Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

=AQ= Update Week

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest General Discussion >> =AQ= Update Week
Page 1 of 212>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
1/17/2022 13:25:11   
CHAIML

Update Incoming
COMING THIS WEEK!
What better way to start the new year than with massive updates and improvements to AQ! So be on the lookout this week as we roll out big changes to the shop system!

PLAY NOW

Golden Giftboxes
January 2022
The first GGBs of 2022 are sure to have you celebrating! Maisy the magical Moglicorn Guest will give your foes an earful and boost the damage of your Earth attacks, from the biggest boulder to the smallest grain of... sand. Plus celebrate the Year of the Tiger with a fully color-custom face and fireworks launcher!

Token Item Update:
Stop by the Z-Token Shop and look for updated versions of Tropos Shield and Snurdle Pet!

Goodbye 2021, Helloooo 2022
Happy New Year!
We wish you an amazing holiday season, THANK YOU for battling alongside us throughout 2021! We hope you'll be here with us as we strive to make 2022 another amazing year in the world of AQ! Stop by the Limited-Time Shop and find a huge haul of gear to help ring in the New Year!

Season of Gifting Contests
Shadow Phoenix and Boreal Cavalier Prizes
Kibbles and his cousin Tibbles have returned to spread holiday cheer with new Season of Gifting contests! This merry elf duo collects gifts and randomly gives them to your fellow players - meaning you could receive gifts up to 5000 Z-Tokens or 100 million Gold just for playing!

This year Tibbles is rewarding charitable players with powerful Shadow Phoenix items.
Not to be outdone, Kibbles has brought his own frosty Boreal Cavalier gear.
All Z-TOKEN donators receive the Dark Phoenix Male and Female heads.
All GOLD donators will receive the Boreal Cavalier Male and Female heads.
That means for crazy generous players there are 12 possible items to win!
10 Frostval Crown Misc items will be given away daily for everyone that gifts either gold or Z-Tokens. You can double your chances of winning if you give away both in a single day!

Hydrostrike Guardian Dragon Blade
20k Z-Token Package
Take hold of the Hydrostrike Guardian Dragon Blade and wield the legendary might of a Guardian Dragon, one of the most powerful dragons in all of Lore! Click the handle to swap between Melee and Magic damage, or click the blade to transform yourself into an aqueous incarnation of a Guardian Dragon.

Tagged. ~Anim
AQ MQ  Post #: 1
1/17/2022 13:32:31   
Zennistrad

I may have said it before but I sincerely hope that the shop update makes it easier to buy item slots in bulk, and easier to rearrange item order. Those are the two main things that make navigating the shop menu difficult right now and I'd be great to have an update to those.
AQ  Post #: 2
1/17/2022 17:04:34   
Biokirkby

A whole week, just for general updates?

I could weep.

(in happiness)
DF AQW  Post #: 3
1/18/2022 0:02:46   
PD

Looking forward to seeing the full extent of the updates. Not only for this week, but I hope these kinds of things become a regular theme of this year. I also hope there's bulk selling of items too, especially from Vault.

Also, speaking of that the Winter 2021 contests are coming to an end soon. There's less than 2 weeks left until it's all over. Time really does fly.

< Message edited by PD -- 1/18/2022 0:12:09 >
Post #: 4
1/19/2022 18:01:52   
Sapphire

Hopefully this week is a sign if things to come. Updates like this will have a RoI for growth. I also hope we see many many old items revamped and modernized. Mostly effects, etc. The old art is fine IMO. I want to see rarely or never implemented statuses revamped and created. It'd be nice to see , for example, opposites of spirit rend, freeze, etc and placed on several items.

And a continuation of new items with new ideas similar to 2021.
Post #: 5
1/19/2022 23:47:59   
Uskius

The teaser Hollow posted the other day looked interesting, and I'm excited to see how the shop update feels and works, as well as any other updates that might get thrown in. ((Also, thanks to the person I randomly got 500 Z-Tokens from! I donated them right back out))
AQ Epic  Post #: 6
1/20/2022 17:45:25   
  The Hollow
AQ Lead

Sorry folks, I wanted to release the updates today but we are going to need a little more time to do some fine tuning. Drag and drop inventory sorting as well as the ability to purchase as many slots as you'd like are just a couple of new features! Along with the massive shop overhaul there will also be an update to the attack menu to include a button to dismiss Guests.
AQ  Post #: 7
1/20/2022 18:00:26   
Deaf of Destiny

thanks hollow! it would be neat to see it! <3 AQ team!
Post #: 8
1/20/2022 23:15:18   
JGOriginal

Is there any plan to create a Buyback Shop?
Post #: 9
1/21/2022 3:28:25   
Sir Cloud

Wow, thanks Hollow + Staff!! I mean it all sounds great! All that plus "the ability to purchase as many slots as you'd like"
This is gonna be awesome! Take your time to make this happen if need be. What's a couple extra days? So worth it.
AQ  Post #: 10
1/21/2022 6:19:38   
dr jo

I agree with @sircloud take all the time you need Hollow I will happily wait a few days for this to be implemented
AQ  Post #: 11
1/21/2022 12:14:23   
Bu Kek Siansu

http://forums2.battleon.com/f/fb.asp?m=22400029
quote:

Sorry folks, I wanted to release the updates today but we are going to need a little more time to do some fine tuning. Drag and drop inventory sorting as well as the ability to purchase as many slots as you'd like are just a couple of new features! Along with the massive shop overhaul there will also be an update to the attack menu to include a button to dismiss Guests.

Thanks Hollow!

Would it be possible to update the Booster "Chilly/Ramssy" pets to scale (at Level 0) like others?

Post #: 12
1/21/2022 16:12:06   
Sapphire

The update is out. Looks sweet.
Post #: 13
1/21/2022 16:13:48   
Dr Disrespect
Helpful!

Update is absolutely amazing. The only issue I've found with it is the armor preview. Larger ones like ReignDragon Rider or Torontosaurus Rex aren't fully visible.
Post #: 14
1/21/2022 16:31:14   
Heroes of the Scape

Please do not buy Vault Slots for titles. You are not able to use them.
AQ  Post #: 15
1/21/2022 16:31:57   
  Lorekeeper
And Pun-isher

Heads up, folks. Please abstain from buying title slots for your vault, as their presence is a bug and may cause issues.
Post #: 16
1/21/2022 16:32:11   
RobynJoanne

This update is incredible! Thanks to everyone who worked on it!

I found that you can buy Title slots in the Shared Vault now, and Not Dizzle has bought one to test it out. We cannot vault Titles, so please do not buy one, folks.
Post #: 17
1/21/2022 17:06:15   
Sapphire

Hmm. I tend to sort my items based on element. For example, I put all fire weapons that are in storage together, etc. Since it seems there's no longer the ability to use the arrow keys to toggle as before, the scroll in the shop is so fast that it's super frustrating now to sort. Is there a way to just arrange items without drag and drop? Or can the usage of arrow keys be brought back along with this update? Can the scroll be slowed?
Post #: 18
1/21/2022 17:20:08   
Deaf of Destiny

attack menu's "Dismiss in under spells" it kind of little waste of our time and like quick to click on attack menu instead of spells'.

my idea and it looks like this. maybe you will like this or not.

P.S. AQ team, if you do not allow this about me post a picture in under the comment and you can remove this and let me know, ok? thank you AQ team

my idea -- Attack menu

Image removed, please do not directly post images on the forum, you have the Imgur link above for people to see. -Digital X

< Message edited by Digital X -- 1/21/2022 22:29:33 >
Post #: 19
1/21/2022 17:42:28   
PD

Checking out the shop so far, it's pretty great! I do wonder, how does the menu scrolling work with laptops for example? Many trackpads typically do not have scrolls so it might be a little difficult if you're unable to use the trackpad motion to control the scroll flow. When I can try it out with my laptop I'll make sure to report how that works.

So I just checked again, and it appears Hollow's wording of the purchasable inventory slots meant we could purchase as many as we want, within the current limit. No increased slots just yet it seems, but this is otherwise been a great QoL update. Being able to see stats and get some previews out of items is also great as well. Especially since for ? items it's hard to tell what their defenses are and being able to see that beforehand will tell you what it actually defends against.

Also I'm noticing that shops are because of this update (especially for bigger shops) are taking a little longer to load. Perhaps by this update we'd ought to update certain quests so that loading shops is either optional (like void challenges), or that it does a "lazy load" so that items and assets are gradually loaded in or only loaded in on an as-needed basis. I ought to expect most people having broadband internet but this can be a problem for people with poor internet access, or people who are working in places where the loading times are slow due to location (airports, hotels, other public spaces, etc).

Another note - When you save the sort order, it loads it back to the default state, but I think it should retain the category which it was sorted in. It's mildly disrupting flow-wise if you're trying to do multiple transactions.

On the dismiss guest button - it's worth noting that some quests (like the intro quest) actually force you to use a guest. For new players who might not be able to notice this (especially if you're starting out as Warrior/Ranger), it might be helpful to put the dismiss button on the main menu.

< Message edited by PD -- 1/21/2022 18:12:57 >
Post #: 20
1/21/2022 22:22:10   
RobynJoanne

@PD
Scrolling works on trackpads. It's very slow, so you need to swipe many times to navigate. However, I imagine it's not much faster for a mouse. In fact, I'd like to see the scrolling be quicker. Drag and drop is a great feature, but it's currently slower than the previous sorting method since the arrow was so quick. Ideally, I'd like to see the return of the arrows and the scroll to be quicker, but either change would really help.

I noticed that miscs have upkeep costs in HP, MP, and SP. Is it possible for spells to be the same?

Finally, this is a very minor thing, but I'd much prefer if shields used 0% as base so that they'd have -26% for their primary element like the info-subs. It just feels rather weird the way they are now.

All these are minor nitpicks. This release has been absolutely fantastic. I know we joke about these things, but commas really do make things easier to read. Being able to see the looks and basic but important item stats will also make the game be far more approachable. Veteren AQ players already have a habit of checking the Forums for info-subs, but this will really help for when we need just basic information like picking a basic shield to use to quest for a better shield of the same element. Also, obviously, this will be of great help to the beginning player experience, which has been repeatedly affirmed to be harsh and overwhelming at best.
Post #: 21
1/22/2022 0:45:03   
PD

@Robyn: Good to know. I play AQ on a laptop/2-in-1 sometimes when traveling so that will help for accessiblity purposes.

So there's a plethora of updates/bugfixes that IMR has pushed out.

The biggest one at least for me, is that H-Series no longer works with 100-procs/bows. With that one of the best farming strategies for warriors is now out the window, although I wasn't aware that said interaction was a bug considering the original info sub actually said it was supposed to work with 100-procs and bows, although perhaps the ele-lock wasn't supposed to work like that (but retains celerity behavior). It seems that Bloodzerker still retains 100-proc ele-lock, but I assume this gets special behavior for some reason (unless that too will get updated in time).

No matter, I ought to get creative and find an alternative strategy soon (and hopefully a strategy that is accessible AND consistent without using unobtainables and/or premiums). Otherwise we really should have a dedicated gold farming spot in the game. Perhaps a strategy with Alpha Weredragon? Who knows...
Post #: 22
1/22/2022 1:19:58   
Bolter

quote:

Max number of buyable Extra Slots has been increased to 150 for player inventory and Shared Vault.

Is this suppose to mean that our character's inventory has now been increased up to 150? but I can't anymore beyond 103 still. I get the impression that there was an increase in maximum inventory slots beyond the maximum 75 purchasable slots (which would make it a total of 103 slots with the slots provided by the sky castle estate) on the character's inventory upon reading this.

< Message edited by Bolter -- 1/22/2022 1:41:42 >
AQ  Post #: 23
1/22/2022 2:13:39   
PD

A bug that I spotted: The save swapped order button only appears right after you swap the order. If you click on another item, the button will be lost. I think the save swap order should be always enabled in terms of flow. It should just save the current order. IE if you click save and do nothing, it ought to just save that and as a result do nothing.
Post #: 24
1/22/2022 4:09:44   
SIGMUND

I realise that you may not have many blind or partially sighted players but:-

They will need text for their computer programs to speak to them and allow them to play?

Apart from that, I prefer text. It is much clearer than those tiny Icons.

If you have to have Icons please make them larger.

Or best of both, have an option to switch between the old style shop and the new?
AQ  Post #: 25
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest General Discussion >> =AQ= Update Week
Page 1 of 212>
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition