Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =DF= Battle Strategy Thread

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> RE: =DF= Battle Strategy Thread
Page 7 of 25«<56789>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
10/1/2018 11:58:35   
Shadow X Ascendant

Ascendant i wrote, i don't have DoomKnight , but come on . Farm The Peculiar Visor at Treasure Hunter Book 3 , you just have to go All way up and merge the visor for the Baltael Aventail Lv 80 (+20 END / +20 WIS) One, once you get it you will see SW having 2 Great Nukes and an 140 Shield for 4 turns with 6 round cooldown, It's very worth. Why you think almost everyone above level 60 and 80 have it? Hehehehehe oh and it changes according to the element you have. Oh write your character ID on your profile so he can see his character page and see which itens you got

< Message edited by Shadow X Ascendant -- 10/1/2018 12:12:30 >
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 151
10/1/2018 13:43:37   
moe

Didn't know it was actually that great. Thought it took forever to farm for but apparently it's worth it I guess.
Char page: Matt
AQW  Post #: 152
10/1/2018 14:15:15   
Shadow X Ascendant

As i can see you should Farm Not-So-Tiny Bubbles after it. -50% Hit to the enemy for 4 Turns with 5 Round Cooldown. Once you learn how to complete Treasure Hunter in 2 Hours you get it

< Message edited by Shadow X Ascendant -- 10/1/2018 14:16:00 >
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 153
10/1/2018 14:31:10   
moe

No need for two hours. Just got it on my third try =) Can you please link your post about using the mod soulweaver in the challenge?
AQW  Post #: 154
10/1/2018 14:37:59   
Shadow X Ascendant

Now Go Buy The Blade of awe and Ice scythe at Eyegor Book 3 surewood. Then Farm The Not-So-Tiny Bubbles Trinket and you will be ready . And Your SoulForged Scythe is Imbued with Ice Element? If not you should get an Ice elemental SoulForged weapon lv 85

http://forums2.battleon.com/f/tm.asp?m=22323613&mpage=5&key=� Penultimate Post

< Message edited by Shadow X Ascendant -- 10/1/2018 14:40:21 >
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 155
10/1/2018 15:04:37   
moe

Waitwait what's this about the two nukes? I know about the soul synch one. Ummm my soul-forged element is light. Can I switch it to ice? And if I may ask, is the weapon useful?
AQW  Post #: 156
10/1/2018 15:11:19   
Shadow X Ascendant

Yeah merge your scythe for an spirit cast and farm Cave Under Ravenloss until you get Ice Spirit. Lv 85 has +10 All Resistance and Fixed Damage. Ice scythe ia to show , it's passive gives -30 Ice for 6 Turns. Blade of aAwe restores 4% of Your Health and Mana. The second Nuke of SW is Valour Impact.

< Message edited by Shadow X Ascendant -- 10/2/2018 10:45:47 >
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 157
10/1/2018 15:41:16   
moe

Does the passive effect work with all elements or just ice? Where can I get more info on these effects regarding the soul-forged weapons?
AQW  Post #: 158
10/1/2018 15:49:38   
Shadow X Ascendant

Only Ice. Just write on Google "Dragonfable - "Name of The weapon that you want"" and done.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 159
10/2/2018 12:22:41   
moe

I tried using soulweaver with the visor -_- I really really tried but I'm at my wits end
AQW  Post #: 160
10/2/2018 12:32:57   
Shadow X Ascendant

You got Not-So-Tiny Bubbles (i said is extremely necessary), and Blade of Awe?

Edit - Wow already? Took me weeks to get that Trinket, you are really Lucky. Well, You are ready to Take on both Dream Duo and Dominion Trio. Good Luck , just follow the rotation on last page.

< Message edited by Shadow X Ascendant -- 10/3/2018 23:11:15 >
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 161
10/3/2018 23:44:40   
moe

Yup. Got both the visor and trinket on my third try

I've tried that combo, as well as other strategies but I still couldn't win =( Plz help

< Message edited by moe -- 10/4/2018 4:41:19 >
AQW  Post #: 162
10/4/2018 11:09:43   
Shadow X Ascendant

Not? When you died?
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 163
10/5/2018 7:05:14   
moe

Yh I'm thinking of using ascendant for a while and see if that works =) Will update soon
AQW  Post #: 164
10/5/2018 7:26:44   
Sakurai the Cursed

Ascendant can do every single challenge, so the possibility is there, but some are certainly not the easiest fights with it compared to others.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 165
10/5/2018 7:31:41   
moe

Do you mind sharing the set-up you used for the dominion challenges? As well as all the weapons you used?
AQW  Post #: 166
10/5/2018 9:32:55   
Sakurai the Cursed

General setup was:

Forgotten Gloom Glaive - it's long rare and all the other best weapons are from the Inn or other challenge fights, and idk what you have available, so just use whatever gives you the best balance of stats I guess... SoulForged weapons are quite good and easy to get;
Wings of the Unraveler III / Hidebehind VIII - Wings are from one of the easiest Inn fights imo, so could start there and grab those real quick, Hidebehind I combined with other MPM/BPD items and NSTB to make myself unhittable to 1 or 2 enemies, makes some of the fights much easier;
Unhallowed DeathKnight Circlet - I also have Tentacle of the Dominion III but almost never use it;
Fierce DragonLord Helm (level 72) / Baltael's Aventail (END/WIS version) - FDL for general use, Baltael when stacking MPM/BPD;
Leaf of Flux III - This is from Dominion so just use the Unhallowed Amulet;
Elemental Unity Defender XV / Not-So-Tiny Bubbles - If you don't have EUD then use Uaanta's Blaster instead, NSTB is most effective when stacking MPM/BPD but it can be very useful to have 2 almost-loopable blinds in many fights even without stacking, so just get a feel for when you need it;
Leorilla Mane Belt IV - I think I used the maxed Defender's Dragon Belt before I got this, but Unhallowed would work too I guess;
Eternal Locket - The only other bracer worth using is the Legion Bracer (outside of ShadowHeart Brace for the Shadow Base classes), obtained from Crawler + Centaur which is one of the toughest challenges for Asc (solo at least), so if you don't have this then just use nothing or whatever you happen to have, doesn't matter;

For shown weapons:
Patriot Fury VIII - This is seasonal, and I don't think there's another decent Bonus debuffing weapon, but it's not necessarily critical in any strategies really, just nice to have;
Candy Dagger - The primary shown weapon because it's the best healing weapon, but I believe Blade of Awe is the only non-seasonal healing weapon there is, so you'll have to make do with that... the difference is pretty huge though, so I don't know if every fight will be doable with only the Blade of Awe's healing;
Blade of Awe - I really only used this for longer fights where I didn't have to worry about their damage too much, since it heals MP too;
Vanilla Ice Katana - now, the -100 Ice on this one was 100% necessary for Unraveler Ex specifically, but I also got fed up and used it on Dominion because that one is a huge pain as well, but luckily the temporary Frozen Claymore you can get from the Akriloth quest is almost just as good (same special, but you have to actually equip it instead of just showing it over a weapon with better stats)

I didn't use it for any of these, but you can also buy a Hamster weapon from Cysero's Clashening DC shop which inflict -200 to ???, making most fights drastically easier;

Pet Dragon with 200 points in Protection and nothing else - absolutely essential for some fights, this thing is soooo good for keeping you alive.

And that's all as far as equipment goes. Dominion is very irritating solo, maybe easier with guests but I haven't tried because I don't use them unless I'm forced to.

The basic idea is to keep the dog blinded and Kathool stunned/blinded as much as possible (since the ArchDryad buffs its bonus), keeping in mind that Kathool cleanses himself every 5th turn (spit > join > tentacle > cleanse > tentacle > repeat) so only blind him directly after that, and kill the ArchDryad ASAP, trying to fish or an activation of VIK/FC/Hamster special if necessary, otherwise showing your best healing weapon.

Once he dies the dog will go into rage mode, however he still has very little accuracy, so once the Dryad is dead (or just before, ideally) you can switch to the MPM/BPD setup (keeping in mind that you can't change to Baltael mid-battle because it's an artifact, so equip it beforehand or just don't use it) and give him almost 0 hit-rate with your blind. Not quite so low with NSTB since it's only -50 rather than -60, but still good enough. Nuke him down ASAP, because if he lands a full hit on you (not a glancing blow) you'll get one of 2 really nasty debuffs, the important one being -180 MPM, which you want to save your shield for at this point.

Once doggo dies hopefully you'll be below 50% HP so you can hurt Kathool, and he's easy enough on his own. You can keep Kathool blinded 100% of the time once he's the only one left alive and only his spit does any decent damage anyway, so it's not hard from here, just make sure not to go above 50% HP or you'll start healing him with your attacks; removing your pet dragon at this point may be necessary if he gets overzealous with healing you. He will sort of rage at under 25% HP, so in case you're low you may want to keep a stun handy for that range and nuke him down within the stun once he gets close to there.

< Message edited by Sakurai the Cursed -- 10/5/2018 9:41:22 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 167
10/5/2018 10:54:43   
Shadow X Ascendant

Just remember that kathool will always remove it's blind with Cleanse.Heal, Come.Join don't affect Trinkets. If you are using BSW , Vanilla Katana / Frozen Claymore is Useless here so use Ice Scythe Instead (I still don't know why sakurai don't used it on Set up hehe) Gloom Glaive is Rare so you can't get it anymore. Hidebehind Cape At level 85 gives you an great -40 All so you will die faster when Archdryad is done. Use Unraveler wings Instead . The NTSB will make you dodge 90% of all Skywatcher Hits. Takes 1 round No-Blind to activate Bubbles again. If you use shield. You will defend even with -180 Defense and -200 crit that is fixed when sky is enraged . If he hits you with Light you get -25 Boost. If he with you get -100 Hit, When enraged.

Well Ascendant works too on Dominion , but there are things that i don't consider making an Strategy that everyone can use anytime.

- Base-Locked Classes
- DoomKnight
- DC Itens
- Rare Itens
- Seasonal Itens
- Calendar Classes

That's The only reason i don't created Unraveler Ex Strategy because everyone or beated using EPL Scythe (Before Ultra High Nerf) And Hamstergeddon (DC Itens)

< Message edited by Shadow X Ascendant -- 10/5/2018 13:58:52 >
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 168
10/5/2018 12:15:20   
Sakurai the Cursed

I mean, I said Asc can do them all, he asked for details, so I replied. I wouldn't recommend choosing Asc specifically for this fight, like I said there are some fights that it's really annoying to use it on, and this is one of 'em. But it's doable. I also already provided alternatives to all the rares/seasonal items, soo...

< Message edited by Sakurai the Cursed -- 10/5/2018 12:16:01 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 169
10/5/2018 12:33:23   
Shadow X Ascendant

Yeah that are very good options. I will sure.pick Candy Dagger on Frostvale Too hehe. Well. Lets see if today we will get an real challenge.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 170
10/5/2018 13:02:45   
moe

Would calender classes work? I'm thinking of getting one. Probably shadowwalker of time. Speaking of, which is the strongest among them?
AQW  Post #: 171
10/5/2018 13:55:17   
BluuHorseOfficial

Currently SWoT for general use and Bosses, Epoch and Archivist for bosses but not general use. With Epoch we’ll get artifacts later too, so, yeah.
DF  Post #: 172
10/5/2018 14:06:56   
Sakurai the Cursed

Epoch is for sure the strongest calendar class overall for challenge fights (currently, though who knows if it's done being nerfed...), if that's what you mean. But yeah, it's... not exactly great for normal questing. I dunno which I'd say is the best overall, since SWoT and AoT aren't bad for challenge fights in general and are both quite good at speeding through normal fights, but I suppose in the end you have other free options for questing.

< Message edited by Sakurai the Cursed -- 10/5/2018 14:07:52 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 173
10/5/2018 14:26:06   
moe

Is it possible to use Epoch to win against the dominion challenges?
AQW  Post #: 174
10/5/2018 14:33:32   
Sakurai the Cursed

Yes, but then it's also possible with BSW, Asc and others. I really can't say whether it will let you personally beat the challenge or not.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 175
Page:   <<   < prev  5 6 [7] 8 9   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> RE: =DF= Battle Strategy Thread
Page 7 of 25«<56789>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition