Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =AQ= 50% Off Z-Token Sale + Burning Solstice Finale - The Answer

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest General Discussion >> RE: =AQ= 50% Off Z-Token Sale + Burning Solstice Finale - The Answer
Page 2 of 8«<12345>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
9/27/2019 21:13:43   
Kurtz96

I prefer the colours of the old war armor but obviously the design of this one. I wonder what type of armor it will be? Hopefully something I can sue across one of my character (FO Mage, FD ranger/beastmaster)

quote:

@Lord Markov Pretty sure the old War Armor is one of the most beloved armors in this game's history! xD

Why? I looked at it doesn't have any special properties or defenses or skills.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 26
9/27/2019 21:30:40   
AliceShiki
Helpful!

@Kurtz96 One word: Looks.
AQ  Post #: 27
9/27/2019 21:59:20   
Red Blood

Yup even if it didn't do anything real special it looked nice, and honestly hoping all the old War items get an update and Panic moves away from the Groggle egg nest that is no longer updated due to being replaced with the loot boxes.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 28
9/27/2019 22:51:09   
J9408

The old war armor had a clean look to it. Except for the neck.
Post #: 29
9/27/2019 23:00:45   
K9mancer

is there anyway to check my kill count in the war atm?
AQ  Post #: 30
9/27/2019 23:28:31   
Ryu Draco

Me: Oh, update's ready. What's this? I can play as War? Well, might as well take a loo- I AM BECOME DEATH, DESTROYER OF WORLDS!!!

*cough* yeah, this form may be just a bit overpowered (go figure) It's almost enough to make me feel bad for anything stupid enough to get in my way.

...almost.

Slightly more serious note, I'm calling it as a FO Fire/Darkness secondary armor. Weapon will be a Wind Axe, if I remember the Zorbak quest correctly.
AQ  Post #: 31
9/27/2019 23:30:45   
Primate Murder

@ K9mancer

Just look at your Character Page. It updates after every battle.
AQ DF  Post #: 32
9/27/2019 23:40:54   
K9mancer

wait do playing as war not count towards the score xD, or wait, do i need to gain exp/gp for it to count

edit: yes, i need to get exp for kills to count

< Message edited by K9mancer -- 9/28/2019 0:02:04 >
AQ  Post #: 33
9/28/2019 1:45:12   
Primate Murder

The War armor fits the title - 250 all stats, 13% all resist, Void damage and a skill for each of his (our?) helpers. It also seems the Zhilo has new War-Torn minions - vartai and slayers, with heavy armor and burning swords.

The beginning of the quest was rather exposition-free, so I'm eagerly awaiting the curscenes, to see what comes next. How does the Chosen take his new role? How does the mantle change the wielder? What are some of the consequences for the hero and for the greater world of Lore?

P.S. Really loving the Race/Class/Clan on the War armor, and the sword's description is dope.

P.P.S. Why are we still fighting Carnage's minions? I mean, aren't we the War now?

P.P.P.S. Also, new dialogue for Twilly/Lucretia! You do have to wonder what the folks are thinking, seeing War on the battlefield again... A huge kudos to Cray for paying attention to all the small details!

P.P.P.P.S I actually forgot we're supposed to be dead now... Did anybody even see us die? How do people even know we're supposed to be dead - did Panic tell them? And, for that matter, how do they know we're not still alive under the rubble? Or escaped, too wounded to join the fighting? or captured by the enemy?

< Message edited by Primate Murder -- 9/28/2019 2:36:34 >
AQ DF  Post #: 34
9/28/2019 2:26:15   
Necromencer

Really not a fan of the weird skinny flaming arms and bright red cape. Change those and maybe tweak the proportions a little and I think this version would look fine. Not as good as the original of course, nothing beats that clean dark obsidian color.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 35
9/28/2019 2:39:56   
Primate Murder

One of the rewards is named Axemaster's Atonement. Is Cray hinting at something?
AQ DF  Post #: 36
9/28/2019 2:51:01   
Ryu Draco

Pretty sure it's implying some kind of redemption quest for Zhilo, kinda like what Artix is doing.

Edit: Also, the whole tearing through the Zhilo's army is likely part of the whole lesson thing the into mentioned. Or maybe the way Zhilo tried to steal the Mantle caused interference with the conection that should exist with the new War.

< Message edited by Ryu Draco -- 9/28/2019 2:56:03 >
AQ  Post #: 37
9/28/2019 4:39:55   
Red Blood

I wouldn't be surprised if this was used to get the Rare Axe Master Set back into the game, and granted the amount of axes lately who knows maybe there is one heck of a punishment for Zhilo ahead finale living up heading up that Axe Master class (highly doubt it more likely his normal gear, and perhaps war twisted set will be rewards). Granted the Axe Name may very well hint at the Axe Master passing off his Axe for good like he allowed one to borrow it back in the day perhaps hinting he will be passing it off for good one way or another once the flame of War dies down. On another note has anyone noticed parts of the War Torn Dragon seem to have become part of War's new helm, blade, and perhaps even bit of armor?
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 38
9/28/2019 10:13:27   
AliceShiki
Helpful!

@K9mancer If you have a high kill count, you're probably being featured in the Warzone already. If not, your char page will always show your kills.

And just to be clear, battles only save if you earn either gold or xp. So your war wins won't count if you're capped for the day.
quote:

Primate Murder said:

P.S. Really loving the Race/Class/Clan on the War armor, and the sword's description is dope.

100% agreed! I loved it!!!
quote:

Primate Murder said:

P.P.P.S. Also, new dialogue for Twilly/Lucretia! You do have to wonder what the folks are thinking, seeing War on the battlefield again... A huge kudos to Cray for paying attention to all the small details!

It was a really nice touch to see how they reacted to it and dealt with the situation with us gone~
quote:

Primate Murder said:

P.P.P.P.S I actually forgot we're supposed to be dead now... Did anybody even see us die? How do people even know we're supposed to be dead - did Panic tell them? And, for that matter, how do they know we're not still alive under the rubble? Or escaped, too wounded to join the fighting? or captured by the enemy?

In the last quest, Death says we have been wandering its realm for days until we started recovering awareness of our own existence.

Considering how it has already been canonized we work 24/7, and that we always revive pretty quickly after death, there is bound to be a lingering suspicion we died for real once we disappear for this much time.

In addition, lots of bystanders saw that we were fighting the one-on-one battle against the War-Torn Dragon, and they definitely noticed we were not having an easy time there. With this many people seeing it, rumors ought to spread very quickly after we disappear for that long.
AQ  Post #: 39
9/28/2019 11:06:03   
Incantatus

I died on purpose while wearing the war armor, and you can indeed lose.
AQW  Post #: 40
9/28/2019 11:06:43   
s_venom

I wonder if we will lose our newly founded demi god status?
Kinda wish to see this stick around.
AQ DF  Post #: 41
9/28/2019 12:00:32   
Conspiracy

Oh! It looks like I missed out on the last war. Was the war meter shorter? It finished in about a week.

Fighting as War for this war is pretty fun. But fighting as Alex is much quicker!
AQ  Post #: 42
9/28/2019 12:26:45   
OverLordOfDeath

I just don't think War's new look fits him as it looks odd with the arms and the cape as he looked a lot more menacing with his old armor.
Post #: 43
9/28/2019 12:45:31   
  Lorekeeper
And Pun-isher

You are not your predecessor. This is not a new appearance for the foe you destroyed. This is the answer to the question Death asked of you.
Post #: 44
9/28/2019 12:50:15   
Primate Murder

@Alice
quote:

In the last quest, Death says we have been wandering its realm for days until we started recovering awareness of our own existence.

I completely forgot about that, thanks! We did fight tougher (or, at least, more visually impressive) foes, but I suppose all it takes is one mistake. And, if we've been missing for so long while others are fighting a war, it's pretty clear something has gone wrong.

Still, a little faith would have been nice.
AQ DF  Post #: 45
9/28/2019 13:33:17   
Phantasys

I'm thinking it won't matter in most story chapters it'll probably just be a bit of background information like how we are the avatar of hope.
Post #: 46
9/28/2019 14:53:51   
AliceShiki
Helpful!

quote:

Primate Murder said:

I completely forgot about that, thanks! We did fight tougher (or, at least, more visually impressive) foes, but I suppose all it takes is one mistake. And, if we've been missing for so long while others are fighting a war, it's pretty clear something has gone wrong.

Still, a little faith would have been nice.

While it is undoubtedly true that we fought tougher foes, I don't think we actually won a one on one battle against any of them when they were at their full power.

Also, it is important to mention that the War-Torn Dragon isn't just any average Joe either.
quote:

From Burning Solstice Part 6:

DEATH: A BEAST OF DIVINE FABRIC BUT PROFANE MAKE, TAILORED SPECIFICALLY FOR YOUR UTTER DESTRUCTION.
«You»: Then it might be true... But if Zhilo really became War, he’s going even farther than the original one ever did.
DEATH: YOU FOUGHT UNTIL YOUR VERY SOUL WAS EXHAUSTED. MUCH OF ITS ANIMA WAS SCATTERED THIS TIME.

This dragon was specially made to get rid of us for good, yet we defeated it in single combat while putting our own soul on the line... I think we did a pretty darn good job at it.
AQ  Post #: 47
9/28/2019 15:05:37   
Kay Oh

If anyone is putting in time for this war, consider joining the community made discord league for wars. It'll just improve your warring experience, so check it out in the description :)

AQ MQ AQW  Post #: 48
9/28/2019 15:27:25   
JanusHoW

Dear lord, the War setup is OP, if only because it gives you 250 in all stats and 15% (for level 135) to all elements. With that max Strength and Luck, you're doing 1000+ damage with Lucky Strikes on the regular attack alone. Even the level 150 Dragons are a joke, while you can potentially 1-turn anything level 100 or below with one or two Lucky Strikes.

I love it...which makes me kinda sad that you can't bring it out of the War...of course, it would make any quest stupidly easy.

The pen is mightier than the sword, and it also doesn't shred the paper.
AQ  Post #: 49
9/28/2019 15:47:08   
Kurtz96

No easier than the normal stun/nuke meta. There is a reason that anyone looking to get top 25/50 isn't using War, it is too slow. With the right equipment, you can get 5000 damage per turn even without having to actually use any of the usual set up (arcane, celerity) and War just can't compete with that.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 50
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest General Discussion >> RE: =AQ= 50% Off Z-Token Sale + Burning Solstice Finale - The Answer
Page 2 of 8«<12345>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition