Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: Gifting/Trading Wishlist

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest General Discussion >> RE: Gifting/Trading Wishlist
Page 21 of 39«<1920212223>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
6/17/2017 22:00:48   
Heroes of the Scape

My AQ3D Custom Weapon

Fighting isn't always a bad thing
AQ  Post #: 501
6/17/2017 22:01:45   
battler121212

Honestly I'm surprised he is willing to part with that weapon to begin with.
AQ  Post #: 502
6/17/2017 22:12:59   
Thor

Ohh. I thought it was an AQ weapon, it interested me for a second.
AQ AQW  Post #: 503
6/17/2017 22:17:26   
Ophanim

True, there shouldn't be anything special about getting it since you can beat the essence for it
Post #: 504
6/17/2017 22:18:11   
Heroes of the Scape

It saves you time and cap space during Dragon Wars.
AQ  Post #: 505
6/17/2017 22:20:56   
SnakeYear

It's a little funny to see all this bickering for the OG Dragonblade. I agree that it's pretty damn awesome, one of the rarest weapons in game, but seriously lol.
The staff still have yet to decide on the full details of how they are going to implement the system. Maybe we should wait before getting too hasty and riled up over trades until we have some set-in-stone info about how it's going to work. What kind of trades will be permissible? Item-specific? Are there any additional costs? Again, I don't want to be a party pooper - I also agree that it can be fun to write out potential trades - but hey hey, we shouldn't overly get our hopes up.

< Message edited by SnakeYear -- 6/17/2017 22:23:49 >
AQ AQW  Post #: 506
6/17/2017 22:23:18   
Thor

Can't see why contest items shouldn't be tradeable, though
AQ AQW  Post #: 507
6/17/2017 22:24:18   
Cobra
Banned

^^ No, its simply matter of locking in potential things that you want. Once its implemented people who just come in and start will be way, way behind the players who have been active from the beginning of this thread.

Getting Full Metal Santa is a want WISHLIST

< Message edited by Cobra -- 6/18/2017 19:13:35 >
AQ  Post #: 508
6/17/2017 22:27:20   
SnakeYear

I know - I was just warning about not getting too eager and hasty. There's definitely an advantage to those who have already posted if the system does eventually get implemented and many of the potential trades that have been agreed upon will be allowed. But a lot of this is still speculation and we have yet to see how the system itself will eventually present itself. TL;DR - Be cautious.
AQ AQW  Post #: 509
6/17/2017 22:28:09   
pihilliplopoph

Guys anyone willing to trade every one of their rares doesn't just want the dragon blade because it's a decent weapon they want it for it's rarity/because it's an iconic weapon. I'm pretty surprised to see people saying it's not worth much because you can just get the temp version.
Post #: 510
6/17/2017 22:33:24   
Thor

quote:

^^ No, its simply matter of locking in potential things that you want. Once its implemented people who just come in and start will be way, way behind the players who have been active from the beginning of this thread.

Even better reason to join in.

@Snake, yeah but there is about 90% chance of us being able to trade anything but promos (we aren't sure about that) and as long as it can be sold, it can be traded. and even if it cant, the guy can ask for it to be able to be tradeable, it's extremly easy

quote:

Guys anyone willing to trade every one of their rares doesn't just want the dragon blade because it's a decent weapon they want it for it's rarity/because it's an iconic weapon.

Exactly
AQ AQW  Post #: 511
6/17/2017 22:35:13   
Andlu

Ya know, considering this thread got FAQ'd, I wouldn't say were jumping the gun at all
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 512
6/17/2017 22:37:49   
Thor

Exactly my point
AQ AQW  Post #: 513
6/17/2017 22:58:27   
SnakeYear

Look, I love this concept of rare item trading. I think it brings vitality in the game. I have nothing wrong with this thread. Don't take this the wrong way: all I'm doing is warning against getting tempers flared up by potential trades (especially for ones as succulent, juicy, and downright sexy as the OG DB), just because nothing is necessarily set in stone until it's completely implemented.

And yeah, it's FAQ'd because staff are interested in our opinions of what this system should look like. If tempers start boiling over trades, that isn't necessarily a good look.
AQ AQW  Post #: 514
6/17/2017 23:18:37   
Hymnsicality

Is offering real money for items against the rules? It's incredibly hard to enforce and may open up some insane bidding wars. Also it does sound like its falls into some grey areas, but unlike buying and selling characters, the seller can't really steal back the item. But I'm also assuming that the majority of those on the forums are adults by now and know what they want and how much they'd be willing to pay. Thoughts?
AQ  Post #: 515
6/17/2017 23:20:01   
Heroes of the Scape

All game assets are the property of AE. You are not allowed to sell items for real money.
AQ  Post #: 516
6/17/2017 23:41:27   
Thor

He means z tokens lol.
AQ AQW  Post #: 517
6/17/2017 23:58:19   
Hymnsicality

^Essentially yeh. Dude trades Dragonblade for like 500,000 Z-tokens. But then again there's not really that much stuff to spend it on.
AQ  Post #: 518
6/18/2017 0:26:36   
BlazeBane

I would like to address this before it gets out of hand.

I appreciate all the offers - I really do, it's been overwhelming. I expressed interest in 1 AQ3D item, and received offers including token z packages. The rules of trading aren't even out yet, so all this is merely on a discussion level. I will, however, keep all the PM and comb through them at a latter date. If the offer has 'expired', it's alright.

Power-wise, you may refer to the pedia: it's capped at Level 97 (Pwl level 100 I believe). It's nowhere as powerful as the one you can quest for at Lv150. So if you are using it for battles - you're in for a disappointment.

Rarity-wise, it didn't even make it to the Top 10 list some folks were referring to.
Galanoth himself has one.
Minion of Poelala, formerly super active forumer has one, though he hasn't played in a while.
Dracona, an old time rare collector has one on his rare storage character, not sure if he's open to trading.
BK, another ultra rare collector has one.
This is the one I have.
LovveL, a mega donator has multiple copies last we were in contact. He is also the first person to obtain one with about 50 donations.
I know of 1 more active player with one, but I believe he wishes to keep it a secret.

Bottom line is, the fact that it didn't make the top 10 proves there are probably like a dozen copies of there which I don't know about as well.

Lastly, it's currently tagged as a 'no-drop', so the staff would need to tag it as tradeable in the future for any trading to even be possibe
Post #: 519
6/18/2017 0:35:49   
Hymnsicality

^I think it's very hard to put a price on something that so many people coveted so much as a kid and now they have a second chance, no matter how small, at. Yes, logically it won't really do much except look pretty on the character page but the emotional, sentimental value is hard to quantify.

To me though I'd rather go all out for someone who has a mime axe or a bitter frost. Because they have functionality as well as aesthetics and rarity. But who knows, if I had been introduced to AQ a few years earlier or was a bit older at the time maybe I'd be equally swept up in the craze.
AQ  Post #: 520
6/18/2017 0:59:55   
Zeruphantom

quote:

Original: Ophanim

Actually that would be a rip off lol it's just a dragonblade that available to all with just 15 minute of work

quote:

I will my entire character for Dragonblade

Nobody wants your poor rares. I think you're the salty one, now sit down before you get embarrassed.

quote:

I will give you all this

- Pixel Hero
- Pixel Shield
- Ultra Omni Knight Blade
- Omni Knight Blade
- Eternity Key
- Golden Dragon Spear
- Spirit Protector
- Solar Flair Staff
- Your Bologna
- Zombie Axe Master Shield
- Zombie Master Axe
- Human Fisher
- Headless Horseman

quote:

These are all rare to Ultra rare items

And you're one to talk about rip-offs?

On a more discussion-oriented note, I knew trading would bring out the absolute worst in people. I started to like the idea of an economy in the game until I saw just how big of a mess this thread has become. Well done. Greed is evil, and it has certainly divided many individuals. I don't know if it was in the staff's best interest to have people literally offer hundreds and hundreds of dollars worth of packages at someone just for a single item - albeit a very sought after one, and one that I would certainly love to have in my inventory, but in no shape or form is it morally right to start wars and screw other people over. I've already seen instances of people being scammed (or at least will be set up for one when the trading system arrives), and now it's just become a matter of who can pay the other guy the most money, rather than a fair auction. Money talks.

Trading was a great idea on paper, and for a while I was behind it, but it's too bad that the paper is now being ripped up by the community and tossed in the bin. The fact that we have zero knowledge or zero criteria about this trading system is the first issue. People getting far too ahead of themselves... #NotMyGame2k17

(Also people saying that the perma DB isn't special are just super salty that they have no chance of getting it )

< Message edited by Zeruphantom -- 6/18/2017 1:12:06 >

Thank you for 1K subs! <3

AQ Epic  Post #: 521
6/18/2017 1:21:33   
Heroes of the Scape

Actually, Cap did list the ideas being considered. All of them revolve around RARE items. I will quote it here for everyone.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Captain Rhubarb
There's different Gifting and Trading systems being considered for AQ
Here's some labels we can use for discussion:

Z-Token Item Transfer
This is planned for next major Shop update
Player can transfer Z-Token items into their account shared vault, and any character on their account can retrieve the item.
Z-Tokens can also be stored/retrieved in their vault.
As usual, vault is NOT shared with other people's accounts.

Gift Buying
Buying a Z-Token item and choosing a character to receive the item.
(or perhaps a limited time seasonal gold item like "frostval fruitcake basket")
Optional "Give Item to Random Player" button?

Gifting
Giving away a RARE (no longer buyable) gold item to another character.
Players could agree to Gift each other certain items, doing a trade, but nothing in-game to enforce the trade.

Trading
Two players agree to trade different RARE items between their characters.
The game enforces two-way agreements on what's being traded before trade occurs.
This system would best work outside the game with secure browser form, CAPTCHA, email confirmation, etc.

Gifting Pool
Players give away one RARE item into a magic "pool" each day.
The next day, each player that tossed an item into the pool gets one random item back from the pool.
Like 'Yankee Swap', without the stealing.
The event would run for a limited time, since eventually everyone would get something they'd keep.
Players would need to be at level-cap in order to participate. Guardian chars might need separate pool?
We could seed the pool each day with a few RARE items, to keep things interesting!

The issue is that after this was posted, this thread was put up and people went crazy. This is not your fault SS2195. From what I have read above, Currently available packages will NOT be tradable since they are not Rare items. That is part of what is happening. People are making deals for current package items that will most likely not going to be possible. (I am guilty of one but am very certain that it will fall through for reason previous). We all need to take a step back, take a deep breath and wait for further information from the Cap'n.

(Is it going too far to ask for a temporary lock on this thread from an AK until we have more details? I would hate to see this idea scrapped because of fights among the community).

< Message edited by Heroes of the Scape -- 6/18/2017 1:27:46 >
AQ  Post #: 522
6/18/2017 2:46:17   
Seth Hydra
How We Roll Winner
Nov14

What really makes an item valuable? This is something that i've been asking myself and how exactly do you quantify rarity and usefulness compared to other items of the same pvlvl and type.

CH4OT1C and I did come up with a tiering list of sorts of some rares and seasonals we could find that categorizes them on three criteria, Rarity, Power and Distribution. While Dragonblade does come in the highest ranked tier, given the fascination that some have with it with regards to its iconic status, being the ultimate dragonslaying tool that's permanently available as well as potential suitors or whales who are ready to offer a lot for it makes me believe it, along with perhaps indestructible plate are two of the most sought after items in the game.

Sure there may be other items like Frogzard Sword and a host of other items which have fewer copies available in the game, but none of them have the same appeal do they?

AQ DF AQW  Post #: 523
6/18/2017 3:06:51   
Kajimaru

Anyone else willing to part with a moglord tortress??
AQ  Post #: 524
6/18/2017 3:17:08   
stratuscone

I have one, if the trade is right
AQ DF  Post #: 525
Page:   <<   < prev  19 20 [21] 22 23   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest General Discussion >> RE: Gifting/Trading Wishlist
Page 21 of 39«<1920212223>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition