Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: Umazen Uprising Finale - Civil War

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest General Discussion >> RE: Umazen Uprising Finale - Civil War
Page 6 of 9«<45678>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
7/26/2019 2:51:40   
I Overlord I

Maybe you don't meet the kill threshold or you accidentally selected the wrong side?
AQ  Post #: 126
7/26/2019 4:18:56   
blackswordsman

i guess that it will not show those that just try now cause it only show down to the one that has a score of 360
Post #: 127
7/26/2019 7:59:13   
Heroes of the Scape

The list only shows the top 200 characters. If you are bellow that you will not be seen.
AQ  Post #: 128
7/26/2019 9:30:28   
badboyhe

is it just me or does rebel side advances much slower?

I've been fighting for loyalists and it seems like they can get about 850 - 950 kills per day
while rebels only around 600-720 ish

p.s. I was not being selective about the monsters
AQ  Post #: 129
7/26/2019 18:05:43   
AliceShiki
Helpful!

@badboyhe Rebels have the Crystal Hound in their monster pool, which gives about 600k gold IIRC.

Meanwhile, the monster that gives most gold in Loyalists' side is the Trouble with around 300k gold.

It's a pretty big difference.

Still, Loyalists are actually winning because they have more people fighting for them, if you look at the top killers on Rebel side, you'll see that there are only about 15 (or less) people capping daily there.

So... Yeah, it's more efficient cap-wise to fight for Loyalists, but it seems like they're winning mainly because they have more players in their side and because the people fighting for them are being more dedicated.
AQ  Post #: 130
7/26/2019 18:34:56   
Laith

That Boris fella doing the loyalist propaganda is pretty efficient, promising everyone everything. Said something about rocket-propelled unicorn jacks if I switched sides. Bonkers ...
AQ  Post #: 131
7/26/2019 20:20:05   
Drak

quote:

While disallowing estates for this type of war was a good first step, it doesn't address the issue in full. Now, I wholeheartedly believe that everyone should be free to do what they want with their own time, but, at the same time, I don't think enabling people to engage in self-destructive behavior is copacetic. People shouldn't be allowed to bypass the caps by buying packages because playing 16-20 hours a day is really unhealthy to say the least. Imo, restrict the package resets too if you're going to restrict estates. Just a thought.

This is why i stopped doing waves before i got too competitive for top 10 like in previous wars. Working full time M-F makes it hard to catch up to those who can be on it an entire day
Post #: 132
7/26/2019 21:15:20   
Conspiracy

I fight for the Loyalists because I want to see the war end quicker haha.

Although, I've been fighting for both sides to see if I could make it on the top-25 of both lists. A very difficult feat, though!
AQ  Post #: 133
7/27/2019 15:49:08   
CH4OT1C!

What's interesting to me is the sheer scale of the difference between each camps. I expected one to be in the lead, but not at a 2:1 kill ratio. What's even more surprising is at the time of writing:

Knights of Discord server
(Kills made by the Warring knights of discord/ Total kills for that side so far)
Loyalist: 59562/301383
Rebels: 67272/145892

Not only are the rebels in the lead, but ~46% of the total kills for the rebel side have been contributed by 15 players! Add a further 10.8% from Melissa alone, and that's 56.8%! In comparison, only 19.7% have come from the loyalist camp. Further emphasises the really stark difference in popularity. I wonder what on earth could be causing it

< Message edited by CH4OT1C! -- 7/27/2019 15:57:29 >
AQ  Post #: 134
7/28/2019 9:44:28   
s_venom

Monsters with less gold on the Loyalist side and a set of rewards people seem to want more then what the Rebels have.
AQ DF  Post #: 135
7/28/2019 11:01:49   
Laith

quote:

If anyone finds that the choice is still difficult to make, I can assure you that such is by design - not through vagueness, but by circumstance. Loyalists and rebels alike have merits and flaws, and you won't easily find someone who is wholly right or wrong, even if trying to judge the situation through the eyes and values of the Umazen. As the city splinters between sun and thunder, you have neither the time nor the luxury of easy choices.

Reading that statement from the start of the civil war, I feel a bit sad. While the choice story-wise wasn't an easy one to make, the current results show otherwise.
If, as some here claim, the rewards are really such an important factor, why not not disclose the rewards up front?

It's still a game after all, and players are (usually) result-oriented. So instead of it being a matter of conscience, the choice becomes a matter of need:
"I'm really sorry bro, your story is touching and all, but your enemy promised me the Ubersword 2000."

I can only imagine it being quite a bit disheartening for Cray to carefully craft such a wonderful backstory for that war only to see it reduced to the spoils of war.
AQ  Post #: 136
7/29/2019 2:41:50   
SIGMUND

Maybe the staff wanted to see just how many War wins people would do, just using personal wins?

The story gets lost when the war is just for reward equipment.

If a battlefield was open and Army wins had been included, the outcome may have been different?

Since I generally only play AQ for the Army wins in Wars this one apart from the story bit, is a waste of the staff time for me,

Who knows when there will be another war in AQ?

Harvest Fest? or Frostval?

I'll see you then, unless the Paxia revival ever happens.......
AQ  Post #: 137
7/29/2019 2:46:45   
badboyhe

well with the way solstice is going, I'd say pretty soon.
AQ  Post #: 138
7/29/2019 3:14:28   
AliceShiki
Helpful!

@Laith If players were choosing sides based on rewards, the rebels would be winning because Energy Gear is much more lacking than Light Gear.

So no worries, people are choosing sides based on the story~
AQ  Post #: 139
7/29/2019 4:09:38   
CH4OT1C!

@AliceShiki That would assume elemental coverage is the only reason people consider. Not saying that isn't a factor, but aesthetics also play a role, especially when the elemental coverage hasn't officially been revealed yet
AQ  Post #: 140
7/29/2019 9:59:45   
  Lorekeeper
And Pun-isher

Per my observations across different sources, bearing in mind this was highly unlikely to represent a vertical slice of the player base, the majority of players who did not make their choice for story reasons were also not choosing according to elemental preference. Instead, they inquired about the winning side, whether to end the war faster or reinforce whichever was more likely to produce MC gear. The bulk of these stated choices were made near launch, beginning around the time the counter read 0.8% to 0.6%.

Those choosing according to gear aesthetics have mostly gravitated towards Loyalists, while those making it known their preference was based on the potential for Energy MC gear have overwhelmingly sided with the Rebels.

In contrast, those making their choice based on the story content were largely indecisive and fairly evenly split, with an initial Loyalist advantage.
Post #: 141
7/30/2019 9:21:11   
Seth Hydra
How We Roll Winner
Nov14

..... Quite a few copy cats innit?
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 142
7/30/2019 14:42:26   
OverLordOfDeath

At least you're famous.
Post #: 143
7/30/2019 17:37:29   
Laith

80%, new cutscene. Looks like there is still hope for the Umazen, depending on what's left of them and whether both sides are willing to forgive.
A culprit-ex-machina could help with that.
AQ  Post #: 144
7/31/2019 3:42:59   
aq DarkKnight

The first Umazen Rebel Alliance Cutscene has finally been unlocked!
AQ  Post #: 145
7/31/2019 23:35:18   
Conspiracy

I hope the war can end before it goes into Saturday. But that will be a tough ask, since we're going at lower than a 6% pace per day.
AQ  Post #: 146
8/1/2019 13:22:11   
JanusHoW

Fighting for the Rebel side is much easier for me, since everything except the Crystal Hounds have at least 100% to Darkness or Ice. I generally throw 2 D-Bursts, then either just Attack or use the relevant EleComp skill (Shadow Storm or Psionic Blast) Meanwhile, I can 1-turn the Hounds with the Horo-Show Void Vanquisher if I'm lucky - and even with 70% to Energy, the Taladosian Robes' EleComp skill still can still deal ~800 damage to the Umazen Hoplites with my stats if all three hits connect.

< Message edited by JanusHoW -- 8/1/2019 13:29:27 >

The pen is mightier than the sword, and it also doesn't shred the paper.
AQ  Post #: 147
8/1/2019 19:46:05   
Uskius

Was almost everyone busy today? The only meter I've noticed moving was for the Loyalists, and that was just a couple percent, hours ago.
AQ Epic  Post #: 148
8/1/2019 23:32:13   
Conspiracy

Seems like it. Loyalists fell below 5% over the last 24 hours. I was expecting it to pick up now that it's over 90%. At current pace, war should wrap up in the next 42 hours.
AQ  Post #: 149
8/2/2019 12:38:42   
  The Hollow
AQ Lead

Due to having to automate the distribution process for rewards, the war will be ending at 2 today. War reward placeholders will be added to your inventories at 3 today, and we will replace them with the actual prizes as soon as we can.
AQ  Post #: 150
Page:   <<   < prev  4 5 [6] 7 8   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest General Discussion >> RE: Umazen Uprising Finale - Civil War
Page 6 of 9«<45678>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition