Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: ~*Getting To Know You*~ (It Lives Once Again)

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Role Playing] >> Role Playing >> RP OOC >> RE: ~*Getting To Know You*~ (It Lives Once Again)
Page 2 of 19«<12345>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
10/7/2015 19:51:05   
Remaint

Arche could simply be more powerful, and thus a quicker caster than Sana. The former already has a magical initiative by being something magical, and the latter priotises support magic over offensive.

It's also easier to maintain a fire than to begin one, if magic works that way.
AQW  Post #: 26
10/7/2015 19:57:00   
Afina
Weaver of Epic Yarns

I am limiting characters to mid level with Sana being a higher level as a support character - (Stated this earlier) this is to nip in the bud any overpowering that could happen since several of the character concepts already have the possibility of being way over powered on paper. (All characters in this to can and will get hurt. Basic fights will include injuries, death is possible by mundane means to all.) It also puts all of you on the same level as the other so no one gets to over shadow the others.

I am allowing to start off with for people to deal their own damage in fights but I will change that rapidly if I see God modding. (It has been a huge problem in the past on this forum and I see it already starting here, so nipping it quick)
Post #: 27
10/7/2015 20:54:41   
Remaint

Gotta be careful with levels~In all games and reality, types trump static symbols, and context determines the conclusions of conflicts:

Lv20 Galleon < Lv1 Dreadnought, open seas. Lv20 No-crew Dreadnought < Lv1 Full-crewed Galleon
Lv20 Rifle squad < Lv1 Artillery squad, town siege. Lv20 Artillery squad < Lv1 Rifle squad, cold steel

(Just giving you a bit of a hard time in good fun, I understand you want an effective sense of order and you are experienced in Rps)
AQW  Post #: 28
10/8/2015 5:58:53   
Afina
Weaver of Epic Yarns

Lol no worries, ^^

And wow, can't get over how quickly this rp came together and has taken off. ^^ It lives!!!!
Post #: 29
10/8/2015 14:55:35   
Afina
Weaver of Epic Yarns

Lmao, this back and forth banter between the characters is hilarious, I can't stop laughing.
Post #: 30
10/8/2015 15:08:06   
Draycos777

XD this escalated quickly.
AQ  Post #: 31
10/8/2015 15:10:57   
Afina
Weaver of Epic Yarns

Who cares, lol it is awesome!!!
Post #: 32
10/8/2015 15:20:31   
Draycos777

Can't wait to see Sana's reply. I'm hoping someone steps in, cause otherwise everyone my end up fighting eachother before the rp even gets out of the starting tavern:P
AQ  Post #: 33
10/8/2015 15:22:52   
Afina
Weaver of Epic Yarns

I'm holding post until Sigil and Krey post, so hopefully someone will fart or something to break the tension,lol
Post #: 34
10/8/2015 15:45:32   
Remaint

Sigil's character might just hurl a beer mug at you!
AQW  Post #: 35
10/8/2015 15:50:30   
Afina
Weaver of Epic Yarns

I don't think he'd waste the ale, lol

Edit: O.o well, I called it on the fart breaking the tense situation. Lol

< Message edited by Afina -- 10/8/2015 16:42:02 >
Post #: 36
10/8/2015 17:21:00   
Sigil

A beer mug is but one potential weapon in his ARSEnal.
AQW  Post #: 37
10/9/2015 9:28:05   
Krey

Sorry for the hold up, didn't really have a chance to post yesterday. Working til five, posting first thing when I get home
AQ  Post #: 38
10/9/2015 10:55:25   
Afina
Weaver of Epic Yarns

Sounds good to me, ^^
Post #: 39
10/9/2015 19:11:28   
Draycos777

Whelp, time to wait for Afina.

Also hope that Bastet becomes less busy and to comes to this rp. My character is missing their battle buddy XD. Bastet has always been the yin to their yang (or is it the other way around? ). Now they're alone and everyone is out to get her.
AQ  Post #: 40
10/9/2015 20:23:40   
Remaint

I'll wait for Arche's reaction before posting.
AQW  Post #: 41
10/9/2015 21:38:55   
Draycos777

I think everyone here know what a Grabbi is, but just in case: Grabbi
AQ  Post #: 42
10/10/2015 18:11:02   
Apocalypse

I think this may be a bit of fun.

Name: Nilburke of Gulhorn
Race: Goblin
Class: Alchemist
Appearance/Clothing:
Height: 3'11''
Weight: 87 lbs
Head/Face: Nilburke has no hair to speak of but instead has a coloration of bronze hide with a wrinkled ridge covering the top, back, and sides of his head. It is thicker than the rest of his hide and can give the illusion he is wearing a leather helm. However, this is all natural skin that provides some extra protection for his brain. The schlera of his eyes are a deep maroon rather than white, and the irises are a dull gold. His nose is crooked from being broken a few too many times and is long from unfortunate breeding. His rounded chin juts out below his thin lips with his sharp teeth. His ears are almost as long as his head and pointed.
Body: His hide is the dull green of a crocodile or frogzard or other reptilian of your choice. Darker splotches of hunter green are scattered across his chest, arms, and legs. Skin and bones for the most part, though he looks a step or two from starving, but only that. He has five fingers and toes like more common races, but they end in sickly yellow nails with sharp points. One would call them claws had they been longer, but they still fall within the normalcy range of someone his size even if they are longer than most.
Clothing:
He wears a cherry-red, sleeveless tunic fitted with many pockets inside and out. Trousers are similar in pocket-design though are tawny in color. Nilburke wears no shoes but does have hickory, fingerless gloves that reach halfway up his forearms.

Skills: As an alchemist, Nilburke is well-read and rather knowledgeable about a myriad of subjects and events. He is not an expert in anything but alchemy but may come across as so to those without adequate knowledge on the subject. His expertise lies in chemicals and their interactions with one another. Crafting potions is his specialty, though the majority of his are more beneficial as a projectile. He has a high knowledge of fauna and flora properties beneficial in the art of alchemy.

Natural Abilities: Goblins, by nature, are notorious for being crafty creatures. They often can climb before they can walk and can step as quiet as cats when they run. They have surprising stamina when it comes to tests of endurance, and are quite wily. Catching one is difficult not because of their speed but their dexterity.

Magic/Spells:
Realization: A small and rather passive ability. Any alchemist worth their salt has this to a degree. When working with ingredients, Nilburke can draw out the latent magical potency within them. This, in turn, increases the potency of the concoction he is making. Using the same ingredients, a person making a Combustor would only set fire to a table while Nilburke's would set the whole room ablaze.
Parrallel Alchemy: The transformation of one substance into any other one is complete nonsense, according to the the written word of Arvold the Ascendant. However, it is possible for a skilled alchemist to transition one substance into a similar one. For example, one poisonous type of berry may be transformed into another. The more skilled the alchemist, the greater the difference can be. Nilburke has an average grasp of this ability, allowing him to turn one poisonous berry into another if the effects of the poison are similar in potency and symptoms. If given a full day to perform Parallel Alchemy, Nilburke could transform a couple stone's worth of materials.

Weapons:
At any time, Nilburke carries nine vials of concoctions at the ready, all of which use alcohol as a main ingredient.
Combustors: Uses a plant of fiery influence with a couple with soothing qualities. As the name suggests, it creates an explosion of flames. It carries just enough concussive force to knock the average individual down and enough firepower to light a small bedroom on fire. After the initial burst, the flames need to feed on natural resources to be maintained. Four of these vials are dedicated to this.
Tanglers: Requires seven seeds of the plant to be grown along with fertilizer. When released, the seeds spurt forth and grow to full size within a matter of seconds. They will grow around and over anything in their path. Perfect for temporarily trapping an enemy. Due to their rapid growth, they will wither and die within the half-hour. Does not work with tree seeds or anything over eight feet tall at full height. Carries three fitted with rosebush seeds.
Clouders: Only requires a plant carrying a nasty stench. Creates a dense cloud of a disgusting odor, stinging any orifice they enter and causing general discomfort. Used to disburse crowds and pursuers. Two vials are dedicated to these at all times.
In addition to these vials, Nilburke wears a meteor hammer around his waist. His skill with it is questionable, but usually gets the job done. The definition of "job done" is typically something along the lines "bash people and things until they leave Nilburke alone".

Possessions: He carries a large burlap sack on his back filled with bottles of pure alcohol for concoction creation along with ingredients to create one additional vial of each of his three main ones. Also has additional vials for such creation as well as a few soothing creams for general injuries and fruit he as picked along the way. He carries a water-skin and a small purse of curious gemstones that are worth a small fortune.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 43
10/10/2015 18:58:57   
Afina
Weaver of Epic Yarns

You're good, enter when you wish. Biggest thing is just to keep up with the posts, ^^
Post #: 44
10/10/2015 20:57:33   
Draycos777

Hey Afina, what is the layout of the land like around the port town? From what you put in the opening post it is just forest, but I wanted to make sure before I start posting about it.
AQ  Post #: 45
10/10/2015 21:11:45   
Afina
Weaver of Epic Yarns

Just a basic bay with forest surrounding it and a road passing through it. Nothing major. Expand as you need.
Post #: 46
10/10/2015 21:27:18   
Draycos777

I'll righty then, thanks. I'll see about getting another post done tonight.

Edit: err, sigil, Arche hasn't left yet:P

< Message edited by Draycos777 -- 10/10/2015 23:19:59 >
AQ  Post #: 47
10/10/2015 23:42:34   
Sigil

Hence, the word After.

If there's more banter between now and then of a significant nature, I'll be happy to edit and readdress my IC statement with a follow-up.
AQW  Post #: 48
10/10/2015 23:48:31   
Draycos777

ya, cuz arche is about to blast poor Sir. Keystone with a maze of questionsXD
AQ  Post #: 49
10/11/2015 11:40:27   
Afina
Weaver of Epic Yarns

Rem, edit your post to remove that line break, it is throwing off the whole post alignment. It doesn't need to be that long.
Post #: 50
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Role Playing] >> Role Playing >> RP OOC >> RE: ~*Getting To Know You*~ (It Lives Once Again)
Page 2 of 19«<12345>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition