A game engine bug is a bug thats not specific to a single item but rather to the way the game is designed.
1) CHECK if the bug has already been reported, if it has your "Me too!" post is unnecessary. If you have been told by an admin or moderator to post in bugs if some problem that is supposed to be fixed persists, look at the threads at the bottom of this forum, post in the appropriate topic down there, if and ONLY if no topic on the subject exists should you post a new one.
2) Do not respond with "That's not a bug" posts. AKs are welcome to edit such things in to the post though. Every few days I will be going through this thread and deleting all posts that are not bugs. You may however respond if you have a way to solve the bug, such posts are welcome.
3) No pictures! Links to pictures should be used instead. Also please do not use Bitmaps for the pictures. Convert it to a more space efficient type, such as JPEG or png.
4) If your bug is fixed please delete your post. I'll be going through and deleting all posts on fixed bugs every couple of days.
5) If your post mysteriously disappears see above.
6) If you're having a problem in combat list everything you have equipped. Many old reports were blaming the wrong thing, eg the weapon when the problem was the armour or vice versa.
7) Read all the stickies before you post a bug.
8) [Please don't use sigs. Without sigs, it's easier to find the relevant information. - Jergal]
Over the next couple of weeks I will be doing this to all currently existing topics in bugs.
As bug reports come in, the ones that occur often and are reproducable will be added to this list.
Please check this list before posting a new bug report.
First, a list of odd things that are NOT Bugs:
- Some monsters drain MP's instead of HP's
- Monsters try to block attacks that would heal them.
- There is a missing letter "s" for "Armors" in the battle menu.
- Creatures can be healed farther than their original HP.
- In-game shops reequip your default equipment after you buy/sell items.
- Not being able to see things in new quests - if you see "Line 1 Line 2 Line 3 etc" in an NPCs speech bubble at a new quest, make sure you have the latest version of flash, and clear your cache.
- Dracomancer Level reverts to 0 during battle with Bradakhan. One of his attacks drains your dracomancer levels. If you lose, you have to retrain. If you win that same battle that he drained the levels, the levels return automatically.
Known Game Engine Bugs:
- Game sometimes stalls when:
- first loading weapon special or armor
- loading monster encounter (mostly fixed)
- saving battle results (rare problem now, I hope!)
- Damage icon does not always appear when getting hit or hitting the monster. This is often caused when performing multiple attacks.
- Clicking the browser "Back" button exits the game.
- The text size of the Damage Icons for some monsters only holds 2 digits.
Note the below are not game engine bugs but are mentioned here to avoid confusion. Bugs like this belong in the armor thread.
- Some armours show the default head for your character when equipped (eg temp Ice Dragon Rider)
- If you die in battle with the Black Dragon Rider armour equipped, you reappear headless.
- Some armours (Werebunny Armour for example) causing the default sword/shield to appear when using a potion. Re-equip the sword/shield, or change armours, otherwise the game will freeze. This is an ARMOUR problem, not a game-engine problem.
< Message edited by Captain Rhubarb -- 4/8/2008 12:36:39 >