Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Rate my Character? (Last Played 2012)

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest Q&A >> Rate my Character? (Last Played 2012)
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
11/24/2021 20:27:09   
musiliu adewunmi

Hi, I haven't played since 2012 so I am extremely lost, I think my character was a classic hybrid
Also I am an adventurer and have no plans on paying for anything

Can you help me recommend weapons, spells, armors, shields, pets upgrades I should make, and do you recommend I change my build? I heard best f2p build is a beastmaster one, is classic hybrid significantly weaker?

My character is lvl 82, stats are:
125 STR
125 INT
105 DEX
50 END

I also have 800 z-coins in my account, and I am willing to spend them if you recommend something I should spend on

Also need help like what armor or shield should I always have on for each situation, stuff like that

https://aq.battleon.com/game/flash/charview?temp=1536845

< Message edited by musiliu adewunmi -- 11/24/2021 20:36:55 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 1
11/25/2021 2:18:30   
Primate Murder

Welcome back!

FD beastmaster is, indeed, the easiest build to play for adventurers, especially FD beastmage. That said, werepyre hybrid (Str/Int) is fairly f2p as well, if you want an FO build.

Which one would you like a rating for?

P.S. December usually features a donation contest, if you want some extra tokens to play around with. Every donation is randomly given to another player, so log in every twelve hours and win a battle for a chance to get up to 5k tokens. Over 13.5 million tokens were donated last year.

< Message edited by Primate Murder -- 11/25/2021 2:23:37 >
AQ DF  Post #: 2
11/25/2021 14:40:06   
musiliu adewunmi

I decided I want to be a Werepyre hybrid, wondering what my stats should be at 82, and the equipment rating too, thank you

also, at lvl 82, I can only use the lvl 40 Werepyre armor, is it still worth being Werepyre at this lvl or should i wait until lvl 95 to use the advanced armor?

my question is will I do more damage with Werepyre at lvl 82 compared to my classic hybrid with wizard robes and champion holy armor? (my holy armor is lvl 135 I think it used to my golden armor)

after some further deliberation, I think I'm going to do the powerlevelling house route until max lvl, can adventurers do this properly too?

< Message edited by musiliu adewunmi -- 11/25/2021 23:42:25 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 3
11/26/2021 1:00:55   
Primate Murder

Sure! None of the items mentioned in Shadow Roc farming require you to be a guardian.
AQ DF  Post #: 4
11/26/2021 1:06:49   
musiliu adewunmi

I made a mistake, I should have gotten the items first before doing the powerleveling, i lvled to 85 and now the monsters are too hard for me on the quests

i can't even do the gastellum intro quest to get the sizzlin splosion, keep running into that damn minotaur that does 300-400 dmg a turn, i wasted my assists too and still couldn't do it and used all my potions too :(

would a werepyre build be better dmg or can you give me a rating what weapons/spells i should upgrade to to beat these lvl 85 monsters (i am using my current classic hybrid to do the gastellum intro)
and what playstyle should i be doing, I start with wizard robes, burn through my mp, then use champion holy armor with a weapon, and my fairy godmother healing some mp per turn
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 5
11/27/2021 3:24:51   
Primate Murder

If you're aiming specifically at power leveling, I would suggest shifting to a pure mage build for now, 250 Int, the rest in Luck. It's the optimal stat allocation for killing Shadow Roc, and you can later change into your desired build.
AQ DF  Post #: 6
11/27/2021 16:03:47   
musiliu adewunmi

What is the viability of the pure mage build for Adventurer?
So after powerleveling I can just use that build and don't have to switch

I heard Werepyre hybrid not good for Adventurer since they can't use the lvl 10 class skill and can't do that purple rain thin

What other build does most damage for Adventurer? Which build more damage than pure mage?

I found this build, do you agree with his opinion FD Neko beastmage is best for f2p?
https://www.reddit.com/r/AdventureQuest/comments/i2idtc/what_would_you_say_is_the_best_build_for_f2p/g06zmp5/

< Message edited by musiliu adewunmi -- 11/27/2021 19:54:06 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 7
11/27/2021 21:49:52   
Primate Murder

Ok, in reverse order:

As I mentioned in my opening post, FD beastmage is, indeed, the easiest build to play for adventurers. The post you linked is somewhat outdated, but it captures the soul of the issue. Without Essence Orb, you have to choose between skills and guests, and the latter is a lot more efficient (at max Cha) - and if you're maxing out Cha, you might as well go FD to take as little damage as possible.

Nothing deals more damage than pure mage, but it's a resource-intensive build that requires a lot of GGBs. It's not very f2p friendly.

I mostly suggested werepyre because lvl 1 skill inflicts a strong Bleed for a cheap cost, and the guest toggles to heal your sp - which is something adventurers struggle with. Outside of FD builds, I think it's the most adventurer-friendly one.
AQ DF  Post #: 8
11/27/2021 22:05:25   
musiliu adewunmi

thanks, I think I'm going to go with FD Beastmage, which items/equipment or what are the up to date items you would change from that post's guide?
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 9
11/28/2021 1:06:31   
Primate Murder

For an endgame adventurer (lvl 135)?
AQ DF  Post #: 10
11/28/2021 10:28:35   
musiliu adewunmi

Yes, for 135 Adventurer, thank you
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 11
11/29/2021 1:34:22   
Primate Murder

Ok, let's see...

Armors

First of all, Taladosian and Horo Show have strong skills, but they're elelocked, so you'll need to stun lock the monster before using them - and stun-locking would not leave you with a lot of sp for skills. Instead, get Necromancer (which has a number of useful skills) and a utility armor like Tempest (guaranteed initiative against 0-Luck mobs).

Weapons

As you will already have D-Burst for a fire nuke and Warmaster's Burst for wind, you don't really need Winds of Change or Book of Burns (though the latter can be kept in storage to pre-stack against bosses), freeing up two more slots for utility weapons. Here are some additional options for them:

- Nightbane Clawstaff summons an earth guest that heals you based on damage dealt. (added in the end of the post, but I thought I'd mention it anyway)

- Zardwards Wand can summon light guests that inflict Fear or Blind, and has two cheap effect infliction spells.

- Talon Guard Warbow toggles to inflict Poison that heals you based on damage dealt. (synergy with the new harvest fest misc)

- Ancient Mother Staff (returns around Mother's Day) makes your pet and guest inflict earth EleVuln.

- Havarti Blade gives 50% chance for pet/guest celerity after you attack with it.

- Arctic Athame boosts the damage of your ice spells.

Spells

Purple Rain and Moonwalker's Grace are not necessary. You can keep them in storage for when you expect to face high-MRM enemies, but otherwise you can find a better use for these spell slots.

Fruitcake Zard would be a superior water guest, as its Paralysis pairs nicely with Umazen Aspis.

Prototype Hunter Drone (Warlic's Shop -> Quests -> War Between Shadows -> Land of Rising Evil) toggles between Harm and Energy and deals +50% damage for an increased upkeep cost.

For a wind guest, you have a choice between two options: Bun-Banneret (toggles to boost your blocking) and Skeeter (hp upkeep cost).

Pets

I'd place Underwyrmling over Keyote, but that's a personal preference.

Protean pet toggles to inflict EleVuln.

Spotter Drake toggles between +10 Statu Potence and +50% damage, making it the best wind pet in the game.

Woolzard toggles between inflicting Sleep and EleVuln, and both statuses can be further enhanced for an sp cost.

Miscs

Though Djinn Lamp provides a viable fire guest, I would recommend adding Grakma Warhorn to your inventory. It can summon a fire guest that inflicts EleVuln (great synergy with D-Burst), or it can make you Berserk - which makes it the strongest spell booster misc available, though at the expense of your accuracy.

Zardwards Wand makes Paladin's Oath unnecessary, Friendship Bracelet is no longer available, and Grakma's Berserk (and Cha) is more useful than Murderator. Oh, and Love Potion is not available for adventurers.

Goggernaut Helm gives +10 bth to every attack on the field. This extends to your pet/guest and doesn't /2 for spells.

Frostgale's Remorse gives +20 Freeze/Paralysis potence.

Venomjade Crown (from the recent Harvest Fest) gives +20 Poison Potence and has a skill that inflicts a strong Poison.

Shields

Mother's Growth shield (returns around Mother's Day) has a Cha drive, making it the best earth shield for beastmasters.

Hope the info's useful and don't hesitate to ask if you have any questions!
AQ DF  Post #: 12
11/29/2021 10:00:10   
musiliu adewunmi

Thank you, what about the stat build?

And what exactly is the playstyle or strategy? Do I burn through all the mp then do normal attacks?
What are some general stuff I should be doing in every battle?

Other questions:
1. Can you link the Necromancer armor and Tempest armor? I can only find H power series armor and that is z token...
2. I only can find Necromancer cloak, how do I get the armor, or are you referring to the cloak?
3. FruitcakeZard looks like it's a rare item, how would I get it?

< Message edited by musiliu adewunmi -- 11/29/2021 22:32:38 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 13
11/30/2021 0:40:07   
Primate Murder

I'm basing my suggestions on the same build that was offered by the linked post - 250 Int/Cha, 175 Dex.

The strategy is fairly straightforward. If you have pet/guest of the proper element that inflicts EleVuln, you wait until they inflict the effect, then cast. If your enemy is fire element and does not have Boss Boost, Freedom, or negative fire res, you wait until your Effigy and Nezu freeze him, then cast D-Burst (or switch to Pyromancer Bloodmage and cast Blood Pyre, once you acquire it). Until then, you either attack with weapons or use tomes to regen mp.

There's nothing, in particular, you need to do every battle. FD builds are fairly simple to use - equip proper element armor shield, get the right weapon/pet guest, then attack. No real preparation needed.

H-Series is what I'm talking about. And while there are token versions, the lvl 135 one costs gold.

Necromancer class armor. Travel Map -> Obsidia's Lair -> Necromancer Gear. (switch to Elite Necromancer Armors when you max out class levels)

Call Fruitcake Zard spell is available in the Void after beating the Fruitcake Zard monster. Void monster rotate every week, so the Zard should become available in ~10 days.

< Message edited by Primate Murder -- 11/30/2021 0:41:09 >
AQ DF  Post #: 14
11/30/2021 2:10:24   
musiliu adewunmi

Is the Necromancer cloak useless then and I should get rid of it? Why is there a cloak and a separate armor for the same class?

Two more questions:
1. Is 150-200 LUK enough for Shadow Roc farming? I want to save some gold since beastmage doesn't use LUK, or just go with the 250 LUK for farming?

2. Once I reach endgame with this build, is it strong enough to keep farming Shadow Roc? Can this build do Shadow Gogg?
Or should I stay with the power level build and keep farming until I get a certain amount of gold before retraining stats to beastmage? How much gold should I get before switching?
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 15
11/30/2021 3:11:47   
Primate Murder

Basic necromancer class armor is called Necromancer Cloak. Did you get yours from Obsidia? In that case that's the same armor.

1. Mighty Shadow Roc has 225 Luck. That means that to get guaranteed initiative you need 225 Luck + Ambush Potion (Lucretia's Apothecary) or 125 Luck + Ambush Potion + Tempest armor or Whispering Raiment (once you reach level 5 Assassin).

2. Shadow Gogg is a little different. It has very high Luck, so most likely it will go first. To survive that, End would be a better investment than Luck. Then, Aeromancer Robe + Warmaster's Burst should kill him in a turn or two.

Something to note: the donation contest starting this week could give massive amounts of gold, particularly in the first and last days of the contest. I first reached lvl 150 just before December, and the donations fully sponsored my entire shiny new inventory. With the introduction of Gold Storage Chests, I expect the donated amounts to increase explosively (I, myself, plan to donate 90+ billion), so make sure to kill a monster every ~12 hours, and I doubt you'll be left wanting for gold.

< Message edited by Primate Murder -- 11/30/2021 3:12:16 >
AQ DF  Post #: 16
11/30/2021 21:21:20   
JhyShy

I wouldn't exactly suggest void items for adventurers as the Void is unavailable to them, unless it's in the Today's Event, but that doesn't usually happen. Though I will say that I do agree with some of what you said. (Also Friendship bracelet is still obtainable)

< Message edited by JhyShy -- 11/30/2021 21:22:53 >
Post #: 17
12/1/2021 0:01:23   
musiliu adewunmi

For Friendship Bracelet, is it against the rules to make multiple accounts and use them for referral to get my main account the bracelet?

< Message edited by musiliu adewunmi -- 12/2/2021 16:39:06 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 18
12/2/2021 16:39:49   
musiliu adewunmi

I heard that Thunderlord's Staff is good to get from the current Frostval, should I get it for FD beastmage? Is it better than the Lightning Rod or should I get both?
What other Frostval items are good for this build?

< Message edited by musiliu adewunmi -- 12/2/2021 16:42:06 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 19
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest Q&A >> Rate my Character? (Last Played 2012)
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition