Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =AQ= 50% Off Z-Token Sale + Burning Solstice Finale - The Answer

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest General Discussion >> RE: =AQ= 50% Off Z-Token Sale + Burning Solstice Finale - The Answer
Page 5 of 8«<34567>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
10/5/2019 15:07:14   
Ryu Draco

New cutscene is available, and it's what I was both expecting and hoping for. An old friend returns, and we get to see a little of 'our' motivation for this War. Making a point of rallying and inspiring heroes rather than just solving everything with divine might definitely fits with our character, and I fully approve. I also wonder what will happen with Mayhem after this is over. Will Zhilo's actions mean that he is now officially the new Mayhem, or will it return to the last holder or pick a new one?
AQ  Post #: 101
10/5/2019 19:28:58   
AliceShiki
Helpful!

Oooooooooh, really nice cutscene this time~

Seeing that us as War also think of what is needed in order to make Hope live on is pretty interesting, we're trying to keep the power of the other deities strong regardless of our own, this is really neat~

The choice of words used clearly shows that we're a different being than we were before, and at the same time what we want is still the same as before, I'm loving this~
AQ  Post #: 102
10/7/2019 0:16:14   
Conspiracy

The war should end in the next 30 or so hours.
AQ  Post #: 103
10/8/2019 3:05:34   
Kay Oh

@Staff Please don't tamper with the war meter. You guys know that players look down on it from previous wars. The top 25 and 50 are very competitive and many players are carefully tracking the pace of the war and planning how many kills they will put in. If the bosses/rewards aren't ready, that's fine, you can delay it without having to slow down the war.

The war was going to end in ~70k kills but was pushed back to ~130k.
AQ MQ AQW  Post #: 104
10/8/2019 3:40:15   
Conspiracy

I agree. If a number is set, please don't change it. If the rewards aren't ready, we can wait an extra week, or however long you require. I've been keeping an eye on other players, and a lot of them have reset their daily gold caps multiple times. Extending the war wouldn't be fair to those who've spent money and time on this war. Let the war be fair and end naturally.

Also I want a round number for my kill count. I was lucky I got it for one of the previous wars since it ended prematurely.
AQ  Post #: 105
10/8/2019 12:34:56   
Lineolata

@Kay Oh and Conspiracy- Considering that 60k waves isn't much of a delay for how long development takes, I find it more likely that some people were put into the Cheater/Troublemaker clan and thus had their war kills invalidated. Always sad when people resort to illegitimate means for these contests.

EDIT: Nvm, got clarification- the total number of waves and the number of waves killed were both doubled. The percentage didn't change, but the number of kills left until the war finishes did. This seems odd but I'm willing to wait for an official explanation to see what's up.

< Message edited by Lineolata -- 10/8/2019 12:41:54 >
AQ DF  Post #: 106
10/8/2019 12:48:35   
Kay Oh

Just to add, 60k more waves extends the war by around 8-10 hours.
AQ MQ AQW  Post #: 107
10/8/2019 13:22:57   
s_venom

99%, we are quite close to the end.
Too bad I capped already...
AQ DF  Post #: 108
10/8/2019 13:24:40   
Lineolata

I'm not sure that the 60k additional waves will extend the war by 8-10 hours given that the herokuapp site now says we're 17k away from reaching 3 million. I may be mistaken or affected by some error, granted.
AQ DF  Post #: 109
10/8/2019 15:09:21   
Kay Oh

@lineolata I'm using this as a reference.
If the war was continuing normally, it would have finished at ~7am EST, which is around 8 hours earlier from now.
Also keep in mind, I posted about this at 3am.
AQ MQ AQW  Post #: 110
10/8/2019 16:25:07   
Lineolata

War at 100%. Rewards out. Quite enjoyed the cutscene. Rewards have the usual for a war- a face, titles you can buy with enough kills, and an armor and weapon.

spoiler:

Weapon is an axe that comes in melee and magic versions, compresses fire and wind in both. No proc observed so far. Armor is a FO fire armor with three skills- the skills and graphics are the same as the temporary War armor from the war. The MRM and resistances are different, obviously.

Notably, the armor is the new most expensive armor I know of, at slightly over 120 million gold for the level 150 version, which may make it useful for those determined to stockpile gold for the donation contests.
AQ DF  Post #: 111
10/8/2019 16:29:11   
mew626

Just watched the cutscenes... why are we denied the opportunity to be war? :(
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 112
10/8/2019 16:43:39   
Kurtz96

I thought War might be the most expensive armor in the game. But is it worth it? Doe it surpass Pyromancer Bloodmage or Bloodzerker?
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 113
10/8/2019 16:49:52   
lolerster

The armor has very good compression, as it basically allows you to cast fear, a SPell with what seems to be no elecomp but follows the element of your weapons and a fire SPell wil elecomp.

Ofc, like most modern armor they do not scale with CIT. A solid FO fire armor, but not BiS.
AQ  Post #: 114
10/8/2019 16:53:38   
Kurtz96

Yeah a bit disappointed. I thought the armor would at least be a BiS option for warriors if not overall.

< Message edited by Kurtz96 -- 10/8/2019 16:59:47 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 115
10/8/2019 17:01:24   
lolerster

I think at this point we can't expect any armor to be as strong as Bloodzerker/blood mage/Old standard armors. It's still a bit disappointing though as I think the subrace armors are a lot stronger than this.

Even the weapon is a bit disappointing due to the existance of the fire bloodzerker blade.
AQ  Post #: 116
10/8/2019 17:06:41   
Kurtz96

Well the bloodzerker armors are very new so new stuff can still be very powerful. And the bloodmage armors are also relatively new.

spoiler:

Also is there a reason only the light/dark elemental lords showed up at the end? Aren't all the elemental lords suppose to be equal?

Oops sorry. Put in spoiler tags.

< Message edited by Kurtz96 -- 10/8/2019 17:33:13 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 117
10/8/2019 17:24:49   
  Lorekeeper
And Pun-isher

spoiler:

You were specifically welcomed by the deities you have interacted with in the past, with Light and Darkness being the elements whose Lords you met manifestations of during the intrusions of Erebus. You certainly have the attention of the entire pantheon, being a protected asset of theirs, but as The´Galin's parting line reveals, they are still busy with an extremely dire situation.

As of the Chosen's identity, you may notice from the buildup's implications that this is not an opportunity being denied, but a binding averted for reasons that the Chosen states quite clearly. As one grows in power, the line between who and what they are may begin to blur, with the greater powers you have met being some of the only beings who can shape their mantle without being shaped in turn. Mechanical reasons aside, I imagine you may have a number of reasons to not want to compromise your very ability to walk upon Lore like other heroes.

Of course, try as one might to define who they are, there are matters in which reality itself may have an undeniable say at times.
Post #: 118
10/8/2019 18:58:18   
AliceShiki
Helpful!

spoiler:

As someone that has beaten the War-Torn Dragon 3 or 4 times because of Pedia stuff, I ought to say it felt very VERY fulfilling to stomp him with the War Armor, though what I loved the most were the status effects.

Attrition: The dragon's resistance to flame means nothing before the burning truth of War undeniable!
Defiance: War does not suffer from attrition - War IS attrition.

It's just so lovely to see it, burning the stat roll away like it was nothing (well, for War it IS nothing!) and plain and simply stomping it was just soooo lovely... Soft Damage Cap? Softness has no place in face of WAR! \(^^)/

Also really loved the way it was closed up in how we didn't hold the mantle of war to ourselves, curious if we'll see parts of it being wore again in times of need... And looking forward to how things will shape up in future releases, The'Galin certainly left us with some worrisome words~
AQ  Post #: 119
10/8/2019 20:16:49   
Ryu Draco

Welp, we've reached the end of the Saga, stomped some dragons, and punched sense back into a paranoid idiot. However, I think there is one big thing we should probably take away from all of this.

Dragonslayer Twilly shall become the new War. For he strikes down dragons LIKE THE FIST OF AN ANGRY GOD!

Seriously though, dem numbers.
AQ  Post #: 120
10/8/2019 23:47:38   
Uskius

@Alice Ditto. These boss fights felt VERY good to beat. Very good. All in all one of my favorite sagas in a while.
AQ Epic  Post #: 121
10/8/2019 23:54:17   
::Raist::

This has been an amazing and well-crafted saga. Thank you, Cray, for creating a story so enjoyable to play through! I look forward to what you have in store for us next.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 122
10/9/2019 2:27:58   
Primate Murder

The ending was well-written, interesting, and with hooks for the future sagas - as expected of Cray's writing.

There's just one thing I'd have liked to see, and that's the reaction of the Watcher to the conclusion of the Burning Solstice. Did he expect it? Was the ending a failure or an unexpected boon - after all, it seem to align with his goals somewhat? It's very nice to see a rational and intelligent villain, as opposed to megalomaniacs and crazies that we usually get.

Edit: What happened to Mayhem? The mantle and the power, I mean?

Edit2: Oh, and one last thing - Cray, judging by The'Galin's parting remark, you're planning to pick up Falerin's Entropy saga?

< Message edited by Primate Murder -- 10/9/2019 2:32:41 >
AQ DF  Post #: 123
10/9/2019 3:16:58   
Conspiracy

Ooh, the "post-credits" scene.

12k rounds, 10k battles, 38k hits, 8 misses, and 39m magical damage at the conclusion of the war.
AQ  Post #: 124
10/9/2019 5:30:48   
AliceShiki
Helpful!

Write Up for this quest is live btw~

Gonna try making an entry for the quest's final boss soon. It's really triggering me to have that bunch of boss info in the middle of the entry... Especially because I was a bit tired and didn't format it neatly.

Many thanks to Cray once again for providing me with a script, made the job a lot easier~
AQ  Post #: 125
Page:   <<   < prev  3 4 [5] 6 7   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest General Discussion >> RE: =AQ= 50% Off Z-Token Sale + Burning Solstice Finale - The Answer
Page 5 of 8«<34567>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition