Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =AE= Spotted a Parody or Spoof in our Games Post it Here

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> Artix Entertainment General Discussion >> RE: =AE= Spotted a Parody or Spoof in our Games Post it Here
Page 26 of 28«<2425262728>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
7/23/2011 23:34:40   
earth breather

Some of the animals in the yokai Animal weapons set shop thingy spare a look like some kung fu panda characters
DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 626
7/30/2011 18:29:21   
Lectrix

quote:

You're so vain, you probably think this cape is for you. (For you!)

Alina posted this in the DF Design Notes about a year go (I can't believe I still remember it). It's a reference to Simon Carly's song "You're so Vain". I wonder if anyone else noticed...
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 627
7/31/2011 1:15:31   
ugauga

At very few times that I found Kel-Al Relish, Troll King (Lv 110)... I always remember that famous sentence: Hulk smashs little man. And sometimes, I imagine that KAR is a hulk with a huge club.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 628
8/13/2011 22:01:31   
Travis Touchdown
Reality Touchdown!

In AQ, the Hand Mirror Misc. Item's description is a reference to the "Man Your Man Could Smell Like" Old Spice commerical. Additionally, Gastoff is a obvious parody of Gaston from the Disney "Beauty and the Beast" film.

< Message edited by Travis Touchdown -- 8/13/2011 22:02:13 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 629
8/25/2011 17:56:46   
Jakora

In DF the quest 'Head in the Clouds' the gryphon you attempt to train is called Stewie Gryphon. Its from Family Guy. And, further more, at the end of the quest it says that Stewie Gryphon says victory is mine. That is Stewie Griffin's catch phrase when his plans go right. That means that its a Family Guy parody.
DF  Post #: 630
8/28/2011 1:21:54   
Anon Y. Mous
Creative!

kinda feel like the whole "fluffy will save the world storyline" really paralleled anakin skywalker's story in star wars
DF  Post #: 631
9/4/2011 13:44:40   
biterboy

Okay, so we all know that Robina Hood is like Link and Robin Hood. But! I noticed that she is also like Zelda, because she is also a princess/ranger.

Post #: 632
9/4/2011 17:13:25   
Cobra835

In PVP (Pony VS. Pony) in the member shop, their is a black sheep, the sheeps name, Farely! Farely as in Chris Farely, the actor in the movie black sheep.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 633
9/16/2011 18:54:07   
biterboy

The eyes in the LVL 1 shop in PVP, the description is "Don't blink. Don't even blink." Is a reference to the Weeping Angel Episode in Season 5 of Doctor Who. I know my Doctor Who. I'm onto you Rolith. /glare

Post #: 634
9/16/2011 19:51:20   
AllClassTrainer

The Duke of HaZard.
It's striped in the same way as the Duke brothers car, and when it jumps it pauses and says, the same way it did in the show
"It was around that time when them Guardians/Adventurers knew they were in trouble"

Also Warlic's name is a pun. Warlock, Warlic.

The Gizzard is a pun, a Gizzard is a pouch in birds, the missing link to Dinos, same as Gizzard is a missing Link to Dragons and Zards.

Hans Olo, Han Solo. Ha!
AQ AQW  Post #: 635
9/16/2011 20:44:26   
Aura Knight

Not sure if anyone posted this, but in the Armor of Awe Part 1 quest in AQ, the gate uses a quote which is a reference to LOTR 3.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 636
9/20/2011 20:18:01   
biterboy

Not sure if some one posted this. In one of the last quest's in the Bacon Saga in DF, there is a sign that says "The road less taken" or something to that extent. I think it's a refernce to Robert Frost's poem The Road Less Traveled By.

Post #: 637
9/27/2011 16:41:21   
Purple112

Sokrakiis in AQW, the troll lorekeeper/philosopher, is a play on Socrates, a real life philosopher.

In AQ, the Spoony Zard is a reference to the catchphrase "you spoony bard!"
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 638
9/28/2011 2:16:11   
Dragonnightwolf
How We Roll Winner
Apr/Jun/Aug15

Very Clever Cysero. Very Clever indeed.

I believe that in Dragonfable, in the latest war we had, when the hero meets Skweel the dragon part of the dialogue that Cysero mentions is "Ooh Bananas"

Well I did some looking because that line sounded oddly familiar, The mcgwire sisters in 1957 sang a song called "Ooh banana split"
AQW Epic  Post #: 639
10/2/2011 12:01:37   
Zarkalor

In the Dragonfable quest Triple Threat, when our character says: "You, over there. I will call you Spots, and you will be mine and you will be my Spots.", I think it's a reference to Dory with the little jellyfish ("Squishy") in Finding Nemo.
DF AQW  Post #: 640
10/8/2011 14:56:45   
Drifiuan32

There is a video on youtube called "Me vs Drakath" is pretty funny because it shows Artix vs. Final Drakath in a battle almost as Artix Drakath clashes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YnDeDzQb9Dc
AQ AQW  Post #: 641
10/12/2011 12:42:40   
drakonusX

I noticed that Twilly looks like a chihuahua with big ears!

*MUNCH* Your sig has been munched for overuse.
Please use signatures only once per thread page.
See Universal Forum Rules on Signature Guidelines.
http://forums2.battleon.com/f/fb.asp?m=17051283
Post #: 642
10/20/2011 12:08:02   
Jakora

I saw two parodies in this years AQW birthday event. the parodies are from TMNT: Fast Forward with the whole repruduction of a hero's home, and the Dopplegangers are from Docter Who! Smooth moves AE on that TMNT reference!

Creature of the forest, of Scorpion, Lion and Bat. Bringer of death. Tale told by the seed of hate. Manticore.
DF  Post #: 643
10/20/2011 12:45:00   
RedEyedDrake

I'm pretty sure this wasn't intented by the staff but I decided to post this anyway. AQ's ongoing Elemental Orb/Numbered Beast/Chessmaster saga features a monster who's strongest version is called the Blazing Serpent. It's body has an overall wingless dragon-like shape, it's neck and body are quite long and snake-like, it also has horns, four hooved limbs and a mane made of fire. Let us recap that, shall we? An eastern dragon-like being with a horse-like mane, horns and hooves. That really sounds like Discord of MLP: FiM's second season fame to me. Even though Discord only had one hoof.

< Message edited by RedEyedDrake -- 10/20/2011 12:52:21 >
AQ  Post #: 644
10/29/2011 12:36:57   
lawrence the osl

Myst Imp is a spoof of a little costumed monster that would kill for candy from a movie.
The myst imp has a similear costume and even it's sharp edged lolipop weapon is from the movie.

< Message edited by lawrence the osl -- 10/29/2011 12:37:49 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 645
10/29/2011 17:30:29   
Dragonnightwolf
How We Roll Winner
Apr/Jun/Aug15

I see what you did there AE,

The new Organ Harvester scythe talks about cianti and fava beans. That's a reference to one of the Hannibal Lector movies.

In fact, it was the Silence of the Lambs movie that the famous reference is made in.

(This is a point out in adventure quest, for the newest release for the morninig star set)

First of all,

I do believe I see a reference to a Mercedes Lackey book. She used the word "serf" to indicate a sort of slave, this individual was often called by that name. I think the first book of that series was Aerie.

Also, the castle itself reminds me of Castlevania, the video game series.

And to further indicate Castlevania, Beuamont is clearly a tease at Simon from that same game series.

Meduso, is a direct tease at the legendary myth of Medusa, who was able to turn anyone who stared at her into stone. There were snakes in her hair and that character even made an appearance in the old clash of the titans movie. Medusa also makes an appearance in the Percy Jackson and the Lightning Thief movie as well.

The floating hearts and the floating monster are both representations in castlevania and the floating monster also reminds me of the Beholder.

The new aq quest has a new void-moglin. Oddly enough the look of said moglin reminds me of Disney's Experiment 626 better known as Stitch.

< Message edited by Dragonnightwolf -- 11/11/2011 16:02:03 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 646
11/26/2011 4:21:34   
Crystal Lion

Part of this plays in the HeroSmash trailer*, and the very beginning of the Corporal Saga.

*When the hero and Mr Purple stop for their lunch break.
Post #: 647
11/28/2011 0:51:33   
The Cow says MOO

The Evil Dolphin Pet from AQW. It's from Dr. Blowhole from the Penguins of Madagascar (It's a great show you know)

The Dolphin dude

Here http://www.showbizjunkies.com/tv/neil-patrick-harris-clips-dr-blowhole/

< Message edited by The Cow says MOO -- 12/18/2011 3:19:21 >
Post #: 648
12/2/2011 23:02:20   
EpicTurtle

Solar Boy in AQ's description is a reference to the short story "The Most Dangerous Game".

I just realized that while farming. haha
AQ  Post #: 649
12/4/2011 17:33:40   
GALTARUNDERWORLD

saw a monster the other day called a Mo-zard, (and its weapon was a piano and it wore a robe and a wig()just like Mozart)
Post #: 650
Page:   <<   < prev  24 25 [26] 27 28   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> Artix Entertainment General Discussion >> RE: =AE= Spotted a Parody or Spoof in our Games Post it Here
Page 26 of 28«<2425262728>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition