Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

When?

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> [DF Encyclopedia] >> Locations / Quests / Events / Shops >> When?
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
12/1/2013 5:05:05   
Voodoo Master

When?

Location: Thankstaking Storybook -> Chapter 8 -> Oishii -> When?
Level/Quest/Items required: None
Release Date: November 29th, 2013

Objective: Doctor wants to pay you back for everything you've done in the past...
Objective completed: Man, it's like those were the original monsters or something... To Be Continued!

Scaled Yes/No: Yes

Monsters
(20) Sneevil

NPCs
Doctor When
Mr. Voltabolt

Rewards
None

Temporary Item
Electric Hair

Dialogue

*You are checking your picnic basket on the path to Swordhaven.*

<Character>: Let see... Oishii said to get magic beans, golden apples and.... Ew. Carrots. I hope I didn't forget anything...
<Character>: I just want one drama free Thankstaking, where I can eat, watch bloozeball, and then snooze. None of this Voltabolt-iz-ze-greatest-denzitz-zcientizt stuff again....

*You hear a strange sound.*

<Character>: I apparently spoke to soon... what is that noise? It sounds like the mechaturkey has a cold.

*Doctor When's blue phone booth appears in front of you, and a young man gets out of it; he has glasses, a goatee, and a bowtie.*

<Character>: Where did you come from....
Doctor When: When.
<Character>: ... What?
Doctor When: I'm the Doctor.
<Character>: Who?
Doctor When: When.
<Character>: What?
Doctor When: No, When.
<Character>: ... I'm just going to call you Doctor. Now, why are you here?
Doctor When: I owe you a trip.
<Character>: I have no idea who you are... how do you owe me a trip?
Doctor When: Let's just say it's payback.
<Character>: What?
Doctor When: I'm paying you back for your... bravery during the dark days of Sepulchure. Besides, haven't you ever wondered how the phone box works.
<Character>: Not really. Cysero said it was all just timey wimey stuff. How did you get it from him anyways?
Doctor When: ... Oh... me and Cysero go way back. I owe him a few things too.
<Character>: I don't think I have time to do anything with you anyways, though. I need to get this stuff to Oishii...
Doctor When: It is a time-travelling phone box. I think you'll be fine.
<Character>: Where do you want to take me?
Doctor When: Oh, you'll love it, not even Cysero has been there yet! It's called Stormca... Stormrage, very exciting place.
<Character>: Hmm, that does sound better than, ugh, carrot picking.
Doctor When: Let's go then!

*You and Doctor When enter the phone booth.*

<Character>: You really should do something about this "smaller on the inside" thing...
Doctor When: ... Could you move to the side a little, I just need to put in the right number...
<Character>: Oh! I almost forgot! I should call Lim and tell him what time to come to dinner!
Doctor When: Nooooooooooooo!

*The phone booth dematerializes, then reappears in a forest.*

<Character>: This has terrible reception. What is this, gnomish tech?
<Character>: With as few actual phones that there are, you'd think you'd be able to get through. Let me just go send him a quick message then...

*You exit the phone booth.*

<Character>: Wha... where are we?
Doctor When: The better question is when. What did you dial.
<Character>: 867-5309. I think... you kind of jostled me.

*Doctor When facepalms.*

Doctor When: Always go in first....
Doctor When: We've gone back at least 20 to 60 years...
<Character>: That's... kind of a large range. Considering.
Doctor When: You're not sure what you dialed?
<Character>: You jostled me!
Doctor When: Do you recognize anything around here?
<Character>: It kind of looks familiar... I'm sure if we keep going through the woods we'll find something.

*You fight many sneevils as you search the forest for any clue as to when you are; eventually you stumble upon Dr. Voltabolt's house.*

<Character>: Ugh, sneevils everywhere and this... I recognize. Voltabolt. It looks different though.
Doctor When: Someone is coming. Hide!

*You and Doctor When hide in the bushes; an older lady carrying a basket passes by.*

<Character>: Is that... is that a grandma? I... I always knew he had relatives but I never pictured them... like that.
Doctor When: They must be celebrating Thankstaking.

• Equips Electric Hair.

Doctor When: Let's get you in disguise and see if we can figure out when you took us to.
    Doctor When: Perfect.

*Doctor When and you, now wearing a Voltabolt-style wig, stand in front of the Voltabolt house; the door opens, and a man very similar in appearance to Dr. Voltabolt greets you.*

Mr. Voltabolt: Hello! I... Hertz? Is that you?! I haven't seen you since you were knee high to a gorillaphant!
    Mr. Voltabolt: Get in here! We were just sitting down to Thankstaking dinner!

• Complete Quest!

Next Up: Food Fight!

< Message edited by Jay -- 11/28/2019 6:24:22 >
  • AQ DF MQ  Post #: 1
    Page:   [1]
    All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> [DF Encyclopedia] >> Locations / Quests / Events / Shops >> When?
    Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
    New Messages No New Messages
    Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
    Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
     Post New Thread
     Reply to Message
     Post New Poll
     Submit Vote
     Delete My Own Post
     Delete My Own Thread
     Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
    and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
    PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition