Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

New Skills part 1

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Balance >> New Skills part 1
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
2/9/2014 17:47:56   
WheresTheMoney

Ok I am knew at this whole balance thing but I'm just throwing this out there what if we added new skills? Not taking any away just adding to the tree. Here are my thoughts.

Bounty Hunter- fury strike (similar to double strike, does double the damage of a regular strike at max 340 energy) slicing star (similar to static grenade but without a stun
ability at max 300 energy) and we could add intimidate.

Mercenary- add technician, penetrate (lowers the enemy's support by a percentage at max 360 energy) and ring of fire (adds a 2% chance to crit with every skill point at max 390
energy.

Tech Mage- stagger (makes the enemy loose focus as in bot damage by 1 without lowering the enemy's stats at max 400 energy) health storm (like a poison at max takes away
160 health for 3 turns and costs 380 energy and add frenzy.

remember to fame me up guys ^-^

WheresTheMoney
Post #: 1
2/9/2014 19:27:04   
  Exploding Penguin

New skills would be nice. But BH doesn't need something like fury strike cause that'll really overpower it. It has a lifesteal skill, a debuff, and if it has fury strike it'll have a skill that does increased static damage (given cheap shot doesn't do it or at least not in noticeable amounts). The only other class that can manage a debuff and static damage increase is TM, and the static damage increase skill is bludgeon, which is physical and doesn't work with the debuff. Also, TM manages it because they have only field medic in terms of healing, whereas most other classes have some sort of defensive buff, intimidate/healing skill, and field medic.

Merc doesn't need penetration because hybrid armor already provides amazing coverage. Ring of fire isn't really favored by the general population because it increases raw luck factors.

Stagger would almost entirely be pointless, especially since focus has a weak influence on bot damage now compared to before. Frenzy would break TM because TM is built right now as a class with multiple different offensive options but very weak defensive options compared to other classes.

The problem with classes right now is that they don't have any outshining attributes compared to other classes. They're all just classes with different skills. Before, when most people thought ED was more fun, classes had more unique attributes that let them outshine in some particular category. BM dominated the endgame after most peoples's energy were depleted. TLM was an amazing class at neutralizing opponents because atom smash was very spammable, and TLM had the tankiness to support multiple turns placed into usage of atom smash. TM could manage caster classes very easily with sheer power in a single turn. Merc dominated 2v2 for a point in time because they had tankiness to support the more intense damage focus on a single player in 2v2 while having multiple different ways of offense that could work in many different situations with different allies to win the fight. Basically, what I'm saying is that classes don't have these outshining attributes, and the skills that you suggest to add will just make all classes even more plain and similar to each other in the fact that they're classes that do the same things with the same grade of performance, but with different skills.

Also, typically people don't ask for fame on the forums. It might also help if you put in your ED character name in your profile so people can more easily access your character page to fame you. That'll definitely get more people to fame you. I actually get a decent amount of fame myself without even asking just because people click on my profile thingy and instantly get redirected to my character page.

< Message edited by Exploding Penguin -- 2/9/2014 19:30:03 >
Epic  Post #: 2
2/9/2014 20:21:35   
WheresTheMoney

Thank you for that. Im just trying to find a way for omega to be like delta again where everyone had amazing builds that were challenging to fight against
Where everyone didnt have the same build *cough cough* tech mages.. i just want epic duel to be fun again. And my ed name is wheresthemoney
Post #: 3
2/9/2014 20:46:34   
  Exploding Penguin

If you go to edit your profile for the forums and go to the page where you change settings, you can set something called "ED Character Name." You'll notice this tiny picture of a human under my avatar with the text "epic" next to it, and clicking on that will bring you to my character page. You can get the same thing to show up under your avatar if you fill out that ED Character Name thing. Just a heads up cause it helps you get miscellaneous fame from random people on the forums every now and then.

And yeah, Omega is supposed to make builds more customizable, but ironically enough, Delta and previous phases had more build variety.
Epic  Post #: 4
2/9/2014 21:04:03   
WheresTheMoney

thanks umm but how do you make a cool signature like that?
Post #: 5
2/9/2014 21:18:24   
  Exploding Penguin

This kind of chat is better suited to PMs, but whatever. I just don't want to go off-topic too much and get a mod posting here.

The signature is the Forum Mates's faction signature. Some other people who frequent the forums put it in their signature as well, and that's how you can tell who's in the faction. There are actually some who are in the faction but don't have it in their signature for whatever reason, too. I didn't make it myself, but credit and thanks go to xShadowHunterx for making it for us. If you want to know more about the faction itself, then you can PM me and I'll give you more details. xShadowHunterx has an art shop or something on the forums as well, which I can also redirect you to via PM if you want.

To get back on-topic, I would actually like more that most current skill cores get converted into skills and maybe 1 new skill is added to every class skill tree. That'd probably make a few more build possibilities and let the game become more interesting.
Epic  Post #: 6
2/9/2014 22:39:04   
Cyber Dream

Ima have to disagree with adding technican to Merc. Why recycle skills to another class? What if it causes Merc to be OP? Then TM will have to take a nerf aswell.

< Message edited by Cyber Dream -- 2/9/2014 23:17:20 >

AQW Epic  Post #: 7
2/9/2014 22:50:56   
Ranloth
Banned

Add this, add that. And what skills will they replace? Also, as above - Devs don't want to recycle skills, because nerfing it for one class will affect the other... And it's really unoriginal.
AQ Epic  Post #: 8
2/9/2014 23:23:55   
  Exploding Penguin

quote:

And what skills will they replace?

quote:

Not taking any away just adding to the tree.

He wants to expand the skill tree, not replace existing skills. I'm actually all for expanding skill trees, but I'd like it to be with brand new skills, not overlaps.
Epic  Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Balance >> New Skills part 1
Jump to:

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition