Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: Static Smash is NOT op

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Balance >> RE: Static Smash is NOT op
Page 2 of 2<12
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
6/11/2013 20:26:03   
Bloodpact

Just cuz this skill makes the Merc's overall closer to balanced doesn't mean
the skill itself is balanced, it's is a bit too strong and when they nerf it they
really got a lot of buffing work to do on Merc. ( All the blockable's + useless passive )

Got to wait for the passive --> active update tho

All the new OP and UP classes are going to be in a jumble.
Epic  Post #: 26
6/11/2013 20:54:26   
toopygoo

agreed with blood there:
the CLASS isnt OP, just one single skill. Like Trans said, lets bump down the percent regained a little, and leave the drain on par with the old method.
AQW Epic  Post #: 27
6/11/2013 22:01:46   
  Exploding Penguin

You're arguing that a single skill in the class is not OP by saying that merc as a whole class is not OP. Just because the class wielding the skill isn't OP, it doesn't mean that the skill isn't OP. Many people think blood commander is OP as a buff as well, not just static smash.
Epic  Post #: 28
6/11/2013 22:35:40   
toopygoo

Nah, support builds are not OP, Bounties just dont happen to be too good against them.
[tactical] Mercs generally fare well, unless critical galore, but in most cases, they have a counterbuild. a heavy drain can do the trick.
AQW Epic  Post #: 29
6/11/2013 23:10:13   
Bloodpact

Yeah support merc or tact merc is fairly easy to counter....
anyone who says differently needs to take a 2nd look at their build...

And Blood Commander is not op, nor will it ever be considered as much by "The Masses"
It is simply way better then FC.
Epic  Post #: 30
6/11/2013 23:32:27   
GearzHeadz

I'm not saying its OP because it isn't counterable, I'm saying its OP because some of the other classes don't have an attack that can compare to the power of it.
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 31
6/11/2013 23:34:02   
Bloodpact

its power at no cost might i add ^^ :p
Epic  Post #: 32
6/11/2013 23:37:00   
GearzHeadz

Take a look at the hunters multi, if you boost it up with the same amount of dex points as the mercs support points, its still significantly weaker than the artillery strike.
That's why I'm saying its OP.
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 33
6/11/2013 23:45:21   
Mother1

@ gearkeadz

Do you have numbers to prove this?
Epic  Post #: 34
6/11/2013 23:47:54   
GearzHeadz

I do. If a bounty has 148 dex, dex is what its multi skill is increased by, it does 73 damage. If a merc has 148 support, support is what its multi is increased by, it deals 76 damage.

< Message edited by GearzHeadz -- 6/11/2013 23:59:22 >
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 35
6/12/2013 0:02:44   
toopygoo

at the same time, dex improves survival chance by blocking more, and increasing defence. support does neither of these things.
AQW Epic  Post #: 36
6/12/2013 0:04:58   
GearzHeadz

Yes, but is easily countered by an unblockable energy. Mercs also have a weapon, an unblockable at that, that improves with it their stat, hunters do not. And it increases damage output by increasing critical chance.

< Message edited by GearzHeadz -- 6/12/2013 0:07:32 >
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 37
6/12/2013 0:09:47   
Mother1

@ gearheadz

Dex abuse builds also counter a merc's multi as well. I remember when support was the newest stat to abuse during the GYT dex abuse builds were used to counter them. Not to mention we also have the nanotech steel core which weaken's crits effects by 8% plus they also nerfed the extra damage crits do as well unlike with block and scaling of Dex like they did with support scaling.
Epic  Post #: 38
6/12/2013 0:13:24   
GearzHeadz

I see your point, and it does make a lot of since but I just feel that a support build offers more advantage to a merc than any other high stat skill offers to other classes.

< Message edited by GearzHeadz -- 6/12/2013 0:14:58 >
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 39
6/13/2013 15:18:12   
kellum12

Static smash is a little OP. Every one here keeps referring back to reroute and how mages can get energy back even when there enemy has no energy unlike merks. But they seem to forget that if this mage who has no energy gets energy back from being attacked, a mercenary will just taking his energy and doing it over and over again. Hi str mercenaries can easily take over 25 energy. This makes the game a little one sided when fighting one on one or even in two v two.
Post #: 40
6/13/2013 16:06:59   
toopygoo

there are easy ways to counter mercs "OP" skill as you say:
one: buy a ninja reflexes core: you will block 4% more frequently, and mercs cannot reduce your block rate.
two: increase your dex.
three: we can only drain one in 3 turns. try a stun blast with an aux
four: can be put out of commission with firefly bot
five: you can drain us too, with a variety of cores and mages have more ways of regaining energy than mecs do, so if they cannot manage this, its their own fault.
six: azraels will
seven: in 2v2, they can be intimidated by another merc to reduce drain amount

seven fairly simple and common ways in which it can be countered. i Guarantee one of these will be available in every battle you play. when and how ou use it is up to you. this skill has a high conversion rate yet, it will get fixed soon, so dont fret. if youre a mage and cant counter static smash, then i feel sorry for you. you have reroute, you have assimilation (unblockablel) you have a regernator core. mercs only have static smash (blockable, so always a risk) and they have regenerator core.

also, feel free to spend your energy before a merc uses it.
AQW Epic  Post #: 41
6/16/2013 17:01:14   
kellum12

Okay, i see what u are saying but even though there are ways of countering u take high amounts of energy at one time. Our assimilation takes on average 13. That combined with re route of the time of 2 rounds is about 18 or 19 energy depending on who you are fighting. when we have that amount a str mercenary takes it all at one time. then 1 turn later we use assimilate on 13 energy. Two turns later when we have almost enough to use a decent move u take it all again. On your easy ways to counter mec "OP" moves some are complete garbage. #1 Now u think hard about this one 4% increase doesnt really help at all. #2 increase our dex, that defeats the point and locks us into a def type build. #3 stun blast?????? very low chance of success. #4 pyro fly special ability is completely random and only between 3 highest skill. Merks don't run around using it max. So that doesnt work at all. #5 It's an ok thought but u can still use the move so no point and wasting time on core when i could be attacking. #6 one turn move lol this probably wont win me the match. #7 in 2 v 2 intimidate runs out then the merk will use it. So as you can see these ways really don't help. P.S The move is OP.
Post #: 42
6/20/2013 11:55:25   
kosmo

I think the skill at the moment doesnt help out mercs enought.It all turns in how a class stands with no energy left, even if skills where balanced, in the moment you have no energy left the only skills that decide the battle are passives.I believe that remooving them completly would make the balance process much easier.
Epic  Post #: 43
6/29/2013 0:57:22   
kellum12

Well ok then I dont care if they dont do anything with the move ill just become a merk cause i cant beat them. I mean seriously my mage is lvl 30 650 more wins than loses now i lose to almost every merk i fight this is crap. I mean as much time as i spent into this account im just gonna have to give it up. I was in one fight both merks have static max they use it on me and take all of my energy in their 1st turns thats complete trash. Then i use my crappy assimilation and they just use gun core to take the little that i gained back. But i use my gun core the same as them and they still have 25 of the 38 energy that he took from me. I mean i dont care about the move as long as it was along as it power was along the lines of assimilation but it is 3 times stronger which is dumb. Also to Kosmo i cant believe u said that like are you serious???? You think it's not strong enough. Can't believe you just said that. But i would love to see the Developers to remove passive moves that would ruin mercenaries lol.
Post #: 44
6/29/2013 3:17:45   
Jekyll

I believe it is not OP.

Assimilation does the same thing, but also does damage, so the energy-steal is lowered.
Furthermore, it takes a turn to use, without doing any damage. Until the day passives become active, I don't see a reason why Static Smash is OP.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 45
6/30/2013 17:12:18   
ED Divine Darkness

GearzHeadz is so right. and TLM only needs and unblockable version of atom smasher which takes 87% or something. this might give a little something to revive tlm str builds cause i dont see many anymore.

Edit: kellum12, if u always lose to mercs that means ur build is countered by SS. or your build is just rubbish. mages>mercs. mages dont hav high energy costs cos they dont need their moves highly lvled. try using a tec caster build kellum12.

Bounties arent weak to support merc. well the tank build i use isnt weak to most things.

< Message edited by ED Divine Darkness -- 7/2/2013 15:22:39 >
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 46
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Balance >> RE: Static Smash is NOT op
Page 2 of 2<12
Jump to:

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition