Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: Epicduel: Longer, smarter, more diverse

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Balance >> RE: Epicduel: Longer, smarter, more diverse
Page 2 of 3<123>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
9/9/2015 7:36:58   
Foulman

Yes to more credits. However, I think that ranked and unranked matches should be a feature. Unranked matches don't go onto your win/loss record, while ranked ones do. Also, something should be done with the ranks we have now. And I don't mean level ranks, but the ranks like Civilian, Soldier, Hero, Demigod and stuff. These higher ranks should give more credits and exp for winning than lower ranks. This could make levelling less tedious and pvp will be played more than npc. Of course, these benefits should only apply to ranked matches. unranked ones should give around the same it is right now, but there shouldn't be reward increases for killing higher leveled/ranked players in this battle mode. Also, the rewards system could keep new people playing for longer than a month.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 26
9/9/2015 9:41:50   
Satafou

Someone has been playing too much league^^
Post #: 27
9/9/2015 18:42:00   
  Exploding Penguin

Or Hearthstone or DOTA2 or any number of competitive games.

Ranked/unranked queues would need a larger playerbase though.
Epic  Post #: 28
9/9/2015 19:19:41   
Lord Machaar

We wouldn't be talking about ranks being OP if the game has bigger player base, a bigger player base means you will most likely face players within your rank/level range, but I'm sure they didn't put in
consideration that the game will run out of players, which will leads to battles with vaster ranks/levels difference.

I mean every time I remember there were battles between players with 2 levels and 60 ranks in difference (level 38 vs rank 60) and without an underdog mode, I feel sad for the game, and for the players
who were used as punching bags to satisfy the minority for having no life. But hey, I'm here, so y'all calm down, we won't be seeing players here crying for underdog mode being too OP because they lose once every 30 battles and cry about underdog mode, as a rank 30, I would say you should hold tight to your ranks because my suggestion was about lessening the difference instead of removing it
completely.

< Message edited by Lord Machaar -- 9/10/2015 6:35:26 >
MQ Epic  Post #: 29
9/9/2015 19:50:23   
Xendran

Machaar, that's not what ranked play means.
Ranked play is totally separate from legendary ranks.
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 30
9/9/2015 20:59:15   
.Lord Ginger.

long battles=BORING AND TEDIOUS!
Thinking? This is ED, it's mindless. My strategy is solid so that it's a freaking algorythm against different builds. I've had Omega experience, this is predictable as heck(AND BORING)
AQW Epic  Post #: 31
9/9/2015 23:15:09   
  Exploding Penguin

algorithmic battle strategy = bad
creative thinking in all battles = good

This is a PvP game it's supposed to be competitive not some stupid "make a build that follows the same pattern every single fight and whichever one of these builds + patterns has the highest win rate is the best"

Algorithmic battles should be limited only to NPC fights. The fact that pretty much every battle follows a set pattern makes the game really boring. Also known as fix the darn energy control actives.
Epic  Post #: 32
9/10/2015 3:10:40   
Foulman

Yeah, this is the only competitive game I've played, and I want it to be good again.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 33
9/10/2015 6:46:09   
Lord Machaar

Xendran
Yeah, I know that he is talking about "how many wins you have" ranks, rookie, warlord, emperor, etc...
But do these ranks matter? I can't really find a difference between a player that has 100k 1vs1 wins and another one with 5k 1vs1 wins, because the game soloely depends on the advantage, personal experience and skills might help you in rare occasions.
Unlike ofcourse FPS or RPG games where experience matter, I mean give a player who had just started playing CS:GO yesterday whatever OP equipement the game has, and give one experienced player startpack equipement and this player would win with ease.

I mean is it the case for ED, I challenge any ED player, no matter how experienced he is, to face me with level 40 rank 1 character while I have a rank 60 - 80 one, I would say the possibilty to win is 99,99%, because this game is about sheer advantage not personal skills.
MQ Epic  Post #: 34
9/10/2015 8:06:18   
Xendran

This game doesnt have ranked play. Ranks are not based on how many wins you have total either.
Ranked play makes you gain and lose ranks based on wins, losses, and sometimes winstreaks.

40 wins 40 losses would get you a much lower rank than 20 wins 4 losses.

< Message edited by Xendran -- 9/10/2015 8:07:12 >
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 35
9/10/2015 15:35:27   
Lord Machaar

quote:

Yes to more credits. However, I think that ranked and unranked matches should be a feature. Unranked matches don't go onto your win/loss record, while ranked ones do. Also, something should be done with the ranks we have now. And I don't mean level ranks, but the ranks like Civilian, Soldier, Hero, Demigod and stuff.

That's what I managed to understand from what Foulman said. The ranks he is talking about have a direct relation with how many wins you have.
Although doing ranked games based on your winning ratio/winning streaks would be better, since there are players with tons of wins but still, as I mentioned before, how many wins you have doesn't really
reflect how good you are, since A- the game depends on advantage and B- personal experience and skills also have small impact over the game.
But, are we here talking about day-to-day winning ratio or the overall, because overall winning ratio doesn't also reflect how good a player is, since personally I've gained many wins from gamma, and the
game then was way different.
MQ Epic  Post #: 36
9/11/2015 0:20:56   
.Lord Ginger.

@Pengu- Sad thing is- pvp is algorhythmic... with not much thinking whatsoever. "Bad strategy" but works 93%+ of the time...?
AQW Epic  Post #: 37
9/11/2015 5:04:13   
Front45

The game is totally dead. i don't play already 2 weeks. i don't wanna waste my time. i will wait biggest changes, which give me a wish to play and to get enjoy

just look 2 vs 2 there are only dex tech mages and support mercenaries. and also dex bounty hunters. only these 3 builds are dominating nothing more. merc is dead, cyber is dead, blood mage is dead. they can't play with tank build
Post #: 38
9/11/2015 6:16:47   
Foulman

Front45, that's a whole load of bull. Cyber is not dead, with focus, tech abuse and poison massacre, BM is very good with either STR or Focus, and Merc has an extremely powerful buff and it has HA, which means good tanks and support builds, as well as tech abuse builds. TM has STR, DEX and Focus/Tech, TLM has OP focus, STR and Support, and BH has a good focus and well balanced dex build, as well as a support and strength build.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 39
9/11/2015 20:14:02   
DELTA BEING

actually cyber is kinda dead or at least one foot in the grave. its current skill tree has multiple skills that basically do the same thing and has nothing special or interesting to offer. And it barely has any real build options which is why it can barely compete with other classes
Epic  Post #: 40
9/11/2015 21:08:47   
Foulman

It needs more energy control. Other than that, it has 3 very good defensive buffs, a good EMP and a tech based nuke/stun.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 41
9/11/2015 21:33:06   
Cyber Dream

Guys, I wasn't really sure about posting my suggestion here or the suggestion forum but I just ended up posting it in the suggestion forum lol. But check it out, instead of explaining it here, just save me the time and click the link. In my opinion, my topic is related to this but sorry in advance if it's not.
AQW Epic  Post #: 42
9/13/2015 23:17:37   
Thylek Shran

quote:

Epicduel: Longer, smarter, more diverse

Just fix the balance the duels will automatically last longer.

v.35.3 (2016-01-23) ~ beam.to/shran
DF Epic  Post #: 43
9/13/2015 23:47:28   
DELTA BEING

Thylek Shran, I thought point of making Epic Duel battles longer was to fix the balance, not vice versa, am I not correct?
Epic  Post #: 44
9/14/2015 1:28:53   
Thylek Shran

This won´t work as it just means more repetitions of the best move patterns.
Some skills and robots will get stronger with longer battles and some weaker
but the balance problem remains.
DF Epic  Post #: 45
9/14/2015 9:11:16   
Therril Oreb
Legendary AdventureGuide!

quote:

quote:

Epicduel: Longer, smarter, more diverse

Just fix the balance the duels will automatically last longer.

This does not really help anyone. If you have a way to improve it, it is better to say so.
Just fixing it is easier said than done.

quote:

This won´t work as it just means more repetitions of the best move patterns.
Some skills and robots will get stronger with longer battles and some weaker
but the balance problem remains.

As I stated in my very first post, longer battles require multiple changes. This includes the current classes since they are too similar to one another.
And you cannot just repeat move patterns. You have the state of the battle to keep in mind.
Your Health, your energy, buffs and debuffs applied to you. All these factors change how you react in your next move.

So repetition would be unlikely to happen as long as all classes are diverse and different enough.
I also recall someone giving the option that classes could have a larger skillset tree allowing more options.

This is easier said than done. But I am still of the mind that these changes could make EpicDuel more interesting for everyone if done correctly.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 46
9/14/2015 10:35:06   
Mother1

@ therril oreb

Lets say we succeeded in doing this and we got battles to be all this. There is still a problem and that is the "PLAYER POPULATION!" With longer battles that also means longer wait times for those who are trying to get into battles with others and since we have an extremely small one at the moment longer battles won't be healthy.

You would need something to compensate for this otherwise it you will have a problem just as big as the passive to active update brought with it.
Epic  Post #: 47
9/14/2015 21:38:38   
DELTA BEING

maybe we should focus on increasing the player population before making battles longer
Epic  Post #: 48
9/14/2015 22:36:04   
Xendran

Can't increase the player population when the game is broken.

< Message edited by Xendran -- 9/14/2015 22:37:27 >
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 49
9/14/2015 22:54:05   
DELTA BEING

looks like we found the root of our problem
Epic  Post #: 50
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Balance >> RE: Epicduel: Longer, smarter, more diverse
Page 2 of 3<123>
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition