Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

=AQ= Umazen Uprising Finale - Civil War

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest General Discussion >> =AQ= Umazen Uprising Finale - Civil War
Page 1 of 912345>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
7/14/2019 10:41:46   
Bu Kek Siansu

From the homepage: https://www.battleon.com/

--------

Umazen Uprising Finale - Civil War:
After a long journey to one of Greenguard’s best-kept secrets, the last stronghold of the Umazen, you found the city nearly bursting with the tension of imminent conflict! Now it’s time to report your findings to the Prime, queen of the Umazen, in hopes of preventing it... But have the first shots already been fired? Side with the Rebels or Loyalists before this war consumes the Umazen people! There will be Top War Win prizes for both sides, with the winning side having all their rewards Mastercrafted.

http://i66.tinypic.com/2ykidl4.jpg

https://cms.aqworlds.com/aq/images/new-rpg-may-umazen-uprising-part3-adventure-quest.jpg

--------

Note: I used the image tag (resized image from 376 KB to 91.9 KB) because taken
from this post it looks like (since short time) posting image tags are permitted?
Otherwise, just remove the image tag. Thanks in advance.

--------

D.U.M here tagging, and sadly removing image aswell. Rawr! it was tasty snack! //D.U.M

< Message edited by DragonUltraMaster -- 7/15/2019 10:59:47 >
Post #: 1
7/14/2019 15:28:52   
Lord Markov

Well...must say I wasn't expecting a multi-sided war. This could be interesting.

I hope we get some more information about what each side supports/is fighting for in this because right now I don't feel like I know enough to choose a side.

And hopefully it doesn't turn into a another whale war a lá Order 66.
AQ  Post #: 2
7/14/2019 15:51:23   
  Lorekeeper
And Pun-isher

It looks like the forums ate the Umazen thread, unlike the other story post. While that may complicate immediate decisions, I have a partial backup that I can bring back for your convenience as part of further interactive content for this week.

In addition to that, the ending for part 2 offers a quick discussion of the Chosen and Robina's findings that may be useful in determining your preference. The beginning of the release itself will shed further light on the intent of each leader.

If anyone finds that the choice is still difficult to make, I can assure you that such is by design - not through vagueness, but by circumstance. Loyalists and rebels alike have merits and flaws, and you won't easily find someone who is wholly right or wrong, even if trying to judge the situation through the eyes and values of the Umazen. As the city splinters between sun and thunder, you have neither the time nor the luxury of easy choices.
Post #: 3
7/14/2019 16:00:26   
Yozai

I really wish we could finish bot sides at the same time x)
AQ  Post #: 4
7/14/2019 16:23:53   
Primate Murder

Hm, it feels like while we know the general ideas, the rallying points between the two sides, we lack a lot of human element. We haven't even met the queen yet!
AQ DF  Post #: 5
7/14/2019 17:28:12   
  Lorekeeper
And Pun-isher

You can expect that to change in a particularly... impactful way, soon.
Post #: 6
7/14/2019 18:21:23   
Zennistrad

I'm gonna guess that the rewards for the Loyalists will be light-element and the rewards for the Rebels will be energy-element. If we're gonna be shamelessly opportunist, that might impact which side is more popular.
AQ  Post #: 7
7/14/2019 18:39:23   
Kaizoku

Not that I ever do more than 10 waves or so but I'm not fighting for filthy rebel scum, that's for sure.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 8
7/14/2019 20:56:06   
Lord Markov

So did a bit of reading back through the info subs entries since all the relevant quests have been kicked off of Today's Events for now, and here are some initial thoughts I had on what I could see each side standing for (input from others on what impressions they had would be appreciated on this):

Loyalists:
Opposed to the Rebels (obviously). We've seen that the Umazen have been on the retreat for quite some time now, and in an effort to stabilize a foothold they've (among other things) given up no small amount of former freedom. The Loyalists stand behind the idea of re-stabilizing their society before attempting to reintroduce lost freedoms again. An attempt at regaining freedom now could have serious repercussions on the long-term survival of the Umazen as a whole, either through placing control of the Umazen in the hands of an unfit ruler, or simply weakening them to the point that an outside force can take them.

Even if some of the Loyalists don't like how things are right now, they believe that it's much better than things could be and are willing to make sacrifices for now to hopefully have a better future.

Rebels:
They don't seem to be as opposed to the Loyalists themselves as what they stand for. More ideological, they're seeking greater freedom from the current ruling class that, even by Loyalist admission, can be heavy-handed sometimes. I'm not sure whether they seek to completely overthrow Umazen society as we know it or simply seek a return to older days when " it was all about personal talents, not natural." (from the Foreman in Part 2).

As is the case with the Loyalists, I imagine there's some grey area within the ranks of the Rebels themselves on this point. The little man we meet in the woods seems to fall into the latter category, even making a reference at the beginning that sounds like at least the core of the Rebels want the fight to be as bloodless as possible. With that said, his companion refers to him as an "idealist" so it's probably safe to say his views on what needs to be done and how it needs to happen aren't universal among the Rebels.

Also, a quote from Cray on this matter:
quote:

Loyalists, beyond simply reacting defensively to the potential of a rebellion, generally prioritize the recovery of the Umazen people, then the eventual return to their former ways.
Rebels, generally speaking, think that this is an excessive sacrifice and prioritize the return to their ways over the status quo.

Hopefully this helps consolidate a little bit more what each side is about.

Ideologically, my character sympathizes more with the Loyalists, but I wouldn't be surprised if the promise of MC'd Energy-aligned gear brings out a lot of support for the Rebels since items are generally lacking in that element...

< Message edited by Lord Markov -- 7/14/2019 21:16:16 >

Vampires Reign Supreme:
Besting the toughest Dracopyres and Demigods too.
Long Live Queen Safiria!
AQ  Post #: 9
7/14/2019 21:25:38   
Nameless King

Seems like light related item is pretty good now so I will fight for the Rebel instead~Not for the people of the rebellion but for the item that they have promise to give me if Rebel wins the war~For the good of all the Nameless!
Post #: 10
7/14/2019 23:05:14   
Zennistrad

quote:

Loyalists stand behind the idea of re-stabilizing their society before attempting to reintroduce lost freedoms again. An attempt at regaining freedom now could have serious repercussions on the long-term survival of the Umazen as a whole, either through placing control of the Umazen in the hands of an unfit ruler, or simply weakening them to the point that an outside force can take them.

Keep in mind though, it's not exactly clear how true this is. Even with all the stuff going on during the Burning Solstice and the various bandits about, there's not a lot of indication that the Loyalists have a better idea of how to deal with that. And as a general rule, the way for a tyrant to seize power is to drum up fear of some outside danger, under the pretense that dealing with it requires authoritarian force.

...Yeah, even with the need for more good energy equipment aside, I think I'm siding with the rebels on this one. Go figure.

< Message edited by Zennistrad -- 7/14/2019 23:10:18 >
AQ  Post #: 11
7/14/2019 23:15:35   
  Lorekeeper
And Pun-isher

Is Kandra the Wise a tyrant, though? And are the rebels honest?

If we are to assume that one side's cause could be a front, we cannot discount the possibility of this applying to the other.

Do the loyalists, or the rebels for that matter, need to convince anyone about outside dangers or the presence internal turmoil? You did not have the smoothest journey to the Umazon, as you might recall. You know the manner of enemy that the Umazen have made, and continue to antagonize. Divide and conquer, as they say.

Of course, the crown is hardly without fault. Ileana has her concerns, as she explains to you, and if she has come to doubt the Prime, there is certainly trouble afoot. That silver armor is not without significance, you see...
Post #: 12
7/15/2019 0:02:54   
Lord Markov

quote:

Keep in mind though, it's not exactly clear how true this is. Even with all the stuff going on during the Burning Solstice and the various bandits about, there's not a lot of indication that the Loyalists have a better idea of how to deal with that. And as a general rule, the way for a tyrant to seize power is to drum up fear of some outside danger, under the pretense that dealing with it requires authoritarian force.

While I don't disagree with your sentiments, we've seen plenty of evidence to demonstrate that the Umazen, if not in immediate danger, have been in decline and are faced by very real threats. Given the nature of Lore, drumming up real threats to attempt a total power grab over several generations of the crown is not only difficult, it's also far more dangerous in that losing control of the situation is a much more real threat--there's no nuclear launch button you can press or an escape pod you can launch if everything goes to Heck.

At best, color me doubtful that there aren't real concerns from outside forces that the Umazen have.
AQ  Post #: 13
7/15/2019 0:30:31   
badboyhe

this war says finanle so I assume there are (several) precursors to this?
Where can I find them?
AQ  Post #: 14
7/15/2019 1:20:44   
OverLordOfDeath

I guess I don't have to worry about the top rewards then.
Post #: 15
7/15/2019 1:36:56   
AliceShiki
Helpful!

@Cray Thanks for your hardwork as always! ^^)/
... Any chance you can convince whoever is in charge of managing Forum Code to remove the auto-delete function? Would stop this kind of thing (losing old important threads) from happening again... >.>

And this release looks nice, I'll probably side with the Loyalists mainly because I don't think armed rebellions are the way to go to bring change to any society, I prefer to keep the people in charge in control of things and slowly try to convince them of the needed changes, if there are any.

The repercussions of an internal war are not something anyone should ever have to deal with...
AQ  Post #: 16
7/15/2019 9:30:01   
  Lorekeeper
And Pun-isher

I have no such forum authority, and that was my own responsibility as well for not observing that the thread wasn't adequately tagged. But for now, you may find this useful.
Post #: 17
7/15/2019 10:45:36   
AliceShiki
Helpful!

I expected as much... T.T

Doesn't hurt to dream though! >.<

And oooooh, new thread, gonna look gonna look~
AQ  Post #: 18
7/15/2019 13:02:18   
Varghus

For this battle I am most likely siding with the Rebels, at least for now, but any additional information might make me change my mind. However, it feels to me, and how I am understanding their history, that the Umazen have been repeating the same things during their rebuilding, but still keep declining. So far, keeping to their traditions have not helped, so a bit of change may be needed to spark growth.
Post #: 19
7/15/2019 18:32:13   
badboyhe

is this happening right now? I don't see it under today's event.
where do I need to go to start it?
AQ  Post #: 20
7/15/2019 23:15:45   
Primate Murder

It's this week's release, meaning it will be live Thursday or Friday.
AQ DF  Post #: 21
7/16/2019 11:24:58   
Heroes of the Scape

Is there a way we could get the two quests related to this back in the game so we can catch up? I've been out of the game so I missed on those quests.
AQ  Post #: 22
7/17/2019 12:55:49   
  The Hollow
AQ Lead

There will be links to the first 2 parts of the saga on Today's Event page once the release goes live!
AQ  Post #: 23
7/17/2019 12:59:39   
Heroes of the Scape

Thanks Hollow!
AQ  Post #: 24
7/17/2019 19:24:03   
  The Hollow
AQ Lead

Lunar Eclipse Shields are back in the Limited-Time Shop!
AQ  Post #: 25
Page:   [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest General Discussion >> =AQ= Umazen Uprising Finale - Civil War
Page 1 of 912345>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition