Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =DF= DeathKnight Discussion Thread

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> RE: =DF= DeathKnight Discussion Thread
Page 6 of 22«<45678>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
9/27/2014 7:40:00   
pitties

managed to farm 8 umbral essences and upgrade the weapon and helm! This is hard...
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 126
9/27/2014 7:40:15   
WHITE DRAGON MAGE

I've just been to see Sir Malifact and his Zeclem items are to die for, I suggest you all check them out.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 127
9/27/2014 8:01:34   
DarkLore

Technically the DA upgrade ones look just like the DC ones.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 128
9/27/2014 8:07:14   
Jorath
Advocator of Wills

The DA items have the exact same stats as their DC versions, if you don't have the DCs to get them without farming.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 129
9/27/2014 8:14:12   
DarkLore

Strange... When I check the lvl 60 DK Circlet it shows the required item is red. But I know I have the DA version before it.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 130
9/27/2014 8:17:07   
pitties

you aren't supposed to upgrade in stages...

you can skip from the lowest lvl 40 one to the level 80 DA ones with 4 umbral essences. you CANNOT go from one stage to another. only from the first to any other.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 131
9/27/2014 8:18:06   
DarkLore

*Facepalm* GREAT! Now I have to redo everything! I had the lvl 50 versions. Now I have to restart! RAGE!
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 132
9/27/2014 8:20:44   
Jorath
Advocator of Wills

You might have already upgraded yours. Each upgrade requires the base level 40 item and an amount of Umbral Essences depending on the level of the item you are upgrading it to.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 133
9/27/2014 8:23:48   
DarkLore

I did. But I didn't know they didn't progress like normal upgrades. Now I'm stuck with lvl 50 versions instead of 60 and have to refarm. Oh well. That's life.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 134
9/27/2014 8:43:53   
Paryas

I don't know if this has been mentioned before, but the DC Zeclem items and upgrade items are not exactly the same.

The only difference is that the upgrade weapons DON'T have extra WIS.
DF AQW  Post #: 135
9/27/2014 8:48:39   
Zeldax

The merged items DO have extra WIS. You just have to merge those items, then relog. Trust me, I thought the same but when I relogged, they had extra WIS.
Post #: 136
9/27/2014 9:28:18   
WHITE DRAGON MAGE

Do the Zeclem items enhance the death knights offence the same way the death knight items do?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 137
9/27/2014 9:29:31   
NatsuDragneels

^ Yep. Like Ash said.
DF AQW  Post #: 138
9/27/2014 9:55:39   
pitties

Farmed another 8 umbral essences and upgraded the cape and belt! Now just need to get the ring and necklace!
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 139
9/27/2014 10:38:22   
kingyugi4567

i love ther revamp of the death knight when can we actually save the class i love the skills love the art and everything
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 140
9/27/2014 11:02:30   
WHITE DRAGON MAGE

So what's the difference between the ones you get with dragon coins and the ones you get by merging essences?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 141
9/27/2014 11:04:06   
Lord Ferno

I have to restart! No stages! Ash please give us a hint next time...... or at least make it so that we can properly see the required items......
Post #: 142
9/27/2014 11:39:33   
mohamedashraf

Awesome ,at first deathknight was an ok class in looks and abilities but now i can't wait to make it my default class it completely crushes it's opponents while it heals ,allowing it to come out of the battle unscratched and thanks to my recent increase in mana skill points these last few lvls ,it's even equipped for long quests.

Thanks Guys

< Message edited by mohamedashraf -- 9/27/2014 11:41:13 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 143
9/27/2014 12:37:19   
pitties

WHITE DRAGON MAGE: no difference. the DA and the DC are the same. DC is meant to be a shortcut.

Anyways, finally managed to get all 6 items level 80! Took me most of the day but I got it. Now I have to get to level 80 before I can equip it xD.

oh and @Ash: when the cap raises to 90 and eventually to 100, can we have step upgrades from 80 to 90 to 100? Mainly because at the time of release those levels are not there yet, so anyone who got it now would have to refarm it again later...

< Message edited by pitties -- 9/27/2014 12:38:30 >
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 144
9/27/2014 12:44:33   
The ErosionSeeker
*insert cheesy pun here*

quote:

Disconnected in what way?

The text for stage 1 is
"Your necrotic presence rips into your foe!"

But then 2-19 is
"Your presence grows!"

The statement feels kind of awkward because your presence growing from there seems far underwhelming as compared to the "ripping into foe" message.
"The scars of your presence deepen!"
"The pressure of your presence intensifies!"
"Your power further tatters your foe's soul!"

After further testing, Reap seems like it hits too low for what it does (80%?), especially considering that Inspire Weakness has similar effects but also has a resist debuff on top of it. A counterargument could be that -50 crit is fairly ineffective against most enemies due to their low crit rates anyways.

Wait nevermind, Reap also gives you buffs. Criticism recalled.

Unholy Will is a 2 (or is it 1?) turn DOT with 0 damage and 7 cooldown. I think there's supposed to be an attack, but it doesn't trigger and effectively deals 40% damage over 2 turns.

Is it possible to make the DOT/HOT switch skill deal a hit? Like others have said, spending a turn on it doesn't seem very useful because it eats into a turn that could have been spent on using a skill that either heals you or deals more damage anyways.

< Message edited by The ErosionSeeker -- 9/27/2014 12:45:53 >
DF AQW  Post #: 145
9/27/2014 12:50:56   
Darius

Yay! I got all the Lv.80 DK items! It takes a total of 6 Undead Slayer Badges, and 24 each of Braughlmurk Bindings, Shadow Bone Shards, and Unlucky Doom Essences.

I feel bad for those of you who didn't read the previous posts in this thread, where Ash mentioned that these are not staged upgrades, and wasted your time grinding only to have to restart from the beginning.

For those of you not yet finished, I /cheer for you! GogoGO!!! You can doo eet!
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 146
9/27/2014 13:11:15   
Ash

quote:

Ash: Well at least someone noticed this time no?

Yes someone did. I need to find a new hiding place for stuff now.

quote:

Just noticed that they're... DC items. :C And considering how the default weapon is a sword, I'll never get that beautiful mace.

The new art isn't done so the default weapon you all chose hasn't been implemented yet. When the new art happens we'll figure out which weapon won the vote for the default weapon.

quote:

Life Steal is a bit OP IMO. I mean, 6% of your HP heal for 5 turns is amazing on its own (would be third best HoT in the game if memory serves), without the fact that it does that as damage as well. The DoT is also incredible, and is certainly better than enTropy and Pyromancer's many DoTs. You get this for 50 MP, not much at the sort of level this class is for.

It should be doing 5% per turn. I'll fix that when I fix the shield. (Trying to have a day off for once but it's not looking that way)

quote:

On Weaken, -50 Crit is a touch weird. It doesn't make much difference, since -40 Crit= 0 Crit. Either way, the enemy doesn't crit.

It's a bonus on top of the -30 to All.

quote:

I suggest a cooldown of 10 turns at least. Also, I would suggest 150 M/P/M coming down to 110 or so, to give enemies a chance to hit you.

That...should have had an 8 turn CD. *sigh* I hate crashes resetting work. 150 is fine as it's a tier 3.

quote:

Inspire Weakness should probably become a Boost debuff, -25 odd. If it was a blind, then Weakness-> Garb would be completely unhittable, and the Crit debuff would make hardly any difference were it -20 as opposed to -50.

Umm...Reap already is a Boost Debuff as well as a buff to you? This isn't a nerfing/buffing class so it's not going to stack the exact same effects on multiple skills. Besides -30 All is pretty much the same as an additional Boost buff to you and that's already closer than I wanted to get to stacking effects.

quote:

Will could maybe just have no Stun attached, and the DoT being less damage for 5 turns.

Unholy Will is Necro's Inspire Terror made better. You have a 50/50 chance of either stunning the target for a turn and making them hit themselves or making them hit themselves for 50% of their own damage. It's not meant to be a DoT by itself, it's the only way to get the "hit yourself" damage to work.

quote:

I don't know if this is just me or not but I don't think the garb skill isn't working properly against monsters that deal pierce damage even with 150 pierce def seem to bypass it easily as if isn't there.

Odd. The testers said it was working on Lon and Chaney. I'll check and see. It may just be a non capitalized P somewhere making pierce not affected by Pierce defense.

quote:

The statement feels kind of awkward because your presence growing from there seems far underwhelming as compared to the "ripping into foe" message.

I'll see if I can come up with another rewording.

quote:

Unholy Will is a 2 (or is it 1?) turn DOT with 0 damage and 7 cooldown.

See the above explanation.

quote:

Is it possible to make the DOT/HOT switch skill deal a hit? Like others have said, spending a turn on it doesn't seem very useful because it eats into a turn that could have been spent on using a skill that either heals you or deals more damage anyways.

It's quite literally switching between two passives, so you're spending your turn for that. Not only is it an engine problem, I balanced them both around that fact once I figured out the limits of what I could do. Switching a turn is counted in the fact that it saves your progress instead of resetting you to 1. Remember that a passive is an additional deal on top of the class. The button is only there because I wanted to give you all some measure of control over which to use.

< Message edited by Ash -- 9/27/2014 13:12:42 >
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 147
9/27/2014 13:33:10   
pitties

Ash, can you add a mana regen to the class even if it lowers the other moves's power? If it is a hybrid of necro and paldin, it should get pally's mana regen skill.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 148
9/27/2014 13:42:31   
Ash

No. Just like Master SoulWeaver you don't get all the goodies when you already have quite a few. Paladin shouldn't have had one to start with and only has one, as I said before in that thread, because the original one had it.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 149
9/27/2014 13:43:25   
tthorn4

@above I think at this point, the skills are finalized except for some balance and glitch-fixing issues. This is the final version of our skillbar, the skills themselves though? I dunno.
In addition, I'm pretty sure this is meant to be simply a mana-burner.

Whelp, I've been ninja'd.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 150
Page:   <<   < prev  4 5 [6] 7 8   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> RE: =DF= DeathKnight Discussion Thread
Page 6 of 22«<45678>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition