Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =AQ3D= Feedback Thread

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest 3D] >> AdventureQuest 3D General Discussion >> RE: =AQ3D= Feedback Thread
Page 6 of 7«<34567>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
7/4/2017 10:47:34   
RKC

@XeNON_54

Ummmm upgraded my account
AQ DF MQ Epic  Post #: 126
7/4/2017 20:35:58   
primal_force

Hey just want to say great game. I really enjoy it, and it's perfect for this busy dad. Love that I can spend 10 min on it, clear a dungeon or two, and not have to worry that I'm not progressing. I look forward to logging in whenever I get a few spare minutes :)
Post #: 127
7/5/2017 7:12:36   
Paulus Xiphos

It's about to get a lot better soon. ;)
AQW  Post #: 128
7/7/2017 1:44:25   
Rancore AQW

Started the game few days ago and i noticed some things missing or could be improved (hardcore aqw player here):

-A shop implemented in the game menu like the crafting to reduce travel time.This way we wouldn't need to leave rooms to sell items and come back to find out we joined a different room with less members in it or inactive.This would make farming gold in magmamines or other places quite easier.

-Spawn rate on many bosses should be improved.Waiting 30 seconds for a boss to respawn that can be killed within mere seconds is a problem.The magmamines boss for example should have 5-10 seconds deducted from it's spawn rate to make things faster.
-Loot from boss disappears when the boss respawns if not collected in time.I think the little sack should be kept even after killed the 2nd try.But it's not very important.
-Bank pet.You get my point.Should be limited to guardians for example or purchasable for DC.
-Brighter colors on chests or a small high light in dungeons.Sometimes in dark red spooky dungeons you can miss out on the chests if not payed attention carefully.Small high light to make and will help a lot.Or golden sparkles around it.
-Like in aqw, the room we are in, to have a room number indicator so we can know which room we joined.
-More nation items to be farmed.Like the ones promised by Nulgath on his twitter
-Some hardcore armors/weapons should have a bonus to certain things.Like exp or gold while doing quests/monster drops.Like 1% more gold or 5% more gold boosts.Mostly items who take quite a lot to get or farm.

Bug: I don't if people noticed but some players can actually jump quite high in the air with the dragon transformation and fly in the air.It happens in battleon at the black item shops.Don't have the transformation but saw people doing it.

So far i am enjoying the game quite a lot.I am glad dungeons give tons of exp while hardcore farming them and players there have same levels and similar strenght level.The quest lines are funny and creative and the cutscenes are on point.Weapons look pretty nice too and armors match ups as well.Loving the tons of custom weapons to wear too.Like armor over armor XD.

< Message edited by Rancore AQW -- 7/7/2017 1:46:12 >
Post #: 129
7/7/2017 5:41:07   
Roaros

quote:

-Spawn rate on many bosses should be improved.Waiting 30 seconds for a boss to respawn that can be killed within mere seconds is a problem.The magmamines boss for example should have 5-10 seconds deducted from it's spawn rate to make things faster.

I disagree completely. boss-type mobs should NEVER respawn as fast as a common mob and honestly i think the spawn rate should be longer IMO.

quote:

-Loot from boss disappears when the boss respawns if not collected in time.I think the little sack should be kept even after killed the 2nd try.But it's not very important.

agreed, but I think it IS important to be able to gather your loot...eventually...lol. This is going to get a little fix at some point so we should wait to see what AE has in mind on this one.

Post #: 130
7/7/2017 7:55:55   
Revecca

PC people problems!

I have 113 buttons in front of me, could please let me use them to open more menus than the inventory and consumables?

On the subject of consumables, why don't we have a potion hotkey like in AQW for example?

How about a clear target hot key, you can already do it by clicking on nothing I know...

... but the mouse moves around like hell when you are trying to pan the camera the it gets over the chat or party and you start spinning instead of strafing because reasons and trying to clear your target so you can tab on the proper target doesn't work because you are over the chat window, but you don't know that cause you have lost your mouse and the target you are trying to tab to hits you with an aoe, then your party kills it, you are now locked in combat forever(-ish), all the while 2 dudes ignore completely what is happening because their back is turned and they are fully zoomed in with 0 on the FOV slider (defaults), and suddenly there is a whole in your monitor....

What I am trying to say is this:
- Please potion button.
- Please more hotkeys.
- Please lock the mouse cursor in place when rotating camera.
- Please maintain zoom level between zones. (that was quick :P)
- Please either set default FOV slider level to max -OR- put a tip on the loading screens and/or tutorial about the extra options because most people have no idea what it is and/or that it exists.

And lastly, give us some real numbers, warcry has the % of attack increased in the tooltip when you can simply check it with a simple calculation while stealth buff needs hours of testing to accurately calculate the exact effect it has on your character. Why?
You don't want giant tooltips? You don't want to confuse younger players with math they should be able to do? Fine, make a page on the site, and when you change something update said page. It should be simple since you should know the exact formula for everything and even if you live tweak ALL stats 5 times a day, it would still take just a tiny amount of time to simply plug the numbers in the page and let us know what's what.
The stat descriptions I hope are a joke btw and they're going to have some real information soon. Right?

P.S: I just mentioned the stuff that can't be fixed with content updates or more shiny pixels to stick upon our humanoid shaping pixels. Hopefully you were planning on doing all the stuff mentioned above, I just wish they got a bit more priority since they would make everything feel much better and/or make more sense.

Thank you for you time.

< Message edited by Revecca -- 7/10/2017 22:31:04 >
Post #: 131
7/7/2017 12:48:37   
oishii
fish

Yes we already plan on doing all of that; there are just a lot of things being worked on currently and only a very small number of coders.
Post #: 132
7/8/2017 21:26:19   
RKC

Can I suggest putting a weapon, glove and cape on the alpha pirate set PLEASE!!!
AQ DF MQ Epic  Post #: 133
7/11/2017 9:34:58   
XeNON_54

Whoohoo Abyss Staff is back to number 1.
Good timing too. I was almost desperate enough to craft the next best thing instead.
Glad I held on to it instead of selling it for bagspace.
Post #: 134
7/12/2017 16:25:35   
ninjablu2

First time posting in this thread.

So first off, congratulations AE! You guys have put a TON of effort into AQ3D, and considering that this is your first venture into the 3D MMO world, it's quite decent. I know that many of the things I'm about to say are probably being worked on already, but I'll say it all just in case.

Crafting/Enhancements

I really liked the Enhancement system in AQW. Players could spend more time playing through the awesome storylines and getting their favorite items instead of spending hours finding craft materials for gear. However, by itself, the enhancement system is a bit too simplistic for me. I think that AQ3D would benefit if it included enhancements and the current crafting system. If this were to happen, the enhancements should not overpower crafted equipment, but they should be powerful enough for players to defeat enemies of their level without immense difficulty. So in other words, enhancements would make an item "average powered" for that respective level, while crafted gear, which takes far more effort, can be much stronger. IMO, this would really help casual mobile players who don't have time to get a bunch of crafted gear just so they can keep up with the monsters. I believe having the enhancement system in AQ3D would also increase the power difference between levels, so players have more of a motivation to level up.

Hotkeys

I'm pretty sure a few posters have talked about hotkeys, but this is a short list of what I think should have one:

1. Potions - another option would be to add a 5th slot along with the class skills, like in AQW
2. Picking up loot - it's inconvenient to click on those loot bags one by one
3. Quest log
4. Travel forms

Go to

With the current "go to" system in AQ3D, it always places you at the beginning of the map. It's pretty annoying if you're trying to join a friend to fight a boss or something, but you have to walk through 50 enemies first. I know there might be some technical difficulties with this (I know absolutely nothing about game development/coding), but it would be really helpful if you spawned closer to whoever you wanted to go to.

Level Curve

The later levels were pretty okay - if you did the Shatterskull and Ashfall quests, there wasn't a lot of grinding necessary to level up. But the jump between Greenguard and Doomwood is too much. Instead of making the Doomwood monsters weaker, it would probably be better to stretch out Greenguard a bit in terms of how much you need to level, since there's a lot of dungeons available in that area.

Cutscenes

I don't hate them, but I don't love them either. The actions of the characters are way too dramatic, and sometimes it just looks silly. I know that it's more difficult to show expression when the player is wearing helms that hide facial expressions, but it wouldn't hurt to tone it down a bit. Also, I personally don't like the italicized and capitalized font, but I don't know how other players feel. On the other hand, the text is great (in both cutscenes and general NPC dialogue) and maintains the wit and charm (and puns!) of past AE games.

In the future, I would like to see more cinematic, AQW-style cutscenes instead of just npcs talking to the character. For example, the cutscene with
spoiler:

Essa's Death
was great near the end.

Dungeons

I would LOVE to have more puzzles in dungeons. The puzzles so far have been awesome, and they make the dungeons feel like more than mindless monster killing. Although the occasional "Kill all the monsters!" is okay, increasing the types and amount of puzzles would make running through dungeons much more interesting.

Also, chests should drop more than just potions. Maybe gold, cosmetics, or a random quest item? Whatever it may be, the chests right now are worthless if you have x999 potions (or some other large number) already.

Finally, I definitely agree with past posters that 3 hrs for a single dungeon key is overkill. Either stick with 20 and have a faster restock time, or increase the max number. Preferably the first option.

RNG

RNG is okay for me, as long as it's not in a dungeon. If you just have to keep killing one boss, fine. But in a dungeon, where you have to use up a dungeon key (especially with the current restock time), get through multiple rooms first, and THEN kill the monster that drops whatever you're looking for, it's disappointing and annoying when it doesn't drop.

More Specific Stuff

The mobs in Valek's Dungeon need a serious nerf. Everyone who goes in that dungeon just walks on the walls and completely avoids them, and with good reason! They don't drop anything useful, and it would take forever to kill them all. Currently, they might as well not be there at all.

Also, I believe the portal for the "pull the lever to remove the roots" section of Silverstone Mines in Livingstone Alcove should be placed closer to the lever. Lately, there's been a lot of lvl. 17s there only for Senna's crafting quests, and most of the time the player who pulls the lever doesn't have enough time to go all the way back and get through the portal before the other party members kill the boss, meaning they wasted a dungeon key. It's a decent puzzle, but it gets frustrating for players who miss out on killing the boss.

These are obviously just my opinions, and the AE team absolutely does not have to do what I suggested. I know you guys work ridiculously hard but you have a small team, so improvements will come slowly but surely. If you didn't read this, I don't blame you, and if you did, thank you for taking the time. And sorry this took up so much space. I tried to keep it concise, but it got kind of long anyway...

edit 1: Fixed grammar/spelling

< Message edited by ninjablu2 -- 7/12/2017 16:42:21 >
Post #: 135
7/13/2017 2:30:51   
Foulman

Please give us a lefty mode! It's a little painful right now. I'd also like the character to match the lefty mode, if that's at all possible. It feels really weird to have a right handed character on left handed controls. I saw that Charfade mentioned it before.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 136
7/13/2017 8:53:51   
XeNON_54

If any enhancement system would take place in AQ3D it shouldn't be something that gives stats to an item.
It should be more like the Awe Enhancements where it gives a chance effect that activates on Auto-Attacks.

Kinda like an extra skill that you can put in any CLASS.
No more of that overpowered Luck enhancement shenanigans in AQW.
Post #: 137
7/31/2017 10:38:23   
Sypherix

Been a while since I posted here. But it looks like updates on the class revamp will be posted soon! Looking forward to it
AQW  Post #: 138
7/31/2017 19:24:09   
Iron Volvametal

This Bank update's pretty awesome!

New stuff? Yup(those new Nightlocke weapons look amazing).

Keyless-Dungeon that has chests that drop Potions? Yup.

New crafting/quest material that drops plentiful from said dungeon monsters, reducing the grind considerably compared to the Defender stuff from before? Oh yeah.

I really like this update. And I'm going to love it even more with that supposed free Bank Slot at Rank 10(+30 more items to keep? Oh lawdy). I'm Rank 4 right now, so it'll be a while until I get the stuff I want, but with the previously mentioned grind reduction, I'm happy to do so.

Great job guys.
AQW  Post #: 139
8/1/2017 7:15:42   
XeNON_54

It's kinda weird how Vulgren called us Hero instead of Adventurer.
It paints him instantly as a Villain instead of someone who's reasonably mad that he might lose his job to some guy who just showed up out of nowhere.
Post #: 140
8/2/2017 2:58:07   
Iron Volvametal

Okay, I have a minor complaint about the release.

The Master Vault Keystaff requires 2,500 Security Badges, but is only at Lvl6; I highly doubt that a Lvl6-7 Player would want to farm these dungeons to get a weapon that they'll probably overlevel anyway from the amount of grinding they'd have to do to get 2,500 Security Badges, especially when they can get a Lvl6-7 weapon for much less effort & with somewhat similar stats.

I'd tone this item back to around 500 Badges. That's about 5-6 runs through the dungeons(I average about 100 per run, every 4-5min as a lvl17 Solo in the 1st dungeon).

The rest of the items seem to be okay in terms of grinding. The Plutocrat set is incredibly easy to get & the Nightlocke upgrades are reasonably high for being another upgrade. The Plague Mask & Guardian Crown are also reasonable, though, I feel like the Plague Mask should be lowered a bit to 3,000-4,000 since it's just a cosmetic. If anything, I feel like the Plutocrat stuff should cost more, like from 5 to 50, 10 to 100, & 20 to 200, since you can get about 3-9 Badges from a single Guard, so there's no challenge in getting any of the items.
AQW  Post #: 141
8/3/2017 6:53:42   
Vypie

I would like to see a change in how the Defender/Bank progressions work.

Since the badges are required to both rank up AND buy stuff, you currently end up farming for the rank first, and THEN you start farming the items (if you want to be smart and efficient).
Wouldn't it be much more interesting to keep those progressions separate, and craft items while ranking up?

They could keep the total farm time the same (RANK+ITEMS), but without discouraging you from crafting items.
This way the ranks would work much better, since they could gate the items which become available for you to buy (Rather than rushing to max rank before anything else).
I believe that it would make the whole progression more engaging and less repetitive/boring. Since you are getting things bit by bit along the way, you feel satisfied and rewarded enough to keep going.
Epic  Post #: 142
8/3/2017 9:24:41   
LouisCyphere

Can the devs dial the grinding a bit down?
I know you want to keep the players occupied but at least consider that some of us are working so that we can buy packages.

It works for the current players because there's not much content yet but you have to consider the future new players who would be looking at these items and just groan at the amount of items to farm.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 143
8/3/2017 13:53:09   
One Winged Angel1357

@^ the current players are already complaining about the grind as well. If you go read the steam reviewed the ones that are actually helpful, not singing the praise of Artix without saying a word about the game, are mostly warning or complaining about how brutal the grind is.

It even seems Artix is aware of this but we will have to wait until the greenguard revamp is out to see if it is actually any better.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 144
8/3/2017 20:50:44   
*Nova*

The grind itself isn't too bad... It's the soulcrushingly dull combat that's desaturating the entire process. But yeah I agree, grinding in AQ3D is pretty much a chore.
DF MQ  Post #: 145
8/3/2017 22:04:18   
RKC

I wish they would stray away from the grinding part of the game. Try something new aside from it.
AQ DF MQ Epic  Post #: 146
8/4/2017 2:48:54   
LouisCyphere

@OneWingedAngel:
The only ones singing praises are those people commenting in the aq3d site. Not only praise but even give ridiculous suggestions and want to see bigger numbers (ex. 9999 Defender Medals for a rank up) Talk about Absurdity.

Most positive feedback comes from players of AQW so it's not surprising that they're used to the grind but for new players, they would surely be put off by the grind.

Update: I'm not sure whether to be happy or angry at the 5 man party Bank dungeon. On one hand, it's the fastest way to get Security Badges (I haven't tested Deep Vault yet) and on the other hand, it basically made the solo and 2 man party bank dungeons nearly useless.

< Message edited by LouisCyphere -- 8/4/2017 8:55:04 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 147
8/4/2017 9:40:36   
oishii
fish

The "main story" portion of the game should feel much less grindy and move fairly quickly (at least that is the goal moving forward).

For the side content (such as the Bank), these are things that they've added to give players additional things and goals to work for. It's seen as "optional" content for those who do want to do the work and take the time to go through.
Post #: 148
8/4/2017 11:08:14   
LouisCyphere

I'm glad to hear that.

If I would suggest something, partying in a group should make things faster similar to the 5 man party bank dungeon. I'm getting almost 5 times more badges compared to going solo. So it's a great incentive to run dungeons with other people (to give emphasis on the MMO part of the game). It also helps that the mobs drop more gold compared to other mobs outside.

How about gear progression though? Would it remain the same? crafting gear using materials that drop from dungeon?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 149
10/29/2017 9:01:32   
Shiny_Underpants

The new combat is a definite improvement, however it is still... somewhat underwhelming. Every skill is now merely a damage modifier.
Strategically, there is one dimension to gameplay; the proportion of health percentage of your opponent and yourself. In short, any strategy must rely simply on hitting an opponent... harder than they hit you.
Spacial mapping has no meaning to the combat. The opponents can auto-aim, and (as some testing has revealed) hit you even while running in opposite directions, provided you are within range. High ground is equivalently useless.
While I don't object to having options for auto-aim and so forth on mobile versions, it makes the PC version quite tiresome.

Another issue is mobs; it would appear that they are currently server-side. In many cases, as with multiple players attacking them at once, this makes sense.
However fighting these involves a considerable input delay. Client-side mobs always feel much more responsive. There are some obvious features to potentially rectify this, such as having many small enemies spawning in set groups client-side, and a counter attached to the server-side region, etc.
Changing this would also lower the high data transfer rate, which is currently something of an issue.

AQ3D feels entirely like a mobile game. Playing from PC feels somewhat pointless, even for co-operative play-- as the only viable strategy is to hit the mob until it dies. I'll go into strategy in more detail in the Suggestions thread.
Post #: 150
Page:   <<   < prev  3 4 5 [6] 7   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest 3D] >> AdventureQuest 3D General Discussion >> RE: =AQ3D= Feedback Thread
Page 6 of 7«<34567>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition