Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =ED= November 1st, 2013 - Patch Notes - 1.5.37

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: =ED= November 1st, 2013 - Patch Notes - 1.5.37
Page 2 of 3<123>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
11/1/2013 21:51:03   
Ranloth
Banned

It's not a nerf if it wasn't intended in the first place. xD
AQ Epic  Post #: 26
11/1/2013 22:00:59   
8x

quote:

I'm aware of that, but 8x said "they have to be used" which sounds as if they were unavailable from now on. Then my point still stands with the EP cost. :p

Never mind me, I forgot how they work. /facepalm
Epic  Post #: 27
11/1/2013 22:11:05   
Predator9657

@Trans. Would it be considered exploiting a bug if I made the most of Legion strike before the cost goes to 10 ^^
Epic  Post #: 28
11/1/2013 22:22:22   
Cyber Dream

Im loving this update!

Removed excessive smileys. Please do not use more then 3 smileys per post to avoid spam. ~Therril Oreb

< Message edited by Therril Oreb -- 11/2/2013 4:28:28 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 29
11/1/2013 23:47:52   
AQisFuN
Banned

Please note that:
Exile/Legion Strike deals 110% damage. If facing an opponent with the opposite alignment, it deals 110% Damage + 2 Damage.
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 30
11/1/2013 23:59:22   
GearzHeadz

Okay, my omega override costs 12 energy now... =s Not loving it, not what I paid for, but eh... What are ye gonna do.
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 31
11/2/2013 0:23:50   
DeathGuard

The energy cost for Azrael Will is high in my opinion(20 energy), while Omega's core costs only 12 energy and last for 3 turns >.>
With this update, I have seen than majority of players have changed to Strength Based Builds. This is getting sickening, it is all we can get now? -.-
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 32
11/2/2013 0:30:19   
CN2025

20 energy and making you strike and render all your other moves unusable for 1 turn etc ,field medic in an extremely dire situation like that its always worth the cost

especially because its so op before this update it balances all the cores nicely IMO

if you actually compare omega override to azreals will .its a debuff that last for three turns and the gun core skips ur turn by making you strike
each one has its own perks even though its a debuff that lasts for 3 turns its normaly around -22 while the gun instantly skips ur turn

< Message edited by CN2025 -- 11/2/2013 0:35:54 >
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 33
11/2/2013 1:32:29   
Noobatron x3000

The only thing I have to say regarding this release is no one should be surprised to see the servers hitting a all time low population wise.
Post #: 34
11/2/2013 3:35:47   
Mother1

Nice update in all, however thanks to this update the halloween weapons just lost their identity due to the limited use jack o fire core. I wander what other items will now hit the chopping block in the future.
Epic  Post #: 35
11/2/2013 5:35:24   
CN2025

its only rewarded from the last mission giving u 25 uses then you cant get it again unless you get the wep from snork
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 36
11/2/2013 5:54:05   
SouL Prisoner

I was always concerned when cores came out. Thinking that when or someday they might make it energy requirement to use it. And i guess the day came sooner then i expected...

AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 37
11/2/2013 6:01:01   
King FrostLich

I'm grateful these cores now cost energy especially to the overpowered azrael weapons. I wish people would just understand this for the sake of balance BUT not only that, more balance changes SHOULD be implemented for the RIGHT way.
Epic  Post #: 38
11/2/2013 6:51:27   
Jekyll

I got 2 Jack-o-fire cores. One from the mission, one from the arcade. Quite a waste of an arcade token, considering I already have the Spectral Reaper from 2 years ago.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 39
11/2/2013 6:54:47   
Ranloth
Banned

But people won't, because they got used to them being free and now they have to revise their builds and actually think before using a core. Main problem for them is Azrael's Will, because it's actually balanced now but also costs a fair amount of Energy.

If it was to cost 15 Energy, it'd just show the core is barely stronger than likes of Curse or Omega Override (13 and 12 EP respectably). 20 EP is fine. Think before you use, don't spam. The point of cores was to aid you, and now it's actually coming true - unless, of course, you'll just waste all Energy of yours on cores.
AQ Epic  Post #: 40
11/2/2013 7:00:45   
Darkwing

Even if I'm a BH, I must say I like this balance change, no more free skills. I won der if they would do this for robots too.
Post #: 41
11/2/2013 7:02:39   
Ranloth
Banned

I'd rather they don't, unless it would be a new Bot and introducing EP-costing Bot. Its special attack could be useable more than once, cost some Energy and deal good damage (100% for example) and have a nice effect attached to it.

But AFAIK, the change will only affect active cores on items - not Bots.
AQ Epic  Post #: 42
11/2/2013 8:07:16   
Calogero

So.... Balance = Slapping Energy costs on cores?
I wonder if they have thought about the classes with Reroute

Having a Signature is too mainstream
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 43
11/2/2013 9:15:59   
bei4

today in the morning i logged in and a red bar showed up with the text you are kicked from epicduel what does that mean? , am i banned? because i can't choose one of my chars anymore and if i am banned i don't even know why i am banned :( can anyone help me?
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 44
11/2/2013 9:18:34   
Scyze

The charge of Energy doesn't even matter that much to 'Glass Cannon' builds. They can Malfunction you, use Omega Override, Azrael's Will and then use their Auxiliary. I have no way to win when they do this.
Getting rid of the opponent's Energy might help but for Classes which cannot do this, they need to find a way around this.

I do like this change and I did want this to happen.

@bei4,
If you've been banned, you will not be able to log-in. When you're trying to log-in, it will tell you that you've been banned and the duration. If you cannot select any characters, either your Internet connection is slow or there's some server filter.

< Message edited by Scyze -- 11/2/2013 9:24:43 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 45
11/2/2013 9:23:45   
Ranloth
Banned

But remember, they also have less Energy doing so instead of using these cores for free. They have an upper hand when it comes to the EP cost, due to Reroute, but definitely not a big advantage, since their EP is still depleted and they cannot use all their cores as easily.
AQ Epic  Post #: 46
11/2/2013 9:31:39   
lionblades

THe energy costing cores is a good idea but has anyone noticed that STR-SUPP TM are not even affected by this?
After malf they have about 30-40 energy to spare for the azrael cores
AQW  Post #: 47
11/2/2013 9:32:36   
Scyze

@Trans,
I am aware of that. Even if you get rid of the Energy, if they have Reroute, they might be able to use the Cores in the upcoming few turns. Because the required Energy is low for a lot of Cores (10), you don't need to worry much if you have 0 Energy if you can regain Energy passively. (Reroute and Reflexive Boost)

The charge of Energy is fair in my opinion but it doesn't affect some builds. Cores now behave like a cheap version of Skills available to any Class.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 48
11/2/2013 10:20:50   
Mother1

@ Lionblades

Yeah I have since they only use their energy normally to malfuction you. Normally they have about 63 energy at the cap and a max malf will only cost them 32. That means they have 31 energy left to use their cores with if they aren't using reroute, and will still have more energy coming in from every attack if they do have reroute.
Epic  Post #: 49
11/2/2013 12:23:06   
DeathGuard

@Scyze: That's the main problem, it doesn't affects some builds/classes. About 95% of the players I have fought were Strength and Support Abuser which I had to stun in order to win, they used strength since it really doesn't requires any skill or massive energy to deal damage, giving advantage to such builds. Also this cores are making certain builds more risky and dangerous like SS, Massacre and SC builds.
Trans has a point in that cores aid to our builds but if some builds are unable to adapt with such, the builds who can use cores freely certainly get advantage over their opponents.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 50
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: =ED= November 1st, 2013 - Patch Notes - 1.5.37
Page 2 of 3<123>
Jump to:

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition