Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =DF= Guardian Discussion Thread

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> RE: =DF= Guardian Discussion Thread
Page 18 of 22«<1617181920>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
5/6/2015 18:57:59   
WornDogma

I like this revamp for Guardian.It can't do anything super duper stellar but does everything pretty good which is a good place for a hybrid to be.
Post #: 426
5/6/2015 19:07:50   
Emrys

I'm not sure if this glitch is due to the guardian armor, but twice when wearing it and I transported using the book 1 shortcuts it placed me in the upper left corner of the screen (only my characters's feet could be seen) and I couldn't move. Has anyone else had this problem?

< Message edited by Emrys -- 5/6/2015 19:08:28 >
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 427
5/6/2015 20:44:27   
Mystical Warrior
Helpful!

Just logged in again and see that there's an update to the armor, now the blind is in Ray of Light, although its not spammable like before, we can now loop a defensive play on the class which goes like Vortex -> Guardian Shield -> Ray of Light.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 428
5/6/2015 20:44:39   
flashbang

@DarkLore I'm pretty sure the new gear is free.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 429
5/6/2015 20:46:50   
GreenGuy23

@flashbang Wait, they're out? If so, where are they?

*sigh* back from a break (left around February or so?), been a while.
Forgive my ignorance of recent events, please.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 430
5/6/2015 20:48:36   
Mystical Warrior
Helpful!

@flashbang and GreenGuy The Guardian Helm and Cape isn't out yet, although when it does, it'll cost gold and will be located in the shop with Guardian Blade to make things easier for the staff instead of coding it to unlock when you're done training the class
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 431
5/6/2015 20:49:41   
flashbang

@Mystical Could have sworn Ash said it would be free.

Not that it matters. I kinda prefer the gold it costs.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 432
5/6/2015 20:50:59   
Mystical Warrior
Helpful!

@flashbang I think what Ash meant by free is that it won't cost DCs since we actually paid real money in another game to gain access to the class and other stuff in this game.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 433
5/6/2015 20:53:01   
flashbang

That would make sense.

That profile pic of a Guardian really fits this thread.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 434
5/6/2015 21:14:53   
DD.CLYDESTER

Lol now I'm just waiting for friday to come :D
DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 435
5/6/2015 21:16:55   
Mystical Warrior
Helpful!

@DD Clydester If what you are waiting for is the live release, it'll be until next week, since the testing phase last 2 weeks. Although I'm not sure if the Helm, Capes and Static Guardian Blade (with the new art) will be released this friday since there was really no actual announcement regarding on its release date
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 436
5/6/2015 21:45:55   
DD.CLYDESTER

@Mystical Warrior, ohwell, I'll just wait :D btw, where can I get defender's medal? I'm gonna train my other character as a guardian now lol
DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 437
5/6/2015 21:48:51   
Mystical Warrior
Helpful!

@DD Clydester As of now, seeing that there's no war, the only quest is Fire Over Oaklore quest. Specifically the one with the mini-game that you chain bomb monsters
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 438
5/6/2015 21:50:36   
DD.CLYDESTER

Thanks bro! Is there other else though? :) It's laggy in my old laptop soo I'd like to fight monsters lol

< Message edited by DD.CLYDESTER -- 5/6/2015 21:53:42 >
DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 439
5/6/2015 21:54:41   
Mystical Warrior
Helpful!

IIRC there is no other place to get DMs aside from that quest and wars. So you will have to make do with that quest
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 440
5/6/2015 21:58:44   
DD.CLYDESTER

haha okay, thanks anyways :D
DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 441
5/7/2015 0:34:49   
LouisCyphere

With the change in the Ray of Light, my usually defensive loop is Ray of Light>4 turn of damage>Vortex>Ray of light
We can also have more options with it. You can either start with Heroes or Ray depending on the mob. Have we encountered an enemy with a resistance to both Light and Dark?

Oh. And Guardian Heroes got an update. Its much faster. Though, two of the ghosts have their arms leveled on their waist while charging through the mob. I like the other one where he is pointing at the mob. But I think variety is better.

< Message edited by LouisCyphere -- 5/7/2015 0:52:30 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 442
5/7/2015 0:52:42   
Mystical Warrior
Helpful!

@LouisCyphere Well that's a very minor thing now, unlike before when the skill actually make your gameplay lag while the skill is being cast.

I just hope the jumping shield crash animation is brought back in Guardian Rage, after the shield push animation, so we will just remove another hit from the repeated sword slash.

So the animation will go like:
12 alternating up and down sword slash -> Shield Push (the one similar to Awethur's Fury/Nightbane Poison animation) -> Jumping Shield Crash (The one used before the update).

Honestly can't get enough of those shield attack animation since we only have 3 classes with Shields (Guardian Included), not to mention the other 2 (DL and EDL) only has 1 shield attack animation IIRC
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 443
5/7/2015 3:26:19   
Sakurai the Cursed

@DarkDevil -
quote:

actually it's additive so it ends up as 100% whatever it's used with as long as you attack, GD will do 325% and rage will do 305%

This is false. I don't know if it's supposed to work like that or not of course, but currently it works like almost all other forms of Boost (Ascendant's passive being the only exception I can think of off the top of my head) and multiplies your damage by 1.25. So Brasca's math is correct.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 444
5/7/2015 7:28:29   
DarkDevil

hmm....testing it confirms you were right, i guess i should stop joining the dots and test every inch.
AQ Epic  Post #: 445
5/7/2015 7:37:28   
DarkLore

Just to clarify when I asked ash what the price ranges would be, I already knew the Guardian items would be going to cost gold. I was just hoping they would be relatively cheap.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 446
5/8/2015 10:23:18   
LouisCyphere

Once the armor goes live, will the fixing stop? I might be the only one asking for this but Time Core Edge can't switch elements while wearing the armor. I would apologize in advance if this is asking too much.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 447
5/8/2015 10:25:56   
Mystical Warrior
Helpful!

It's why the staff gives us two weeks to test the armor before it goes live, so that we have enough time to discover stuff that won't work with the class, as for the switch element thing, I think Ash already mentioned a few pages back that he will be doing something about it.

As for fixing, it won't stop, so as long the issue is detrimental to the game, however if its stuff like art that doesn't really affect gameplay, it'll be done when they have the free time
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 448
5/8/2015 10:33:22   
Ash

quote:

Just to clarify when I asked ash what the price ranges would be, I already knew the Guardian items would be going to cost gold. I was just hoping they would be relatively cheap.

You can take a look at any of the revamps that got helms and capes to get an idea of how much those will be. The scythe will cost the same as the current one in the shop.

quote:

Once the armor goes live, will the fixing stop? I might be the only one asking for this but Time Core Edge can't switch elements while wearing the armor. I would apologize in advance if this is asking too much.

I worked on that yesterday, didn't get far enough to call it a fix, but once Friday hits all other work I do stops for main release work in and around my actual job and school if I have assignments. I also don't have hours upon hours every day to work on stuff as I have a real job and that's taking priority now that my final projects for the semester are turned in. I work on things as they show up and working down a list that I have during the few hours a day that I assign to doing AE things. It'll get worked on, you just have to understand that I have to prioritize not only these, but also main release work, and ALL of the MQ work I have to do. If it gets put off till next Wednesday because of that it will, but I'll see about getting it fixed all the same. You have to have some patience.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 449
5/8/2015 10:38:30   
crabpeople

Awethur's power flows though you!! 25,2k! AWEsome!

The class is really good. Great defense and fairly good offense (must be around the 200%-300% wep damage/turn on average). While the skill breakdown seems to tell you that this class might have cd problems, it actually doesn't. Well you might have 1 or 2 deadturns (forced to press the attack button) if you ignore the mp/hp and shield which if you do so, you're not using the class properly due to the fact that it's an hybrid and not an off. class.

EDIT: When I mention dead turns is when fights last for long like 15turns+ so it makes reference to tanky or healing type bosses. Most classes have 14 skills after all :)

EDIT2: Yes each attack of spiral carve attempts to stun so it tries to stun 3 times. Ninja/pirate/SH/Technomancer/RW/Ascendant have 2hit+ stuns (some dc classes lke pyromancer have multiple hit stuns aswell). It might be counterproductive making new bosses have an even higher immo resist (for the ones that arn't intended to have 100+ immno resist).

< Message edited by crabpeople -- 5/8/2015 10:55:57 >
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 450
Page:   <<   < prev  16 17 [18] 19 20   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> RE: =DF= Guardian Discussion Thread
Page 18 of 22«<1617181920>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition