Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =ED= November 07, 2013 - Shameless Self Indulgence

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: =ED= November 07, 2013 - Shameless Self Indulgence
Page 2 of 5<12345>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
11/7/2013 15:07:54   
comicalbike

well its easy really play and carry on or give up np so no problem if they get it wrong we wait another week
Epic  Post #: 26
11/7/2013 15:10:27   
Darkwing

This change looks big, even bigger then when they removed enhancements and requirements. As a BH SA was luck based anyway, will miss bloodlust but I like the release, the battles should be more faster now.
Post #: 27
11/7/2013 16:54:16   
ReinVI

they really should consider giving players a one time class switch for free item or something... given what this balance update could possibly do to completely screw players over
it would be in there best interest to have some sort of contingency plan for if the update ruins a class ( like blood mage and there rather... nerfed state of no passives ) because
right now I have 20k or so creds if this update makes it to where I can only win 1/10 or so matches just because of how nerfed bm's are what chances are there that I will hit 50k to switch?
most people in that situation would just say screw it and leave.

So yeah I say they should give either a 'class switch' emblem or something that gives a 1 time free class switch or just 50k to everybody so if they need a class switch they can get one or
if they want to stay there current classes they will have a little extra income to splurge on a new shiny weapon ( which there are going to be this update ) only seems fair.. right? it's not like
it would be varium there handing out...

< Message edited by ReinVI -- 11/7/2013 16:56:34 >
Epic  Post #: 28
11/7/2013 16:58:26   
Wootz

^One time class change? Count me in! Cyber Hunter! <3

Anyway.
I'm feeling good about this update, probably the biggest change since Omega rolled in. And I'm liking it!
AQW Epic  Post #: 29
11/7/2013 17:02:37   
Mother1

I feel bad for those who haven't beat the newest bosses yet, cause this update I have a gut feeling with be a major buff for them, especially since with this update heal looping will be that much harder as well as the block rate for the hunter classes getting nerfed (since shadow arts won't be passive anymore)
Epic  Post #: 30
11/7/2013 17:10:19   
Synner

What will happen now to jugg?
Post #: 31
11/7/2013 17:15:23   
Ranloth
Banned

I don't think the Juggernaut will be the only one affected, since the two players fighting the Juggernaut will not have passives either.
AQ Epic  Post #: 32
11/7/2013 17:27:43   
lionblades

I just hope jugg wont be made to the point that it is impossible (the only reason I'm winning against them atm is due to a little luck and BL passive)
AQW  Post #: 33
11/7/2013 18:18:59   
AQisFuN
Banned

Mercenaries Static Smash would be OP as hell if they don't nerf it. They better do..
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 34
11/7/2013 18:41:06   
Mecha Mario
Mechanized Plumber

quote:

BMs don't have Energy draining nor return, and cores also cost Energy - heavily at a disadvantage if new passives will cost Energy.

Maybe Blood Mage's new skill (replacing Deadly Aim as mention on NW's twitter) might be related to one of the two. ^^

quote:

I feel bad for those who haven't beat the newest bosses yet, cause this update I have a gut feeling with be a major buff for them, especially since with this update heal looping will be that much harder as well as the block rate for the hunter classes getting nerfed (since shadow arts won't be passive anymore)

NPCs will be rebalanced if needed.
DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 35
11/7/2013 18:41:34   
Predator9657

quote:

they really should consider giving players a one time class switch for free item or something... given what this balance update could possibly do to completely screw players over

Yup. They're giving a free retrain, why not a free class change as well ^^
Epic  Post #: 36
11/7/2013 18:51:46   
beaststyles

All i know is that ABUSIVE builds of support and support/str have been given a buff. Since the already dont rely on defences but instead damage output, there damage output has just been increased. This is because support abusers will go first, and the other inocent build will have to wasre a turn to put armour or BL on. They will hit even harder since armour has gone for atleast the first trun. By than, enough damage has been done.

I just dont know what to say. Strugling to express myself properly but support builds have been given a buff.

Also i believe that passives created diversity in the game.

Oh well will have to wait and see. When is this update? I hope yhe update surprises me.:s

Beast
Post #: 37
11/7/2013 18:53:46   
Dual Thrusters

This change should have some interesting results.

I'm glad I'm a Cyber Hunter since Shadow Arts was luck-based anyway, and Plasma Armor isn't always reliable.
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 38
11/7/2013 19:09:26   
Chosen 0ne
Banned

I have bad feelings about the passives to actives update. I'm really not looking forward to it. I think it'll be weird seeing everyone use their passives on their first 1 or 2 turns and THEN use skill
debuffs.

Edit: I also hope they fix the solar spear bug.

< Message edited by Chosen 0ne -- 11/7/2013 19:12:42 >
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 39
11/7/2013 19:18:50   
Predator9657

quote:

I have bad feelings about the passives to actives update.

Me too. I'm hoping they delay it to next week for some reason or other - like they sometime do to updates - so we can enjoy our passives for a bit longer.
Epic  Post #: 40
11/7/2013 19:24:16   
Mother1

@ PRedator9657

This change was originally suppose to come before the dreaded war, which was more than 5 months ago. In fact this delay has been longer than the delay of anything else that was big even omega.
Epic  Post #: 41
11/7/2013 19:26:10   
Chosen 0ne
Banned

I will embrace this update even though I'm not sure how it's gonna be.

Sometimes you gotta take chances.
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 42
11/7/2013 20:03:33   
ReinVI

still think everyone should get 50k or a free class change item... offset the risk of making certain classes pretty much unplayable due to indirect nerfings and what not from this update... if they do that I can throw in some support for it but I still feel ( since i'm sure they won't do this ) like this is going to be a nail in the coffin.

< Message edited by ReinVI -- 11/7/2013 20:04:50 >
Epic  Post #: 43
11/7/2013 20:26:53   
white out727

@rein bro ur just repeating yourself, if they give a free re-class they will if not oh well you can adapt.

I think think this update will be good. Ima stay cyber for it i dont feel as thoe it will affect my max heal build at all cept my armor will go to +5 +5 instead of +10 + 0 :p

*MUNCH* exceeds 50 KB file size allowed. See the
Universal Forum Rules on Signature Guidelines.
http://forums2.battleon.com/f/fb.asp?m=17051283
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 44
11/7/2013 21:06:11   
Shajun Ki

that axe looks like it will be huge o.o
Post #: 45
11/7/2013 23:55:48   
Pemberton

This change is good. Passives were too strong and some passives scaled better at high levels. Players will have to use skills now instead of spamming attacks or tanking up and stalling.
Post #: 46
11/8/2013 0:23:24   
Dual Thrusters

Who knows, maybe this change might make passives (or ahem* new actives) stronger.

MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 47
11/8/2013 4:27:49   
Ranloth
Banned

Oh? BMs will lose their offense (DA) but get some sort of Energy drain or return? I'm gonna expect something along the lines of Assimilation but it drains Energy, no return.
AQ Epic  Post #: 48
11/8/2013 5:30:34   
dfo99

if the objetive is make the game more strategic, maybe can be a good atualization
Post #: 49
11/8/2013 6:34:51   
Jekyll

Ideally a free class change will be purely out of goodwill from the devs. It's their game, they can choose what they want to do. Remember the "enhancement refund"? Not fantastic, but they could have done nothing either.

Right now, for the game economy, I doubt a free class change for everyone will be viable, so if it happens, be happy, if not, all we can do is move on.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 50
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: =ED= November 07, 2013 - Shameless Self Indulgence
Page 2 of 5<12345>
Jump to:

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition