left him partial to half cooked meat.

-Jupiter Man-Trap: This creature is without a doubt the most outlandish of Orobus’ forms. It’s a plant-like animal that usually waits for its prey to come to it. When it moves, it must uproot itself, so tht it can lope around using its various vines and roots as legs. Its giant mouth is the most fearsome though. Thorns ring its lips, and in the inner chambers of its stomach is a deadly acid. When unaware prey comes by, it unleashes the bile/acid, melting the poor animals to sludge so that they’re edible for the beast.

Orobus almost never uses this form, and would gladly forget about it, but unfortunately, the memory of almost being eaten by one is rather hard to forget. Needless to say, they are useful sometimes, when causing heavy destruction from afar is necessary. Since he hardly ever uses this form, it hasn't left a mark on him, aside from being able to understand plenty about camouflage.

-Kroxigor: The Kroxigor is the true power of Orobus’ arsenal. Gigantic, filled to the brim with sinewy muscle, and above all, colored BLOO, the Kroxigor is not a force to be trifled with. These giant hunters are not as fast as the Raptors, but they can pack quite a punch. Their scales allow them to punch things without truly hurting their hand, so punching a hole in a stone wall is not beyond their power. With a big enough stick in their hands, they can easily squash an opponent. Their heads are similar to a crocodile’s, but the rest of their body is humanoid. However, with strength comes clumsiness in the case of Kroxigors. They tend to rely on bulling over the enemy rather than actual skill in a fight.

Orobus tends to use these when a large amount of destructive power is needed in a short amount of time. They’re also good at breaking down obstacles and throwing heavy items, so the Kroxigor is in general a good all-rounder in a fight. This form hasn't left much of a mark on him, because the headstrongness that comes from the Kroxigor is nullified by the caution of the next form. However, he sometimes gets fits of rage from the temper of the Kroxigor, in which he loses all control.

-Coroxis: The Coroxis is a distant cousing of the Kroxigim, with less muscle and better eyesight. The Coroxis is similar to the Kroxigor only in its humanoid shape though. Even then, their backs tend to be hunched due to the time they spend creeping around trying to go unseen. Their heads are less like a crocodile’s, and more like an iguana’s. They even share the crest of spikes that run from their brows to their neck. Their eyes are big, and all the same color, and they even possess an extra set of eyes on the back of their head, set slightly wider apart, giving them near 630 vision. Due to time spent creeping around a lot, they are very stealthy, and make good assassins, for when the raptor doesn't cut it.

The Coroxis is Orobus' favorite form. Cautious and alert, they reflect on him very much. The main mark left on him by these was nullified by the head-strong aspect of the Kroxigor, although this creature also refined his nose by a lot, enough to be able to smell fresh water from a mile away.

-Daktyl: The Daktyl is a flying lizard that can spit fire. They are similar to the Pterodactyls of old, but they are slightly smaller, covered in horns and teeth and as afore mentioned, they can spit fire. Most tend to be shades of green and orange, with bone colored horns. They’re eyes are pure black.

Orobus uses the Daktyl as a quick getaway from nearly certain death, as a long range flaming catapult and every now and then to carry something long distance fast. The strength of the Daktyl is enough to carry one person on its back, but it won’t be able to get very far with that person. Therefore, the Daktyl is also used by Orobus to carry allies out of danger’s path. The only thing the Daktyl has changed with Orobus is that he has a preference to attacking from above. Hiding in a tree and jumping down on the enemy and such.

Fighting Abilities:

In combat, Orobus tends to be cautious, which is both a blessing and a curse. He won't fall for feints very often, but when there's an opening that isn't a feint, he might think that it is, and lose a chance. He tends to dodge about as a primary means of defence, and trickery and the use of the environment as a weapon (i.e. while running from mounted eney, he could knock his enemy off with a low branch) are part of his fighting style. When he can, he'll just poison an enemy from afar with his blow dart. Since he doesn't carry poison around with him, he tends to resort to smearing nearby poisonous plants on his darts. Which results in a lot of people getting scratchy necks from poison ivy darts.

Double-bladed spear fighting: Orobus' main weapon is his double-bladed spear. During his time on the island, he had to get food somehow, so sneaking up from behind to poke his dinner with a stick was how he fed himself. He also had to defend himself from predators, from which his fighting style came from. He's very good at fighting animals due to this, but humanoids aren't outside of his expertise.

Blowdart: Later on, he created a primitive blowdart to fight predators when they we chasing him. There were many highly poisonous plants on the island, so he just had to smeared his dart on whatever plant convenient and brought the predator down.

Survival Skills:

Due to his time on the island, he became very good at surviving harsh conditions. His hunting skills with his spear are good enough to get food, he can track decently as well, and he can find water just by sniffing the air. Plus he knows how to treat wounds. He can heal a small wound with the right plants over the course of a day, but major wounds will take up to a week with the possibility of death. He tends to leave healers to that job, but if wounded and alone, he can probably fare. Probably.

History:
For most of his life, Orobus was a member of the Geoto clan of Paxia. He lived with his family in a village near a forest where lots of animals were. He was interested in almost everything to do with animals, but he especially like lizards. Once he even brought one home to the village, but the other children freaked out and later, they started calling him reptile. He wouldn't have minded much if they hadn't started throwing dried cow dung at him. So since then, Orobus liked hanging out in the woods alone. It was there that he learned about his gift of shapeshifting; one day he had tracked a salamander and started thinking about what it would be like to be one. Soon, after five days of tracking the same salamander, he was able to turn into it. He had been bewildered at first, because the "Flee flee flee!" of the salamander's mind easily dominated his. But he eventually won over the salamander's instinct, and started adopting the forms of as many animals as he could. He had never told any of his family about his power though.

The turning point in his life was when he, by accident, throttled his sister. That day he had been in the woods for quite a long time, hunting and observing a very large snake that probably could squeeze the life out of a grown man. He had already seen it bring down a deer, so he set his mind on acquiring the snake’s form. By then it was late enough for his family to start worrying about him, so his father sent his sister to look for him. Unfortunately for her, she arrived at his location as soon as he had transformed into the snake. And even more unfortunately, the snake had a stronger will than him. And the snake was hungry.

He blacked out before the snake could finish the meal though, and when the village guards found him blacked out next to his dead sister, they suspected the obvious; they believed he had killed his sister. The village leaders had him trialed and convicted to spend the rest of his life on an island full of monsters. And there he lived. And were it not for his unique ability with animals, there he would have died. He spent his time there brooding and observing the various hunters and prey of the island, and after thirteen years he was able to turn into the Daktyl, whose shape brought him home. But when he returned to his village, he found it burnt to the ground. So he travelled to Geoto, to find out who had done that to his home. He found out it was the Beast, and swore to do all he could against it. And so there he is now, in Geoto.

Personality:
Generally quiet, and shuns people when he doesn’t need their help. This does not mean he will act mean to people when meeting, but he generally keeps conversations short and quiet, which leads to people often thinking that he doesn’t like them. In general, he has one major rule in life: Survive. He spends all of his time thinking about how to keep breathing. His main flaw in this theory is that he considers diplomacy and politics to be unessential to survival. This will probably be his downfall.

< Message edited by Legendium -- 6/19/2013 15:03:19 >
DF MQ Epic  Post #: 18
4/25/2013 15:19:21   
TJByrum

I tried to fix my character, but I think I broke him. :s

He's just really... messy now...

Sorry, I always create warriors, never do I play as magic-based characters. I tried my best.

Actually, I find the character quite poor. I will create a new bio, but with similar abilities. Sorry Jerenda, for any trouble I may have caused.

< Message edited by TJByrum -- 4/25/2013 15:20:59 >
DF AQW  Post #: 19
4/25/2013 16:22:08   
jerenda

Oh dear, don't hurt yourself TJB. Just do your best and I'm sure it'll be fine. :)

Sweet, shapeshifters! I'll check out your bio in a bit, k? For now you should note that your image link is broken. :)
AQ DF  Post #: 20
4/25/2013 16:29:31   
TJByrum

Name: Victus Arrelius
Race: Human
Physical Appearance: Picture. Victus stands 5'8 and has an athletic body build (not to muscular, but not to skinny either). He has Caucasian skin color, but his face and arms tend to stay tanned by being in the sun.

Armor: Victus wears a red traveler's robe over his body. He has burgundy leather boots underneath, as well a padded undershirt.
Weapons: Victus has two shortswords.
Other: Victus has a leather belt around his waist.
Skills: Victus is agile, quick, and cunning.
Abilities: Victus is trained in the use of psionics (supernatural magic).
Hallucination - Victus can create an alternate image of himself or others. It looks exactly like the target, and acts exactly how Victus perceives the person acts and can even simulate conversations as Victus would think they would. The image cannot physically harm anyone and will dissipate when 'injured', however most enemies become confused and are pressured into defending themselves when attacked by the apparition. This image can be re-summoned as soon as it is destroyed. When referring to the illusion, their name will be 'Apparition'.
Confusion - Victus is able to boggle the mind of an opponent. For a few seconds they will become momentarily confused, lost, and dizzy, as if they have been stunned.
Siphon - If not performing strenuous actions, Victus is able to siphon the very stamina from a person's body, eventually draining them to the point of fainting. The Siphon ability would take about fifteen minutes for someone to pass out, and about eighteen minutes for a person to die. Below those timeframes, the person becomes increasingly tired. The siphoned energy can then be channeled into Victus himself, or cast at an ally to strengthen their abilities or revive them if they passed out.
Barrier - At it's most powerful and energy-consuming state, Victus is able to produce a spherical shield around himself and allies that wards off magical attacks. Otherwise he can form more weaker, smaller barrier-like force-fields in front of him to deflect melee attacks (this ability simply replaces my shield, a common piece of equipment I have in other RP's).

Morality: Good, however he may work alongside anyone given the benefits.
Plot Relation: Victus has come to Paxia to unite the clans and defeat the Beast. However he is somewhat ambitious and seeks further goals.
Personality: Victus is cunning and ambitious. He will do anything, kill anyone, and destroy whatever is in his way to achieve his goals, whatever they may be. However, given his carelessness for others, there may yet be honor within the man. He values his closest friends and will go out of his way to aid an ally, and even feels a sense of brotherhood alongside fellow warriors. He has been described a 'clever snake'.
History: Victus was born a slave under the great king Fedorious, who had conquered his lands decades prior to his birth. The Oracle, appointed by Fedorious himself, singled out the child and requested he be raised in Fedorious fortress, and the wish was given. The Oracle taught the boy for many years. She taught him how to create apparitions of himself, to confuse others, to siphon the life forces and even create protective barriers: all necessary abilities to serve as Fedorious shadow-walker. At age 14 the boy showed promising skill and finally was adopted by Fedorious, whose wife had failed to have children yet. Fedorious immediately ordered the boy to be trained, not as a soldier but as a sole warrior, someone who could hold his own in combat without needing many allies. At age 24, Victus was ready and Fedorious placed him as his Shadow-Walker, a title bestowed upon only to the King's most trusted and secretive advisor.

For the next twelve years Victus would serve his master. Confusing and boggling the mind of his rivals, weakening them to the point of senility, and convincing them to turn a blind eye to Fedorious. Through him he managed to expand Fedorious kingdom. He also proved a valuable bodyguard, defeating many assassins and badnits with is exceptional combat skills and being able to defend Fedorious with his barriers.

Fedorious has conquered much land and now sets his eyes on Paxia. He has dispatched Victus to work his magic, but can he succeed?

< Message edited by TJByrum -- 5/10/2013 21:22:55 >
DF AQW  Post #: 21
4/25/2013 17:12:00   
Riffus Maximus

quote:

... I'm going to pretend that sentence makes sense.

Heh, I meant that Max (my previous character), was supposed to be myself incarnated into your RP. So, if I create a character who is Max’s right-hand woman, you might as well say she is kind of my fictional subordinate (unfortunately, Shilverase doesn’t exist on the Nocturu’s roll call).

quote:

Woah. That is... a very... erm, scandelous young woman. Someone should tell her to put some clothes on

I’ll try as hard as possible to not make her lose more clothes during battles. Please be indulgent and not make anything that’ll rip them off.

quote:

I think she should need to stand in the shade at the very least. There is always darkness in the world, but I think she should need to seek it out and stand in it. That way getting rid of the shadows is an effective way to stop her spellcasting.

I believe it’s something that can be easily be added to the bio to balance out her powers. Consider it added to the bio.

quote:

First off, I thought this was a woman. Maybe she's a crossdresser? Second off, I fail to see how this makes her (or him) more powerful. I mean, black people are awesome, but I don't see how they're innately better. :P Oh, wait, nevermind, I see. Also, that is a painful spell cost (I mean, I winced when I read it), but the main problem with it is that there is no immediate cost of using this ability. She could use it for the entire duration of the entire RP and suffer no immediate side effects. I mean, sure, she'd probably die right after the RP ended, but that doesn't matter to the other players who have to try and defeat you during the RP. See my complaint?

I must be honest here, NightHunter was first designed for a male hunter-like character I wrote before somewhere else. I haven’t noticed the mistake when I adapted the power to Shilverase. Second, that’s a very personal view of how magic is used, I see darkness as channels linking the real world to the Elemental Realm of Darkness. When she stands in complete darkness, Shilverase opens herself to the Darkness Realm and absorbs the raw energy of the plane into her body. Since it’s raw darkness energy being absorbed, she can use what she has absorbed to make her spells more powerful. I would also like to believe that absorbing raw magical energy has an effect of the physical body as well, but you better be judge of that and agree or not on this. I figured that the ability’s cost was a right price to pay, as it is most logical to me that a human body is too fragile to handle so much raw energy in itself. I see your point for the duration though. At most, I think she could stand about 10 minutes in that form. Does that sound fair? After that, she would feel completely exhausted and not be able to cast spells and move around much. If it's too much of a hassle, it's something that I have no qualms removing from the bio. I feel like it is somehow unnecessary to physically boost a mage-like character, though the magic-boosting aspect of this ability is what mainly interested me.

quote:

Oooooh, can you cut light? That would be awesome. ^_^ I think we need a limitation on this Darkness Weapon ability - how about a size limit to the weapon and the rule that she can only have one if not surrounded by darkness?

Cut light? Aren’t we ourselves cutting light in a way when wearing black? I admit there isn’t much explanation on Darkness Weapon, that’s simply because it was designed to be a fairly simple ability. I figured the biggest weapon she could manage to do with that is a halberd. Of course, it’s such a simple ability that I haven’t thought of making more than one weapon with it. Mind that this ability is the only one that has nothing to do with the surrounding darkness. It’s just a spell that allows her to summon a weapon aligned with elemental Darkness.

quote:

So... her friendship with Max is strictly platonic? Strictly? I like where she's at in the plot - I always feel uncomfortable trying to lead Nocturu with NPCs. You guys are so weird and I never know what to do with y'all. :P I may actually put Max back in this plot (just because I can't resist a love story [yes I have decided that I ship them]), but I will consult with you should he get to start doing stuff again, okay? :D

Funny thing is that I imagined it to be some sort of a one-sided romantic relationship between them. Basically, Max is the one who is unaware of Shilverase’s growing feelings. I imagine developing this relationship could be fun to do.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 22
4/26/2013 1:18:22   
Legendium

quote:

For now you should note that your image link is broken. :)

Ah, crud. I'm a fix that later, but for now, if you go to that page, follow these steps: Click the red button on the main bar that says warhammer. Then click the plus sign on warhammer armies. From there click on wood elves. From woodelves, click on "Core Units" and then pick the lowest model. That should be him. But I'll fix it later.

Fixed, history added, so on so forth. Somehow I don't feel as if I did my best job with the structure, but, yeah. I also don't feel fully confident with him either. I suppose I can work on that later, but getting concrete feedback on a first draft would be welcome. Adding a bio format would probably be good, for the people who like having a structure to base things off. I think I can dig around in y old Rise of Lord Frydae RP, I think I made a good structure there.

< Message edited by Legendium -- 4/26/2013 14:19:46 >
DF MQ Epic  Post #: 23
4/26/2013 17:39:55   
TJByrum

Must fix history soon... sorry Jerenda! I have a good story for him, just not a good origin.
DF AQW  Post #: 24
4/26/2013 22:03:54   
jerenda

Okay. Let's get some work done.

@Riffus

quote:

Second, that’s a very personal view of how magic is used, I see darkness as channels linking the real world to the Elemental Realm of Darkness. When she stands in complete darkness, Shilverase opens herself to the Darkness Realm and absorbs the raw energy of the plane into her body. Since it’s raw darkness energy being absorbed, she can use what she has absorbed to make her spells more powerful. I would also like to believe that absorbing raw magical energy has an effect of the physical body as well, but you better be judge of that and agree or not on this. I figured that the ability’s cost was a right price to pay, as it is most logical to me that a human body is too fragile to handle so much raw energy in itself. I see your point for the duration though. At most, I think she could stand about 10 minutes in that form. Does that sound fair? After that, she would feel completely exhausted and not be able to cast spells and move around much. If it's too much of a hassle, it's something that I have no qualms removing from the bio. I feel like it is somehow unnecessary to physically boost a mage-like character, though the magic-boosting aspect of this ability is what mainly interested me.

Okay, I will agree that I have sometimes-limited views of how magic works. I think that the limitations you proposed would be perfectly acceptable. Ten minutes is a long time in-battle, but it shouldn't last more than one battle, or less for an extremely long battle. I also feel it is unnecessary to physically boost a mage, but I'll leave it up to you to decide on that. One thing that's important to know is how long her exhaustion will last after she leaves the Nighthunter state. A day? A week? An hour? She'll want to be back up and moving and you need to know you're playing fair.

quote:

She can only have one Darkness Weapon at all time, unless the summoned weapon was has dual-wield property upon casting.
I'm afraid I don't fully understand what you mean by that second phrase. Could you expound a bit?

quote:

Funny thing is that I imagined it to be some sort of a one-sided romantic relationship between them. Basically, Max is the one who is unaware of Shilverase’s growing feelings. I imagine developing this relationship could be fun to do.
I am made of win.

quote:

I’ll try as hard as possible to not make her lose more clothes during battles. Please be indulgent and not make anything that’ll rip them off.
You were here when that vampire scandalized Bella, right? So... while nothing *I* make is specifically designed to destroy fabric, I cannot promise anything. =D

Ah, I don't have time to do anyone else at the moment. Legend, link looks fab. Sorry I haven't had time to look at your charry yet. :) TJB, I like the common theme you created in his abilities. I thought of another question about his siphon ability - does it work passively on those around him whenever he isn't doing anything strenuous, or does he have to turn it on?
AQ DF  Post #: 25
Page:   [1] 2 3 4   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Role Playing] >> Role Playing >> RP OOC >> Ruins of Paxia II OOC, Closed
Page 1 of 41234>
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition