Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =DF= Version 14.0.1

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> RE: =DF= Version 14.0.1
Page 9 of 27«<7891011>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
2/25/2015 11:21:05   
Shadows Morgenstern

@The Jop: See, personally I'm torn about that one. The mana cost is extremely high, but the point is that it is a such a massively damaging attack, it's not meant to be used too often. I haven't actually had a chance to tinker with KAA with the new stats yet though. I just know it was always the high cost nuke skill.

< Message edited by Shadows Morgenstern -- 2/25/2015 11:22:16 >
DF  Post #: 201
2/25/2015 11:22:11   
The Jop

How much is Doomknight's multi at say, level 80? It seems very powerful too, and has a chance to stun all enemies. I think Ash could look into altering the cost of Shadow/Kathool.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 202
2/25/2015 11:45:49   
Adel

Alright, alright I get it stop bashing me damn it!! :P

Bad example but I still feel the drain in the mana, on my Riftwalker it almost feels halved from what I used to have. I should do a few test runs doing some i Amytvile quests as I know those are somewhat hard to come though hp wise without good tactics and stuns nd I will see if I manage to get to the end at all with all the nerfs :)

And we aint talking bout no lvl 15 Rifwalker! :P
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 203
2/25/2015 11:55:32   
Ash

quote:

How much is Doomknight's multi at say, level 80? It seems very powerful too, and has a chance to stun all enemies. I think Ash could look into altering the cost of Shadow/Kathool.

It's the class' NUKE skill, not its only multi. Tidal is the class' multi skill. I'm not adjusting the mana cost on a Nuke, that

- never misses
- hits all enemies
- has increased chance to crit baseline
- nerfs enemy resistance to that element BEFORE IT HITS (dealing more damage than it would get thanks to the below)
- gets ele locked compensation and deals extra damage on top of that

It's not happening. It's not the class' multi, it's the class' final nuke skill.

< Message edited by Ash -- 2/25/2015 11:58:04 >
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 204
2/25/2015 12:02:25   
The Jop

Is it actually worth 264 MP though? Most of its other skills are around 30.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 205
2/25/2015 12:06:15   
Ash

For 450% damage, with a 50/50 shot at being 900%, to all enemies in battle, that can't ever miss? Yes.

From the balancing perspective.

A multi counts as doing listed damage to all foes.
A multi pays for damage if it has any effects beyond damage with an increased mana cost and/or % chance at inflicting effects.
Unlocking it from another skill is usually not payed with no mana, so it gets extra cost lopped onto the unlock skill.

1350% damage (or 2700% if you get the 50% crit rate) + extra damage on the turn before to unlock it + never miss penalty + crit chance penalty + nerf enemy ele res penalty + sub 16 CD Final type skill penalty.

It should cost MORE. This is why Techno was looked at badly when I revamped it. Multi's cost so much more than a normal skill because of what they are.

< Message edited by Ash -- 2/25/2015 12:19:33 >
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 206
2/25/2015 12:19:07   
The Jop

Fine, then I guess I just have to wait until the drain and mana potions are tweaked (I'm pretty sure it's missed before though).

< Message edited by The Jop -- 2/25/2015 12:20:30 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 207
2/25/2015 12:21:57   
Ash

If it's missed, that's a bug I'll fix.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 208
2/25/2015 12:56:37   
Adel

Alright just did a run on my Riftwalker, still feel quiet powerfull and I didn't even need a mana potion althouhg I was kinda running low maybe I should test on a mana draining quest next to see how that will effect me and my use of my potions, any suggestions? note my potions is at the highest level so I'm maxed out there and with me planing to put five more points into WIS maybe it's not so bad after all

DAMN IT!
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 209
2/25/2015 13:42:36   
Arthur Glacier

I don't have any mana-related problems with my Ascendant.
With 200 points into Protection skill my dragon does the trick. It's not as effective, as it used to be but it's still quite good.
DF  Post #: 210
2/25/2015 13:43:43   
mahasamatman

well...

I'd miss my 75% crit, but I suppose ~40% is enough... and the stat change is wonderful.
I'd like to see more interesting bosses (with actual abilities, not just meltface modes) to test classes against.
DF  Post #: 211
2/25/2015 14:59:19   
Neliux

Woah, I'll have a rough time adjusting to this, it's a big nerf for me. Will probably want to readjust some stats and increase WIS a bit. Farming Exp is will also be a lot more tedious.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 212
2/25/2015 15:13:15   
NEOCROM

The music after i loged in, YEAAAAHHH, it's so refreshing and gives so much good energy and so heroic. Time to fight.
AQ  Post #: 213
2/25/2015 15:13:49   
Ash

quote:

I'd like to see more interesting bosses (with actual abilities, not just meltface modes) to test classes against.

That's being worked on. Now that we don't have to just toss bosses with crazy amounts of health at you to make battles last longer we can focus on making some bosses more interesting in the future. There's always going to be "plain" damage sponges but we've got some interesting plans for future bosses now.

quote:

Farming Exp is will also be a lot more tedious.

There's a plan to help with the exp farming grind as well. Still finalizing numbers for it though.

< Message edited by Ash -- 2/25/2015 15:14:10 >
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 214
2/25/2015 15:19:03   
NEOCROM

Still, just noticed the worst news here, the crit....I don't know why, i don't know how you did this, but after that....with my particular set of skills, i will summon my minions and i will look for you, i will find you and i will nerf you.
AQ  Post #: 215
2/25/2015 15:22:25   
admahu

If 100 Melee/Pierce/Magic Defense overrides the enemies Bonus check, what's the point of skills giving 140 instead of just 100?

For anyone thinking HP/MP should be the same, any enemy (at level 80 at least) does 100+ damage easily. You're definitely not using up more than 100 MP for every enemy turn.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 216
2/25/2015 15:27:14   
Ash

quote:

If 100 Melee/Pierce/Magic Defense overrides the enemies Bonus check, what's the point of skills giving 140 instead of just 100?

There are enemies, like Dr. When, that have "over hit" skills that override the check. The extra is to help mitigate some of their hits.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 217
2/25/2015 15:32:06   
Chaoshaper

Evolved chickencow still works fine on my level 20~ish characters, no complaints here.

The interface update though, i think it may be the most beautiful thing done to dragonfable since its creation <3

Sure the Darkness can be a powerful weapon,

But really,

Who wields who in that relationship?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 218
2/25/2015 16:29:44   
Dimguye360

Oh my life, the update is just so visually gratifying. Just one note though, can anything be done in terms of healing allies? I haven't entirely checked if anything was done, but I was reminded recently that it isn't easy to find a place where allies can be healed.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 219
2/25/2015 17:24:38   
Alm Nullamors

I don't know how, but my level 39 Ascendant character now has a damage range of 84-187 with a Pure Dragonstaff of Destiny. That's more than my usual level 67 Dragonlord's 69-105 Sanguine Shadow Reaper of Doom. :/
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 220
2/25/2015 17:45:12   
Arithonne

Okay, so after reading all the complaints about the Wis nerf and how badly it was effecting certain classes, Kathool Adept in particular, I ran through the last three Amityville Book 3 quests with my Kathool Adept ( character page). I have about 950 mana now between trained Wis (50) and gear (not prioritized for Wis), and I didn't change my play style at all. The most mana intensive quest was The Castle, and I still finished with over 500 mana left. I did use the healing fountain when I came across it, but I didn't go back to it, and I didn't use any potions. I'm not seeing a problem here.

If I am seeing a problem with the stats change it's that my pets (dragon and equipped from inventory) seem to be missing a whole lot more, but that might just be the RNG expressing its hatred of me.

Poor Raven did take a beating though, she finished with only 300 hp left. Looking at her stats page, she seems to have terrible defense, so I'd suggest making guest stats (M/P/M and P/D/B in particular) scale to player level or buffing them a bit if they already do.

In terms of mana use for Doom Knight, I completed all the Neverglades quests in Doom Knight with a character that has no trained End or Wis, so I'm not seeing a problem there either. Seriously, it has a skill to replenish potions, the only time mana matters at all is in a single fight.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 221
2/25/2015 18:22:39   
dragon_monster

My question is simple, Now can you with the base classes defeat any boss that can be defeated and should be defeated. Lets not forget that for free players the strongest class is still the base class.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 222
2/25/2015 18:28:01   
Dracojan

im sure dr when will easily kill you if you are with a base class and you go 1 on 1 against him. the previous few bosses, merged akriloth, deadwood and others can kill you easily too. the 2nd tier classes are stronger even if you use just one side of the skills.
DF  Post #: 223
2/25/2015 18:33:44   
Alm Nullamors

I noticed this on the Dragonlord Guide:

quote:

The Immortal God

Level 80

END: 200
WIS: 95
LUK: 100

I recall that 100 LUK being on STR before. Since that guide can't be commented on, what benefits does 100 LUK give over 100 STR? I'm interested in trying that out.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 224
2/25/2015 18:36:19   
toannghe1997

Hey Ash, I am using a beast master build now, and even though I have 200 cha and the rest in str, I still managed to win the tough bosses so far ( doctor when, M.G hard mode with guest, ... ) but you said that if we focus on pet's damage and our own damage then it won't be so great, so could you give me a suggestion about pure beast master build? (one that tank to the max and let the little buddies do the dirty work :P, I am using pumkin lord and lovin it so far)
Post #: 225
Page:   <<   < prev  7 8 [9] 10 11   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> RE: =DF= Version 14.0.1
Page 9 of 27«<7891011>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition