Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =DF= Battle Strategy Thread

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> RE: =DF= Battle Strategy Thread
Page 10 of 25«<89101112>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
10/16/2018 8:15:35   
BluuHorseOfficial

I’m sorry if this puts you down, but I can’t make a strategy for this challenge. It’s not possible to form a step by step rotation for this one.

Even if I manage to make it, you’ll waste some time trying to find the step you’re in, which will make Vaal’s Ego hurt you more.

Try it with PDL.
DF  Post #: 226
10/16/2018 8:58:15   
Shadow X Ascendant

PDL can't Nuke 3k HP from Xan in 3 Turns (Shield bash) even with The Max Patience of 104% Damage.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 227
10/16/2018 10:08:38   
Plutonium

@Bluu: that's fine

EDIT I: ITS DINNTERTIME! FINALLY beat Egomaniacs on the Floor and got Vaal's Ego Thanks again to everyone who helped

< Message edited by Plutonium -- 10/18/2018 14:45:48 >
DF  Post #: 228
10/29/2018 14:09:39   
Drakon860

Okay, this is my very first time posting on the forums, even though I've been playing df for over 10 years. This is in celebration of the fact that, just minutes ago, I managed to beat Egomaniacs, the only challenge remaining for me in the Inn! I do not have doomknight, and I tried with various armors multiple times, including PDL, EPL, Necro Paragon, and deathknight. Out of these, I found the most success with PDL and Necro Paragon. Both times, I managed to kill Vaal, and got stuck with Xan, either losing my Frozen Claymore's 50 turn fire resist, or missing the stun and causing him to heal. While using Necro Paragon, I actually managed to activate the claymore a second time, and stalled out his entire 30 turn avoidance, after which he promptly resisted my stun again, and healing back to full. Nothing more I could do.

This gave me the idea of using Ranger, and boy, was that a wonderful, absolutely wonderful fight. With Ranger's double turn system, I could effectively have a 100 turn fire resist through the claymore, instead of 50.

Items:
Temp Frozen Claymore
King Dragon Blade of Spades
(Show Candy Sword)
Puzzling Cards
Jeweled Seal Ring of Wall
The Baron's Fearless Helm
Sundragon Pendant
Uaanta's Blaster IV (My best trinket, you could bring other trinkets, with even more fire resist if you want)
VoidWoven Belt
Legion Bracer

My Items got me to 77 fire resist, and 8 all resist, but remember, this is with the King Dragon BOS, not the Claymore.

First turn Shield, and then spam attack till the Claymore special activates (Not a real strategy, I know, but its the best I've got) I managed to get it on the 3rd turn. Switch to the KDBOS and show candy sword, and you now have regeneration throughout the fight.

I focused on Vaal first, because of his annoying one-turn resistance removal.

Stacked 5 poison arrows, and then just whatever. With the ranger class, you can use the entire left side anytime, getting double turns after your first four. On the right side of your skills, you can use the last 3 skills with the double turns.

DO NOT USE THE ATTACK, SHIELD, CRIPPLE, KICK, OR REST skills ever. They will cause you to lose your double turns, forcing you to build up the focus again.
Vaal is pretty easy to kill, do not worry about his resistance removal, don't use shield except on the first turn. Always keep up the double turns.

Xan is pretty straightforward, right until he has 3000 hp. Try stunning him at the closest possible moment, failure isn't that punishing with Ranger, since you get 2 turns.
He had 2800 hp, I used stun, followed by a sky assault, which brought him down to 1400 hp (I had used a spotter's shot the previous turn, causing both these turns to crit)
He resisted the stun, but my pet dragon managed to stun him, lol. I love Blitz, he's the best.
I finished him off with Armorslash and Purge

And with that, Egomaniacs is done!

(In the last 2 days, I've managed to beat Primordials 3 times, Dominion 2 times, and Big&small 2 times, lol) All the items are mine, Muahaha!

< Message edited by Drakon860 -- 10/29/2018 14:11:31 >
Post #: 229
11/3/2018 9:29:10   
moe

Dudes. I was thinking of using Entropy to beat the dominion challenges as I've been unsuccessful with B. soulweaver and I recently discovered Entropy's -60 to darkness. Any way I can use Entropy to beat dominion?
AQW  Post #: 230
11/3/2018 11:20:01   
Shadow X Ascendant

Instead of Uaanta Blaster you can use NTSB or Mirror Trinket Eye (+10 Fire). And Once you stack 5 Focus ( Extra Turns ) Attack also work on both Normal and Extra Turns. Instead of King Dragon Blade/Dirk/Staff of Spades that costs DCs. You can alao use King Blade/Dirk/Staff of spades that costs 28000 Gold only.

< Message edited by Shadow X Ascendant -- 11/3/2018 11:21:35 >
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 231
11/5/2018 22:27:35   
Silver Sky Magician

MEGA ACC: HOLY CHICKENCOW, I beat the Crawler + Centaur Challenge as a LEVEL 52 CHARACTER!!!

Thanks to BluuHorseOfficial for the tip to use Deathknight, Artix and Mritha!

I personally used 200 END + 55 DEX, Omniblade (show BoA), Necro Paragon Cape II, Brunost Ring, Scorpiarc Trophy Helm, Poison Ward Amulet IV, Summon Honda and Pockets of Roe.

That bracer is now mine!

< Message edited by Silver Sky Magician -- 11/5/2018 22:55:11 >
Post #: 232
11/7/2018 5:01:42   
Flamerider345

@Drakon860, Thank you so much man for giving the tips on using ranger for egomaniacs. I was finally able to beat it after trying so many times with BSW , EPL, cryptic but never won. Also xan resisted mi stun too but I kept attacking got a few hits in during his shield and wen I had 10 turns of fire resist left I tried activating FC special again. Got it after a while and then took xan down.

Also used ranger with FC for failed doom and beat tat too. I honestly never understood Rangers greatness till now.

One point though..the attack button for ranger doesn't reset the multiplier.... I was able to do two hits despite using only attack.

Also...does anyone have any tips for unraveller EX?

< Message edited by Flamerider345 -- 11/7/2018 5:03:28 >
DF MQ  Post #: 233
11/7/2018 10:30:10   
LordKnight01

@Flamerider345
Unraveler Ex is the most difficult challenge at the Inn, Edge of Time. Only one strategy that I could beat this challenge is PDL with Cysero's Hamstergeddon. Actually, there are another strategies but I never try.

For everyone who doesn't have any class to nuke Xan in egomaniacs challenge, try to activate Cysero's Hamstergeddon against Xan.
With this strategy, PDL can generate damage about 4000 with skill Dragon Heart. Xan can be nuked without stunning.

< Message edited by LordKnight01 -- 11/7/2018 10:31:12 >
DF AQW  Post #: 234
11/7/2018 11:02:55   
Shadow X Ascendant

Failed Doom Strategy (If you have Inventory space you can get some itens to add Extra resistance against Sepulchure if not just use the First equips set). If you have DM Gear, better, if not use These.
Class - Ninja. Weapons. SoulForged Weapon Ice Lv 85 (If you bring Temp Frozen Claymore). If you hace some DCs to spend on Hamster then SoulForged Weapon ??? Lv 85 if you bring Hamstergeddon). Blade of Awe. Transcendence
200 Protection Dragon + 5 Potions (Scrap Cloak) and Hero's Diet.
Equips When Both Alive (Joker Madness Lv 80. Warding Girgle Lv 85. Leaf Of Flux III. Tentacle of Dominion III, Unraveler Wings III, Legion Bracer)
Equips when Seppy is alone (Shining Mantle of Destiny, Shining Helm of Destiny, Unhallowed DK Circlet Lv 80, Transcendence)
Trinket Vaal's Ego or Not-So-Tiny Bubbles. (You decide)
First Caitiff
Try To Proc Hamster/Frozen Claymore special to Kill Caitiff Fast . Watch out for "What thoughts crawl through your mind?". When you activate the special. Kill caitiff as fast as you can always using the defensive skills .
When Caitiff is down heal yourself with food if needed. Now here is the trick. Use attack until special proc . Remembering to Use defensive skills too. Once is activated show Blade of Awe and all you have to do is use Your Defensive Skills And DoTs and Seppy will die. With hamster is way faster i must say. You can switch to Transcendence if Your dots and defenses are all on cooldown.
This can also be Done with DeathKnight, Ranger; PDL and EPL Reflect Shield.

< Message edited by Shadow X Ascendant -- 11/7/2018 11:04:37 >
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 235
11/7/2018 12:03:32   
Drakon860

@Flamerider345
Yeah, sorry for the confusion, You can use the attack button without resetting Ranger's double turns, I was mistaken. I just thought the double turns stayed as long as you kept using skills that involved the bow and arrows, haha
Post #: 236
11/8/2018 8:34:26   
Flamerider345

@LordKnight01
thanks for the tip but i dont hav DCs. As i thought i should hav used EPLs OHKO scythe wen i had the chance....i was hoping there would be strategy to take it down without using it but i guess its toughness is the real deal. Would the frozen claymore be enough? i won the recent duo challenges with it so i think i mite go with tat. ive tried PDL once and failed badly.... is there any particular rotation u no of tat can help?

@Drakon860
Actually u arent wrong abt one thing.....while the double turns stays until you use the moves u mentioned (besides attack) i found tat some skills dont activate the double attack wen they r used first like thee duel hit melee skill and the trinket. not sure if it was a glitch or tats how it works,but using ranged moves on the first double attack mite be a gud idea like u said.

Also can anyone suggest some gud gear for the unraveller EX fight.

< Message edited by Flamerider345 -- 11/8/2018 9:28:26 >
DF MQ  Post #: 237
11/12/2018 6:06:05   
LordKnight01

@Flamerider345

PDL without Cysero's Hamster can also nuke Xan.
During 3 turn that Xan is stunned, change some your gears to the best offensive gears such as UBLoD for weapon, SoulForged Ring and eat food item for +50 STR/INT/DEX depending on your class.
Using skill Dragon Heart -> Dragon Bite -> Rush

I can kill Xan within 2 turns. My overall STR is 315.

< Message edited by LordKnight01 -- 11/12/2018 6:49:30 >
DF AQW  Post #: 238
11/12/2018 7:17:25   
BluuHorseOfficial

^depending on your stat investment
Class doesn’t matter
DF  Post #: 239
11/12/2018 7:31:25   
LordKnight01

@BluuHorseOfficial

I mean base class. My character is Warrior Base class so I use food for +50 STR.
If your character is Rouge Base class, eat the food for +50 DEX.
Actually, you may be corrected because STR increases overall damage and INT increases critical damage.

< Message edited by LordKnight01 -- 11/12/2018 7:38:04 >
DF AQW  Post #: 240
11/12/2018 7:36:11   
BluuHorseOfficial

What?
It’s not even on investment actually, but optimally you should invest in STR for this challenge regardless.

How does your base class dictate how you use food on your DragonLord? Optimally if you want damage, you’d want to eat the STR food item, Gorillaphant Knuckles, for extra damage. I don’t know how much Crit you’ll have but if it’s under 80, you don’t want to eat the INT food and definitely not the DEX food item due to not being able to use DoTs and the inefficiency of DoTs over 3 turns against 3000 HP.

Read this useful guide for information in stats and what they do, and how to use them. Your current class’ playstyle and/or the battle you’re in dictates your stat investment, not your base class. That being said, most classes are great with STR/END.

< Message edited by BluuHorseOfficial -- 11/12/2018 7:44:03 >
DF  Post #: 241
11/12/2018 7:54:09   
LordKnight01

@BluuHorseOfficial

Thank you from your guide but

From my test to my Soulweaver character which is mage class and has stat STR 200 and INT 200.

Old damage is 123 - 131
After eat food for +50 STR; damage is 126 - 134
After eat food for +50 INT; damage is 131 - 139

So, INT is still more worthwhile than STR for mage base class.

< Message edited by LordKnight01 -- 11/12/2018 7:59:37 >
DF AQW  Post #: 242
11/12/2018 8:25:22   
Sakurai the Cursed

@LordKnight - That's because you were using a scythe as your weapon and your Str and Int were equal. Damage type when using scythes is determined by stat investment (extra stats from items/buffs don't count for this), and your damage will default to Magic if you have equal stat investment in Int and Str, meaning you were still doing Magic damage even when your Str was +50, so you weren't getting the primary benefit from that +50 Str (which would have been about +7 damage on top of what you got, for 133-141 total), only the smaller secondary benefit which applies to all attack types.

< Message edited by Sakurai the Cursed -- 11/12/2018 8:37:21 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 243
11/12/2018 9:06:27   
BluuHorseOfficial

The base class you chose doesn’t magically place a hex on your other classes which aren’t damage locked that make them do less based on which base class you chose, though, and as Sakurai said it’s because of the use of a scythe that prioritizes INT damage therefore making Magic attacks more powerful

Try doing the same while using the Red (STR) and Blue (INT) Soulforfed Rings; either those or the STR BA and INT BA and then you’ll notice that STR+STR > INT+STR > STR+INT > INT+INT where the first stat is that from your equipped accessory and the second from your consumed food item.
DF  Post #: 244
11/12/2018 9:12:45   
Shadow X Ascendant

But if you are more in An Defensive Way, Like ne , The best BA is +20 End / + 20 Wis . It offers also More Defense. Some Crit. Some Int/Dex/Str and More Resistances.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 245
11/12/2018 9:24:53   
LordKnight01

@Sakurai the Cursed

Thank you from your comment. My weapon was a scythe as you said.
I have some questions.
When my STR and INT are equal and using a scythe, why must damage type in my mage character be magic? Does type of base class dictate it?

If my rouge character has STR 200 and DEX 200 and using a scythe, what will be type of my default damage?

< Message edited by LordKnight01 -- 11/12/2018 9:32:34 >
DF AQW  Post #: 246
11/12/2018 9:52:53   
Sakurai the Cursed

No, sadly, base class doesn't matter (it would make more sense if it did!). Int is simply checked first, so if it's one of your highest then it's automatically used. The priority is Int>Dex>Str, so regardless of what base class you are, if you have 200 Dex and 200 Str invested, your scythes will default to Pierce damage no matter how much of each you have from equipment or buffs. But if you want to use one damage type specifically and it's a lower priority, you can just lower the other by 1 point. So, 200 Str and 199 Int, for example, and you'll be doing Melee with scythes instead.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 247
11/12/2018 10:52:28   
BluuHorseOfficial

quote:

But if you are more in An Defensive Way, Like ne , The best BA is +20 End / + 20 Wis . It offers also More Defense. Some Crit. Some Int/Dex/Str and More Resistances.

The point wasn't using the gear physically as a gear option (though still somewhat viable until you get DDV III), Shadow X, it was about testing damage with it.

< Message edited by BluuHorseOfficial -- 11/12/2018 10:53:01 >
DF  Post #: 248
11/29/2018 4:05:36   
moe

Is there a strategy for using shadow walker of time against bosses? And which is stronger, SWOT or Epoch against bosses in general from your guys' perspective.
AQW  Post #: 249
11/29/2018 10:33:35   
Pelly2500

@moe- For Lower HP bosses or bosses that don't hit too hard, SWoT is better as it has fast and strong damage, however it has barely any defence, so for any bosses that take a while, Eternal Epoch is better as it has higher sustained damage and has better defensive and offensive options in the longer term.
DF AQW  Post #: 250
Page:   <<   < prev  8 9 [10] 11 12   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> RE: =DF= Battle Strategy Thread
Page 10 of 25«<89101112>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition