Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: Has Epic Duel Reached its Peak?

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: Has Epic Duel Reached its Peak?
Page 7 of 7«<34567
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
8/19/2013 21:45:56   
goldslayer1

quote:

@ Goldslayer1

Ouch that was harsh big time with the not caring line.

But the staff saw this problem, and that is how they dealt with it. Making NPC unlimited so players could have that luxury of being fully powered up before going into battle. Wanting lower levels to battle at anything but their best just because you who been through it already want to keep getting NPC wins IMO is very selfish.

its like chosen said, the new players dont know how easy they have it, so they shouldn't be complaining.

and call it what you want.
but more people liked and played ED when we had NPCs.
and now less people like and play ED without NPCs.

why aren't you so quick to call "selfish" when the devs release some OP item for promo only? (azrael gun for example)

< Message edited by goldslayer1 -- 8/19/2013 21:48:55 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 151
8/19/2013 21:46:14   
Chosen 0ne
Banned

@Mother
The lower levels don't even use the NPC's. Nobody NPC's because it doesn't add to your wins.

Whens the last time you heard someone say, It's time to NPC!
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 152
8/19/2013 21:48:58   
Dual Thrusters

@Chosen

I NPC during Power Hour for 100% wins =D
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 153
8/19/2013 21:49:49   
Chosen 0ne
Banned

@dual
Thats an interesting thing that I think I'm gonna take advantage of in about 10 minutes...
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 154
8/19/2013 22:00:30   
Mother1

@ goldslayer1

All promos (with the exception of Promo items) will be seasonal rares with means in a year they will be available for all.

Also even though I am not a beta player (like most of the 'Veterans' in the forums') I remember the struggle of being a non varium trying to get decent gear.

NPC awarded even less when I was coming up through the levels, and having to save up to buy gear only for it to become worthless later due to leveling up while gaining credits for it wasn't fun either. Players back then would have to risk their records to get gear only for it to become worthless later due to leveling up. Back then I wish they had unlimited NPC that I could have farmed to get whatever gear I wanted without the fear of leveling up.

Plus when I was doing the hold heartbreak mission for 2K tokens that involved NPC I had to wait 4 hours to complete that mission due to the limits on NPC due to them counting as wins. The same could be said of other missions where you had to fight for a mission drop only for you not to get and have to wait another hour just because they were limited. As it is now I can fight until my heart's content for mission drops and not have to wait an hour to try again (unless you have varium to brainwash which was only available to Varium players)

@ Chosen

A proper tutorial could change that. You and Goldslayer1 even said it yourselves you didn't NPC grind at first because you didn't know about it. Think of how many lower levels would do so if they actually had a tutorial telling them this.

Also to answer your last question, when they need credits and don't want to destroy their records due to being underpowered, scammed (their fault but still valid) or are trying to get mission drops from NPC while earning credits while doing so.
Epic  Post #: 155
8/19/2013 22:07:31   
Chosen 0ne
Banned

@Mother, I always knew about NPC'ing. I didnt even know how to challenge other people till I was level 6...
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 156
8/19/2013 22:15:10   
Mother1

@ chosen

All the more reason why I said they should have a more in depth tutorial for new players. Why they didn't have that sense Epic duel Alpha (AKA the beginning) is baffling to me. I myself had to learn the game the hard way with all the lack of depth tutorials as well as many others.

When I play with my lower level alts, many players tell me they didn't know this and tell me they wish there was an in depth tutorial or guide to help them with this.
Epic  Post #: 157
8/19/2013 22:17:25   
Chosen 0ne
Banned

I agree with you 100% that Epic Duel needs a tutorial. I just don't agree with what the devs did to NPC's. And to be prefectly fair, I'm pretty biased towards NPC's giving wins because if they didnt, I wouldnt even be here right now.
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 158
8/20/2013 1:04:11   
kaiseryeux21

while typing this, there is only 312 players online on 1 server. How ridiculous was that.
DF Epic  Post #: 159
8/20/2013 1:07:53   
Mother1

@ Kaiseryeux21

at this time seeing that many people on the sever is a little below normal, but it is around the numbers I normally see for this time. Remember many players are sleeping around this time.
Epic  Post #: 160
8/20/2013 1:38:37   
goldslayer1

quote:

at this time seeing that many people on the sever is a little below normal, but it is around the numbers I normally see for this time. Remember many players are sleeping around this time.

312 is pretty low, even for a monday.
if this was delta it would have around 700-800 players at this time.
maybe there's a decrease in the Asian community.
AQW Epic  Post #: 161
8/20/2013 12:01:20   
Lord Machaar

The thing is, games on the web browser improved A LOT unlike ED, just take for example RS or tankionline, I mean who expected to play a 3D game on your browser, not mentioning ED's neighbour, Legend of Lore (AQ3D). The thing is, games are improving in a way that make them 2 types: the elites, and the underdogs, and as you can see, ED belongs to the second group.
Advertising plays a good role also, you know how much new players enter the web each day looking for now games?
But as you can see AE advertise for it's upcoming game and AQW only, forgetting about their other games... If you invert AE, which other suck company you will get? EA, well done.
MQ Epic  Post #: 162
8/20/2013 16:00:52   
Mecha Mario
Mechanized Plumber

Gave this thread a chance, but its not going anywhere. Locking this thread for a variety of reasons which are listed below:

quote:

• No "Financial" Discussions
    Artix Entertainment appreciates every player, no matter how much he or she has spent on the game. Demeaning players because they have not upgraded, or vice versa, will not be permitted in any form. Since such discussions tend to devolve into flaming, we will no longer permit users to create threads about any sort of financial status. That means no Varium vs Non-Varium threads, no Free Player vs Paying Player threads, no threads about the unfairness of Varium prices, and so on. Anything related to finances will not be allowed. If you are unsure if the topic would be acceptable or not, ask the head moderator for permission before creating it.

• quote:

• No Spam/Whining Threads
    Please do not post in a thread unless you have something to add to the topic at hand. Do not post off-topic chatter, do not role play, and please make your post simple and easy to read by avoiding things like oversized font, unnecessary colors or all caps. In addition to refraining from spam, please refrain from creating threads with the sole purpose of complaining about things in the game, such as lag. Well-reasoned discussions will be permitted, as always, but threads that exist purely to complain and whine will not be allowed, as these threads are prime targets for flaming and trolling.

• quote:

Remember that all posts in these forums must provide constructive criticism. To help you with this, follow the advice below. Remember, this rule applies to ALL forums in the AEF, not just ours!

quote:

Constructive Criticism

• What is it?
    Constructive criticism is being able to process and offer your own thoughts and opinions in order to give courteous and friendly feedback. This is done by explaining what you like and dislike, while at the same time providing feedback that is useful. This is what separates constructive feedback from ranting/complaining and flaming.

• Does it help? How?
    Yes! Constructive criticism helps because not only are you giving feedback about what you don't like about a quest/event, but you're also giving feedback about what you DID like in the quest. Feedback could include on such topics as statistics, more dialogue, more explanatory cutscenes, more fights - everything that quests or events would normally include. This gives the game staff a better idea on future improvements.

• Example of Constructive Criticism:
    "I didn't partularly like this war because it felt too empty. To have made it better, I think the staff could have had a 50% cutscene to unlock rather than just a shop to progress the storyline. As it was, I personally was a little dissapointed that this war felt more rushed than previous wars, however I do understand that the staff had a lot on their plate when making this release.
    That said, I greatly enjoyed the boss fight, the animations and art fit perfectly with the song that was playing in the background. So while not one of the best wars DF have done, I still enjoyed it. Thank you, DF staff!"

• Example of Unconstructive Criticism:
    "I didn't like this war at all. What were the staff thinking? The items in the shop were ugly, overpriced and were bugged!! No cutscene? That was never done before and it is not how it should be done ever. Seriously, doesn't the staff ever listen to us?! The boss fight was too hard and took forever to beat :( And there was no sound. I dont think the staff even care anymore. Best war ever /sarcasm I hate this game D:<!"

• ALL of these can be found in the =ED= EpicDuel Discussion Forum Rules.

I advise everyone to read it, new and old alike. When finished reading it, re-read it. Make certain that you understand it. Then you may post in this forum accordingly. If you feel that you cannot post according to the rules, then I suggest to avoid posting altogether until such a time that you feel that you can.
    This advice will help prevent unwanted consequences.

DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 163
    Page:   <<   < prev  3 4 5 6 [7]
    All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: Has Epic Duel Reached its Peak?
    Page 7 of 7«<34567
    Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
    New Messages No New Messages
    Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
    Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
     Post New Thread
     Reply to Message
     Post New Poll
     Submit Vote
     Delete My Own Post
     Delete My Own Thread
     Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
    and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
    PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition