Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

=DF= The Maleurous: Reawakening War

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> =DF= The Maleurous: Reawakening War
Page 1 of 41234>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
5/13/2022 20:59:11   
  Peachii
Clairvoyant!

quote:

Verlyrus:
The Maleurous: Reawakening 25%

Hey there, heroes!

Congratulations on reaching 25% and freeing Uaanta from her dream! ...But there's a long way to go until you can reach Remthalas.

Lock and Key have done a good job of guiding your path so far, but as you ascend the depths, their influence can only help so much.

Somehow, Myalos has been pulled into the dream as well. And you'll need their help to proceed.

What dreams and nightmares await further within?

Reach 50% to unlock a Defender Medal shop full of new Maleurous themed cosmetic items... And then push further beyond.

And if you still haven't caught up with the Book 3 Maleurous Saga, now's a good time to visit Uaanta in Book 3 Falconreach (next to the glowy shrine!) and catch up!

Keep up the good work, heroes!

Some common questions/issues with this war:
  • Is there a time limit?
    • No. However, as this is the grand finale of the entire Maleurous saga, we're spending a lot of time on the milestones and war finale. We're working hard to stay ahead of you, but there's a lot of waves left! Once we finish our work on the war, we'll continue with our regularly scheduled releases. Our current estimation is that next week will have the Reforged Archivist release/Archivist class update while we finish the finale quest.
    • We will also continue to work on adding more wave variations as time permits.
  • These rare waves are too rare!
    • The chances for the new rare waves have been doubled.
  • These waves are taking a while to load...
    • Due to the sheer number of wave variations, sometimes waves can take a bit longer to load. We're trying something this week to help alleviate that situation, although we may need to take more action.

And that's all for this week!

Have feedback about recent releases? Have any crazy theories or ideas? Want to discuss all things DragonFable?

Join the discussion on the official forums!

Want to play DragonFable without using an internet browser?

Check out the Artix Games Launcher!

Follow us on Twitter for sneak peeks and updates (and feel free to tweet us your fan art and feedback too!)

Verlyrus Twitter

Tomix Twitter

Tags: #Verlyrus

quote:

Verlyrus:
The Maleurous: Reawakening

Hey there, heroes!

With the Makers reduced to orbs and safely stored away, Uaanta and Notha have hesitantly reconciled. In time, Myalos will be repaired... And perhaps one day, the Makers will reawaken, reborn, and free.

That would be a nice dream, wouldn't it?

Even with the defeat of the Avatars, the last of the Maleurous isn't quite finished. Remthalas has need of heroes, and his sights are set on an ancient secret barely remembered... Aequilibria. And if you refuse to be the heroes he needs... well, they say time seems to pass a lot faster in dreams... and nightmares.

The finale of the Maleurous saga begins this week with a war: Maleurous: Reawakening!

And that's all for this week!

Have feedback about recent releases? Have any crazy theories or ideas? Want to discuss all things DragonFable?

Join the discussion on the official forums!

Want to play DragonFable without using an internet browser?

Check out the Artix Games Launcher!

Follow us on Twitter for sneak peeks and updates (and feel free to tweet us your fan art and feedback too!)

Verlyrus Twitter

Tomix Twitter

Tags: #Verlyrus

< Message edited by Peachii -- 5/20/2022 20:55:12 >
DF AQW  Post #: 1
5/13/2022 21:36:45   
Laeon val Observis

I believe TATAKAE is in order here. Ya'll might want to put your graphic settings to low and background processes to what's absolutely necessary. The scenery is all good, but is second to Notha's war in terms of intensity.
spoiler:

Remthalas, the inception schtick is getting old. I don't think that offing something conceptual is gonna be a great idea.
DF AQW  Post #: 2
5/13/2022 21:42:53   
Korriban Gaming

That soundtrack is SICK!
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 3
5/13/2022 22:31:39   
docblade

So...lets see if i get this correctly.

spoiler:

Remthalas has invaded our mind and and pitted us against our memories of previous enemies. The figments of Sinnocence, the puppets of nameless, the Murmurs of Lock and Key, the possessed bones of the...possessed dragon-killer-woman whatwashername, the awakened crusher of Myalos, Nothas creations from her and the Pasikdrar are from Old Remy himself. All to grind us down. To force us to do his bidding.

Seriously? He saw what we heroes are capable of. We finished every war thanks to the power of the allmighty Com-mun-neh-teh. And he still tries that?

Thats not very smart of him after all.

Edit: My idea...lets give Remy to Sally when we are done with him. I think she will be pleased to get her hands on him after what he did to Nameless.
Edit 2: Just saw the Rare wave. A sheep? Really?

< Message edited by docblade -- 5/13/2022 22:43:08 >
DF MQ  Post #: 4
5/13/2022 22:51:34   
SomeOneElse007

Woo War time! First one since I came back and discovered all the shiny new things that exist now. Testing them out should be a treat.

spoiler:

The Hero and Uaanta calling out Remthalas on his absurd magic/motivation is a treat (especially after speedquesting through the first part of the storyline like a week ago). Really makes it seem as though they are ono the same done with this guys nonsense wavelength

edit: Just got a rare wave. Do androids dream of electric sheep reference?

< Message edited by SomeOneElse007 -- 5/14/2022 0:02:00 >
Post #: 5
5/14/2022 0:33:02   
Primate Murder

As an enemy, Notha came across a little flat at times, two-dimensional. As an ally, though, I find her fascinating.

spoiler:

That part with Lock&Key hacking the insta-defeat message was hilarious. It took me a little while to understand what's happening, but it was great when I did.

Edit: Also, I have to say, both music and animation were amazing in this cutscene.

< Message edited by Primate Murder -- 5/14/2022 0:38:45 >
AQ DF  Post #: 6
5/14/2022 1:44:31   
docblade

@^ I wouldnt go so far to call her an ally. I like to think that she stays with us as this is the best way to archieve her goal..whatever that may be.

With that said, i'll take a little break. Cleaved through 100 waves, time to get a little rest before eliminating the next 100
DF MQ  Post #: 7
5/14/2022 8:06:53   
Flabagast

Hey! What a great opportunity to come back! While catching up on content last week after my hiatus (due to a certain recent game release hehe), it didn't take me long to remember why I love this game. I missed it, and I missed y'all too :)

Now let's get WARRING!

< Message edited by Flabagast -- 5/14/2022 10:16:10 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 8
5/14/2022 10:39:00   
Roxas45

I love the notion of this war.
I love how our characters are finally a little bit more... Chill.
Player is able to talk freely to Uanta and Notha is... Idk if anyone reads "Questionable Content" - the webcomic, but Notha gives me major vibes of the AI, "Spookybot/Yay". I love it.

And the Snark.
The player literally went "Let me get this straight", and Notha and Uanta are there for it. XD

I do have some issues with the game itself however. I dont understand why but the new animations and the background seems to be causing a major stutter on the gameplay. In the sense, I press attack, and it just... the running animation itself is laggy. Any way to fix this by any chance? I'm already running it on low settings, and I sincerely doubt this game is more graphic intensive than Kingdom Hearts 3 (Which runs smooth as butter on this system).

Also. Since I'm a chaosweaver for most things these days, I'm finding that using the skill "Obliterate" is the fastest way to wave, without a pet dragon - since the DOT takes care of the remaining HP on enemies.
But. Contextually, that means that my player is literally doing a snap of the finger, as he waddles through the dream fragments, and I find that hilarious. XD
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 9
5/14/2022 11:58:22   
Vaalirus

Ah and now we face off against the last antagonistic individual of the Maleurous

spoiler:

To start it's good to see Myalos' repair is well under way, though I must admit I wasn't expecting Remthalas to show himself so abruptly but I suppose now would have been as good of time as any while we were comfortable again. It does beg the question of what he was doing while we we made our way to Falconreach in the aftermath of the conflict with Notha being resolved. He had to have something up his sleeve beyond waiting around for everyone else to look for answers with him as to the nature of Aequilibria, a means of cutting out the thread. To free it.

And now we're getting a closer look as to what the Aequilibria are or could potentially be. I was actually surprised to realize that Notha did know something about their existence as it seemed she didn't really understand much about Draco and yet did understand the nature of the Avatars considering both were supposedly created by the Aequilibria before they were put to sleep (although that could be because she simply put more time and research into understanding what the Avatars were). On that note, I'm not sure what to make of Notha's comment on the Aequilibria being just concepts, our label of conceptual gods sounds more fitting, but still it's odd considering that the Exalted clearly recognized the need to point a giant magical gun at it that could quite literally level an entire plane of existence to the point of being almost beyond some form of stability. Seems like a concept would be immune to such a feat until I remembered the Exalted poured a lot of magical energy into the artillery to the point where even they were used up to power up and fire the weapon. So what if that was the point? Bring so much power to bare to the point where even reality itself could be fractured even if only a little? After all that is what magic in theory is supposed to do and they would have had more than enough to spare at that point.

This also begs the question of how the Aequilibria are supposedly still influencing Lore at least in the way Remthalas seems to be implying in their state. We know now that Lore is subjected to the seemingly eternal cycle of Fluffy and Draco constantly putting the world into balance with the Avatars watching over them as was imposed by the Aequilibria. So perhaps it's that subtle control to adhere to cycles that's the issue here. Then again, that still doesn't seem to fit with what Remthalas is saying because it's almost like he's suggesting that not even basic choices are within Loreian control and with all this talk of Destiny and Doom, two words for fate....hmm

Whatever the case Remthalas being has already revealed too much of his desires in the past to know him succeeding in getting to the Aequilibria would be chaos and I'm too inclined at the moment to believe that he himself wants to play at being a god regardless if he has to choose between bending Aequilibria or crushing them completely.

Also I find it curious that in that classroom box that Remthalas had us all trapped in their was the display case. In it was obviously Draco's box but it also contained the same Exalted container Notha had discovered back in Lhe'Shiyac, the Globus Lux artifact that was held by Braytes San (the villian that Uaanta saved the world from), and lastly I assume some sort of Mechquest material designated for Myalos. These are essentially items that have played some fundamental role in each character's life, but I cannot help but wonder if Remthalas sees these as clues or pieces that are vital in pulling off his plans. As opposed to operating solo with his Kathool dream magic.

Furthermore, are these dream fragments. So far only flavors of Madness, Doom, and Depths have appeared in these waves. I was surprised not to find one corresponding with Destiny until I realized that all of these likely only pertain to Remthalas himself and given that he is no way affiliated with Destiny or Order it'd make sense for why it hasn't shown up. Which probably means Depths are in relation to the fact that Remthalas was from the Abyssal Water tribe for the water elves, Madness must be in relation to Kathool or at least the power he gleamed from Kathool, and Doom is probably in relation to his goals or that he stands firmly opposed to ideas of Destiny and Order.

Either way it's going to be fun uncovering the answers in this war.

Let us find tranquility.
DF  Post #: 10
5/14/2022 20:39:54   
damienmcneff

@ Roxas45

I assume it’s because all of the particles on screen that it moves so slow, I find killing enemies with the most particles (like the red sparkly things) speeds it up a bit. Think I heard somewhere a different launcher improves the speed a bit but I wouldn’t know

Fitting that Remthalas snaps to do stuff in dreams and we are too
Post #: 11
5/14/2022 23:58:14   
Flabagast

@Vaalirus

The way I see it is this; if Notha was in over her head, then Remthalas is waaayyy out of his depth.
spoiler:

To challenge the Avatars is one thing, but to mess with the actual gods is another level of bonkers. What Remthalas seeks to "free" us from is the very fundamental nature of Lore itself - and if I'm right about the Aequilibria, its very Core as well.

I do find it interesting that Remthalas' ideology is similar to Notha's but even more extreme. Notha's was influenced by her personal grudge against the Makers, and while we don't know as much about Rem it's clear enough that his former loyalties to Kathool and perhaps the Stranger were probably formative to his aspirations. Notha seems to understand her limits, where as Remthalas thinks he can succeed where the Exalted themselves failed.

quote:

Furthermore, are these dream fragments. So far only flavors of Madness, Doom, and Depths have appeared in these waves. I was surprised not to find one corresponding with Destiny until I realized that all of these likely only pertain to Remthalas himself and given that he is no way affiliated with Destiny or Order it'd make sense for why it hasn't shown up. Which probably means Depths are in relation to the fact that Remthalas was from the Abyssal Water tribe for the water elves, Madness must be in relation to Kathool or at least the power he gleamed from Kathool, and Doom is probably in relation to his goals or that he stands firmly opposed to ideas of Destiny and Order.

That makes a lot of sense. Maybe this war will reveal some insight about him. After all, if this is a shared dream as Lock and Key said, we might be able to into peer into his past while fighting through our own.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 12
5/16/2022 15:02:26   
ArcticRaider

Personal war meter not moving.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 13
5/17/2022 5:06:32   
Laeon val Observis

^either we just got a slow run when you saw that or it was a bug that got fixed as it is climbing on my end (went from 17% to 19% when I checked earlier and recently, with ~9 hours gap in between those figures). The only thing off RN is chain waving (black screens at any wave engagement after the first), but nothing that I already noticed (Of my first 100 waves, all from chain, only 98 got recorded. That's 49 waves out of 50 from two separate login sessions within this war's day 1).
DF AQW  Post #: 14
5/17/2022 8:37:42   
docblade

Seems like i am getting too dangerous for old Remy. Whenever i get a wave with that myalos background, he seems to put me into sleep, because the screen turns instantly black, forcing me to leave and re-login. And since this happens sooner or later, there are no chain waves for me anymore, only single waves with hoping not to get this particular one
DF MQ  Post #: 15
5/17/2022 11:32:48   
Vaalirus

@Flabagast

quote:

I do find it interesting that Remthalas' ideology is similar to Notha's but even more extreme. Notha's was influenced by her personal grudge against the Makers, and while we don't know as much about Rem it's clear enough that his former loyalties to Kathool and perhaps the Stranger were probably formative to his aspirations. Notha seems to understand her limits, where as Remthalas thinks he can succeed where the Exalted themselves failed.

quote:

Maybe this war will reveal some insight about him. After all, if this is a shared dream as Lock and Key said, we might be able to into peer into his past while fighting through our own.

Yes I imagine we're going to get down to the meat of how Remthalas became the Dreamfarer he is today. Dreams reveal your true thoughts, according to Remthalas anyway. We know that he originally was in service to the Avatars and later Kathool after the Avatars had abandoned him in a time he likely desperately needed them. We also know that through his own inner thoughts that in potentially influencing the Aequilibria he might be able to change reality. We know he's opposed to the most basic ideas of Order. Lastly, we know he really really doesn't like being told what to do rather fervently and adamantly so to the point doing so almost appears to insult him (but will happily mess with others as when he pleases and will throw a fit both inwards and outwards, the red fractures showing his true anger). And now these labels on the Aequilibria. If I didn't know any better I'd say Remmy boy sees reality itself, in all its confines, as the problem or at the very least the way the Aequilibria set it up. A prison he desperately wants out of.

< Message edited by Vaalirus -- 5/17/2022 11:35:37 >
DF  Post #: 16
5/18/2022 5:41:30   
Flabagast

^ Sounds about right, I think. While you're challenging the very gods, why not make a new set of rules and guide everyone else to freedom with you in charge in stead? Certainly doesn't seem too out of character for him.

And I quite that "fracture" effect whenever he loses a bit of his temper, with the negative colours behind it. I don't think we've yet seen him shatter entirely, so it'll be interesting to see when that happens. I suspect it'll be when we fight him for real.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 17
5/18/2022 20:59:07   
DiscordDrake

The new Rare Wave is very rude.

spoiler:

It's a dream figment of Tomix.
Post #: 18
5/18/2022 21:07:46   
Laeon val Observis

^Well... that's why the Inn is there. To overcome all sorts of hell. At least 25% is now unlocked.
spoiler:

So that's how Uaanta looked like in her... younger... days. And no, Remthalas. Taking over the simulacrum of Voyna was jarring, but at least you're amateur to make us battle that without the 50% autoheal the original had.
DF AQW  Post #: 19
5/19/2022 1:29:28   
Vaalirus

spoiler:

Man Uaanta was looking super fine in her youth. Though I am curious as to what she did during this time that made her not so proud of herself. Given that she mentioned Voyna's unrelenting fury and the length she went to get justice I have to wonder if she's referring to the lengths she went to in order to get to Ly'Vhil and subsequently execute her. And Voyna faces breaking into Dream Voyna was freaky.

Also I just found a rare wave with Serenity's Mirage (although all of the texts from her attack dialogue has changed to show Remthalas is clearly speaking through this one like Voyna so that was a nice touch), and given someone mentioned Tomix popping up in the rare waves I think I can safely say Remthalas is about to drag us through plenty of our old hurts.
DF  Post #: 20
5/19/2022 3:03:10   
Flabagast

That was really cool!

spoiler:

I feel the "dream realm" has become somewhat of a common trope in games, but I really like the team's take on it with Remthalas. Seeing Uaanta chilling with an imagined Voyna that she used to escape her nightmare, then Remthalas suddenly and jerkingly possess it, then Uaanta wrestling some agency back to make it lower its stun resist to zero was really neat. This is shaping up to a great finale and I'm looking forward to seeing how the rest pans out.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 21
5/19/2022 8:36:56   
spirit of greed

New Waves!:
spoiler:

Normal wave: Serenity's Memorial full with dream fragments and 1 destiny figment

Rare Wave: Dream Serenity at the Inn. Remthalas dialogues:"Things could have been different. If only you understood sooner...".
Basically it's a mirage Serenity boss
Remthalas gave her new lines:Interesting, I need heroes, Open your eyes, This is for eternity, You will be free, Don't you see?, Again again and again, You will understand, Let me in. She has +70 Immobility and +10 All resistance 2500 health, nothing difficult

Rare Wave: Dream Tomix (OUCH) in the void, his face and hands fully obscured. Remthalas dialogue:"Ah what's this? Destiny has not been kind to you...".
It's basically the Tomix boss from the end of Tomix saga It can give itself +180 defense,+ 20 boost,+200 crit and +100 bonus and give you -30 boost and soul torn and has 2500 health
New lines given by Remathalas: You were too late, Don't let me fall, You can stop this from happening again, Join Remthalas and you will understand, You will be free, Let me show you

Always love when a war gets new waves because when i get bored at a war a couple of new waves can make the war exciting again for me.
spoiler:

IMO Serenity and Tomix is a much better enemy/boss for rare waves than the energetic sheep is. Afterall Remthalas is trying to crush us with nightmares in this war and what's better than make us fight with personal enemies/friends from the past. Sadly 8 out of 10 times i get the sheep as rare wave boss :(

IMO this war is where the staff could go nuts (since it's a dream war and Remthalas can create anything from memories and especially since it's a long war) fighting with enemies from the entire game not just from the Maleurous saga:random monsters (dravirs, dragons, NPC plushies (i miss that war ) etc..);enemies from ravenloss:the 7 corrupted spirits (even though we didn't fought with all of them i'm sure the hero heard about them from Tomix) chaosweavers; rose members; allies:Artix, Ash,Nythera etc.. even our dragon!; certain characters from our past:caitiff, sepulchure, SMUDD, Xan, Kathool etc..

Honestly i like this war so far but it feels bad fighting in a war where i don't exactly know what am i supposed to stop. I still don't really understand what is
spoiler:

Aequilibria
and what's Remthalas final motive (or barely anyting about him), i know it's like:Remthalas wants it=must be bad, but it's still bothers me :(

The 25% quest surprised me it was very cool.
spoiler:

We got a cutscene with Uaanta and a boss! I was expecting a bomb run at most. I guess the next is Myalos and after that it's Notha. I wonder who will the boss those times.

< Message edited by spirit of greed -- 5/19/2022 8:37:43 >
DF AQW  Post #: 22
5/19/2022 9:06:51   
docblade

Seems like Remy changed his tactics. After trying to torture me with Tomix (It worked, after all those years...), he tries to calm me down with sheep. Just fought my 6th sheep in a row
DF MQ  Post #: 23
5/19/2022 17:05:03   
Laeon val Observis

@Greed
spoiler:

Disregarding potential god complexes that others are speculating here, Remthalas has an eschewed sense of freedom and anti-authoritarianism. At the end of the day, there is some grain of truth to Loki's words when he said in the Avengers film, "You were made to be ruled. In the end, you will always kneel." He seeks to potentially commit deicide in a vain attempt to try to liberate Lore from an authority figure just because they have the passive capability to influence Order and Chaos (this is where the point I refrain from using the Destiny/Doom syntax that Notha started), as there are implications that Aequilibria is just the Lorian term to what residents of the Planes/Wastes would call the Exalted. Potential political spectrum talks aside, there's always the risk that we just got lucky with just rendering the Avatars/Makers inert and not making hell break loose. I don't think that going for representations of fundamental concepts, even more fundamental than the elements, is going to be a good idea.

Plus, since one of his (former) job descriptions is devout of Kathool, he is pretty much having way more loose screws than the Hero considering canonically that Kathool did a number on us that lingers to this day.

@above Ironic. I'm trying to manhunt the Tomix rare wave to prove my hero's mental resilience. All I'm getting is counting sheep or getting trash talked by fake Serenity.

< Message edited by Laeon val Observis -- 5/19/2022 17:06:22 >
DF AQW  Post #: 24
5/19/2022 23:11:27   
docblade

Stand strong, my fellow warmongers. We can do this. Here, have some inspiring battle music to pull through with this.

EDIT: Ah, to hell with it, have some more! The more motivated we are, the better we fight

< Message edited by docblade -- 5/19/2022 23:14:59 >
DF MQ  Post #: 25
Page:   [1] 2 3 4   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> =DF= The Maleurous: Reawakening War
Page 1 of 41234>
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition