Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

I wonder how rage works in practice. (fair or not fair?)

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Balance >> I wonder how rage works in practice. (fair or not fair?)
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
10/8/2013 18:33:54   
santonik

Rage

Is the rage for the same in the two cases.

Have the same impact in Example

example 1
the opponent hits you, it gives rage. normally.

Example 2 opponent hits you. (you must smoke / Malf)

1 question whether both the same amount of rage attacker.

If you give so it's weird.

Why? Is it a bigger damage? or the opponent's weak defense. Or do both at the same time.

What works rage buff in with? I can not say for sure. but I suppose that does not. I'm gonna self-rage attack. but in the rage intake stroke.
This sort of thing surprises me, too.
I do blood Mercenary commander. Blood commander to give strength to 71. stregth will rise a lot. I assume that this would give me a faster rage. but I do not think that it gives. I may be wrong in this case. I know that the rage intake will pick up only the str-based attacks. the bigger the damage is bigger rage, is not it?

It seems to me that an attacker can get in this situation again benefit from the more rage. I know that the opponent's defense seems a lot of rage.

Rage whether the same before and after the debuff? In my view, the rage is distorted. How to? Think now of how the defense works. X amount of defense to provide a certain amount of rage. Then added to the debuff Z.
X becomes Z. This is gonna to this. Defensive player falls back. This in turn results in the offensive player's rage should go lower or stay the same.

I am surprised that this issue also rage.
How to support 38 player will get rage faster than
156support +4 lvl andrealine.

Match Of went like this.

Merc me (156support)
BM enemy (38 support)

Merc: i take blood buff commander
BM bludgeon
Merc: aux
BM: Gun / bludgeon
Merc: Artillery strike
BM: Heal
Merc: intimitade
BM has now rage?? happens few times. Normally they doing bludgeon / gun
Merc: force / special pride platinum / frost shard Normally i have the rage this point.
BM: Gun / bludgeon
Merc: aux. Sometimes it is only here in my rage.

In general, I win but I lose many times. everything is too much dependent on luck.
But the rage is the main thing.

I did this in part because I want to find out how rage works. Wiki told yes but I did not want to understand all of it from there. English is not my main language.

It may be that the word order or word may be wrong on some points.
translator tricks from time to time.
Epic  Post #: 1
10/9/2013 3:15:41   
martinsen5

I honestly have no idea how rage works and how/when it fills up.. but I do know it's really annoying when a BM uses bludgeon and then right after is able to rage their sidearm... I always thought you'd get less rage the more damage you do, and bludgeon often deals 49 damage to me, yet they can rage their next turn
AQW Epic  Post #: 2
10/9/2013 3:40:11   
Mother1

@ Martinsen5

That is only the case when you have low defenses. However if you have decent defenses they will gain more rage because they are attacking with high offense against your decent defenses. So in a nutshell is this

Offense (high or low) going against high defenses = large amounts of rage gained
Offense going against weak defenses = small rage gain.

Also Support does help with rage gain, but with the way it is now, a strength blood mage with low support can rage faster then most high support builds.
Epic  Post #: 3
10/9/2013 6:26:18   
kosmo

i dont get ur point at 100%, but u are right on rage problems;
since the game was relised rage is affected from misterious forces, all we can see is:

the more u hit, the more u gain rage
the more u get hitted, the more u gain rage
heal, drainers and buffs gain very little rage
debuff deals less rage than other skills or melee
support difference gives u more rage

i call theese misterious forces because they arent explained, we have no numbers on how they effect rage and in what %.
its not so hard to explain, so i would like someone to tell us how rage is really setted.

< Message edited by kosmo -- 10/9/2013 6:28:47 >
Epic  Post #: 4
10/9/2013 7:49:00   
Ranloth
Banned

ED Wiki comes in handy. It's all explained there, with examples included. No "mysterious forces" included but some math here and there: http://epicduelwiki.com/w/Rage#The_Rage_Meter
AQ Epic  Post #: 5
10/9/2013 10:30:43   
King FrostLich

quote:

I honestly have no idea how rage works and how/when it fills up.. but I do know it's really annoying when a BM uses bludgeon and then right after is able to rage their sidearm... I always thought you'd get less rage the more damage you do, and bludgeon often deals 49 damage to me, yet they can rage their next turn

Another common misconception of having more support means you will always get faster rage..... WRONG. If you get blocked or deflected depending on how much raw damage you were suppose to deal, the damage negated(add 10% of the negated damaged) is transferred to your rage meter so blocking a bludgeon from a level 35 strength BM with max bludgeon literally fills up more than one half of their rage bar. (The rage bar for a level 35 is 128 points)Support only helps gain rage faster when you are DEFENDING, when on the offensive it will ONLY depend on how much damage you deal so if you keep hitting low damage to your opponents, you get rage quickly and is more devastating when you have alot of strength. Here is perfect example:

Str BM:

Primary: 17 - 21 + 36
Bludgeon MAX(+18 raw damage to primary upon usage)
RNG: 72
Rage Meter: 0/128

You:

Dexterity 31-38 defense
RNG: 33

Let's say you blocked the attack, since block doesn't ignore all damage anymore, the strength BM only dealt 6 damage(15% of the damage) on you therefore the rage meter calculation for the strength BM is:

Damage Negated: 66 [(72 -6)]
Rage Meter Calculation (66 * 1.10) = 73/128[rounded off]

Let me repeat, SUPPORT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE STRENGTH BLOOD MAGE's RAGE METER increasing that huge, its the raw damage itself BECAUSE HE WAS ON THE OFFENSIVE and NOT DEFENDING AN ATTACK. As the defender, if you have the higher support advantage, you gain 29% maximum of the damage dealt by your opponents. If lower, you only gain 21% rage from the damage vice versa from your opponents.

< Message edited by King FrostLich -- 10/9/2013 10:33:36 >
Epic  Post #: 6
10/10/2013 3:54:10   
kosmo

^no common missconception, i just didnt know how the numbers wore working, looked for something on wiki, but i didnt find it so i asked here in forums when i sow this post.

and lol support gives u rage both when u attak or defend, just go and read carefully the link that trans posted.
Epic  Post #: 7
10/10/2013 10:13:11   
Vegafire

Let me insight you into the system put into place for rage, yes support and a merc's passive will increase the rate and abilities can steal it but, the higher the other persons defence = the higher rage gain for attacking player, and a block and deflect will give massive ammounts aswell, if you take into fact that a mercenary has passive armour so they resist a fair bit and the fact that bloodmages have high damage and support, the more damage your defence negates will give the other person rage, also hitting a player will gives slightly smaller ammounts of rage.

I don't know the exact numbers but I remember when the support and rage systems were re written and have a large amount of experience with rage, personally I keep my defences low, hp high and Damage high so I get sometimes 2 rages before other players
AQW Epic  Post #: 8
10/11/2013 21:46:58   
kosmo

i have a suggest on how to fix the rage issues;
we could change the rage dmg from defence ignoring to more dmg, i wil explain my self better, right now rage ignores a % of the enemies defences (like bunker),it could insteed gain a % more dmg (like meteor shower).

this change would give more defensive options, and solve the bloodlust question, since rage wouldnt ignore hibrid armors, making them 100% usefull on rage as bloodlust is.

rage was originally meant to give those dmg builds a way to get into tanks defences that dominated in the previous phases, but in omega, after the change to the hp scale rage has become a problem for balance, alot of defensive builds are now inaviable due to rage and cores as azrael will.
Epic  Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Balance >> I wonder how rage works in practice. (fair or not fair?)
Jump to:

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition