Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =AQ= UpdateQuest Ideas

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest General Discussion >> RE: =AQ= UpdateQuest Ideas
Page 3 of 6«<12345>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
7/26/2020 6:33:33   
LUPUL LUNATIC

quote:

Sila's Staff could do +2.5% spell damage per neutral spell in your inventory.

Except 5% melee is 9.375% spellboost for one element, not 2.5% spellboost.

As long as it boosts all spells and not only the built-in spell which is multi-elemental and not reliable... people used sila for spell-boosting own spells.

It would be a very good change if only all compression spells counted as Neutral in their database i feel like it's gonna be a really sketchy thing and very limiting.
For example Embrace the Shadows spell seeks between Light and Darkness but counts as Darkness element spell not Neutral.

P.S: My mistake i thought the +2.5% boost would also get elemental compensation for *132/109 since its primarily used with multi-element spells.
But 5% melee is definitely worth 9.375% spellboost (see Magestaves) , since its for all element spells would be 9.375% * 0.6 = 5.625 % per Neutral spell.

< Message edited by LUPUL LUNATIC -- 7/27/2020 14:10:19 >
AQ  Post #: 51
7/27/2020 8:38:46   
Bolter

I would also like for some of the old festive event quests such as those from Snugglefest, Grenwog, Mogloween and Harvest to be updated with updated rewards as well, along with the updating of the old rewards of Blarney as well.
AQ  Post #: 52
7/27/2020 14:10:36   
  Ultrapowerpie

Mail Moogle of AdventureQuest

Paxia is still in the works, just letting everyone know. Probably getting pushed back to 2021 thanks to delays caused by the situation IRL.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 53
7/28/2020 11:28:43   
Yozai

Lucky it's soon 2021
AQ  Post #: 54
7/28/2020 12:06:29   
Zennistrad

quote:

Paxia is still in the works, just letting everyone know. Probably getting pushed back to 2021 thanks to delays caused by the situation IRL.

Wow, I never would have guessed that a Paxia revamp was even on the table at all. Great to know!
AQ  Post #: 55
7/28/2020 14:38:50   
Macho Man

I've been playing through the chessmaster saga and a Paxia update would be amazing. But to add I think any saga that has a page that shows all of the chapters within it deserves an update. Even the first half of chessmaster had low level mobs and rewards so even that should get updated.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 56
7/28/2020 14:49:06   
Lv 1000

Not sure if this goes here BUT. Adding Frazzledrop and the Underbeast the the Void Invasion rotation would be cool!
Post #: 57
7/31/2020 1:01:43   
Kurtz96

I agree. It's weird that some Void bosses where left out of the the rotation. Any reason why?
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 58
7/31/2020 1:23:39   
RobynJoanne

I'd assume it's because they're not "true" bosses that took over the Void. They're like Mr. Frostvalverse in that they're auxiliary fights.
Post #: 59
7/31/2020 4:57:45   
sobodobo

More challenges in guardian arena would be great.
Post #: 60
7/31/2020 19:06:06   
Frigus

Probably the three intro quests in Darkovia. Seeing those redone would be great.

Also, Sinister 7 is a good idea. It's one of my favorite events, but there's a small flaw with it when it comes to continuity mostly revolving around Drakonnan II.

< Message edited by Frigus -- 7/31/2020 19:16:03 >
Post #: 61
8/1/2020 2:14:29   
Sqwall

Also it's not quite quest per see but would it be possible old rare festive equipment to get higher levels? For instance i really loved the Cyber Santa set but it goes only to 135. And other such sets in general - there are some cool ones from Frostval that we basically can never use again since they are from a time of lower max level and don't stack up into late game (now that it's 150). That would be real great.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 62
8/1/2020 2:24:31   
SIGMUND

The Hollow said
"Once Necromancer, then ArchMage classes are out, Dracomancer could be updated - including the ability to stay in half-dragon form."

So the Dracomancer update is unlikely to ever happen then ?
Archmage class has been awaited for about .... 16 years so far ..... :)

How about an update to the Paxia Island quests?

Edit:
"Since the current Z-Token sale is ending so close to the Back-To-School sale, instead of ending the sale for a couple weeks and restarting it, I'm just going to make one final extension to the sale until September 14th!"

Thanks to The Hollow. I might be able to buy some tokens soon, maybe when Archmage Class is released.

< Message edited by SIGMUND -- 8/1/2020 2:30:32 >
AQ  Post #: 63
8/1/2020 9:45:13   
Bolter

Update Hall of Memories too
AQ  Post #: 64
8/2/2020 8:46:23   
Bu Kek Siansu

http://forums2.battleon.com/f/fb.asp?m=22382432
quote:

Anybody interested in Sila's staff getting a revamp? It'd be interesting to see what they do with that.

http://forums2.battleon.com/f/fb.asp?m=22382433
quote:

If Sila's Staff was updated to highest tiers, it would give a +9.375 spell boost which is already covered by Adventurer Figure, making it redundant. So it would have to be reworked to differentiate it.

http://forums2.battleon.com/f/fb.asp?m=22382435
quote:

Adventurer Figure is rare, and this wouldn't be the first time we have clones of rare items. Sila's Staff is also a tome, which would differentiate it enough in my opinion. It would actually be superior to Adventuer Figure just for the added versatility.

http://forums2.battleon.com/f/fb.asp?m=22382532
quote:

I'm on a bit of a sugar high from too much chocolate lavender sorbet so *grains of salt*, but offhand I gave the Book of Burns a "decompression bonus" for each Fire spell... I think it's +5% Melee? So Sila's Staff could do +2.5% spell damage per neutral spell in your inventory.

http://forums2.battleon.com/f/fb.asp?m=22381807
quote:

quote:

updating some token items in game.

Any suggestions?

Hollow, we hope you or someone else will be able to update the Battle Stat Trainer & Magic Stat Trainer.

http://forums2.battleon.com/f/fb.asp?m=22380092
quote:

3) Quicker stats retraining.
This has been suggested many times before. It's a pain to untrain and retrain our stat points because we have to go through a battle each time.
We should have the ability to choose how many stat points we want to (un)train and then do one battle.

http://forums2.battleon.com/f/fb.asp?m=22380093
quote:

3. Agreed especially now that stats are 250.

http://forums2.battleon.com/f/fb.asp?m=22382777
quote:

have the stat trainers ever been updated? i kind of want to rework my build but training each stat one by one is a massive slog

• We can use the Battle Stat Trainer & Magic Stat Trainer to untrain our stat points by clicking on the -5 stat points.

• It would be great if we also can retrain our stat points the same way but just by clicking on the +5 stat points.

For more details, see: http://forums2.battleon.com/f/fb.asp?m=22380675

< Message edited by Bu Kek Siansu -- 12/5/2020 8:28:27 >
  • Post #: 65
    8/5/2020 17:32:29   
    Kilvakar

Late to the conversation, but if Hollow says that they're working on Archmage, then my ever-hopeful soul will choose to believe that that's actually happening!

I've said for years that classes need more of a focus, as playing a class is far more fun than just switching between whatever happen to be the current meta armors and spamming their special skill.

Personally, other than Archmage, I'd honestly rather see them fix the stat system before focusing on updating everything else. The stat system change broke pretty much anything other than pure builds and I've lot a lot of motivation to keep playing the game until they've fixed that issue. I know it involves re-doing how stats work, especially DEX, but it needs to be finalized. The whole stat system change felt extremely random and half-finished, and it remains half-finished. I know most of the players are content sticking with pure burst warrior or mage, but for people who liked to play beastmaster hybrids the way stats work now their builds are borked.

As for old questlines, I know that they're updating the Devourer Saga and that would have been my first pick. My second pick would probably be the Dragon Wars, but there are a lot of old questlines like the old Darkovia quests, the Hall of Memories, and the holiday events that need updating as well.

While I know staff have been reluctant to do this in the past, bringing back old quests in a "time vault" sort of way (maybe the Hall of Memories again?) would be my ultimate dream. For someone who started back in 2007, there was still a lot of content that I missed out on from before my time or just from not being able to play much when I was younger. My ultimate dream would be to have the option to go back and play every quest (all that were feasible to bring back, that is) from the beginning of AQ. The world of AQ has come to mean a whole lot to me, and getting to go back to events that many, if not most of us missed out on like the wars against Akriloth, Carnax, and other iconic events from the past would reignite the passion most of us have for this game to an incredible degree.

I've known about UltraPowerPie working on Paxia for a long time, and it's good to hear it's still in the works. Paxia is what got me into AQ in the first place, even though by the time I joined it was already dead. I can't wait to see it return to even greater glory! Oh, and I know I've said it before, but please consider making class-like or subrace armor for the Paxian Clans, pretty please! :D
    AQ  Post #: 66
    8/9/2020 16:00:47   
    Yozai

Hmmm well dare one ask... now that archmage is maybe close to not be a joke...

What about:
    Trading
    Removal of No-drop gear to storage
    And background for charpages?

< Message edited by Yozai -- 8/9/2020 16:06:38 >
    AQ  Post #: 67
    8/9/2020 19:18:34   
    Sir Cloud

quote:

Removal of No-drop gear to storage

Yes, +1 for this please.

EPH6:12
    Wolf Uriel Gabe
    AQ  Post #: 68
    8/16/2020 1:12:45   
    Istar_Magus

I am also in the camp that would like to see a Dracomancer Update, perhaps even making it possible to become a Vartai and then treating it like a Race instead of a Class which would allow us to have a toggle Vartai form not unlike the Darkovian races. Additionally, I stand in the camp that wants to see Paxia become a relevant and fun aspect of the game as well. I would also love to see Darkovia and Granemor get updates that retroactively apply 'Emoran Knight skins to that faction, and maybe sweep Dracopyre at some point.

Clearly you guys are doing the best you can with the resources available to you, and I also think you've done amazing work on Paladin. Necromancer and Archmage are going to be amazing. If everyone in here would invest in Z-Token packages to help support the game more, then I am sure more could be done. Some of you may not realize just how much love Artix shows us by keeping this game running and investing in it, so we have to prove that we want these things as well.

Julian Aurelius Invictus: Creator - Poet - Mystic - Husband - Father

Twitter: https://twitter.com/1nvyncibleONE
    Twitch: https://twitch.tv/1nvyncibleone
    AQ  Post #: 69
    8/16/2020 2:54:23   
    Sqwall

Another idea i had for a long time is to give more meaningful impact to Crossroads. I don't think much (if any) change is needed to the location itself but i would like it to have more meaning upon completion.
    Now my idea would form this into a class more or less which i honestly want to avoid since that means it will be useless on any reasonably high (max) level
    Still we could get an armor or misc upon an area completion and when you finish them all something like Master Traveler armor that would be thematic with traveling. I personally view it as having more status resistances and utility (more passives) rather than offensive power. Like maybe resistance to effects that stop you from moving (because a seasoned traveler will always find a way forward), maybe resistance to burns/frostbites because said traveler has good equipment and his/hers clothes would allow to resist the elements (kind of like a survivalist), since a traveler could also be a pathfinder maybe it could give more initiative (not as much as assassin of course). Should there be an active skill, again - something that's not an outright attack like say...Bear Trap - DEX save or immobilization (you know while enemy is charging to attack you they weren't agile enough to avoid the trap). The point is whatever this would give, it should be giving off the impression of getting by with experience and wits more so that fighting/magical prowess.
    If this is a class (hopefully not, first because it wont be useful for long and second because if it is at all released will come in years) each completed path could give a piece of equipment like for example Northlands give all terrain boots (the immobilization resistance passive), Skaeling Desert - Environmental Clothes (the burn/frostbite resistance), Greenguard Forest - the bear trap skill, Dwarfhold - maps and navigation equipment (the initiative bonus) etc.
    Or in general could be a more expansive way of getting a great armor that does not have straight up you regular "meant for a fight" feel to it. Could be what i described for the class (not items but pieces of equipment that simply mark the progression of the quest) but in the end you get a shop for the armor (sort of like the scrolls quests where you get different ingredients that unlock a shop when you have them all). Or it could be a mastercraft set because it's a lot of battles and adventuring to get all the different roads to the last "emblem" of black circle with white star.

I know this should probably be in the suggestions pages but my whole point was that Crossroads as a location requires a LOT of effort to complete and doesn't really lead to anything in the end. When you think about it each run is 13 encounters of which 2 are potion crates, that means 11 battles. Thus to get the black circle with white star which you get after 9 runs that's 99 battles for one road and there are 6 of them - that's 594 battles total. It would stand to reason to have something real good after all that. After all that traveling in-game you should be a really seasoned traveler/pathfinder. Maybe also a title in the shop(but definitely not only a title - that alone is not enough)?
    AQ DF MQ  Post #: 70
    8/16/2020 9:54:59   
    lolerster

quote:

I'm on a bit of a sugar high from too much chocolate lavender sorbet so *grains of salt*, but offhand I gave the Book of Burns a "decompression bonus" for each Fire spell... I think it's +5% Melee? So Sila's Staff could do +2.5% spell damage per neutral spell in your inventory.

MAKE. IT. HAPPEN. I WILL OFFER MY FIRSTBORN.
    AQ  Post #: 71
    8/23/2020 12:55:36   
      Omni
    Quantum Mod

I saw ArchMage was in the works so of course I had to pop in and fan out about it. Been waiting for this almost a decade!
    Post #: 72
    8/23/2020 13:49:26   
    Aiwendil

Archmage? Does that mean Kalanyr's coming back?
    AQ  Post #: 73
    8/25/2020 12:11:44   
    Mr. Roguish
    Banned

Since The tier 3.5 warrior class "Paladin" got updated and we're expecting a bare minimum tier 3 mage class "Archmage" which would be made with the current meta.

I think I would only be right if we got an update on a tier 3 rogue class "Assassin" and its shop's equipment.

Also I think night of 100 ninja quest should get updated (which should be quick, easy, and sweet); mob buffed and final opponent is Shadow Mistress Elizabeth. Should also have a reward shop.

< Message edited by Mr. Popo -- 8/25/2020 15:48:38 >
    Post #: 74
    8/25/2020 13:07:37   
    CH4OT1C!

Paladin was designed as a hybrid, not a warrior. Additionally, Necromancer (pretty clearly designed for mages) is the next on the list. Nevertheless, I'm very much looking forward to seeing Archmage too.
    AQ  Post #: 75
    Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
    All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest General Discussion >> RE: =AQ= UpdateQuest Ideas
    Page 3 of 6«<12345>»
    Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
    New Messages No New Messages
    Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
    Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
     Post New Thread
     Reply to Message
     Post New Poll
     Submit Vote
     Delete My Own Post
     Delete My Own Thread
     Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
    and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
    PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition