Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =DF= Version 14.0.1

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> RE: =DF= Version 14.0.1
Page 8 of 27«<678910>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
2/25/2015 0:18:11   
Evangel

Adjusted my stats to what I think are appropriate in response to the changes. Before I didn't have anything in END, CHA, and barely in any in LUK. All dumped in STR and WIS. After the changes, I got 50(+28) in STR, 55(+35) in END, 60(+15) in LUK, and 130(+25) in WIS. More HP, obviously, MP is close to what I had before, defensive stats are better, but I have been updating my inventory with better gear, and I haven't noticed that much of a downgrade in terms of offense.

The hit to WIS made me start training my potions, though.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 176
2/25/2015 1:22:37   
TimeKiller

Welp ima need to retrain my stats good thing i have over 200k gold rn being a lvl 67 nub

DF AQW Epic  Post #: 177
2/25/2015 1:27:31   
TheNOob2623

I feel you because of the wis nerf i had to max out my wis to make it usable at all. It is still a bit low but good enough to use 1750 MP with stat bonuses with maxed out wis. screenshot:http://puu.sh/gbKby/9b04fe1330.png
Post #: 178
2/25/2015 2:11:26   
Adel

Wow!! thats some mana drain... you know I always had problems keeping up with the mana I even remembering running in one of the jungless all the way intill it was complitelly trained with no healing pad and then I had to hope my hope stays high enough expecially with all those triple enemies. I was only lucky to find something on the way. The current saga in Amityvale drains alot of mana too... what's the reason for this change?

Also having real trouble keeping up with my lvl 15 DeathKnight with mana draining to fast... oh well atleast he do damage.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 179
2/25/2015 2:13:30   
TimeKiller

Well thats quite annoying im going to have to take a chunk out of my offense and hp to be able to use skills fun
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 180
2/25/2015 5:04:41   
Zeldax

The new UI looks amazing! Don't have the right words to describe it

I'm probably one of the only people who aren't too bothered by the WIS stat nerf. My items give a +61 WIS to my 45 WIS so it's not really a problem for me.

Also not too bothered by the crit chance nerf.

Though how about the Feed/Train Dragon interface in the Dragonlord House? (The one with your adult dragon in one of the rooms) The interface there isn't updated. It still shows that the max is 500, and the buttons are still the old ones.
Post #: 181
2/25/2015 8:07:51   
mahasamatman

Crit was nerfed too badly.
I mean, I see why the old crit was overpowered, but still! the whole game balance is now changed entirely-
the DCs i spent for Belial's horrific helm, for example, were spent because it was the highest-crit helm in the game, and now it is suddenly not that powerful!

I realize that the balance was bad, but Blitzkrieg is a legitimate strategy, and it seems much of your changes have been made to kill Blitzkrieg altogether, and as a Riftwalker, I resent that.
I think that just capping crit (at 50 or 60%) should be enough, and that reducing item crit is both confusing to new players, and unfair to veteran ones who worked a lot on improving crit.

Overall, I think that the change in stats is very good, clarifying obscure stats, BUT crit was nerfed too much (it should have been nerfed, just not that much) and luck seems slightly too powerful.

His followers called him Mahasamatman, and claimed he was a god.
He never claimed to be a god, but then, he never claimed not to be a god.
Circumstances being what they were, neither admission could be of any benefit.
Silence, though, could.
DF  Post #: 182
2/25/2015 8:26:06   
Shadows Morgenstern

This is brilliant! My crit went from 75 to 37%, that's good, critting nearly all the time was a bit of a joke, and I couldn't even be challenged slightly except for specific hard mode battles unless a purposely handicapped myself. The new UI looks absolutely gorgeous and thanks so much to Ash and Verly for stopping the stat system from still being a joke. People should really stop complaining so much about the crit and mana nerfs, they were seriously broken before guys, get over it. xD Change your playstyles up, change your stats around and move on!

< Message edited by Shadows Morgenstern -- 2/25/2015 8:28:24 >

Your signature has been removed because Photobucket replaced it
with a third-party hosting notice that was too large for the forums.
DF  Post #: 183
2/25/2015 8:29:52   
The Jop

Mana is too low now though; you need 200 WIS for some classes to get by in long quests. It starts from a much, much lower point than health, so 5 mana for each point of WIS is not enough. Players should either start with more mana or WIS should give more (this is what I'd prefer).

< Message edited by The Jop -- 2/25/2015 8:30:52 >

AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 184
2/25/2015 8:52:22   
crabpeople

WIS complaints will end when:
1-People get used to the new changes.
2-LV 90 limit goes live (+50 mana and 50 stats).
3-Upgrades in potions.
4-Appearance of -mana stat.

I understand that the start has been harsh for most of you but it will get better with time. Also I remind you that your dragon with 200 in protection is a mana factory.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 185
2/25/2015 9:18:27   
Rayen
Constructively Discussional!

I just had an interesting realisation (although someone might have ninja'd me): Weapons with Specials activated on the 'Attack' button (such as Frostscythe's Scythe, Energy Entity and NSoD) actually now have a use! If you're trying to conserve mana, you can lose a bit of extra crit/base damage but basically occasionally get a 0-mana skill from the attack button via the weapon special!

I'm actually very excited at the possibilities that this change offers for an increase or uniqueness to weapon specials - perhaps one that even drains enemy MP and heals yours, increases dodge or bonus, decreases resistance to heal or increases to the opposing element. Who knows? Regardless, if weapons with specials become more common, we will at least now have a reason to lose some extra damage or crit. for a mana-efficient skill.
AQ DF  Post #: 186
2/25/2015 9:19:42   
The Hollow Soul

I've had no issues with the mana change, but I always put extra points into mana as I leveled up and went for items that had a high WIS stat increase. I could maybe see it as an issue for lower leveled people who got used to using high end DC mana classes or who didn't train WIS for some reason, but for anyone who balances their stats and realizes they can't have best of all worlds like we used to be able to do in the stats department shouldn't have an issue.

Plus I feel any mana complaints should be fixed for a bit when mana potion training is allowed be trained higher.
DF  Post #: 187
2/25/2015 9:37:39   
Raphael 777

Tried the classes I usually use (Ascendant, Soulweaver (regular and master), Evolved Pumpkin Lord, and Evolved Chickencow Lord) against my favorite sparring partner - The T.A.'s Challenge Crawler and those painfully long dungeons. My playstyle remains the same (although with the more slightly frequent use of the mp healing skill on some of the classes, returning to healing pads and occasional use of MP potions). Pet dragon's protection skills can occasionally heal mp too. Although I miss the frequent critical hits, I'm ok with this update.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 188
2/25/2015 9:49:22   
Adel

low level gets really hard though, I only have a few points into WIS at lvl 50 and the abilities all cost insainly to much in the class I'm using (DeathKnight, cuz I wanna look cool and evil in this char!!) but now I have no potions left, no health, 10 mana, no skills to use and all that cuz I was forced to kill every monster in the room with no healing pad. So I'm officially stuck and my only hope is the special form my blade to tigger which it doesn't seem to be wanting expecially when I need it :( I don't mind the crit nerf, not at all but the mana went down bit to much that is in no way a balance expecially in classes that requires alot of the main stat to even be usefull and then you will need some health or you will die to easy, hell I even got onehitted once on my main which means I have no chance in even considering beating some extrem modes unless I'm really lucky.. having to use a huge chunk of points from that on WIS too will leave me even more defenseless against challanges in max lvl. If Mana gets this nerf then maybe lowering the cost of atleast some abilities in classes where litterarly almost all abilities cost 25+ alot even 30+ and 35
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 189
2/25/2015 9:55:38   
deather98

Can you fix the bug of when you use 200 of mischief on the dragon that shrink freezes the battle?
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 190
2/25/2015 10:12:55   
Snakezarr

@adel Death knight is a mana guzzler thats what it does, try shifting the necrotic pressence to healing then stunning the opponent and spamming attack 3 turns should be enough to kill it with no fuss and you will heal hp this way and only use 25 mp a battle.

< Message edited by Snakezarr -- 2/25/2015 10:13:08 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 191
2/25/2015 10:21:49   
Ash

quote:

Also having real trouble keeping up with my lvl 15 DeathKnight with mana draining to fast... oh well atleast he do damage.

The response to that is, why are you using a tier 3 class when you haven't even unlocked all your base class skills yet?

DeathKnight isn't made for lower levels. Just like the DC classes, it's meant for more of the 50+ crowd. This change now reinforces that fact. You also had to completly gimp your character in terms of progression, ignore everything after the cliff, and just start farming for Undead Slayer Badges IMMEDIATELY to be able to do that. The game is now properly recognizing that fact and prodding you to use a class more intended for your level. That's not an issue, that's the game finally working as intended.

quote:

Mana is too low now though; you need 200 WIS for some classes to get by in long quests. It starts from a much, much lower point than health, so 5 mana for each point of WIS is not enough. Players should either start with more mana or WIS should give more (this is what I'd prefer).

What class are you trying to use? Are you spamming skills? Are you not using your MP potions? (The training for that is being fixed in march fyi) Are you ignoring heal pads along the way?

If you're trying to just spam your way through using any class you want at any amount of mana then yes, you're going to run out. You now must plan your Wis based on your class and use your skills accordingly.

quote:

Weapons with Specials activated on the 'Attack' button (such as Frostscythe's Scythe, Energy Entity and NSoD) actually now have a use! If you're trying to conserve mana, you can lose a bit of extra crit/base damage but basically occasionally get a 0-mana skill from the attack button via the weapon special!

:D Isn't it great?

quote:

Can you fix the bug of when you use 200 of mischief on the dragon that shrink freezes the battle?

I'll see what's causing that and try to get it fixed.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 192
2/25/2015 10:22:22   
Adel

The opponents I'm up against have to much hp to kill in three normal attack hits unless my special tigger which will onehit them and that is rare and uselly happends when I only need one more hit to kill them anyways... Don't think getting healed 2-3-4-4 hp each turn is very helpfull either considering I will lose around 30+ each hit I take after the stun wares off on the ones with more hp. just tested it and before that I even leveld midway still lost all WIS with the potions before I even managed to reach the end.

Edit: @Ash couldn't you just place a level requirment on the class in that case? which would prevent you to use it at low levels? and ofc I'm skipping everything fr the sake of looking awesome!! I mean I'v gone though the story more than enough over the years and I'mstill going to try finishing the story again as I intend to get tolvl 80 eventually and might aswell have a goal but can't I do it in style?

< Message edited by Adel -- 2/25/2015 10:31:08 >
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 193
2/25/2015 10:59:02   
Ithraen

@Adel: You're complaining because DmK needs a higher level to successfully use, but you want him to make it so you can't even equip it until that level? That doesn't really make sense.
AQ DF  Post #: 194
2/25/2015 11:02:28   
Adel

That's prolly cuz you don't understand what I mean, but that's okey noone uselly does! that's the magic of my words and they cost alot of mana to use!
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 195
2/25/2015 11:09:18   
The Jop

I didn't have enough mana to beat the Impossible Crawler with Kathool Adept (I beat it with the attack button but still), which you might say makes sense, but even with the potions and the mana drain I didn't have mana left. But if the mana potions are made to heal more, the drain takes more mana, and/or the skills' costs are reduced it should work well again.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 196
2/25/2015 11:17:49   
Shadows Morgenstern

That is one good point though, Kathool's brain drain should see a little bit of a buff, KAA's mana heavy skills are good, but the mana cost has hit it a LITTLE bit too hard.
DF  Post #: 197
2/25/2015 11:19:10   
The Jop

It's mostly the Kathool skill if I'm honest. 264 MP.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 198
2/25/2015 11:19:41   
Ash

I already said I'll look into fixing the brain drain skill to heal a %, but that's all he's getting. The skill costs are appropriate, as I also already mentioned, for dealing almost double damage because of the scaling damage formula at your level.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 199
2/25/2015 11:20:14   
dsicarii

@Adel I've had a few characters that went for tier 3 classes first chance they were able to, too, but I knew that inherently meant I was gimping myself to get that class on them ASAP, before I was meant to much less before I could really feasibly do it. Sure, it wasn't as big of a problem pre-14.0 like it is now, but so what? The point remains the same - if you're going for those classes before the level you're meant to get them, then you've purposefully weakened yourself for the sake of that class. Go back to a different class, go somewhere you could grind levels out easily with your chosen class until you're a high enough level to properly utilize it in real content, etc. I remember having to do such things a couple times even pre-14.0, and having to do it so rarely then was just a sign of how broken the system was. Having to do that more often now is the system working correctly, so work within the system. Even if that means giving up "looks" or power or not doing content until you can.
DF  Post #: 200
Page:   <<   < prev  6 7 [8] 9 10   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> RE: =DF= Version 14.0.1
Page 8 of 27«<678910>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition