Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =AQ= Update Week

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest General Discussion >> RE: =AQ= Update Week
Page 2 of 2<12
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
1/22/2022 5:57:55   
Biokirkby

Aww, the H-series armour was changed! I truly loved how it worked with 100 procs...
DF AQW  Post #: 26
1/22/2022 7:23:03   
Sapphire

Tempest losing on the 100 proc may be a big boon for some, but for me it is not. They just buffed charisma weapon wielding Mages in Tempest. However, the regular special not getting the ele lock is a bit annpoying but considering the other positive it's all good. There are 2 no-special charisma weapons I can use so no biggy.

Fae's change reduced the heal part by quite a bit, but you can still manage a decent heal, but the DAMAGE increase from panic eating is crazy. I think I like this version better lol.

The entangle change-> It was always wierd. Roots of daw would work versus freedom, but other versions of entangle would not so things like Silk Screamer wouldn't. And using dual silk screamers is crazy good.

Shadowfall-> Had a discussion kind of recently and there were some thoughts that something on the blocking side with shadowfall might have been bugged because the blocking spreadsheet I made would show unhittable in some certain instances but it would sometimes get hit. This confirms it.
Post #: 27
1/22/2022 8:07:57   
RobynJoanne

@PD
H-Series is an elelock armor. It's the same as Griffinrider, Graverider, a couple of the Donation Contest rider armors, and the recently released Jack Claws. The rest of these armors do not boost weapon procs or weapon skills. It was either that H-Series was to be the new standard, which Jack Claws confirmed was not the case, or H-Series needed to be fixed. Bloodzerker, on the other hand, is a skill that boosts all normal attacks to skill level. It's the same as Darkovian Subraces' Beast Forms, except it locks to an element for elecomp to cost. Those set the precedent that weapon procs and weapon skills would be boosted, though Beast Form also boosts spells for some reason.

@SapphireCatalyst
Entangle has always been blocked by Freedom for some reason. The Roots of Daw did not actually inflict Entangled; it inflicted Offbalanced, which was renamed as Entangled (yes, it's very confusing). Offbalanced is to Entangled as Choke is to Panic.

Imry proves to be best girl as always! Thanks for the many bugfixes!
Post #: 28
1/22/2022 8:41:25   
Sapphire

OK well that's certainly odd. Thanks
Post #: 29
1/22/2022 9:50:05   
BlinxV3

Bug encounter: Using fracture point on wolfrider. This enemy used to be inflicted with bleed but now it's immuned to it. But the info didn't show the bleed immune status. Also doing random battle, most monsters that can be inflicted with bleed are now immuned to it.
AQ DF  Post #: 30
1/22/2022 10:18:03   
Warren.

The energy element picture in the shop does not look like it should. The picture of energy element should be how it always has been, so that should be changed. What it currently is shown in the shop does not look as good as the main energy element picture. All of the other element pictures look good.
Post #: 31
1/22/2022 11:13:15   
battlesiege15

I love the shop update! It's great but I do think it'll take a little getting used to because there's just a lot more going on right now compared to just texts before.

Does the dismiss guest work for y'all?
AQ AQW  Post #: 32
1/22/2022 12:18:49   
roobee

It would be cool if the devs added a feature that let you buy the new year items in the LTS shop via the New Year Painting all year round.
Post #: 33
1/22/2022 13:13:09   
RobynJoanne

@battlesiege15
It does work. It's in the spells tab. Note that it's instant, so if you can click quickly enough, this will be faster than using a Call/Summon spell with the animation.
Post #: 34
1/22/2022 14:58:07   
Sapphire

I want them to add the old style arrow option for those who prefer it. I sort my storage on several items based on element since I kind of hoard and keeping it within elemental blocks makes it easier to find. I do this for weapons, and pets. I also group spells based on damage, summons, call, and quick cast-multi element. Miscs is still random and would be useful for drag and drop. Keep everything along with it, and this menu system will be perfect. The drag and drop system makes organization a nightmare, but allows for quick changes. Should be able to do both.
Post #: 35
1/22/2022 16:22:55   
roobee

There is actually both a drag and swap (release between items. useful for quick changes) and a drag and drop (release on the item. better for organization) feature.
Post #: 36
1/22/2022 21:31:41   
Cupquake

Can we get the old buttons back for the shop? Like exit, and up and down arrows for sorting?

While the drag and drop is nice on paper, I find it horrible in practice. When I drag an item, I do not want it to switch places. This is incredibly frustrating as I sort my inventory by element. Yes I know that you can drag and drop it in a certain spot, but finding that sweet to do it is incredibly difficult. 8 out of 10 times I end up swapping places which is not what I want to do. I'm having to resort to the inventory swap on the account management page now.

Other than that, I like everything else.
Post #: 37
1/22/2022 21:32:52   
PD

@Robyn: Again thanks for the clarification. It's nice to know these nuances so that it remains consistent across the board. To be honest I'm actually somewhat happy that the fix to H-series was done because it was killing a lot of design space for Energy Armors. With this at least there will be reason to use Bloozerkers (Special + Bow use) and Jack Claws (Utility) and Champion of Energy/Svad (Stuns!). Before hand though I had questioned why anyone would have used Jack Claws since H-Series was the pink elephant in the room. Granted I still think H-series is probably going to be still the armor of choice for 90% of players but at least it still opens up the design space so that there's good reason to use other things.

Some more feedback after using the inventory a little more:

1. Taking items out of vault is still somewhat inconvenient as you can only perform 1 transaction at a time before the menu resets. Again when you perform a transaction, it should remain at the same category/submenu it was when you finished the transaction.

2. The Close/Search button at the top-right of the menu seems to be out of place. I think to create a little more familiarity, the Close Shop button should be grouped together with the Buy/Inventory/Shared Vault Group Menu. The Search/Close buttons could be put into the same menu flow as the other item categories as well.

2.1. Another suggestion that I had as well that I asked for before: Being able to directly buy and send an item to the vault. And being able to directly sell an item from the vault. IE it simplifies the routines that you'd do manually.

3. For Shared Vault, it might be a little confusing for players with vaults on how to store/get Tokens from their inventories. It does appear as a universal, but since the menu is at the start blank, it might be a good idea so that when you first go to the Shared Vault Submenu, it shows your tokens in there so that players can get to it easier.

All of this of course, might be resolved as players get used to the UI.
Post #: 38
1/23/2022 9:28:56   
.*. .*. .*.
Pfft hahaha!

This update was a big step in the right direction and I believe it is appreciated by the majority of players.
I am hoping that maybe in the future that all stats will be displayed and we don't have to wait for posts in info submission.

However I have a few things I would like to bring up, with possible solutions.

• Drag & Drop
    While it is really a smooth option to drag and drop an item, it creates a bit of a mess once you have swapped the new item with the old item for someone like me, who sorts the inventory
    by element. The old item takes the spot where the new item was originally, instead of just pushing that old item 1 spot down.
    Yes it is still possible to sort it the way I want it, but I have to drag and drop 1 slot at a time to get it the way I want, it is quite time consuming right now.
    I think it would be good if the arrows where still present so that we can sort it they way we want it. Another option would be to be able to have a button that can instantly sort items in storage by element, but I believe the arrows will be more than sufficient, I don't mind the clicking.

• Slot purchase
    It appears that we can buy up to 150 slots per category, however it seems that I can't do it on my main character, which is capped currently on 103 slots.
    Though on another character, I have not maxxed out slots and it does not even have a house, and there I have the option to buy 150 slots. I guess something is currently bugged, I hope this gets resolved.
    Also I just want to thank the staff for giving us the option to extend our inventory up 150 slots per category!

• Search function
    A very neat feature to be able to search for items, would it be possible to have a filter by categories, element and maybe by level as well?
    To filter by element would be great in a big shop like GGB shop, and to filter by categories and level in the Limited-Time shop would also be helpful.

• Transfers & Selling
    I think it would be great if we could transfer several items either to or from the vault.
    The same goes for selling items, would be neat if we could sell items in bulk, I guess as long is we are not mixing gold and z-token items.
    Maybe to have a tiny box next to all items, which can be ticked for either transfer or selling could solve this issue?

@Deaf of Destiny
    I totally agree with your suggestion for the attack menu.
    Though I would not mind to have element icons in every single category and to also have a menu on the bottom for all toggleable items.

Overall I view this update as extremely good and I want to thank the staff for putting in all the hard work done.
    Now only the map needs a major update and we are good to go!
    Year 2022 is already looking very promising!

< Message edited by .*. .*. .*. -- 1/23/2022 9:45:50 >
  • Post #: 39
    1/23/2022 11:38:05   
    Carandor
    Legendary Scribe of Lore

For those complaining about the drag and drop swapping, if you drag the item between two items, it will be placed between those two items instead of swapping places.
    AQ DF MQ  Post #: 40
    1/23/2022 12:19:01   
    Cupquake

quote:

For those complaining about the drag and drop swapping, if you drag the item between two items, it will be placed between those two items instead of swapping places.

Yes, however, it is really finicky and does not work well at all. Even when dragging in-between two items, it still sometimes swaps places. I love the shop update, but the drag and drop is incredibly frustrating to use right now.
    Post #: 41
    1/23/2022 12:27:32   
    sunblaze

Hm the drag and drop is working alright, but its true that it might take some time to get used to it properly.
    I keep clicking on itemes to highlight and read them only to accidently shove them around. It is a bit too easy to use right now.

But I think gimme a few days/weeks and that will work out fine. Most likely just major starting problems.
    AQ  Post #: 42
    1/23/2022 12:38:15   
    Sapphire

Alright so I used the drop and drop between to place items between..seems to work well enough, although tentative and antsy doing it. But it did work. I would like arrow buttons as an alternative on top of everything, and this will be perfect.

I also think it will be difficult to do, but I'm not for sure, but the stats section should include more nuances instead of basic stuff. If this system replaced info subs at least a little bit, it would be outstanding.
    Post #: 43
    1/23/2022 15:39:10   
    Sir Cloud

@Hollow + Staff, just an idea to help with the new Shop UI Preview window so more of the art on armors, weapons, etc. can be displayed.
    Here's a quick markup of the right side Preview window being expanded downward: https://i.imgur.com/Pl4pH4I.png

Essentially it would look like this for the Preview area (with more available viewing space): https://i.imgur.com/0m1fQ8C.png

quote:

The picture of energy element should be how it always has been, so that should be changed. What it currently is shown in the shop does not look as good as the main energy element picture.

I agree with Warren on this point. Perhaps the art on the energy icon can be adjusted to better match its original look. The rest of the Shop is looking good btw, nice job Staff!

< Message edited by Sir Cloud -- 1/23/2022 20:37:50 >
    AQ  Post #: 44
    1/27/2022 20:13:05   
    kevinc1

Shop updates - outstanding! Thank you all. I did notice one thing that seems to be missing, in the Z token shop. When shopping for a weapon, there is no definer I could see telling you whether the weapon was ranged, melee or magic. Would probably be good to know. I did not check all the other shops on this issue, just the Z-token shop. Was going to do some shopping, but I can wait. Thank you all again for the good work. New interface is smooth, and even a 66 year old post surgical patient can use it quite easily. Thank you!!
    Oops! Sorry about that, my mistake. I did not realise that you need to click different icons to see type of damage, etc.

< Message edited by kevinc1 -- 1/27/2022 20:22:35 >

Ab hoc possum videres domuum tuum.
    AQ  Post #: 45
    1/28/2022 9:54:34   
    Guardswordian

I quite loved the Shop update, but I wish some of the changes are reflected in the Inventory as well. It's been annoying me to have to equip the item to actually figure out the details of the item. I'd have loved it if they contained at least the information they showed in the Shops instead of just showing the price. Is this something that might happen in the near future?
    Post #: 46
    1/28/2022 15:35:51   
    Sir Cloud

So was this just a typo on slot purchasing on 1/20/2022? "the ability to purchase as many slots as you'd like are just a couple of new features!"

And then later changed to 150 as stated here on 1/21/2022: "Max number of buyable Extra Slots has been increased to 150 for player inventory and Shared Vault."

Even though having a set upper limit is probably necessary, I got really excited for that former statement on slots, lol.

The Shared Vault was already at 150, but glad to see the player inventory slots were expanded to 150 as well. Thanks Staff. :)

< Message edited by Sir Cloud -- 1/28/2022 16:32:04 >
    AQ  Post #: 47
    Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
    All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest General Discussion >> RE: =AQ= Update Week
    Page 2 of 2<12
    Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
    New Messages No New Messages
    Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
    Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
     Post New Thread
     Reply to Message
     Post New Poll
     Submit Vote
     Delete My Own Post
     Delete My Own Thread
     Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
    and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
    PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition