Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =AQW= PvP Discussion Thread

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest Worlds] >> AQWorlds General Discussion >> RE: =AQW= PvP Discussion Thread
Page 8 of 10«<678910>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
4/3/2017 3:39:02   
xxxtentacion

Hi,

I'm new to using the forums, so if I'm not doing this right or not posting in the right please tell me.
I was wondering if there are people that are already doing or are willing to do structured bludrutbrawls, something along the lines of maybe 5v5 with class restrictions etc.

Thanks
Post #: 176
4/3/2017 5:19:33   
Dr Disrespect
Helpful!

Welcome to the Forums! As far as I know nobody on the forums organize structured Bludrut Brawl fights. There might be people willing to partake in them if someone organizes them though. If you want to organize brawls then post in the Let's Party! Thread using the following format:

quote:

If you want to arrange some private PvP matches with your fellow forumites:
Type of PvP:
Recommended level range:
Specific area location: (example: /join name-####)
Who to "goto":
Server:
Time:
Other notes:

Taken from this post.

< Message edited by GojetaDragon08 -- 4/3/2017 5:21:19 >
Post #: 177
4/5/2017 13:50:37   
skull1218

What is the best way to take out pyromancers with void high lord?
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 178
4/5/2017 13:59:46   
iDreadnaut

Good PVP Amulet, Shackle+Highlord's Gaze, that last skill.
AQW  Post #: 179
4/5/2017 14:20:46   
skull1218

I have the 3k and u use that combo, but ward always gets me, even if I don't nuke
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 180
4/5/2017 14:22:23   
Dr Disrespect
Helpful!

Just maintain distance from the Pyromancer until Burning Ward fades, then go in for the kill.
Post #: 181
4/6/2017 11:46:57   
you stop

does anyone know if Shaman's Elemental Embrace removes the crit of guaranteed criticals like Alpha Omega's Bunker Buster (5) or Blaze Binder's Combustion Blaze (2)?
AQW  Post #: 182
4/6/2017 12:25:42   
Metakirby
Constructive & Helpful!

It doesn't, just tested with EI's, LEDC's and VHL's abilites, neither were affected.
AQW  Post #: 183
4/8/2017 11:55:50   
igotmad

Is anyone even doing PvP anymore? It seems like PvP is becoming more and more obsolete. I can't even complete the required quest to join the Legion because no one is doing PvP anymore. 200 combat trophies? That seems a little much when I can't even play one match.

I'm going to keep trying obviously but now it just seems impossible to join the Legion.
AQ AQW  Post #: 184
4/8/2017 12:01:57   
TsumetheWolf

You could always just join a private instance of BludrutBrawl. /join bludrutbrawl-28763 or any numbers. All you'd need to do then is defeat the 'enemy' NPC's. If you defeat them all and the Captain as well, you should get up to 5 Combat Trophies. You'd need to do 40 matches, but it's doable...
Post #: 185
4/8/2017 23:36:39   
MaligKnight

I can't confirm this but I think there's a bug with using Archpaladin in 1v1 PvP. After beating someone that was using said class my hp continued to drain and i never noticed until after i went into another match.
DF AQW  Post #: 186
4/8/2017 23:46:22   
Aura Knight

Was the DoT effect from skill 1 still doing damage to you? I don't PvP much but maybe that was it.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 187
4/8/2017 23:52:30   
MaligKnight

Yeah I think that was the reason, but even though the last skill was used before they died, the DoT persisted
DF AQW  Post #: 188
4/9/2017 5:54:43   
Metakirby
Constructive & Helpful!

The DoT from Archpaladin lasts 100 seconds, so it's gonna tick away at your hp for quite a while unless you die or change class.
quote:

but even though the last skill was used before they died, the DoT persisted

I might be wrong, but having Eden miss/getting dodged doesn't consume stacks.
AQW  Post #: 189
4/9/2017 6:24:09   
you stop

@igotmad which server do you usually play at? I almost always catch a bunch of people at Bludrut Brawl whenever I go to Artix Server (im almost always at yorumi unless there's no one there farming the item im farming). In any case, what @TsumetheWolf said is the most reliable way to do it because there's no guarantee that you'll constantly get 5 from a regular BB match. The speed heavily depends on what class youre using but I do recommend LighCaster if you have it. If not, any solo-ing class should be able to reliably do it.

@metakirby thanks for that response :3 figured why my HP got ripped apart by an Alpha Omega.
AQW  Post #: 190
5/13/2017 2:49:41   
MaligKnight

I feel bad for using Void Highlord and this +3k health bonus amulet (7,005 health + constant self healing + high DPS lol i'm a raid boss) but i'm a state of desperation to finish getting these 1v1 combat trophies

Also there might be a bug involving killing yourself during a 1v1 match that will automatically win you the round. I have to look into this more so don't quote me on this (yet.)
DF AQW  Post #: 191
5/21/2017 11:32:27   
Doxus the OverLord

So, the PvP +5k HP necklace wasn't released due to mistake made by AE.
At the end, how could it get released? Could it be an AC-tagged drop? And as a bonus being non-member?
Think about the necklace's situation: +1,5k to non-members and +5k to members, do you feel is it right?

< Message edited by Doxus the OverLord -- 5/21/2017 11:33:00 >
Post #: 192
5/22/2017 1:04:55   
BernarthLim

Can you guys add a winrate% and record of win and lose in solo pvp and also player ranking and seperate pvp for non mem and member because its very unfair and wheres the fun their?
Post #: 193
7/6/2017 22:51:52   
Aura Knight

A PvP ranking system was listed on the frequently suggested ideas list but to this day we've got no more updates on whether or not that would happen. Certainly wouldn't be a bad thing. As for a separate PvP for members and non-members, not sure how needed that is. While members do get some higher hp amulets I don't think anything's so unfair that it makes PvP impossible for a non-member. And I think it's easier to join private instances of PvP maps with your friends if you want more fun from PvP.

< Message edited by Solanaceae -- 7/6/2017 22:51:52 >
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 194
7/7/2017 0:24:35   
Arcane Energy

Don't know much about this because I started about 3 years ago and it was more of a pastime and didn't really care for the rankings but......there used to be a player base ranking for PvP and Bludrutbrawl but it was NON OP CLASSES. There were also rules and they were modified as the game changed throughout the years mostly just the classes and types of necklaces.

You can find many youtube video's online just by searching AQW non-op. The rankings were once official but over time as the game started to die and rankings became all mixed up because the non-op community got mixed up and disorganized. Then the big update of the ability to /join bludrutbrawl and addition of guilds in the game helped to improve and organize non-op (feel like this was just a coincidence as guilds were just made to socialize and kill monsters with friends). Guilds then led to the start of guild wars which made PvP fun again because now you could battle with your friends against other guilds to increase your guild's rank/popularity in the non-op community, this was the last great thing to happen to the non-op PvP community after that it was all downhill. Then the next huge thing that killed non-op was the game's mistake of removing safiria server and then making it a test server (this greatly killed non-op as they were already disorganized and the removal of saf made it even worse because some players current or returning thought that the removal of saf was the game's way of telling players non-op was no more).

In my view, things like this are a huge indication that the game organizers do not even know their player base when it comes to PvP/BB because a once popular part of the game died and I'm 100% sure they were not even aware of it. If a PvP ranking system was added to the game a long time ago or if guild wars got more attention as in the game recognizing them (section on design notes of the top guild of the week) I believe for certain this game would be more popular than it is today. AQW most likely won't update PvP/BB in the near future and by the time they do I think players might just be over it. Ahhhhhhhhh-welllll it was fun while it lasted, it really was, ask anyone who took part in the saf glory days

Note: As far as I know non-op is now found in galanoth server but it's honestly dead.

< Message edited by Arcane Energy -- 7/7/2017 0:33:25 >
Post #: 195
7/7/2017 4:46:41   
XeNON_54

How much damage does Healer's Heartbeat skill do with the 5k necklaces in PvP?
Does it get reflected by reflect skills too?

< Message edited by XeNON_54 -- 7/7/2017 4:47:35 >
Post #: 196
7/7/2017 5:24:40   
Stronius

@Arcane Energy

With a class list like that, yeah, I could see the community being dead. If the only classes they allow are little more than starter classes, about 95% of what's in the game would be banned. Just imagine if Void Highlord existed back then.

I find it funny that their lists of classes is the clearest sign of power-creep, both in pvp and pve, that this game has had in a while. Alpha Omega, Archfiend, Lycan, and Oracle are all listed as "OP". Even Sentinel, the class so terrible that literally nobody uses it.

< Message edited by Stronius -- 7/7/2017 5:31:47 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 197
7/7/2017 6:21:33   
Metakirby
Constructive & Helpful!

@XeNON_54
If you read the description of Heartbeat, it would be pretty simple to figure out. You take the damage you would normally deal, subtract until you are left with what is 10% of your max hp, then figure out how much hp you have, divide that my 10 and then add what you subtracted before. Of course, you will rarely do that much, very often, because resistances, INT shields and getting hurt.

Why shouldn't it get reflected? The damage you do is likely already calculated*, so you do the damage with the amount of hp you had before using the skill and then it gets reflected back at you. This is just a logical answer, I haven't tested it.
*The damage your skill does, under normal circumstances, before any factors of your opponent comes into play.

< Message edited by Metakirby -- 7/7/2017 6:37:36 >
AQW  Post #: 198
7/13/2017 1:54:39   
Foulman

What's the longest PvP match you've ever been in? I just lasted 5 minutes straight as a level 59 BM against a level 80 Chrono Assassin. Full Thief is so troll!
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 199
7/13/2017 11:53:15   
axell5

Since my question caused a focus discussing stats which is something I'm not familiar with, could someone help me with enhancing DL/defender/warrior/pallyslayer/blademaster/sentinel/beastmaster that is best suited for brawling/1v1ing other players?
AQ DF MQ Epic  Post #: 200
Page:   <<   < prev  6 7 [8] 9 10   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest Worlds] >> AQWorlds General Discussion >> RE: =AQW= PvP Discussion Thread
Page 8 of 10«<678910>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition