Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =AQ= 50% Off Z-Token Sale + Burning Solstice Finale - The Answer

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest General Discussion >> RE: =AQ= 50% Off Z-Token Sale + Burning Solstice Finale - The Answer
Page 6 of 8«<45678>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
10/9/2019 8:55:05   
  Lorekeeper
And Pun-isher

It's very rewarding that people have enjoyed this saga so much, especially seeing how satisfying everyone found the finale. Back when I wrote this, I had some doubts about the balance of questions asked and answered, new ones introduced and those deliberately left unanswered. As I have made it my goal to resolve loose plot threads in a satisfying way while still building on the lore, that was a very important variable to get just right. And to have managed it in one go is a surreal milestone.

Seeing it come alive every episode with the team's fantastic work was unreal, and I was always looking forward to seeing all of your reactions to each step. You made it feel like I was on both sides of the aisle, getting excited as both a developer and another player.

In regards to the future, there are plans involving a lot of things that people have been looking forward to, and no thread from this saga will be unaddressed for long. The Season of Prophecy may have come to an end, but it will influence content to come for some time as the balance of Lore changes in ways both seen and unseen. And as hard as it is to say without melancholy, yes, I do plan on continuing the ENTROPY story. It may not happen very soon, but I gave my word that I would do Falerin's work justice when I effectively inherited his characters.

Stay tuned for more exciting news and topics soon.
Post #: 126
10/9/2019 9:10:11   
AliceShiki
Helpful!

I'm certainly looking forward to it a lot! It's always nice to go through your releases!! \(^^)/
AQ  Post #: 127
10/9/2019 10:53:19   
OverLordOfDeath

I like how war just gets rid of the stat roll but I wish we could play as him more.
Post #: 128
10/9/2019 11:17:20   
Heroes of the Scape

@Cray: Between you having Fals characters and UPP getting Paxia, all of his projects are in amazing hands.
AQ  Post #: 129
10/9/2019 12:20:54   
Kurtz96

Are War's skills the warrior type (WKZ, HSVV) or Spell type.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 130
10/9/2019 14:09:24   
I Overlord I

I'm tremendously happy with the story arc in general, although the resolution was decidedly anticlimactic. Like, I appreciate trivializing the boss "fights" from a storyline perspective, but it just doesn't sit right from a gameplay perspective. Zhilo had waaay too much build-up and hype to simply become a footnote in the broad canvas of Lorian history. Perhaps an optional (challenge) boss fight after he's no longer corrupted and the player has "resigned" from being War? A fun fight wouldn't necessarily be lopsided in Zhilo's favor.

Unfortunately, this same ordeal previously occurred with Sliske in "Endgame" (no, not the MCU, lol), where the culmination of a final showdown years in the making was reduced to a one-sided stomp. Though that instance was significantly worse imo, because Sliske was effectively the archnemesis of the PC and a demi-god. Also, years.

That being said, this is not so much criticism as it is personal preference.

< Message edited by I Overlord I -- 10/9/2019 14:12:07 >
AQ  Post #: 131
10/9/2019 14:39:18   
JanusHoW

This war also looks to be a decent grinding spot if you don't mind the walls of text.

So, how does the armor compare to...say, the Overlord's Privilege? It certainly easier to get.
AQ  Post #: 132
10/9/2019 14:47:13   
Lord Tenebros

Well, it’s certainly not as good as Pyro Bloodmage or Bloodzerker, so let’s get that out of the way right now.

That being said, the new War armor is arguably the best TRULY FREE FO fire armor available apart from Pyromancer Robes with Imbue. It’s easily accessible compared to Overlord’s, can nuke with the Carnage spell (not as good as things like WKZ or Angel of Souls since it is Spell-based but at least it CAN nuke), and you can have some fun times stacking Panic’s Fear on Fire weak mobs.

The advantages provided by Overlord’s armor are almost completely obsolete in today’s meta (the Celerity FSB is extremely unreliable and is a complete joke compared to Shadowfeeder Pendant, the burn and backlash from its weapon and shield are borderline useless).

TL;DR One of the best FO Fire armor options available if you don’t have access to the Blood armors or don’t want to use Pyro Robes for mages, but not as good as the max-tier stuff that’s already out there.

EDIT: If you’re looking purely for offensive Fire power then you’re better off getting Dragon Talon spell, I am only comparing this armor strictly with other fire armors. As you can imagine, the Rare / Z-Token stuff is better overall than free stuff.

< Message edited by Lord Tenebros -- 10/9/2019 14:54:17 >
Post #: 133
10/9/2019 14:49:01   
Lord Markov

The skills are spell-based.
AQ  Post #: 134
10/9/2019 15:01:43   
  The Hollow
AQ Lead

War prizes have been delivered!

In the event of tie we would try and be as fair as possible and give out extra prizes. Since there was a coordinated effort to take advantage of this generosity and game the system, we unfortunately can only give prizes to the qualifying players in the required spots on the war wins list. Sorry to anyone affected by this change, but we will not be giving out extra prizes in the event of a tie on the war win list anymore.
AQ  Post #: 135
10/9/2019 15:04:49   
JanusHoW

@Lord Tenebros - Ah, good. I hate having to go through that stupidly long quest just to upgrade the Overlord armor. Plus, the attack animation on the Overlord armor took WAY too long for my taste.
AQ  Post #: 136
10/9/2019 15:09:24   
Lord Markov

It should be pointed out that the Rage Beast for Werewolf subrace is generally a superior F2P option to both, and both Beast and Overlord have the advantage of costing significantly less gold which can be important pre-150.

But for those without that subrace or just looking for other options it's definitely a strong and viable alternative.
AQ  Post #: 137
10/9/2019 15:16:01   
Lord Tenebros

@JanusHoW

Yeah. Whether you go for War or the Fire subrace armors, it is ABSOLUTELY NOT WORTH going through the entire Overlord quest just to get an armor that is inferior to many other options available currently.
Post #: 138
10/9/2019 16:05:00   
Kay Oh

@Hollow
I understand you not wanting these events to happen again. But for this war, I don't think it's right to punish the rest and I'll list my reasons.
1) The tied players from 22-30 randomly shift through those places every 30 mins. I was the 2nd to reach 8500 kills, which would place me 23rd, but was moved. You can see these random shifts happen here and how different everyone was placed compared to right now.
So the tied players who received the reward got it completely at random, and not for reaching 8,500 first.
2) Ties were allowed and rewarded in the past, even though they were done on purpose (not to this extent, but point still stands). You also told me by PM that in an event of a tie occurring, you would still reward them. There should have been a clear rule that tieing was not allowed, and not everyone would be rewarded.
3) On average, it took each player that tied ~70 hours to reach 8,500 kills. That's 70 hours of game play in 2 weeks and have their time wasted to unclear rules and complete luck being randomly shifted through the list.
4) The reason why many of us went for a tie was because the war meter was tampered, and we had to kill 60k extra mobs which extended the war by ~8 hours. Players no longer felt secure at the top as most had to go sleep for work/school the next day, and the mob pool was changed at 11 PM Est.

< Message edited by Kay Oh -- 10/9/2019 16:34:56 >
AQ MQ AQW  Post #: 139
10/9/2019 16:36:02   
CH4OT1C!

This is coming from someone that didn't take part in the tie.

I understand that these circumstances are unusual, but I want to reiterate @Kay Oh's viewpoint here. I don't think it's reasonable to punish those involved, and I want to raise a couple of my own points here:

1). Not only was it very difficult to reach 8500 kills in the first place, but the goal posts for the war were moved by around 60,000 kills 24 hours before the end. From what I've seen, this had a significant impact on quite a few warmongers, who had invested a lot of effort in timing their kills. This tie helped at least alleviate their concerns, as they would have otherwise lost out.
2). The whole spirit of this war can be summed up in one of the cutscene (the 25%, to be exact), where our character states "We redefine war itself as standing together, tall and strong, against all threats". I can't think of a better way of standing together than performing this kind of tiebreak. It takes a lot of trust to pull something like this off.

I'm not saying that this should become a regular thing, only that (given the points raised) it would be unfair not distribute to all those that tied.

< Message edited by CH4OT1C! -- 10/9/2019 16:39:57 >
AQ  Post #: 140
10/9/2019 17:03:02   
Red Blood

I do also think moving the goal post then expecting those at the top to not look for a solution to a problem introduced to either stretch out the war to finish the items when it has been established we will tolerate a wip shop in the event of things being late. Granted the large tie is taking advantage of the tie thing perhaps give it a one off seeing the change of the goal post while many wished to sleep/eat wasn't exactly a kind move in itself. Both sides are at fault and I indeed did use the extra time to slide into the top 50 but even then I'm sure they assumed they had it in the bag or were too busy at the time to contest the sudden extension.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 141
10/9/2019 17:24:22   
Elemental Magician

Some other issues worth pointing out here in particular with the war was the abnormal amount of High-Gold mobs (and especially the War Dragon - which alone was more than 1% of a Level 150's cap) and people don't like having to face those as it kills momentum and slows us down when we're on a roll. This can end up with people then resetting their cap or using Spirit of Miscs to gain an unfair advantage while those who don't end up getting left in the dust because they refuse to give-in to the temptation of P2W (granted I did use only one throughout the course of the war - but it was a 10% so it was tame compared to using all 7 of them one by one).

And as Kayoh has stated in #4, not everyone has all the time in the world to play the game, and I know this from personal experience because getting stressed from being unable to defend your position while others take advantage isn't good for one's health. Because of this, I'm of the opinion that ties are a good compromise to maintain a good mental state while awarding those who end up in it. Making it "everyone for themselves" will just cause unnecessary stress & anxiety and could turn people away as a consequence.
AQ  Post #: 142
10/9/2019 17:50:11   
Alien_Raptor

Alright so, I recently returned to this game after a long, long time away. I invested a lot of time into this war enough to get me into 9th place, I did this without any 'P2W' mechanics or any meta builds or items. I simply used War Form and picked my fights, I could have done a ton more kills should I wished but some days I didn't have the time to farm out 2000+ kills.

Those of you who tied at 8500 deliberately to this extent were gaming the system and you probably knew that when doing it. I realise most of us are older now with jobs and families to look after in some cases, I really didn't think I'd still be coming back to play a childhood game at 29 but here I am. Warmongers of old wouldn't have settled for a tie, they would have pushed on regardless of goals being moved or kills increased.

AQ DF  Post #: 143
10/9/2019 17:55:19   
  The Hollow
AQ Lead

Kay oh you asked me about tied places before anything with the war was changed. It is unfortunate that you did not tell me about your plan as I would have explained why taking advantage of our fairness wasn't a great idea. Even more unfortunate other players were involved in this, resulting in them missing out on the war prize.
AQ  Post #: 144
10/9/2019 17:58:11   
Kay Oh

@Hollow Can you please address the points that we have made? I believe they are strong points that need to be addressed when coming to your decision.

quote:

Warmongers of old wouldn't have settled for a tie, they would have pushed on regardless of goals being moved or kills increased.

If only you knew how much warmongering has changed in the past years. If you'd like to discuss this more, shoot me a PM. (It's probably not a good idea to discuss this here)
AQ MQ AQW  Post #: 145
10/9/2019 18:24:02   
Kaizoku

Blatantly trying to game the system into gaining additional prizes (when a specific number was given, which is why these items are desired to begin with) is just heinous in my opinion. I don't see why anyone would think that's remotely fair to the people who worked hard to stay up in top 25.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 146
10/9/2019 18:36:31   
AliceShiki
Helpful!

I just wanted to say, to anyone that decided to start badmouthing the people that decided on doing the tie, that all those people worked crazy hard to get 8500 kills, that's far more than most people playing this game will ever hope to do.

Agreeing or disagreeing with their action or with Hollow's response to it is completely up to you and you have the total right to take whatever positioning you want on the matter... But don't go badmouthing them as if they were lazy people that didn't want to try warring "properly" and decided to take the easy way out to get a tie. They all worked very hard to get that kill count.

Ties are not a product of laziness nor are they a product of ill intentions, they're a product of multiple people sharing a similar goal and trying to find a solution that would be ideal to everyone.

You do not need to agree to their actions, but please give them the appropriate amount of respect, they all are some of the most dedicated players in this game and were all very excited to see the end of this saga that staff worked so hard to deliver, which is why they racked up such amazingly high kill count in such a hard war.
AQ  Post #: 147
10/9/2019 18:41:52   
Kay Oh

@Kaizoku I would advice you to read the points that we made before coming to your "heinous" conclusion. Look at both sides. Players have tied in previous wars and it was looked at as a "coincidence", as if the player decided to be lower in the list instead of getting the extra kill to go up instead. It was known that ties would receive the rewards, there was no rule against it. We saw this as everyone working together to combat the many unfair factors in this war, and we listed them above. But instead, it was looked at as if we were greedy. The 70+ hours of time all 9 of us invested was seen as gaining an *unfair* advantage. But less than half of us deserved the reward, while the other half were "unfortunate".
AQ MQ AQW  Post #: 148
10/9/2019 18:44:56   
lolerster

For those that are asking above, the Legacy of War's skills are spell based. This means that they are not affected by CIT. Despite of this, I would consider this to be the 5th best FO fire armor in the game (after Pyromancer Bloodmage, Bloodzerker, Flame Guardian Dragon Form, Vampyro/Rage Beast/Malicious Devil for Vampire/Werewolf/Werepyre). I would say it is better than Champion of Fire Realm and Champion of Akriloth, but it is debatable. It easily beats Overlord due to its ability to nuke. Note that aside from the werewolf/werepyre armors, all of the above are either rare or cost tokens, making War the best gold fire armor in the game for Vampires. While I'm still a bit disappointed about its power level considering it's based on a demigod, that's still a pretty title still I suppose.

< Message edited by lolerster -- 10/9/2019 18:53:43 >
AQ  Post #: 149
10/9/2019 19:07:53   
Kaizoku

@Kay Oh

I can understand your point of view after reading your posts. I was being an ****, and I apologise for it. I didn't consider how you guys feel after putting in so much work for it. But I also don't see the ties as something that should be used in this manner, either.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 150
Page:   <<   < prev  4 5 [6] 7 8   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest General Discussion >> RE: =AQ= 50% Off Z-Token Sale + Burning Solstice Finale - The Answer
Page 6 of 8«<45678>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition