Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =DF= Guardian Discussion Thread

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> RE: =DF= Guardian Discussion Thread
Page 19 of 22«<1718192021>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
5/8/2015 10:43:16   
Mystical Warrior
Helpful!

@crabpeople In most cases, the only skill you won't be using to much is the Guardian Shield when it comes to normal battles, since Vortex is enough to give you a 1 turn defense while buffing your damage. Not to mention Spiral Carve is a great defensive skill given that you have 3 tries to stun (since each hit tries to stun) the monster if they have immunity to stuns, dunno if its supposed to work that way though since its kinda OP IMO.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 451
5/8/2015 10:48:20   
LouisCyphere

Thanks Ash! I understand your priorities. Anyways, you have done a wonderful work on this class and the others so thank you again.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 452
5/8/2015 13:14:41   
Shadows Morgenstern

Nevermind Awethur's power flowing through the new guardian class, I'm pretty sure it flows through Ash and his time management skills. RL Chronomancer confirmed.

Your signature has been removed because Photobucket replaced it
with a third-party hosting notice that was too large for the forums.
DF  Post #: 453
5/9/2015 13:22:49   
Lordk0z

Just did the new Yulgar quest and I have a mostly non-spoiler thing to mention.

It seems the Guardian's face doesn't work well with smiling.
Post #: 454
5/9/2015 13:29:08   
GreenGuy23

@Ash will there be a way to switch out the current Gurdian Blade for the new one, or will we just have to buy the new one?
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 455
5/9/2015 13:29:52   
Mystical Warrior
Helpful!

@Lordkoz Already pointed that out some pages back, like when the character is supposed to be frowning or smiling its like he has a moustache or something, if you guys want to see what I mean, you can try doing the final quest in tomix saga since that cutscene has alot of close up on the character face.

@GreenGuy Ash already said that the new art will have a separate item in itself with static damage, so yea, you will have to buy the new Guardian Blade separately, here's the quote and link to it:
quote:

There's going to be two versions of the weapon in the shop. One, with the old art, that has the old random ranges. The NEW art will be a totally new item with static ranges so that you can choose which type of range you want. I wanted there to be options and since this class already had the weapons I can give a second option now.

< Message edited by Mystical Warrior -- 5/9/2015 13:37:12 >
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 456
5/9/2015 18:45:48   
GreenGuy23

Would it be possible to lower the mana cost or give an extra hit or something for Awethur's Power? It's kind of a useless attack if you don't hit the 1%.

EDIT: Nevermind.

< Message edited by GreenGuy23 -- 5/9/2015 19:02:12 >
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 457
5/9/2015 18:48:48   
Azan

It's 150-250% damage if you don't get PWD. This means you'll always do more than normal attack damage and may do more than 2x normal attack damage. I think it's very good as it is.
Post #: 458
5/9/2015 18:52:53   
Shadows Morgenstern

@Greenguy23: It's far from useless as Azan pointed out, full power attack with crit is a LOT of damage if you haven't gotten it yet. Full power I mean the 250% attack not Awethur's power.
DF  Post #: 459
5/9/2015 19:01:16   
GreenGuy23

Aaah I didn't know it was doing extra damage. I thought it was doing just an average amount of damage.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 460
5/10/2015 4:03:04   
Spidercliff

Love the class. It looks sexy. The art style, the color depth, and the shading are all professionally done and marvelous. Really shows how far the game's design has come when you compare older art with more updated art.

One thing though, the chat bubble for getting your mana back kinda ruins it. I understand it's good to have some way of letting someone know how much MP they got back but the chat bubble is just too simple in that it stands out compared to the armor, it's skills, and the environment. I suggest making it like Chronomancer's Mana Steal attack in the same way that shows how much mana you got back. This is only a graphics/text suggestion, I think the skill itself is fine. Although, it might be nice to have it deal like 20% damage to HP and the rest remains the same. Guardian from what I'm seeing in this preview is very mana heavy so gameplay wise it's nice to "last hit" a weak enemy that has like 1-30 HP with a mana regen move, again such as Mana Steal.

< Message edited by Spidercliff -- 5/10/2015 4:07:27 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 461
5/10/2015 10:55:46   
DD.CLYDESTER

Overall, the class has a nice defensive and offensive hybrid stats. It makes battle with bosses a little longer but more fun since you'll really have to use most of the skills. lol so 10/10, thanks ash :D

Btw, just a suggestion, is it possible to make the shield have a blocking sound whenever the monsters miss or whenever we parry or block? :)
DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 462
5/10/2015 15:20:11   
lordmastersupreme

Is the guardian blade getting a revamp too?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 463
5/10/2015 15:36:50   
Ash

quote:

One thing though, the chat bubble for getting your mana back kinda ruins it. I understand it's good to have some way of letting someone know how much MP they got back but the chat bubble is just too simple in that it stands out compared to the armor, it's skills, and the environment. I suggest making it like Chronomancer's Mana Steal attack in the same way that shows how much mana you got back. This is only a graphics/text suggestion, I think the skill itself is fine. Although, it might be nice to have it deal like 20% damage to HP and the rest remains the same. Guardian from what I'm seeing in this preview is very mana heavy so gameplay wise it's nice to "last hit" a weak enemy that has like 1-30 HP with a mana regen move, again such as Mana Steal.

The way that Chronmancer does it is not the ideal way to actually show stuff. It can be done but I can attempt to adjust it over to that. Also no to the HP hit. Not if it's to retain as much Mana Healing as it is right now. The point of the skill isn't to be a last hit, it's a direct mana drain. You're not targeting health at all but the foe's mana.

quote:

Btw, just a suggestion, is it possible to make the shield have a blocking sound whenever the monsters miss or whenever we parry or block? :)

I'll look and see. No promised as that can end up tricky to do properly.

quote:

Is the guardian blade getting a revamp too?

quote:

There's going to be two versions of the weapon in the shop. One, with the old art, that has the old random ranges. The NEW art will be a totally new item with static ranges so that you can choose which type of range you want. I wanted there to be options and since this class already had the weapons I can give a second option now.

This was quoted on this same page. Please make sure to at least check the current page and the previous page as most likely what you want to know has already been asked if it's art related.

< Message edited by Ash -- 5/10/2015 15:43:14 >
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 464
5/10/2015 15:37:25   
Frost Moglin

@lordmastersupreme: It won't get a revamp, but a new version with ranges like 60-60 will be added in addition to the current ones
Edit: Ninja'd by Ash
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 465
5/10/2015 15:45:48   
lordmastersupreme

Thanks ash and frost mogiln ^^. And sorry for asking it again without reading everything.

Im glad to finally use guardian to battle strong enemies, it is the class that most transcends my personality. I also feel better with its hybrid aspects.

< Message edited by lordmastersupreme -- 5/10/2015 15:59:53 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 466
5/11/2015 0:44:35   
Mystical Warrior
Helpful!

Looks like the jumping shield crash animation is back for the Guardian Rage skill, now it really gives off a finishing hit like feel, although it would also be cool if the shield push animation was retained and adding the jumping shield crash at the end. Although I'm still well satisfied all in all
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 467
5/11/2015 2:17:18   
DD.CLYDESTER

Thanks Ash :D oh and lastly, will the guardians get a special title in their character page just like doomknight or nah? :)

< Message edited by DD.CLYDESTER -- 5/11/2015 2:47:10 >
DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 468
5/11/2015 3:23:16   
Snakezarr

Hey ash minor nitpick but the old armour had plus 5 light and dark could that be added back?
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 469
5/11/2015 4:14:17   
LouisCyphere

Time Core Edge and UDASoE can now freely switch elements! Thanks Ash!!
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 470
5/11/2015 8:04:55   
Brasca123

thanks for constantly hearing our suggestions and fixing all broken stuff ash, you're the best!
AQ DF  Post #: 471
5/11/2015 9:02:17   
Ash

quote:

Thanks Ash :D oh and lastly, will the guardians get a special title in their character page just like doomknight or nah? :)

Not that I'm aware of. If it wasn't stated at the armor's release then it most likely won't be done now.

quote:

Hey ash minor nitpick but the old armour had plus 5 light and dark could that be added back?

That's on the original Guardian's armor slot in the DB. What you're using to test is a completely different slot. When I replace the old version's file with the new version's file in that slot then you'll get that.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 472
5/13/2015 5:18:52   
Lordk0z

This is probably too late, but it seems bacon isn't the best pick for the Dragon's element. The original Dragon's element "Harm" is regularly not affected by resistances. While bacon is fairly uncommon a resistance, your average rose manahunter takes half damage.

Wouldn't a element less common like "Good" and "Evil" be a better pick considering it's rarity?
Post #: 473
5/13/2015 5:34:03   
dragon_monster

Or void or nothing?
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 474
5/13/2015 6:04:30   
Mystical Warrior
Helpful!

Well the general knowledge for the Guardian Dragon's breath attack is that nothing can resist it. So the best element will the one used by the Grand Master Sword, since that has no classification, so no monster can resist it except if they have the All resistance.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 475
Page:   <<   < prev  17 18 [19] 20 21   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> RE: =DF= Guardian Discussion Thread
Page 19 of 22«<1718192021>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition