Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Rate My Character

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest Q&A >> Rate My Character
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
4/18/2020 18:08:30   
Istar_Magus

A long time ago, I used to be one of the people who would give out character advice, but now that I am coming back from a years-long hiatus I need some people to help give me some guidance while I am re-learning the game. My character is linked to my account. I like to use 1-2 compression items to help free up space now and again, but I am ready and willing to listen to you guys give me a full breakdown.

Julian Aurelius Invictus: Creator - Poet - Mystic - Husband - Father

Twitter: https://twitter.com/1nvyncibleONE
Twitch: https://twitch.tv/1nvyncibleone
AQ  Post #: 1
4/19/2020 1:39:38   
Primate Murder

Welcome back!

First of all,you should probably know that the stat cap has been raised to 250, which means you can only max out three stats. Are you going for a pure warrior or a beastwarrior build?
AQ DF  Post #: 2
4/19/2020 20:45:57   
Istar_Magus

Well when I stopped playing "seriously", I was going for a Beast Ranger build, but I guess that isn't a thing anymore. I'm not necessarily interested in Un-training all 200 STR points, so I guess a Beast Warrior build is the next best thing. From what I understand, though, FO Mage would be "cheaper".

< Message edited by Istar_Magus -- 4/19/2020 21:15:58 >
AQ  Post #: 3
4/20/2020 1:07:35   
Primate Murder

FO Mage is cheaper only in that its booster pet isn't premium - which is not a big concern for beastmasters anyway. As such, I suggest fully dedicating yourself to a 250 Str/Dex/Cha build.

The subraces have been revamped! As a 0-Int offensive Warrior, you'd benefit the most from Werewolf, with its Str/Dex drives, qc Fear and a 2x damage Beast Form that costs sp. So go to Darkovia, complete the subrace quests and get your subrace transformation as a second no-drop armor.

Finally, the first thing you want to do is go to the Guardian Tower and grab your Essence Orb misc. It's easily the most useful utility item in the game, able to directly convert your hp into sp, allowing you to spam nukes pretty much every turn.

Now, without further ado:

Weapons

You missed out on both Lord of Thunder weapons and Regal Dragonblade, so I suggest setting your no-drop to energy. Most FO builds also align their Awe special to PWD, as the others are slightly underpowered by not accounting for FO lean.

Bloodblades and Bloodzerker swords are some of the best weapons in the game for FO builds, dealing +15% damage for an hp cost. These should be your go-tos for earth and fire or ice (whichever you're not using for harm compression).

Pike Pike deals +25% damage (at the expense of taking a bit more)and uses your Cha in place of Luck for stats. There's also the option of the Kindred sword, which can gather charges to autohit w/o loss of damage (gains enough charges every turn if paired with the Kindred pet).

Your Horo Show sword or Lorekeeper's Oath compress harm.

Airenal's Lance compresses the strongest wind skill, so keep that.

Zabura's Hammer and Morningstar Cross compress weapon skills, which synergize very nicely with Bloodzerker armor toggles or even Beast Form.

Terror Eater is a great weapon for werewolf builds, as the subrace armor has 2/turn quickcast Fear infliction, and Eat Fear can consume that fear for high damage - also pairs greatly with Bloodzereker toggles and Beast Form. If you prefer a simpler weapon, Agony's Embrace is only slightly weaker than the Bloodblades.

Armors

Old standard armos have the strongest skills, as they have elecomp that is op by modern standards, that elecomp goes into damage and they can be boosted for another 50% damage by CIT. This makes WKZ, Moglord Tortress, LotS (from Airenal's Lance), Horo Show and Taladosian the best armors for their respective elements.

Blazing and Terra Bloodzerker armors deal +20% damage for an hp cost and have a toggle for 2x armor element damage - great synergy with Terror Eater, Zabura or Cross!

Angel of Souls has an hp-costing darkness weapon-based skill.

Shields

Cerberus Ward compresses fire/dark, which allows you to fit in CIT - a shield that makes your weapon-based attacks and skills deal *1.5 damage.

Kindred shield charges up a qc sp heal. Alternatively, Figurehead lowers monster's Luck when you block a hit - which is nice for effect inflictions of your pet/guest.

Fujin has a Dexdrive, increasing the accuracy of both your attacks and those of your pets and guests.

The Cha drive of Pies makes it the best ice option for beast builds.

Golem Guard has a toggle to reduce the damage you take.

Scarab Shell has a toggle to lower monster MRM, increasing your accuracy - which may come in handy for 0 Dex builds.'

Spells

Purple Rain is somewhat a staple of the current meta. It acts as a save point - first cast saves the sp/mp/hp of yourself and the monster, and the second returns them to that state, but without changing any of the status effects. Great for stacking stuff, then regaining all the sp spent.

All other slots should be filled with guest calls to get that extra 60% melee damage (as well as a variety of highly useful effects):

- Fire will be covered by your misc to give you a slot for Purple Rain.

- Valencia provides a little bonus to your LS rate. Normally that would be useless for 0 Luck builds, but if you make Pike Pike your water weapon, you can use Cha for your Lucky Strikes!

- Skeeter is an hp-costing guest, which allows you to conserve your sp for skills.

- Nezujimbo has a Freezing attack, which pairs nicely with Frost Effigy and your Torontosaurus.

- For earth choose between Twilly (heal toggle) and Mittens (paralysis chance).

- Energy... doesn't really have anything exceptional that's not rare or tokens. I would suggest using Essence of Caranage, which both boosts the damage of your melee and ranged attacks and has a chance to do Backlash damage!

- Mogsterio and Grimlord pay hp to deal 2x damage.

Pets

Underwyrmling is the only pet in the game that can harm monster sp.

Aqua Bot deals +50% damage for an sp cost.

Mutant Egg from Grenwog inflicts Paralysis.

Frost Effigy not only has a chance to Freeze, but also a Freeze potence, giving it great synergy with Nezujimbo.

If you have a spare UR, Fu Dog has a chance to petrify, as well as petrification-type potency, giving it great synergy with the seasonal Sugar Gobbler guest. Alternatively, Morningstar pet can inflict either EleVuln or DefLoss, increasing damage or accuracy of all attacks.

Mutant Egg works best for energy.

Lepre-Chan is a cha-based light booster.

Model 294 toggles to inflict EleVuln, which has great synergy with your nukes and and Grimlord.

If you find yourself with both a free slot and a UR, Tiny Void Pwny deals harm damage.

Miscs

As mentioned before, your first priority is Essence Orb to give you sp.

Grakma Warhorn summons a fire guest that can inflict EleVuln - great synergy with Bloodzerker nukes.

Shadowfeeder Pendant has a qc skill that grants celerity to you, pet and guest.

Goggernaut Helm gives +10 bth to every attack on the field, which is bad for your blocking, but good for skills and pet/guest attacks.

Frostgale's Remorse gives a boost to your ice/wind damage and grants paralysis potency, which synergizes with Mutant Egg pets and Mittens guest.

Bell Shell heals hp based on damage dealt. The heal is less than that of CoRS, but it also doesn't reduce your damage, making it the better overall choice for offensive builds.

Murderator Gauntlet grants Str, Cha and gives you a chance to control the monster.

Morningstar Helm gives immunity to paralysis. If you want something a little more sp-efficient, Blood Ruby and Liquid Courage give resistances to paralysis and fear respsectively.

Hope the info's useful and don't hesitate to ask if you have any questions!

< Message edited by Primate Murder -- 4/20/2020 1:30:41 >
AQ DF  Post #: 4
4/20/2020 20:42:49   
Istar_Magus

Okay, so before I even read this I picked up the Essence Orb (based on reading wikis) and the Terra Bloodzerker Sword and Armor. Since I really like the Horo Show set, I will keep that as my sword that compresses Harm and look to pick up a Blazing Bloodzerker Sword. Got Purple Rain, so that's done as well.

I've been consuming a lot of information from wikis and reddit, so you'll have to forgive me because trying to sort through it all is very mentally exhasting. Not to say that I am not grateful for all the information and support, of course I am. Just trying to figure out what's best for me going forward.

Having said that, from what I've been reading/hearing, most CHA builds seem to lean on FD armors rather than FO. Am I doing myself a disservice by keeping CHA and still trying to build FO, or should I give that up in favor of doing something else. I remember the reason I invested in DEX was because, at the, I had a huge amount of issues with hitting monsters and that really annoyed me. Before that, I had been a Hybrid, but it seems now that everything sort of revolves around the Sub-Race Beast Forms and Purple Rain looping. Can't say I was ever particularly good at the meta (I was bad, for example, about using 0-Proc weapons).
AQ  Post #: 5
4/20/2020 23:32:18   
Primate Murder

AQ is fairly freeform when it comes to builds. Pretty much any build can be used to beat the monsters (outside of specific challenges like War-Torn Dragon and DUM), though you generally want to have Dex for accuracy and some form of a damage stat among Str/Int/Cha. Meta generally relies on Luck (to get the drop on your foe), but that only really affects your first turn; it is in no way necessary to enjoy the game. Cha gives you a bit of flexibility when it comes to status effects - and you don't have to buy Dunamis and Thernda pets for $50 each, so there's that as well.
AQ DF  Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest Q&A >> Rate My Character
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition