Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Assimilation

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Balance >> Assimilation
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
12/17/2013 10:29:24   
Ranloth
Banned

Thylek Shran's thread mentions weapon requirements on skills, and I was thinking - does Assimilation really require one?

Tech Casters need Staves for Plasma Bolt and Super Charge. Dex Casters need Staves for Overload, but not Plasma Rain. Strength and Support builds require you to use weapon offense, and they do work with Staves, but they are needed for Assimilation only - otherwise, Str/Support build has no use from a Staff.

Would it be wise idea to let the weapon requirement go? Sword builds would get a mini-buff, but the numbers on the skill would get lowered to compensate for being available for everyone, and, in essence, nerfing it for those who think it's too strong. Nerf-buff, if you think about it.
AQ Epic  Post #: 1
12/17/2013 10:33:41   
zion

How about make swords even stronger but less compatible with skills?

< Message edited by zion -- 12/17/2013 10:35:38 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 2
12/17/2013 13:03:34   
kosmo

i would agree whit you only if static smash gets ride of the mace requirment aswell, maybe adding the mace requiement to berzeker?
Epic  Post #: 3
12/17/2013 13:08:45   
Ranloth
Banned

Then Mercs would have one skill that requires Club - something that should be avoided; having all skills useable with a Sword. Club requirement gives it a bit more power, hence why Assimilation would end up losing some of its power to compensate for it.

Not all classes must have same moves (mechanics) - Toxic Grenade vs. Venom Strike, Overlord vs. Stun/Plasma Grenade, and CheapShot vs. Double Strike. In pretty much all cases, one with weapon requirement is stronger - although, Venom Strike is debatable.

I'll link you to Thylek's thread - http://forums2.battleon.com/f/tm.asp?m=21543986 - which shows how many class-specific weapons skills need for each class. And my reasoning with different TM builds that may justify why the change wouldn't necessarily be that harmful. :)
AQ Epic  Post #: 4
12/17/2013 13:28:35   
kosmo

infact i said also that the berzeker should have a mace cost, and im pretty sure i remember which skills have a wepon cost :/

the fact here is that tm and merc have no viable build whitout a mace/staff

< Message edited by kosmo -- 12/17/2013 13:30:17 >
Epic  Post #: 5
12/17/2013 13:37:48   
Ranloth
Banned

Uh, that's why I'm suggesting a change for TMs in form of Assimilation - then, it'd be viable with Swords and Staves alike. Builds I've mentioned are in the first post.

For Mercs, that is not my problem. It's entirely different suggestion and you're free to suggest it yourself.
AQ Epic  Post #: 6
12/17/2013 13:42:37   
kosmo

yeah but said that mercs would have 1 skill requiring maul which isnt what i suggested.
Epic  Post #: 7
12/17/2013 15:51:52   
Predator9657

Assimilation should not have a staff requirement, because since it is essential for energy control, it's is impossible to have a TM sword build which has a good %.

Moreover, since TM's have 4 skills requiring staff, taking that down to 3 will help balance "skills requiring weapons" between the classes.
Epic  Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Balance >> Assimilation
Jump to:

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition