Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =ED= May 23rd, 2013 - The Dread War

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: =ED= May 23rd, 2013 - The Dread War
Page 4 of 7«<23456>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
5/24/2013 0:41:21   
SouL Prisoner

Lol .. looks like this is the story of every player :D
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 76
5/24/2013 0:43:56   
TRizZzCENTRINO

not true at all, I'm nor legion or exile and i like both weapons :P

< Message edited by TRizZzCENTRINO -- 5/24/2013 0:45:06 >
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 77
5/24/2013 2:11:46   
Scyze

Personally, I don't like the new promos. I just don't like the design and the whole idea of it. Also, I was expecting different versions not the same re-colored design. I'll understand if that it was done because it would make more sense but come-on, you need to stop being lazy from now on. If you run out of ideas, there's heaps of good suggestions I like that could be in-game.
I hope that there's also new designs of the Exile/Legion Soldiers as well. I don't care if it's the same pose or the same design, I just want better looking things in-game as it seems to be a dressing up game.

Anyways, I like the design of the War and how it will turn out to be. I won't play after a certain date since I care more about life than a game. (At my age though.)
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 78
5/24/2013 2:28:30   
kosmo

im still quite sure that the balance changes are a goony's idea.....

< Message edited by kosmo -- 5/24/2013 2:29:20 >
Epic  Post #: 79
5/24/2013 5:02:42   
Ranloth
Banned

Goony has spoken about passive to active skills before, yes. But the idea was around for a while, not only Goony himself but many people have suggested it in the past. It just wasn't feasible at the time.
AQ Epic  Post #: 80
5/24/2013 5:23:39   
Mother1

@ neos

Seems to be a dress up game? As the game is now it is 80% dress up 20% dueling. With everything being the same Epic duel has become dress up my little warrior. Especially with so many new items that look different but don't have cores to give them individually.
Epic  Post #: 81
5/24/2013 5:33:05   
Thylek Shran

@Incredible Hulk

quote:

O_O. I'm not getting the storyline....

All I know is Neris made her hair shorter too look like Anya so is there two anyas?
Since I don't se if Anya got shot since she is a 'she' not a 'he'. Taryn must have got shot then.
So that means neris will try and make anya betray exile....

Neris = Anya. Its the name she received from Calissa after Neris killed Taryn.
So she is receiving a new identity for whatever reason and also cut her hair for this.

The ingame Anya has short orange hair, so it seems like she also dyed her hair from
black to orange later. The story in the design notes is in the past.
Have you noticed that Neris spelled backwards = Siren ?

I wonder who her female Exile Tech Mage partner named Calissa is.
Maybe a new NPC that is getting introduced. Looks like that Calissa is
the wife/partner of the Exile Leader.

I thought that Anya is a member of the Legion like Hank. But maybe both
also work for the Exile. At least Anya (formerly known as Neris) does.

< Message edited by Thylek Shran -- 5/24/2013 5:39:07 >

v.35.3 (2016-01-23) ~ beam.to/shran
DF Epic  Post #: 82
5/24/2013 5:53:37   
King FrostLich

quote:

Although not all passives will be converted to active skills this release, eventually we would like them all to become active.

Oh great...

quote:

Making Deadly Aim and Blood lust into active skills will just make those two skills just as useless as many other blood mage skills why waste a turn activating those two skills that does no damage to the opponent or will boost any kind of defense or resistance.

Tactical Mercenary, bounty hunter and tech mage gets badly hurt in this update too. No need to mention every post about Blood Mage over and over again.

Now, before getting this implemented how about increasing the amount of stat points for every class? Sure passives now turn into actives but some skills are boosted based on stat points and now requires mana to be used if this is the case.
Epic  Post #: 83
5/24/2013 5:58:11   
Thylek Shran

As far as I understand only the new energy gain for Mercenary and maybe Hybrid Armor become active skills ?
I dont think that the skill tree will grow so one skill has to be replaced by the energy gain skill. Sure it will be
the unloved Adrenaline.

quote:

Now, before getting this implemented how about increasing the amount of stat points for every class? Sure passives now turn into actives but some skills are boosted based on stat points and now requires mana to be used if this is the case.

That would be a bad idea because stats have become much more powerfull with Omega since the
HP bonus got removed (1 stat point = 2 hp). People just would invest additional stat points into stats
instead into HPs and EPs. The only thing that could help with this would be separate pools for HP/EP
and stats but it would lead to even less build choices.

< Message edited by Thylek Shran -- 5/24/2013 6:07:17 >

v.35.3 (2016-01-23) ~ beam.to/shran
DF Epic  Post #: 84
5/24/2013 7:50:50   
Ranloth
Banned

Since the plan for today's release doesn't include all passives getting changed to active but some, I'd hope it'll be either the 2ndary passives (SA, DA, etc.) or primary (passive Armors, Reroute, BloodLust), so they won't cripple classes as much at once. If they changed Reroute and passive Armors, we'd see BMs and BHs dominating for a whole week at least, so this is probably the best solution.
AQ Epic  Post #: 85
5/24/2013 7:58:03   
Noobatron x3000

^ I think if this awful idea is to happen at all. They should wait and do them all at the same time rather then split them up. Or they could create more balance issues then their probably already going to.
Post #: 86
5/24/2013 8:00:49   
Ranloth
Banned

I've already said all at once & to take time to avoid imbalance (look at 1st page), but if they are so keen on getting it out today then I'd love a delay and do it in tiers (primary and secondary, as explained) instead of mix n' match. Remember, we've got more Testers for past few weeks. These are more or less, active players.
AQ Epic  Post #: 87
5/24/2013 8:06:38   
Noobatron x3000

What worries me is the amazing track record this game has with beautifully balanced releases.When it comes to the simple changes let alone the game breakers.
Post #: 88
5/24/2013 8:09:12   
Ranloth
Banned

Just watch players tell Devs to hurry up - if there's a delay - and rush the whole balance process. :maybe
AQ Epic  Post #: 89
5/24/2013 8:11:46   
odsey

@Trans That's what happened with Omega. Funny thing, most people want the old phases back when they want Omega to be fast.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 90
5/24/2013 11:01:47   
ansh0

quote:

there's heaps of good suggestions I like that could be in-game.

No one even cares.
Epic  Post #: 91
5/24/2013 12:56:58   
LatinLover/Martini

Sorry let me try and get this cleared..
Since skills are turning active I have to waste my turn using reroute or bloodlust WHILE COSTING ENERGY? What is the purpose of this. Nothing.
AQW Epic  Post #: 92
5/24/2013 13:06:16   
ND Mallet
Legendary AK!!!

quote:

I wonder who her female Exile Tech Mage partner named Calissa is.
Maybe a new NPC that is getting introduced. Looks like that Calissa is
the wife/partner of the Exile Leader.

She's dead. She was the love interest of Oz.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 93
5/24/2013 13:30:27   
beastmo

This balance change is just going to ruin the game..... not that its already not ruined
Epic  Post #: 94
5/24/2013 13:35:07   
LatinLover/Martini

^
I agree. Noone will waste a turn using reroute or bloodlust. Using reroute as an active skill is like using static charge...
AQW Epic  Post #: 95
5/24/2013 13:36:37   
beastmo

As of right now I think its going to be CH as the new OPed class?.
Epic  Post #: 96
5/24/2013 13:53:37   
Bloodpact

@Latinlover

obvy they thought it out to where it wont last one turn...
bloodlust and reroute are bound to be like 5 turn buffs or something of this interest.

BUT! lets hope at lil to no cost.
Epic  Post #: 97
5/24/2013 14:22:55   
caser5

I see this passive to active transition hurting Tactical Mercenaries the most, they would have to waste two turns turning on armor and reroute then hope to have the mana to use an effective surgical strike, TLM's are the most tank-oriented class so using turns to enable their passives would enable opponents to deal excellent damage, unless they don't use reroute and become an old-fashioned merc with less damage output...

I guess we'll have to see this in practice as it will have implications on every class.

Curiosity Killed the Cat
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 98
5/24/2013 14:51:59   
Xendran

quote:

I agree. Noone will waste a turn using reroute or bloodlust. Using reroute as an active skill is like using static charge...

If they let me fully redesign how reroute works, i could make it into a very useful active.
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 99
5/24/2013 15:43:53   
LatinLover/Martini

quote:

BUT! lets hope at lil to no cost.

It will probably be another 33 energy point skill that increases with something unrelated
AQW Epic  Post #: 100
Page:   <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: =ED= May 23rd, 2013 - The Dread War
Page 4 of 7«<23456>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition