Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =ED= March 19th, 2014 - Dread War Chests

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: =ED= March 19th, 2014 - Dread War Chests
Page 3 of 3<123
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
3/22/2014 14:57:25   
edwardvulture

It's pretty obvious that buffing/nerfing skill only will not get us anywhere. 2 skill trees have been suggested before (not the way I did though) but I think they are avoiding that because of the massive amount of coding.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 51
3/22/2014 15:22:02   
Ranloth
Banned

That's great to know buffing/nerfing does nothing. You do realise the mechanism of the skill can be changed and then numbers adjusted? That can be a buff. Example? Static Charge; unblockable, not using rage, etc.

Unfortunatelly, not everyone agrees. And then there's release schedule. And pressure from players to alter balance (band-aid and permanent fix). And so on. What's obvious may not really be true, because sometimes that simple nerfing/buffing is all a skill needs.

But yeah, I meant simple nerf/buff from the Devs to fix the balance permanently. After I've personally said nerfing/buffing is only a temporary fix to buy time. Right.
AQ Epic  Post #: 52
3/22/2014 16:13:22   
edwardvulture

The static charge "fix" was poorly executed and did not put into consideration of how easily it could be abused. Flaws of static charge atm is: 1. Almost forces CHs to use energy primaries exclusively 2. Overpowered for low Dex builds with a lot of strength 3. Underpowered for non-strength builds. Having it unblock able and unrageable isn't very logical. Was there an explanation? And really, how often do the developers play this game?
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 53
3/22/2014 16:24:44   
Ranloth
Banned

Forcing CHs to use Energy primaries? Why is that? Is it because of current build fads which is high Dex builds? Not so long time ago, it was the other way round. In addition, balance doesn't revolve around top level players, where Dex TMs may by running amok, but not so many at lower level.

Damage being too good? Energy has improved significantly, and some effects were removed to make it less overpowered. It wasn't executed poorly, because there's no real major issue with it, but rather concerns about how strong it may be. Over-exaggeration here... Poor execution could be the Legendary Mode, not a skill that has a potential to be abused for damage but really isn't. In fact, the whole damage issue wasn't brought up until very recently, when players started complaining about high HP CHs being really good. And - as I've already said above - not everything is overpowered at all levels, but specific range; Dex BHs may be strong during mid-level (20'ish to late 20's), but terrible at above 30.

And yes, there was an explanation for unblockable and unrageable. You've just complained how the damage is an issue, and making it rageable + able to crit would even make it worse. They do think ahead at times. Unblockable was for guaranteed Energy gain, obviously, which other classes had with combined skills (Static Greande, Assimilation, etc) and CHs have it separately + EMP actually costs Energy.

They play the game on their alts, but do you expect them to work full-time on ED and then play the game a lot? In their spare time only. Anyone working full-time or going College will have a lot less time for games. Comparing them to players' standards, when we can play for hours daily, isn't really going to work. Testers exist for a reason, and community for feedback. The Devs don't have hours to spare on their game, to play, and not really get some rest + personal life of their own, after the day's worth of work is over. They are humans after all...
AQ Epic  Post #: 54
3/22/2014 16:59:44   
edwardvulture

Even I don't play on for hours on end, I do not have the time. I would say I average 15-40 minutes each day considering that I don't play this game at all some days. Occasionally I might play for hours if the balance seemed ok which has not been the case recently. And as far as I know, I'm pretty sure Cinderella is the only one still doing college going further in education and the rest of the devs are done with it, after all Epicduel is not just a hobby for them it their real job.

They could make the effect of static charge static not scale on strike damage...I'm pretty sure this idea has been brought many times.
It is just much much smarter to use an energy weapon because of the malfunction and static charge combo. And it has been a while since I seen a CH with a physical primary

The end result of static charge is that it is under-powered and overpowered at the same time depending on different situations.

They should lower the bar for balance testers (if they exist) and let a mass of people flood in, preferably ones that are good at build making and critiquing where they oversaw something.. And dex TM's were OP and relevant in every level the last time I checked.

What I really don't understand is how energy parasite hasn't been fixed yet. But I think the answer for all of the "What hasn't (insert skill name) been fixed yet" is because a tiny fix requires a ton of coding not that I would know because I do not code at all.

< Message edited by edwardvulture -- 3/22/2014 17:06:44 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 55
3/22/2014 17:04:16   
Ranloth
Banned

Well, let's wait what they have to offer in the upcoming balance update - which was brought up during Livestream. Just over 2 months of no balance releases, right? Often, after such "break", major changes can be seen instead of petty fixes. I'm not even gonna deny the state of balance is... terrible at some places, but it isn't all that bad as players make it up to be. Main reason can be the flavour of the ____ builds, which just annoy everyone.
AQ Epic  Post #: 56
3/22/2014 17:10:19   
edwardvulture

The 17 support high dex/strength/life TM has ran rampant for months. And personally, I do not see why I complain about balance so much because I really do win most of the time. I just do not find this game as engaging and battles as fun as it used to be but of course we all have different tastes.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 57
3/22/2014 17:30:45   
DunkThatOreo

^You've simply outgrown this game like I have and almost every other beta/gamma player. The game's concept was new and refreshing to us all those years ago and we enjoyed it. Now we've done everything the game has to offer and it really hasn't changed much if you think about.
Epic  Post #: 58
3/22/2014 17:55:05   
edwardvulture

^I think there was this excitement of playing as a non-varium and taking down a varium player who was like 10 levels in stats above you and winning due to either luck or your OP build. And then, the excitement of having assault bot and being non-varium at the time where it was either bought in store or an arcade exclusive. Also, in a very stacked 2 on 2, you used to be able to get 500 credits and like 150 xp if I remembered right. I enjoyed being the underdog, but now what that means is that you just get beat down by someone higher-leveled with the 17 support,high str, high dex, high health TM or a similar variant of it across all classes. Also, having original builds don't really help you as much as it did in the previous phases because of the adjustments after people keep complaining about a specific build.

The novelty of the battle mechanics has faded, every move is predictable, now the only thing that keeps you guessing is luck.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 59
3/22/2014 18:23:32   
DunkThatOreo

oh wow I'm 18-0 today, is that a normal winning streak for high levels or is that like exceptionally good?
Epic  Post #: 60
3/22/2014 19:30:43   
white out727

depends on your build really dunk, but id say its most likely luck (no offense intended of course) due to all the str/dex mages that are running around

*MUNCH* exceeds 50 KB file size allowed. See the
Universal Forum Rules on Signature Guidelines.
http://forums2.battleon.com/f/fb.asp?m=17051283
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 61
3/22/2014 20:15:34   
kosmo

strategy is more important than luck, there is a way to win whit all classes.
Epic  Post #: 62
3/22/2014 20:43:07   
DunkThatOreo

Lol i fought like 8 level 32's and the rest level 36 and higher with my dex and energy spam build. I have 1000 energy and 152 dex
Epic  Post #: 63
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: =ED= March 19th, 2014 - Dread War Chests
Page 3 of 3<123
Jump to:

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition