Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: Flash Q&A thread 2 ** checked everyday

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Artists of Legend >> Art Academy >> RE: Flash Q&A thread 2 ** checked everyday
Page 2 of 24«<12345>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
3/12/2006 14:22:32   
somebody621

I'm also trying to work on a multiplayer RPG. I'm working with the game engine first. It'll be isometric. I already have the engine for classes, spells, etc. all done using prototypes.. It's the multiplayer part that's hard. Besides java which is used on gotoandplay.it, you can also use C++, C#, and a variety of other servers. Also on the site are some interviews with gamemakers. Some of them give hints on how to make multiplayer.
Post #: 26
3/12/2006 14:31:21   
flsg

man, I got to learn Java too... XD
C++ is way to hard, it's the hardest program language on earth!
is there any way to make a multiuser game only with Flash(and XMLSocket)?
AQ  Post #: 27
3/12/2006 14:34:53   
somebody621

There probably is; You are able to send information with it, but I don't know where to learn how to do it in XML. I know it is possible in PHP too.
Post #: 28
3/12/2006 14:41:08   
flsg

edit: http://www.macromedia.com/software/flashcom/
Comm server has a new name now!!!
and, why does a macromedia page has a Adobe logo?!?!

< Message edited by flsg -- 3/12/2006 15:33:27 >
AQ  Post #: 29
3/12/2006 16:24:17   
lil boi blue

because Adobe is like Nasa to robotics, they do a lot of sponsering and can afford it plus people use adobe for interviews and hosting online and stuff like that, well if anyone needs an ar-teist, you know where to catch me lol, do you like the new layout for the thread? now there are links to certain sections like coloring, AS, etc
AQ DF  Post #: 30
3/12/2006 20:12:05   
ericabo123

quote:

ORIGINAL: flsg

thanks a lot!!!
I'm planning to make a REAL ONLINE MULTIPLAYER GAME since I can do the basic system with AS

Your making a flash pvp game?cool.Ill be a tester if you ever release it, i bet you could figure out how to code it.same goes with someguy621. Good luck to both of you!
Post #: 31
3/13/2006 12:17:19   
Darklord517

Does anyone have any idea on how to make a quest for an RPG im making? It could be very simple for example you battle a monster and get an item and then go to a person and they say well done quest complete. ( just an idea, But i would like to know how to make a simple quest).

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dark Google

You need sarcasm lessons.
AQ DF  Post #: 32
3/13/2006 17:35:31   
somebody621

Unless you are like AQ and do a clickaround RPG with straight-foward quests, that is going to be hard. You will have to define many variables, objects, people, and other stuff.
Post #: 33
3/13/2006 18:45:29   
flsg

not only those, here's the list:

Server-side language
Objects if you're using OOP
variables
functions
statements
operator
property(in OOP)
methods(in OOP)
etc
lol
AQ  Post #: 34
3/13/2006 18:51:57   
somebody621

For an isometric game, I want to create maps in advance to the scrolling so when you see the area where two maps merge, you would not have to hit a certain tile to go there, but instead the map would already be loaded. Is this possible to with a square-shaped screen, or would I have to do with the diamond view?
Post #: 35
3/13/2006 21:49:33   
Zoltan

Heres something I refered to when I was trying out Iso, I didnt master it but this site was very simple and helpful...... http://www.dmu.com/flashy/fl0.html
Post #: 36
3/14/2006 3:49:58   
Guardian Patrick

Flash MX is the right program?

< Message edited by hypervalor -- 3/15/2006 1:06:00 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 37
3/14/2006 17:52:02   
flsg

hypervalor: did you see the first thread?
AQ  Post #: 38
3/14/2006 18:17:51   
lil boi blue

or the first page of this thread for that matter lol

but here is the post that includes all movement http://forums2.battleon.com/f/fb.asp?m=4121642
AQ DF  Post #: 39
3/14/2006 21:05:32  1 votes
Valgaera

NOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!! Macromedia got bought out????? I'm jumping off a bridge......

Do not post vulgar language.

Well, there goes all of what I earned from my thread........

< Message edited by Valgaera -- 3/14/2006 22:46:19 >
AQ  Post #: 40
3/14/2006 21:13:58   
lil boi blue

it got bought out? by who? i doubt it did, it is just partners with adobe because they ship out programs such as premiere that can shoot better videos that macromedia, www.macromedia.com yeah it did not get bought out *throws rope around valgaera and pulls him in, ironically it wraps around his neck*

EDIT: o wait nvm they did, or as the companies like to say "adobe and macromedia have forged into one company" so yeah they got bought out *lets go of rope*

< Message edited by lil boi blue -- 3/14/2006 21:16:18 >
AQ DF  Post #: 41
3/14/2006 22:02:55   
flsg

so the rumors I heard about Flash and Adobe WERE TRUE!!!
when Flash 8 come out, Adobe just bought Macromedia...

http://www.adobe.com/aboutadobe/acquisition.html

I guess that I'm gonna to say the same thing that Valgaera said......
man, I guess I'm NOT gonna to re-buy photoshop anymore
I hate Adobe

< Message edited by flsg -- 3/14/2006 22:04:36 >

My flash gallery
my game thread

flsg, proud old member of AQ(still playing :O)
AQ  Post #: 42
3/15/2006 0:49:01   
Grie Velorn

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
stupid adobe!!
AQ DF  Post #: 43
3/15/2006 3:01:01   
Zoltan

Why is it such a bad thing, Adobe has lead the way in lots of software and now combined with macromedia flash should take leeps and bounds..
Post #: 44
3/15/2006 6:24:33   
Valgaera

Well, the change from Flash MX 2004 to Flash 8 was incredible. It was an amazing upgrade. That proved that macromedia knew how to handle their product. Now that Adobe is ruling over them, Flash is going to proceed quite possibly in a differnet way.

And i hate this cause it got me a one star rating from Metal. Lovely, no?
AQ  Post #: 45
3/15/2006 13:58:39   
Zoltan

lol, another reason for the rating system to be abolished... But with corprate takeovers such as this they arnt just going to say 'hey out of my chair im programming flash now' they will keep the same team working on it because obviously they think they know what there doing otherwise they wouldnt have brought them out, they just want a slice of the pie.
Post #: 46
3/15/2006 18:09:22   
flsg

Zoltan: I got my Flash 5 a long time ago, and I love it
macromedia's goal is to make new web platform, and adobe's goal is to make a graphics softares
they're different, they can't be together!
from Flash 5 to Flash MX, I see a huge difference, from Flash MX to MX 2004, I can see a difference too
From MX 2004 to Flash 8, I see a big difference, but I didn't like it at all.
AQ  Post #: 47
3/15/2006 18:12:03   
somebody621

quote:

ORIGINAL: flsg

Zoltan: I got my Flash 5 a long time ago, and I love it
macromedia's goal is to make new web platform, and adobe's goal is to make a graphics softares
they're different, they can't be together!
from Flash 5 to Flash MX, I see a huge difference, from Flash MX to MX 2004, I can see a difference too
From MX 2004 to Flash 8, I see a big difference, but I didn't like it at all.

From MX to MX 2004; hmmph... There were more bugs - a lot more. Oh well. It's the version I have and I like it.
Flash MX 2004 to 8; They just put in the filters. Also, they put in a lot more bitmap actionscript *cough*photoshop*cough*.
Anyway, which type of pathfinding is best for the main character in a game? A* or Robust Tracing?
Edit: the forums are finally back up!

< Message edited by somebody621 -- 3/15/2006 21:29:22 >
Post #: 48
3/16/2006 13:47:44   
Grie Velorn

Does antone now how to make any
type of battle system?
AQ DF  Post #: 49
3/16/2006 18:04:23   
flsg

Goodrun: your question is too vague!!!
this isn't RPGMXP, this is AS, a program language, and there's a million way to make one battle system
somebody621: what's A*?

edit: it seems that to make a online multiplayer game, I need to learn another program language, like Java
does anyone know a good site for Java tutorials?
thanks

< Message edited by flsg -- 3/16/2006 18:21:08 >
AQ  Post #: 50
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Artists of Legend >> Art Academy >> RE: Flash Q&A thread 2 ** checked everyday
Page 2 of 24«<12345>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition