Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =AQ= COMING THIS WEEK!

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest General Discussion >> RE: =AQ= COMING THIS WEEK!
Page 2 of 3<123>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
1/11/2020 19:27:40   
zekefreed777

I'm also excited for the new boss. I want to test my new gear against a new challenge :D

I'm bummed out I missed Starslayer but at least I'm around for this one
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 26
1/11/2020 19:34:18   
CHAIML

Any update on the new void release?
AQ MQ  Post #: 27
1/11/2020 23:13:17   
  The Hollow
AQ Lead

Prepare for battle in the Void against the mighty Woolzard! Don't be taken in by the fluffiness, this zard will make short work of any would-be hero with its Zardimax powers. You have a rare chance to battle a "shiny" Woolzard, unlocking different rewards! See if you can discover all the secrets to increasing your odds!
AQ  Post #: 28
1/11/2020 23:30:28   
Kurtz96

There is a level 150 4500 token house item in the reward shop, is that a house guard?
This will be the first time I ahve ever "shiny hunted" for anything. Who knew it would be in a game completely unrelated to Pokemon

< Message edited by Kurtz96 -- 1/11/2020 23:35:42 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 29
1/11/2020 23:40:01   
  Digital X

Beep Beep! ArchKnight AQ / ED

Yes Kurtz96, it's a house guard.

Well the battle only took 2 tries, pretty good on my watch! Having a multihit pet really helps out here. I didn't use Skills either, just sat in an armour and swung my swords.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 30
1/11/2020 23:42:19   
lolerster

Interesting boss. Also, since we are on the topic of Pokemon, was Bell Shell also designed by IMR? It has the same name as the item Shell Belll in Pokemon, which also heals its holder by 1/8 of the damage they deal.

spoiler:

Fluffy is a reference to the Pokemon ability Fluffy, which reduces physical damage by 50%.

The boss has a breath attack, which can put you to sleep, a reference to the sleep status. A regular chomp attack (just normal attack). A "recoil" chunk attack, which I assume is a reference to recoil attacks like Double-Edge. It will also Dynamax, lasting 3 turns and dealing increased damage when it has sufficient SP. Dynamax is. of course, a reference to the new Dynamax mecahnic in Sword and Shield. It gains Freedom when it Dynamaxes referencing to Dyanamax Pokemon's inability to be flinched. It also gains new attack animation, referencing Pokemon's access to 4 new moves after dynamaxing.

The reward is a pet, with 2 different toggle effects. The first is a toggle between chomp attack that inflicts significant earth EleVul. Clicking on its body will give it a chance to use a breath attack that inflicts asleep. The second toggle is a SP toggle. For 196 SP/turn, it will do what I believe is double damage.

The boss is fairly easy to beat. The first time I did it, I just bursted him down with Destruction Burst under stunlock. However, as it is a mono Earth attacker, you can also tank it by stacking Earth resist down to 3% (or 4% for 40% armors, using -10% earth misc), or even 6.5%/7% is sufficient (using earth armor/shield/50% misc). The only risk with the ladder method is a stun chain from the sleep effect. However, a healing pet/guest will easily outheal it, especially for beastmasters. Mages also has mana shield to easily tank it (due to how broken the mp-hp conversion rate is on Book of Burns cast with Imbue with Lore). Of course, it can be easily bursted down with armor skills. Weapon-based skills do half damage (I think), but is still good enough as 8k HP these days are nothing. Of course, spell-based skills are not affected. Despite first appearances, this is not challenging at all for FO builds. Its attacks also has very low BTH, so stacking defense will make it hit very very infrequently.

Also, missed opportunity to increase its health by 50% of its max health during Dynamax :P

< Message edited by lolerster -- 1/12/2020 9:32:34 >
AQ  Post #: 31
1/11/2020 23:44:41   
Kurtz96

Does the "take half damage form weapon attacks" literally mean weapon attacks/skills, leaving spells immune, or does it mean all attacks?

My bloodmage nukes were not doing a lot of damage but I'm not sure if that was from the soft damage cap or that clause.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 32
1/11/2020 23:51:05   
lolerster

I believe it works against all weapon-based attacks, but not spell based. THe reason your bloodmage nukes seems weak is because of the soft damage cap I believe, not Fluffy.
AQ  Post #: 33
1/12/2020 0:00:48   
J9408

Lucky Beastmasters work very well here.
Post #: 34
1/12/2020 0:08:10   
Ashmander

wouldn't the fluffy ability mean it also takes double damage from fire moves.?
Post #: 35
1/12/2020 0:12:29   
Kurtz96

I was thinking about that part of fluffy but for balance reasons it probably could not be implemented. 200% fire would make it very easy to nuke ( it already is possible).
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 36
1/12/2020 0:13:29   
lolerster

According to Discord, there are people who encountered a black version. The 200% fire resist was not implemented.
AQ  Post #: 37
1/12/2020 0:15:21   
Kurtz96

That would be the shiny version. Wooloo has a black shiny and this monster is obviously based on Wooloo.
Are the special rewards just reskins on the normal ones?
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 38
1/12/2020 0:17:45   
Ashmander

now i'm getting x and y vibes. plus youngster vibes. i beat the zard. now i'm just running from it. and looking for one with i think a opposite color scheme.
Post #: 39
1/12/2020 2:01:32   
Incantatus

I paralysed him for 7 rounds with that thunder wave blade...not a tough fight afterwards.
AQW  Post #: 40
1/12/2020 2:36:30   
Willowofwish

Love the fight and got my shiny! Also kudos to staying faithful to its original source with all its reference. Glad to see Sleep getting more attention, hoping we get more sleep-centered items, maybe a TM42/85/59 mechanic in the future
AQ  Post #: 41
1/12/2020 2:53:37   
toannghe1997

What is the 'shiny'? Is it a rare skin of da pet?
Post #: 42
1/12/2020 8:47:58   
CHAIML

I haven't done a void challenge for a release before.

Do you automatically encounter woolzard or do you have to battle other monsters first?
AQ MQ  Post #: 43
1/12/2020 8:57:39   
Fishbone

Idk what is the chance of finding a shiny one, but I've rolled probably 50 fights already, and didn't find the rare one. Looks like it's quite low.
AQ  Post #: 44
1/12/2020 8:59:41   
CHAIML

So what are the chances of finding the regular woolzard versus any other void monster?
AQ MQ  Post #: 45
1/12/2020 9:07:31   
Fishbone

@CHAIML

You just choose to fight him actually. Simple as that.
AQ  Post #: 46
1/12/2020 9:33:50   
lolerster

@CHAIML

This is the chances of finding the shiny according to Discord:

spoiler:

Base chance of encountering a shiny version starts of at 1%, increases by 1% after each kill streak milestone of 1,3,6,10,15,21,28,36 and 45,
capping out at a 10% base chance with a kill streak of 45.

Hitting the woolzard with fire element at least once in the battle increases the kill streak by 10 instead of 1.

At the moment, kill streak resets if you exit the void, not sure if it's intentional.

Each of the following items also increase this chance by 5% if they are in your active inventory, having all 7 would result in a +35% chance to encounter on top of the base rate.

Shepherd's Crook
Saladmandr Seed Pack
Bell Shell
Aloha Pikazard
Pikazard
Bulbazard
Doom Sheep

Source: Unofficial and may be subjected to change
AQ  Post #: 47
1/12/2020 9:57:23   
CHAIML

@Fishbone

I must have gone in too early.

He wasn't available at the time I went in last night.

Now he is.

Thanks.
AQ MQ  Post #: 48
1/12/2020 11:22:32   
Dekoras

Super excited about the changes coming to the Void, I'm always down for new bosses and challenges!

Was hoping this one wouldn't be a pushover, but even with the damage cap the stun meta took down the WoolZard with ease.

Big shoutout to the guy above who posted how to boost your chances of finding the shiny version. Only took me a few tries after following the advice.

Speaking of "shiny," I love the concept, I just wish the shiny rewards would have a little boost over the normal ones, instead of just a reskin. All in all, I liked this release a lot, and hopefully the Void will continue to churn out some unique battles in the near future
AQ  Post #: 49
1/12/2020 12:43:47   
J9408

It's just a reskin?
Post #: 50
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest General Discussion >> RE: =AQ= COMING THIS WEEK!
Page 2 of 3<123>
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition