Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =AE= Spotted a Parody or Spoof in our Games Post it Here

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> Artix Entertainment General Discussion >> RE: =AE= Spotted a Parody or Spoof in our Games Post it Here
Page 24 of 28«<2223242526>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
11/29/2010 2:07:19   
XxnErDyEmOvAmPiRexX

An obvious one is Akira in the Battlespire. He is an exact copy of Goku from the Dragonball, Dragonball Z and Dragonball GT. He uses chi blasts and he goes super sayain (Well Akira's hair turns yellow). Also the writer of DB, DBZ, and DBGT's name is Akira. Akira Toriyama. <----Thats probably spelled wrong.

-Will
Sasuke!

Diasuke!

[link=http://www.mechquest.com/mq-chardetail.asp?id=12495197]Granpa Sas
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 576
12/6/2010 10:17:09   
Silver Xoven

Arbitrator's Helm <- A spoof in DF that refers to Thel 'Vadaam(ee) (aka the Arbiter), who is an Elite and appears in Halo 2 and 3.
DF  Post #: 577
12/6/2010 15:34:12   
Secret1337

Its maby me but Valencias dad and the adventure in DF in the 2 latest Willowshire quests reminds me about Indiana Jones.
Valencias Dad = Indiana Jones.
Quests = The adventure from the Indiana Jones Films.

But Iam not 100% sure on the quests, becouse I have not seen the 1st and the 2nd Indiana Jones film completely .

< Message edited by Secret1337 -- 12/6/2010 15:35:31 >
Post #: 578
12/7/2010 20:30:52   
Cyber master

I call Rip off on herosmash it look very similar to a game my bro use to play mmo(but forgot the name)
~Capt. Icetex
Post #: 579
12/25/2010 18:38:55   
chigotenzin

Chronomancer and Professor Paradox (Ben 10)
HAVE THE EXACT SAME POWERS?!?!
Post #: 580
12/25/2010 18:57:43   
chigotenzin

Tart Kingdom In DF Is obviously Alice In Wonderland And Chesire twilly is the Chesire cat
Post #: 581
12/29/2010 22:30:49   
Xyl

Not sure if anyone posted before but the person Wallo tells you to assinate is Lukar. Lukar is an old term for money. the monster Kung foe is a parody of a shaolin monk
Original
Spoof

< Message edited by Xyl -- 12/29/2010 23:17:44 >
AQ AQW  Post #: 582
12/30/2010 0:15:19   
Nartborrocks
Banned

bill & ted.... phone booth 'nuff said.

Also the Itchi's items, which are ichigo's weapons/ mask
AQ DF  Post #: 583
1/7/2011 21:57:49   
dark hyper tails

Not sure if anyone has posted this yet but the new cactus creeper in aqw is a spoof of the creeper from minecraft

http://www.aq.com/aw-character.asp?id=dark%20hyper%20tails
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 584
1/9/2011 16:30:27   
litemlin101

in DF "Titans of Battleon" You used a spoof of Doctor Who
Post #: 585
1/11/2011 15:51:51   
Tiago X

All the Yokai AC items, are spoofs from various animes, so are some of the NPC's... The Pokemon dude, NOTruto... etc O.e"
DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 586
1/11/2011 15:53:36   
Highlord Sendai

quote:

in DF "Titans of Battleon" You used a spoof of Doctor Who

It was Bill & Ted actually.
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 587
2/5/2011 0:02:09   
Dragonnightwolf
How We Roll Winner
Apr/Jun/Aug15

In the recent aqw release for the live ctrl/alt/delete special, We had parodies of Mario, The pirahana plant, Sonic and Megaman.

But boy was it fun.
AQW Epic  Post #: 588
2/12/2011 14:30:56   
zanathos

@Highlord Sendai: Considering most of the AE Staff has admitted to being Doctor Who fans, i am pretty sure it was more of a spoof of Doctor Who.

Anywhoo, the new Triple Rainbow helm in AQW is a spoof of the Double Rainbow video.

Falconreach Idle is a spoof of So You Think You Can Dance, just kidding, American Idol.

The CAD event had spoofs of Mario, Sonic, The pirahna Plant, Megaman, Metal Gear Solid, and classic 8 bit games.
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 589
2/13/2011 7:10:09   
Matri

Those Chaosweavers remind me a little of the Jaegerkin.
DF MQ  Post #: 590
2/17/2011 14:23:28   
Ligerman9999

Ok im sorry if someones already stated this but the most obvious resemblence The Westing Game book-Sleuthhound inn
I mean theres so much similiarities if your familiar with the book thers Agatha peacock-Grace Wexler, Alfred hitchgreen- James Hoo,Edgar Allen plum-EJ something (the lawyer i forget the name),Sir Arthur Mustard-Otis Amber,Angela Whiteberry-Berthe crow,Scarlet Drew-Angela Wexler, Also each of sleuthhound inns supsects have last name that are a color and in the Westing game the 4 people who had done it has last names of Northrup,Westing,Mcsouthers, and Eastman. Also in the book they are all in a hotel called sunset towers and here there in an inn so yea those are similiaritites let me know if i missed any
Post #: 591
2/19/2011 15:10:06   
Dragonnightwolf
How We Roll Winner
Apr/Jun/Aug15

actually the sluethhound is a parody of Clue, the game and movie.

Also this weeks parodies discovered in dragonfable are as follows. "What's love got to do with it" "Love potion number 9" "I'll do anything for love but I won't do that." "You've lost that loving feeling" as well as a few other songs about love.

AQW Epic  Post #: 592
3/4/2011 21:21:00   
AxelMechRaven

LOL, I never noticed this because I only just started finishing the Mythsong Quests in AQW, but Discordia is none other than parody of the Phantom of the Opera! He quotes several songs from the musical, and like in the ORIGINAL book, his mask is full face! (pretty much). His entire speech to his pirates is made up of parodies from lines from the Musical, mainly Music of the Night.
The lines are :
1. You will curse the day you did not do...all that the Phantom asked of you/ You will curse the day you did not do all that Chaos Lord Discordia asked you to do.
2. You alone can make my soul take flight.../Chaos alone can make my music take flight...
3. The world showed no compassion to me! (exactly the same)
4. The Music of the Night/ Help my music become night
5. Past the Point of No Return/ Name of a song title, plus in the chorus
etc, etc...I'm pretty sure someone must've mentioned it before, but I'm just putting it out there, haha
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 593
3/5/2011 3:09:45   
Matri

Hmm, not a parody or spoof in these games per se.

But I strongly suspect someone who worked on Tangled has been playing at the Knife & Spork.
DF MQ  Post #: 594
3/5/2011 22:59:58   
ArchMagus Orodalf

Ohwow. Just realized that the "Highway" Chaosweaver quest in DF is a huge Hitchhiker's Guide reference. BEWARE THE LEOPARD! Er... UNICOUGAR!
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 595
3/6/2011 6:22:38   
ninja dude

An obvious one which is no doubt already spotted but, the revengers 2 quest is based on marvel heros/villains

Invincible Hogg = Incredible Hulk
Logan = Wolverine
Varnak = Spiderman?
Irony Man = Iron man
Dr. Boom = Dr. Doom

< Message edited by ninja dude -- 3/6/2011 14:01:38 >
AQ  Post #: 596
3/7/2011 20:52:49   
Griffin the awesome

I don't know if this belongs here, but I was just watching Regular Show, and I could of sworn they used the term "technomancer", which is from Dragonfable.

Are other things starting to make spoofs of AE games?

P.S: Since this thread is about finding spoofs of other shows/games/ect in AE, and not about spoofs of AE in other shows/games/ect, and any AK finds this is too off topic, feel free to delete this post.

MQ  Post #: 597
3/16/2011 17:36:58   
ninja dude

Not really a parody but the description of Big Amphibious Oyster in Adventure Quest references the (amazing) band - Blue Oyster Cult.

AQ  Post #: 598
3/24/2011 15:47:48   
ArchMagus Orodalf

LOL. The Dipsey cartoon referred to in the new Miss Fixit quest is a kick at the Sorcerer's Apprentice.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 599
3/24/2011 19:40:56   
Zork Knight

In DF, in the quest "Haunted House", the monster Awdreetoo is a reference to Audrey II from the movie "Little Shop of Horrors". Also, in AQW Friday the 13th 2010 Event Part 1, George Lowe refrences to the movie in the ending cutscene.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 600
Page:   <<   < prev  22 23 [24] 25 26   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> Artix Entertainment General Discussion >> RE: =AE= Spotted a Parody or Spoof in our Games Post it Here
Page 24 of 28«<2223242526>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition